F, b. circa 1900
- Birth: Helen Zahn was born circa 1900.
- Marriage: She and Anton Arnold VandenHeuvel were married on April 18, 1934 in Minnesota.
Amy May Hatfield
F, b. April 15, 1911, d. May 27, 1989
- Birth: Amy May Hatfield was born on April 15, 1911.
- Marriage: She and Joseph Henry VandenHeuvel were married on August 2, 1933 in Minnesota.
- Death: Amy May Hatfield died on May 27, 1989, at age 78, in Freeborn, Freeborn Co, Minnesota.
F, b. circa 1908
- Birth: Edna Arlt was born circa 1908.
- Marriage: She and Louis Arnold VandenHeuvel were married on January 20, 1934 in Minnesota.
M, b. November 20, 1847
- Birth: Adrianus Smits was born on November 20, 1847 in Mill en Sint Hubert, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Immigration: He immigrated to Tuskina in 1850 Line 174.
Raymond J Vanderloop
M, b. August 20, 1918, d. November 7, 1943
- Birth: Raymond J Vanderloop was born on August 20, 1918 in Thorp, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on November 7, 1943, at age 25, in KIA WWII.
- Burial: He was buried in Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Roma, Lazio, Italy.
- Note: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 01/06/1944
Mrs. Mary Vanderloop received a telegram on Wednesday that her son, Cpl. Raymond J. Vanderloop, was killed in action on (Sunday) November the seventh somewhere in Italy. Raymond left for the army on Sept. 10th, 1941 and landed in Africa on Nov. 8, 1942 and was killed on Nov. 7, 1943.
He was born on Aug. 20, 1918, the youngest of the family. His father died on March 18, 1939.
Raymond is survived by his mother, Mary Vanderloop of Stanley, and two brothers, Sylvester at home, Wilfred with the armed forces in England and seven sisters, (Cora) Mrs. Peter Henke of Stanley, (Lizzie) Mrs. Henry Hoks of Menasha, (Minnie) Mrs. John Capaul of Cornell, (Mathilda) Mrs Ray Brown and (Henrietta) Mrs. Herbert Bossler of Port Washington, (Agnes) Mrs. Arthur Jacque and (Rose) Mrs. Henry Frese Jr., of Thorp, and many other relatives and friends.
15th Infantry Regiment
3rd Infantry Division
Received the Purple Heart.
M, b. October 15, 1906, d. February 3, 1966
- Birth: Sylvester Vanderloop was born on October 15, 1906 in Thorp, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 3, 1966, at age 59, in Thorp, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Sylvester Vanderloop, a resident of rural Stanley, died suddenly at four o'clock Thursday afternoon at Victory Memorial Hospital.
Mr. Vanderloop was born October 15, 1906 and had lived his entire life on the home farm. He was the son of Henry and Mary Vanderloop.
He was a member of St. Anne's Church and Holy Name Society of Stanley.
Surviving are one brother Wilfred of Fredonia, Wis., three sisters, Mrs. Arthur (Agnes) Jacques, Thorp; Mrs. Henry (Rose) Frese, Thorp; and Mrs. Matilda Brown, Cedarburg, Wis. He was preceeded in death by his parents, four sisters and one brother.
Friends may call at the Plombon Funeral Home, Stanley, from Sunday noon until the time of the funeral. Services wil be held Monday morning at nine o'clock at St. Anne's Church, with interment at St. Mary's Cemetery.
M, b. February 11, 1915, d. December 9, 1973
- Birth: Wilfred Vanderloop was born on February 11, 1915 in Stanley, Chippewa Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Lucille Leider were married on May 25, 1946.
- Death: Wilfred Vanderloop died on December 9, 1973, at age 58, in Fredonia, Ozaukee Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. August 30, 1904, d. October 28, 1988
- Birth: Agnes Vanderloop was born on August 30, 1904 in Thorp, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on October 28, 1988, at age 84, in Thorp, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 05/10/1928
Vanderloop, Agnes (30 APR 1928)
On Monday, April 30, 1928, at St. Anne's Church, occurred the marriage of Miss Agnes, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Vanderloop, and Arthur, son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Jacques of Thorp, Clark County, Wis. The bride wore a gown of queen's blue georgette, with slippers and hose in silver effect, and a hat to match the gown. She carried roses and snapdragons. She was attended by Miss Mary Jacques, sister of the groom. Miss Jacques wore dark blue georgette with hat to match. The groom was attended by Sylvester Vanderloop, brother of the bride. After the ceremony the bridal party drove to the home of the bride's parents, where a dinner and reception was given to immediate relatives and friends, numbering about forty. A wedding dance was held in the evening at the home of the groom's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Jacques, east of Thorp. The newly wedded couple left yesterday for Port Washington, where they will make their home.
