F, b. November 14, 1787
- Birth: Dorothea Schamp was born on November 14, 1787 in Escharen, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. October 28, 1797
- Birth: Wilhelmus Schamp was born on October 28, 1797 in Escharen, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
F, b. circa 1790
- Birth: Maria Schamp was born circa 1790.
F, b. circa 1790
- Birth: Lamberta Schamp was born circa 1790.
M, b. circa 1715
- Birth: Ludolph Schamp was born circa 1715.
F, b. circa 1715
- Birth: Helena Lucassen was born circa 1715.
M, b. circa 1755
- Birth: Wilhelmus VandenElzen was born circa 1755.
M, b. circa 1755
- Birth: Adriaan Jansen was born circa 1755.
Alfred Frank Strebe
M, b. July 25, 1870, d. February 29, 1908
- Birth: Alfred Frank Strebe was born on July 25, 1870 in Fond du lac County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Magdeline Merten were married on August 24, 1899 in Fond du lac County, Wisconsin.
- Death: Alfred Frank Strebe died on February 29, 1908, at age 37.
F, b. January 12, 1877, d. December 30, 1940
- Birth: Magdeline Merten was born on January 12, 1877 in Johnsburg, Fon du Lac Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Alfred Frank Strebe were married on August 24, 1899 in Fond du lac County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: Magdeline Merten and Peter Wimberger were married on February 6, 1912 in Johnsburg, Fon du Lac Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Magdeline Merten died on December 30, 1940, at age 63, in Johnsburg, Fon du Lac Co, Wisconsin.
Wallace C Gebhart
M, b. April 28, 1924, d. December 13, 2007
- Birth: Wallace C Gebhart was born on April 28, 1924 in Brothertown, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Dolores M Kresbach were married in 4138 in Marytown, Fond du Lac Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Wallace C Gebhart died on December 13, 2007, at age 83, in Chilton, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
Dolores M Kresbach
F, b. April 13, 1929, d. January 1983
- Birth: Dolores M Kresbach was born on April 13, 1929.
- Marriage: She and Wallace C Gebhart were married in 4138 in Marytown, Fond du Lac Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Dolores M Kresbach died in January 1983, at age 53.
John L Thern
M, b. June 2, 1934, d. November 26, 2009
- Birth: John L Thern was born on June 2, 1934 in Town of Liberty, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on July 16, 1955.
- Death: He died on November 26, 2009, at age 75, in New London, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Union Cemetery, Town of Ellington, Wisconsin.
- Note: November 28, 2009
Thern, John L.
John L. Thern, age 75, New London, passed away peacefully from the loving arms of his wife into the open arms of his Savior. Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31). John was born in Liberty Township on June 2, 1934, son of the late Victor and Evelyn (Lemke) Thern. He lived in Liberty Township all of his life.
On July 16, 1955, he was united in marriage to Helen Welch. Together they were blessed with eight children: Tina (James) Auer, New London; Paula (Glenn) Upp, Greenville; Julie (Rodney) Barkholtz, New London; Amy (Tom) Baumgart, Greenville; Beth (Phil) Knutzen, New London; Victor (Leigh) Thern, New London; Scott (Heidi) Thern, New London and Jamie Thern, Kaukauna. His grandchildren: Jeremiah (Kim) Auer, Heidi (Nick) Stein, Maria (Nick) Salmon, Grady (Sarah) Auer, Cassie (Travis) Martzahl, Levi Upp, Melissa (James) Krueger II, Jennifer (Chris) Kern, Michelle Barkholtz (fiancee Kyle Price), Daydre (Brian) Ring, Joe Barkholtz, Linsy, Kim, Crystal and Morgan Baumgart, Tabitha (special friend Jesse), Hogan, Serena, and Quintin Knutzen, Tori, Ellyn, Sydney, and Sam Thern, Tanner, Carson, Jadyne, Camden and Landon Thern and Cassie and Carter Thern. Great-grandchildren: Jeremiah II, Grace, and Anna Auer, Olivet and Ira Stein, Liliana Salmon, Griffin Auer, Trevan, Mara, and Bella Martzahl, Tyler and Evan Upp, Aubree, Brenna, Matthew, and Gabriel Krueger, and Caleb Kosiorek and Marissa Kern. John is also survived by a sister, Dorothy Engel and two brothers, Howard (Carol), and Jerome, sisters-in-law, LaJoy Thern, Marion (Stanley) Voight, Dorothy (Dwain) Johnson and Jeanne (Robert) Jenkel; brothers-in-law, Wayne Welch and Dennis (Bridget) Welch. He is also survived by numerous nieces and nephews.
