Bernadine Claire Rouse
F, b. June 13, 1932, d. June 3, 2017
- Birth: Bernadine Claire Rouse was born on June 13, 1932 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on February 11, 1956 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on June 3, 2017, at age 84.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Bernadine "Bernie" Claire (Rouse) Hazen, 84, passed away peacefully at home in Vacaville, CA, surrounded by her loving family, on Saturday, June 3, 2017 following a brief illness.
Bernadine, daughter of Howard and Marjorie Rouse, was born on June 13, 1932 and raised in Green Bay, Wisconsin. At the age of 13, as the oldest of six children, she left school for a year to care for her ailing mother and help with the younger children (Doris, George, Kathleen, Darrell, and Audrey). After her mother passed away, her father married Lucy Lovelace and Bernadine gained a stepmother and two siblings, Clinton and Eleanor. Bernie returned to school, later graduating from East High School, Green Bay, in 1952. By then, her family had grown with three additional brothers, Bobby, Paul, and Danny.
After short stints working at the Merry-Go-Round Ice Cream Shop and Western Union, she found her calling in healthcare, working at St Mary's Hospital, Green Bay, first as a nurse's aide and later as a central supply technician. She met the love of her life, Christian Hazen Jr., in 1955, and was married on February 11, 1956, at St. Willebrord Catholic Church. Bernie and Chris enjoyed many adventures together, including camping and fishing with their six children. Bernie traveled by airplane for the first time at the age of 51, and discovered a whole new world, sightseeing throughout the United States and Europe. After retirement, Bernie and Chris relocated to the Southwestern United States, eventually settling in Tucson, Arizona and spending their summers in Vacaville, California.
Some of Bernie's fondest memories include attending the high school graduations of her cherished grandchildren. She prayed for her grandchildren daily, for good health and happiness. She also was very close to her great-grandchildren. Bernie was proud of all her children, grandchildren, and their accomplishments. Bernie's loving, outgoing nature; positive, optimistic attitude, and beautiful smile led to making dear friends everywhere she went. She will be remembered and treasured by her loved ones forever.
Bernie is survived by her beloved husband of 61 years, Christian Hazen Jr.; their three sons, Christian, Curtis, and Keith; and three daughters, Karen, Carol, and Kathleen; daughter-in-law Sandra, and sons-in-law Keith VandenHeuvel and Dominick Amadeo. She was blessed with seven grandchildren, Christopher (Kristina), Holly (Greg), Caleb, Krista, Katrina, Nicholas, and Harlan. Bernie also had honorary grandchildren, Angela (Craig) and Dominick (Alexandra); and great-grandchildren, Mackenzie, Francesca, Luke, and Dominick Anthony. Bernie is also survived by her sisters, Elly Frawley, Doris VanderMeulen (Wayne), and Audrey Rohan (Phil); brothers, Darrell (Kay), Bobby (Virginia), and Paul (Karen) Rouse; and numerous nieces, nephews, and cousins.
She was preceded in death by her father, Howard Rouse; mother, Marjorie Ann Graney Rouse; stepmother, Lucy Lovelace Rouse; brothers, George and Danny Rouse and Clinton Lovelace; and sister, Kathleen Rouse.
Friends may call at St. Willebrord Catholic Church, 209 S. Adams St., Green Bay, WI from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Friday. The Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the church. Reception will directly follow the mass. Interment will be in the Veteran Wall of Honor at Allouez Catholic Cemetery and Mausoleum. A private celebration of her life will be held at a later date in Vacaville, California. Blaney Funeral Home is assisting the family. To send online condolences, please go to www.BlaneyFuneralHome.com.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to NorthBay Hospice and Bereavement.
The Hazen family expresses their heartfelt appreciation for the love, support, phone calls, visits, and especially prayers from loved ones during this time. The Hazen family is especially grateful to the Kaiser Vacaville physicians, nurses, and staff that cared for Bernie while hospitalized, for the NorthBay Hospice Team that provided support after Bernie went home, and to Father Jeff Henry, Louise Henry, Alexandra Amadeo, and Mackenzie Amadeo for making this time especially memorable for Bernie.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from June 8 to June 9, 2017.
F, b. 1940, d. 1940
- Birth: Joan Hazen was born in 1940.
- Death: She died in 1940, at age ~0.
- Burial: She was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
Evelyn Mae Hazen
F, b. October 20, 1924, d. July 22, 1987
- Birth: Evelyn Mae Hazen was born on October 20, 1924 in Ashland, Ashland Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on July 22, 1987, at age 62.
F, b. July 4, 1933, d. February 26, 2004
- Birth: Georgiana Hazen was born on July 4, 1933 in Ashland, Ashland Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Merle Donald Plamann were married on December 29, 1953 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Georgiana Hazen died on February 26, 2004, at age 70.
M, b. November 9, 1938, d. 1943
- Birth: Richard Hazen was born on November 9, 1938 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died in 1943, at age ~5, in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
M, b. 1853, d. 1928
- Birth: Joseph Mader was born in 1853 in Germany.