Agnes (Vanderloop) Jacques, 84, of Thorp, died in her home Friday, October 28, 1988 after a lengthy illness.
Services were held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, October 31, 1988 at St. Bernard's Catholic Church, Thorp. Burial was in the church cemetery. Grandsons were pallbearers.
She was born Aug. 30, 1904, to Henry and Mary Huls Vanderloop. She was a schoolteacher in Clark County until she married Arthur Jacques April 28, 1928. He survives.
Besides her husband, she is survived by three sons: Duane and Donald, both of Milwaukee and Thomas of Prior Lake, MN; two daughters: Alva Retta Trahan of Crofton, MD and Janice Scheibe of Marshfield; 13 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents, six sisters and three brothers.
M, b. December 10, 1906, d. June 1, 1995
- Birth: Arthur Jacques was born on December 10, 1906.
- Death: He died on June 1, 1995, at age 88, in Thorp, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Arthur N. Jacques, 88, 205 S. Washington St., Thorp, WI, died Thursday, June 1, 1995 at his home.
Arthur was born December 10, 1906 in the Township of Reseburg, rural Thorp to Henry and Emma (Pribbenow) Jacques. He was married to Agnes Vanderloop April 30, 1928 at St. Bernard's Catholic Church, Thorp. They celebrated their 50th anniversary in 1978. He was a Charter Member of Thorp Moose Lodge, Past Governor; was manager of Blue Moon Foods for over 30 years. He was a retired member of the Thorp City Council and Past Fire Chief of Thorp Fire Department. He was a lifelong member of St. Bernard's Parish.
Funeral services were held Monday, June 5, 1995, 10:30 a.m. at St. Bernard's-St. Hedwig's Catholic Church, Thorp with Rev. John Puerner officiating. Burial will be in St. Bernard's Cemetery. Grandchildren serving as pallbearers.
Surviving are three sons: Duane Jacques of Milwaukee, Donald (Elaine) Jacques of Greendale and Thomas (Barbara) Jacques of Prior Lake, MN; two daughters: Alva Retta Trahan of Maryland, Janice (Jarl) Scheibe of Marshfield; 13 grandchildren, 4 great-grandchildren; one sister, Mary Quelle of Greenwood, one brother, Alvin Jacques of Owen. He was preceded in death by his parents, wife Agnes, October 28, 1988, 3 sisters and 2 brothers.
Rosa Cecelia Vanderloop
F, b. November 24, 1912, d. July 24, 1974
Family: Henry Frese (b. August 11, 1911, d. June 24, 1978)
- Birth: Rosa Cecelia Vanderloop was born on November 24, 1912 in Stanley, Chippewa Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Henry Frese were married on June 25, 1934 in Stanley, Chippewa Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Rosa Cecelia Vanderloop died on July 24, 1974, at age 61, in Stanley, Chippewa Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/28/1934
One of the most beautiful weddings of the season was solemnized with a high mass at 8:30 o'clock at St. Ann's Catholic Church at Stanley, Wis., on Monday, June 25th, 1934, Rev. Father Mueller officiating and performing the double ring ceremony, assisted by Rev. Joseph Stenz, Cadott, Wis., and Rev. Sylvester Frye, Edson, Wis.
Miss Matilda Vanderloop, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Vanderloop, Stanley, Wis., became the bride of Roy Brown, son of Mrs. Esther Brown, Thorp, Clark Co., Wis., and Miss Rose Vanderloop, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Vanderloop, became the bride of Henry Frese Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Frese, Sr., Thorp, Clark Co.
They were ushered to the altar by Geraldine Henke, niece of the brides, who was attired in honeydew organdie and carried an arm basket of assorted flowers, and Donald Jacque, nephew of the brides, was ring bearer. He wore the corresponding costume of the grooms.
Miss Matilda was attired in light blue silk dotted net with a miniature train. A large white hat and white accessories completed the ensemble. The bridal bouquet consisted of lilies of the valley and forget-me-nots. Miss Rose wore pink dotted net with miniature train, large white hat and white accessories. Her bouquet consisted of white swansonias, rapture roses, and gypsophola. They were attended by Mrs. Herbert Bossler, sister of the brides, Port Washington, Wis. as matron of honor. She was attired in green net with a neck corsage of talisman roses. Miss Rose Hoks, niece of the brides, Menasha, Wis., acted as maid of honor, wearing a blue taffeta and neck corsage of Joana Hill roses, the bridesmaid was Lucy Henke, niece of the brides, who wore corn color organdie, white hat, arm corsage of talisman roses and gypsopholas and white accessories.