He is preceded in death by his parents, brother, Harland, sister, Joyce and brother-in-law, John Engel, sisters-in-law, Sandra Thern and Ilene Myers, and a grandson, Wyatt Thern.
John was a life long member of St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Stephensville. He worked at Glatfelter for 44 years and farmed his entire life. Since retiring John spent many mornings at Familiar Grounds sharing laughter, love and blueberry muffins with family and friends. John's first love was his wife and family. He enjoyed the outdoors working in the farm fields and in his woods. He was a member of Walleyes for Tomorrow. John always had a ready hug and helpful encouragement. He was so very proud of his family and their strong Christian faith. Though no longer here in body, his spirit remains in the faces of his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Funeral services for John will be held on Monday, November 30, 2009, at 11 a.m. at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Stephensville, with Rev. Joel Lillo officiating. Interment will be in the Ellington Union Cemetery, Ellington Township. Visitation will be held at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Stephensville on Sunday from 4-7 p.m. and also at the church on Monday after 10 a.m. until the time of service.
Thanks to special friends, Norman and Lucille Pietz, Arvid and Kathy Alix, James and Michelle Krueger, Ray and Leone Taubel and all his Glatfelter buddies.
A special thank you to Dr. Black, Dr. Nonn, Dr. Guenther and the ICU nurses and staff at Appleton Medical Center, ThedaCare at Home and Transitional Care, New London. Your compassionate care gave us the gift of extra time with Dad and the blessing of spending his last month on earth in his own beloved home.
A memorial fund has been established.
Cline & Hanson
209 W. Cook St.,
New London 920-982-3232
Family: John L Thern (b. June 2, 1934, d. November 26, 2009)
James Michael Auer
M, b. June 12, 1951, d. March 6, 2014
- Birth: James Michael Auer was born on June 12, 1951.
- Marriage: He was married on January 31, 1976.
- Death: He died on March 6, 2014, at age 62.
- Note: James Michael Auer, 62, of New London, died unexpectedly on Thursday, March 6, 2014.
He was born in New London to Jerry and Eileen Jane (Rohan) Auer. He was raised in the home that he would later share with his family, gladly never moving from the farm throughout his entire life. Jim married Tina Thern on January 31, 1976. Together they cultivated the land as a family farm, which continued into the next generation as he recently partnered with his son, Grady.
Jim graduated from New London Senior High in 1969. He continued to support the Bulldogs as an avid fan. He proudly served New London for over twenty years on the local school board where he gladly spent his Monday nights debating and conversing with anyone willing to discuss any topic, relating to the district or not.
Jim was an active member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church in the township of Lebanon, a staunch supporter of FFA and 4-H clubs, a patriotic American, and a lover of anything chocolate.
Jim's greatest pleasure was spending time with his 13 grandchildren, of whom he loved each dearly. Through them he passed on his love for farming, joking, and eating ice cream for breakfast.
He is survived by his wife Tina; and mother, Eileen Jane Auer, New London. Children: Jeremiah (Kim) Auer and their children Jeremiah II, Grace, Anna, Ella, Aidan, of Almond; Heidi (Nicholas) Stein and their children Olivet, Ira, Una, and Arlo, New London; Maria (Nick) Salmon and their children Liliana and Zinnia, Chicago, IL; Grady (Sarah) Auer and their children Griffin and Emery, New London.
Siblings: Joan (Tom) Wilson, Yuma, AZ; Joe Auer, New London; Sheila (Matt) Wilson, New London; Joyce Lynch, Edwardsville, IL; Jeanne (Kevin) O'Brien, Appleton; Sue (Harry) Hitchcock, Yuma, AZ; Paul (Aimee) Auer, New London.
Survivors include his mother-in-law, Helen Thern, New London; sisters and brothers-in-law: Paula (Glenn) Upp, Appleton; Julie (Rod) Barkholtz, New London; Amy (Tom) Baumgart, Greenville; Beth (Phil) Knutzen, New London; Victor (Leigh) Thern, New London; Scott (Heidi) Thern, New London; Jamie Thern, Kaukauna; Eileen Auer, New London.
He was preceded in death by his father Jerry, father-in-law John Thern, brother-in-law Jimmy Lynch, and nephew Wyatt Thern.
The Funeral Mass for Jim will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in the Town of Lebanon with Rev. Msgr. Dennis Lally officiating. Friends and family may attend the visitation for Jim that will be held on Sunday, March 9, 2014 from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. at the Cline and Hanson Funeral Home in New London and at the church from 9:00 a.m. until the time of the mass.
Victor Jhon Thern
Scott Steven Thern