- Death: He died in 1928, at age ~75, in Shawano County, Wisconsin.
F, b. 1856, d. 1942
- Birth: Crescentia Kasperbauer was born in 1856 in Germany.
- Death: She died in 1942, at age ~86.
Julie Laura Aldrich
F, b. January 31, 1898, d. August 14, 1980
- Birth: Julie Laura Aldrich was born on January 31, 1898 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and George Joseph Barrett were married in 1920.
- Death: Julie Laura Aldrich died on August 14, 1980, at age 82, in King, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. January 17, 1813
- Birth: Maria VandenHoogen was born on January 17, 1813 in Reek, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Joseph V Ashenbrenner
M, b. June 9, 1862, d. August 13, 1918
- Birth: Joseph V Ashenbrenner was born on June 9, 1862 in Klatovy, Bohemia.
- Marriage: He and Frances Kutil were married on October 15, 1882 in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Joseph V Ashenbrenner died on August 13, 1918, at age 56, in Shawano County, Wisconsin.
- Note: It is a hard task to write an obituary of a dear friend but duty calls. A short biographical sketch may not be amiss. Joseph V. Ashenbrenner who departed this life Aug. 13th at about noon hour attained the age of 56 years last June.
He was born in Bohemia. At the age of 19 in the company of Wenzel Sousek and the elder Kutils he left his native home to seek a new home in America and to better his condition. And before I forget I might add he always appreciated the opportunities this country offered which were denied him in his native home.
On landing in New York in some way he became separated from the others and found himself on a different train. On his arrival in Chicago he was robbed of the small amount of money on his person and there he was all alone among strangers and not able to converse with anyone until, as luck would have it he accidentally ran across a Bohemian who was enroute to Crete, Nebraska. That was a godsend; for the newly found friend bought him a ticket to Crete, Nebr. He lost track of the Kutils and Wenzel Sousek until by corresponding with relatives in Bohemia he was apprised of their location at Leopolis. After a stay of nearly a year at Crete he concluded to join his friends and relatives at Leopolis. Shortly after landing, Oct. 15, 1882 he married and bought the land owned by his son, Joseph J. Afterwards he acquired the Wenzel Ashenbrenner farm and other lands near the homestead where he resided at the time of his death. The writer first became acquainted with Mr. Ashenbrenner while located at Caroline in the years 1884 & 1885 and at his arrival at Leopolis in March, 1886, among the first to extend the glad hand was the deceased and that friendship continued unremittingly until the last. His jovial good nature and natural wit stood him in hand; and being industrious and economical and a deep thinker (ably assisted by his wife) he got to be one of the well to do farmers of our county. Being in a reminiscent mood I may be pardoned for digressing by mentioning the fact that we spent many happy hours at times talking over our experiences in the western country (the writer roamed the plains in the year 1872 to 1874, and enumerated the many hardships endured during those years.)
The loss of his dear wife with whom he lived happily these many years was a stunning blow which is to be compared to the sorrow and anguish endured by his father and surviving children. No task was to heavy for him that would lighten the burden and help along his family. He is survived by his aged father, 2 sons, Joseph J. and Matt and 4 daughters, Mrs. John Ready, Mrs. Henry Mader, Mrs. Louis Cerveny and Annie. The stricken family have the sympathy of all in their bereavement. The funeral was held from the Catholic church on Aug. 16th and a large concourse of friends followed the remains to the last resting place. Peace to his ashes. P. J. HEINL.
F, b. circa 1862
- Birth: Frances Kutil was born circa 1862.
- Marriage: She and Joseph V Ashenbrenner were married on October 15, 1882 in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
Maria Bartel Janse Verbruggen
F, b. October 5, 1793
- Birth: Maria Bartel Janse Verbruggen was born on October 5, 1793 in Nistelrode, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: She and Martinus VandenHogen were married on April 27, 1820 in Nistelrode, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. August 5, 1816
- Birth: Hermanus VandenHoogen was born on August 5, 1816 in Zeeland, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Doremee Catharina VandenHoogen
F, b. April 18, 1843
- Birth: Doremee Catharina VandenHoogen was born on April 18, 1843 in Zeeland, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. November 29, 1844
- Birth: Gerardus VandenHoogen was born on November 29, 1844 in Zeeland, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Julia Mary Brosseau
F, b. circa 1849
- Birth: Julia Mary Brosseau was born circa 1849.
Sophia Amerlia VandenHogen
F, b. circa 1875
- Birth: Sophia Amerlia VandenHogen was born circa 1875.
M, b. circa 1875
- Birth: Paul Beyer was born circa 1875.
M, b. June 2, 1850, d. 1921
- Birth: Cornelius VandenHoogen was born on June 2, 1850 in Zeeland, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: He and Delia Arnoldina Michiels were married on February 8, 1875.
- Death: Cornelius VandenHoogen died in 1921, at age ~71.
M, b. October 7, 1851
- Birth: Martinus VandenHoogen was born on October 7, 1851 in Zeeland, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.