The best man, Raymond Vanderloop, brother of the brides, was attired in the corresponding costume of the grooms, which was light trousers and dark coat and vest.
The couples will leave for an extended honeymoon and will be at home to their friends July 6th.
Dinner and supper was served to about 100 immediate friends and relatives. Those from out of town attending were: Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Bussler, Port Washington, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. John Capaul and family, Cornell, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Henry Hoks and family, Menasha, Wis., Mr. Mary Vanderloop and son Norbert, Lucille Rademacher and Rosalie Van Able, Kaukauna, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Glen Freimund and Mr. Al Barwineck, Thorp Wis.
Rose (Vanderloop) Frese, 61, died of a heart attack at Stanley Hospital July 24, 1974. Funeral services were held at St. Bernard's Catholic Church, Thorp on Saturday, July 27, 1974 at 10:30 a.m. with Father John Puerner officiating. Interment was made in the Reseburg cemetery.
Pallbearers were: Louis Malinowski, John Budzinski, Bernard Jacque, Ernest Doege, Clifford Schmidt and Tony Jacque.
Rose Vanderloop was born November 24, 1912 at Stanley, Wis. She was united in marriage to Henry Frese on June 25, 1934 at St. Anne's Church, Stanley. She had resided in the township of Reseburg since her marriage.
Surviving are her husband Henry Frese; three sons, Roger Frese of Withee, Bernard and Gerald of Thorp; three daughters, Roxanne McAllister of Park City, Illinois, Lorriane Trohanov of Great Lakes, Illinois, Maxine Pogodzinski of Lublin; two sisters, Tillie Brown of Cedarburg, Wis. and (Agnes) Mrs. Art Jacques of Thorp. She was preceded in death by her parents Henry and Mary Vanderloop.
M, b. August 11, 1911, d. June 24, 1978
- Birth: Henry Frese was born on August 11, 1911 in Clark County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Rosa Cecelia Vanderloop were married on June 25, 1934 in Stanley, Chippewa Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Henry Frese died on June 24, 1978, at age 66, in Clark County, Wisconsin.
F, b. June 5, 1902, d. January 3, 1980
- Birth: Matilda Vanderloop was born on June 5, 1902 in Thorp, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on January 3, 1980, at age 77, in Jackson, Washington Co, Wisconsin.
Raymond F Brown
M, b. March 6, 1910, d. January 31, 1973
- Birth: Raymond F Brown was born on March 6, 1910 in Thorp, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 31, 1973, at age 62, in Beloit, Rock Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ray F. Brown, 62, of 1425 Cleveland Ave., was dead on arrival at Beloit hospital Wednesday morning.
He was born March 6, 1912, in Stanley, Wis. He was married to Hazel Leisher Aug. 17, 1953 in Beloit and was a retired A.O. Smith Co. employee of Milwaukee.
Surviving are his wife; two daughters, Felicia Ann and Margaret; two sons, Robert and William, all at home; three sons, Raymond of Cincinnati, Lyle of Grafton and Richard of Cedarburg; three daughters, Mrs. Mary Ann Wetzler of Burlington, Mrs. Ida Mae McGarry if Dana, FL and Mrs. Patricia Webb of Granfton; three step-daughters, Mrs. Jean Moessner of San Jose, CA, Mrs. Barbara Lowe of Marcel, IL and Mrs. Sandra Iron of Loves Park; 25 grandchildren.
Services will be at 1:30 p.m. Monday in Hansen Funeral Home with the Rev. Emmett Kaske officiating. Burial will be in East Lawn Cemetery. Friends may call from 7 to 9 p.m. Sunday in the funeral home.
F, b. August 29, 1875, d. April 29, 1964
- Birth: Henrietta Huls was born on August 29, 1875 in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on April 29, 1964, at age 88, in Stanley, Chippewa Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Mrs. Joseph Haas nee Hattie Huls passed away on Saturday evening at the Victory Memorial Hospital at Stanley. Funeral services were held at 9 am at St. Anne's Catholic Church at Stanley. Rev. Edmund Cramer officiating and burial in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Hattie Huls was born on Aug. 29, 1875 at Hollandtown. She was married to Joseph Haas at Stanley where they operated a grocery store for a number of years before retiring. Her husband passed away Sept. 30, 1942. Five brothers and three sisters also preceeded her in death. She resided at the home of her sister, Mrs. Mary Vanderloop for about 1 1/2 years until entering the Stanley Rest Home 2 weeks ago. Surviving are 21 nieces and nephews.
Mrs. Hattie Haas, 88, died at Victory Memorial Hospital in Stanley, at 5:45 o'clock Saturday evening after a two weeks' illness.
Mrs. Haas was born in Hollandtown, Wis., August 27, 1875, the daughter of Henry and Catherine Huls. She moved to Stanley when a young lady and was married there at St. Anne's Catholic Church to Joseph Haas. For many years they operated a store in Stanley.
She was a member of St. Anne's Catholic Church.
Surviving are a number of nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband in 1942; five brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Plombon's Funeral Home, Stanley, until the time of the funeral. Services will be at nine o'clock Tuesday morning at St. Anne's Catholic Church, with Father Edmund Cramer officiating. Interment will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
The Rosary will be recited at 8:00 o'clock this evening at Plombon's.
Cora H Vanderloop
F, b. July 13, 1893, d. June 2, 1957
- Birth: Cora H Vanderloop was born on July 13, 1893 in Hollandtown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on June 2, 1957, at age 63, in Stanley, Chippewa Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Mrs. Peter Henke
Funeral services and a requiem Mass for Mrs. Peter Henke (Cora Vanderloop) were held at St. Anne's Catholic Church at Stanley on Wednesday, June 5, 1957 at 9:30 a.m., with Father Edmund Cramer officiating. Burial took place in St. Mary's Cemetery, Stanley.
Mrs. Henke passed away suddenly at her home in the town of Worden on Sunday, June 2nd at 4:45 p.m.
She was born at Holland, Wisconsin, on July 13, 1893 the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Vanderloop and when very young came to make her home in the Stanley country where her parents located in farming. She attended High School at Stanley and was engaged as a rural school teacher for a few years. On January 7, 1920 she was united in marriage to Peter Henke at St. Anne's Catholic Church at Stanley, who with 4 children survive her: Lucy (Mrs. Bernard Haas) of Cadott, Evelyn (Mrs. Melvin Haas) of Thorp, Phyllis (Mrs. Marlin Johnson) od Stanley and Donald at home. A daughter, Geraldine, passed away in 1941.
She is survived also by her mother, Mrs. Vanderloop and five sisters: Minnie (Mrs. John Capaul) of Cornell, Agnes (Mrs. Arthur Jacques) of Thorp, Tillie (Mrs. Ray Brown) of Cedarburg, Henrietta (Mrs. Herbert Bossler) of Port Washington, Rose (Mrs. Henry Frese) of Thorp; and two brothers, Sylvester of Stanley and Wilfred of Fredonia, Wis., and 10 grandchildren.
Six nephews served as pallbearers: Bernard Hoks of Menasha, Raymond Capaul and Harold Capaul of Cornell, Duane Jacques of Milwaukee, Robert Capaul of Minneapolis and Roger Frese of Thorp.
Out of town relatives attending were: Henry Hoks, Mr. and Mrs. Bernard Hoks, Menasha; Mr. and Mrs. Wilfred Vanderloop, Fredonia; Mr. and Mrs. Herb Bossler, Port Washington; Ray Brown, Cedarbug; Mr. and Mrs. John Capaul and daughter, Mary Jane, Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Capual, Harold Capaul and Mrs. Eldon Johnson, all of Cornell; Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Nesvacil and family and Mr. and Mrs. Laverne Roth, of Cadott; Mrs. Colin Haagenson of Minneapolis; Robert Capaul of St. Paul; Duane Jacques of Milwaukee; Mr. And Mrs. Lawrence Henke, Mr. and Mrs. Ray Graham of Owen; Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence Weix of Colby; Mr. and Mrs. Warren Rose of Eau Claire; Mrs. Victor Gordeaux, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Gygi and Henry Driessen of Holcombe; Mr. and Mrs. John Zorn, Mrs. Lawrence Befort and Joe Zorn of Goodhur, Minn.; Mrs. Louise Henke, Mr. and Mrs. Emil Henke, Marian Henke, Mrs. Alma Mullenbach, Mrs. Barth, Peter Barth, Mr. and Mrs. H. Frese and family, Mrs. John S. Bogumill and Mr. and Mrs Art Jacques, Janice and Tom, all of Thorp.
F, b. February 22, 1896, d. June 15, 1896
- Birth: Hattie Vanderloop was born on February 22, 1896 in Hollandtown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on June 15, 1896, at age 0, in Hollandtown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. May 21, 1897, d. August 31, 1897
- Birth: William Vanderloop was born on May 21, 1897 in Hollandtown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 31, 1897, at age 0, in Hollandtown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. July 22, 1898, d. October 2, 1898
- Birth: Harry Vanderloop was born on July 22, 1898 in Thorp, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on October 2, 1898, at age 0, in Thorp, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. August 2, 1899, d. February 1, 1963
Family: John Capaul (b. June 30, 1896, d. January 31, 1963)
- Birth: Minnie Vanderloop was born on August 2, 1899 in Thorp, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on February 1, 1963, at age 63.
- Note: Mrs. John Capaul 2nd Road Victim; Services Feb 2
A rural Cornell woman died today of injuries suffered in the same accident which took the life of her husband.
Mrs. John Capaul, 63, passed away at St. Joseph's Hospital here in Chippewa Falls this morning; her husband died Thursday.
The death was the second of the year for Chippewa County.
The fatal accident occurred Monday afternoon at an intersection of County Trunk EE and a town road. The Capaul car, driven by John Capaul, was involved in a collision with one driven by Herbert Sparks, 62, Route 1, Cornell.
Both Mr. and Mrs. Capaul were thrown from the car.
Sparks reportedly escaped serious injury.
Joint funeral services for the Capauls will be held at 11 o'clock Saturday morning at the Holy Cross Church in Cornell, with Father Peter Minwegan, O. M. I. officiating at the requiem Mass. Interment will be in the Cornell Cemetery.
Friends may call at the Cornell Funeral Home this evening.
Thorp (WI) Courier
Feb 7, 1963
Mrs. John Capaul (Minnie M. Vanderloop Capaul), 63, of Cornell passed away Friday, February 1, from injuries received in a car accident, and was born August 2, 1899. She was married to John Capaul at St. Ann's Church in Stanley on May 10, 1921 and they moved to the Cornell area in December 1921.
Funeral services were held at Holy Cross Catholic Church at Cornell on Saturday, February 2, Father Peter Minwegan officiated at the eleven o'clock services and burial was in Cornell.
Surviving are four sons, Raymond and Harold of Cornell, LaVerne of Dubuque, Iowa and Robert of St. Paul; four daughters, Mrs. William (Lucille) Nesvacil, Cadott, Mrs. Colin (Bette) Haagerson, Minneapolis, Mrs. LaVern (Rita) Roth, Cadott and Mrs. Robert (Mary Jane) Hrdlicka, Jim Falls; her mother, Mrs. Mary Vanderloop; two brothers, Wilfred Vanderloop of Fredonia, Wis., and Sylvester of Stanley; three sisters, Mrs. Ray (Mathilda) Brown, Cedarburg, Mrs. Arthur (Agnes) Jacques and Mrs. Henry (Rose) Frese of Thorp; 21 grandchildren and four great grandchildren.
Henrietta Maria Vanderloop
F, b. August 3, 1908, d. January 30, 1961
- Birth: Henrietta Maria Vanderloop was born on August 3, 1908 in Thorp, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on January 30, 1961, at age 52, in Port Washington, Ozaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: The Thorp Courier, Thorp, Wisconsin
February 9, 1961
Mrs. H. Bossler
Mrs. Herbert Bossler passed away on January 30, 1961, at St. Alphonsus Hosp. at Port Washington, Wis., where she had been a patient for three weeks.
Death was caused by coronary thrombosis. Funeral services were held at 9:30 a.m. at Port Washington and burial in the parish cemetery.
Henrietta Vanderloop Bossler was born at Stanley, Wis., on Aug. 3, 1908. After her marriage on Nov. 30, 1933 she had lived at Port Washington.
She is survived by her husband; one son Kehler Bossler of Newburg; one daughter Fern, a junior at Whitewater State College; 2 granddaughters, Leslie and Debra Bossler; and one grandson Dale Bossler of Newburg; her mother, Mrs. Mary Vanderloop of Stanley; 2 brothers, S. M. Vanderloop of Stanley and Wilfred Vanderloop of Fredonia, Wis.; 4 sisters, Mrs. John Capual of Cornell, Mrs. Arthur Jacques of Thorp, Mrs. Ray Brown of Cedarburg and Mrs. H. Frese of Thorp.
F, b. May 13, 1918, d. August 31, 1980
- Birth: Lucille Leider was born on May 13, 1918.
- Marriage: She and Wilfred Vanderloop were married on May 25, 1946.
- Death: Lucille Leider died on August 31, 1980, at age 62, in Port Washington, Ozaukee Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. October 4, 1928, d. March 29, 2006
- Birth: Laverne DeByl was born on October 4, 1928 in Forest Junction, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on March 29, 2006, at age 77.