Julia Kathleen Halloran
Ethel Doris Courtois
F, b. May 16, 1921, d. December 21, 2004
- Birth: Ethel Doris Courtois was born on May 16, 1921 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and John Jerome Keller were married on February 19, 1944 in St Therese Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Ethel Doris Courtois died on December 21, 2004, at age 83.
- Burial: She was buried in Star of Hope Mausoleum, Appleton, Wisconsin.
John Jerome Keller
M, b. November 9, 1918, d. June 13, 2007
- Birth: John Jerome Keller was born on November 9, 1918 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Ethel Doris Courtois were married on February 19, 1944 in St Therese Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: John Jerome Keller died on June 13, 2007, at age 88.
- Burial: He was buried in Star of Hope Mausoleum, Appleton, Wisconsin.
- Note: Jack Keller
(1918 - 2007)
Founder and Chairman
J.J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
Neenah, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
John (Jack) Keller was born on November 9, 1918, in Appleton, Wisconsin. After attending grade school and high school in Appleton, he graduated from Appleton Business College in 1938. He received additional schooling in 1949 at the College of Advanced Traffic, and in 1950 from the Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) Law School. He passed the bar exam and was admitted as an ICC practitioner.
In 1939, Mr. Keller joined Kimberly-Clark Corporation, working in traffic management. He established the motor carrier operations division and encouraged the corporation to procure airline equipment for corporate air travel service. Working with Kampo Transit, he helped create operations for handling and removal of sulfite waste liquor from pulp manufacturing for use in the road binder roadway program in Wisconsin.
Mr. Keller served in the U.S. Army from October 1942 through April 1946, enlisting as a private in the 9th Army. He served in the European Theatre through war's end on May 8, 1945, as master sergeant major of the 548th Field Artillery Battalion. Mr. Keller authored the history of the battalion, which was published in Europe in 1945. He was discharged honorably, having earned several battle stars.
In 1951, Mr. Keller joined Kampo Transit, Inc, as vice president/general manager. He left the company in 1953 to found J.J. Keller & Associates to service regulatory problems for the paper industry and transportation services generally. The organization was incorporated in 1958 and continues to provide regulatory consulting and publishing nationwide. He served as chairman of the board until his death in 2007.
Today (2001), J.J. Keller & Associates has over 800 associates and employees and a cash flow in excess of $160 million. The corporation offers over 4,000 products and services to meet customer needs, including compliance publications, regulatory forms and supplies, software Internet services seminars and workshops, and consulting services.
In the 1990s, the Keller Foundation, Ltd., was established, and a donor-advised fund was created at the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley region, Inc., which, by the year 2001, had $5,500,000 in commitments and donations.
Mr. Keller was a life member of the Interstate Commerce Commission bar, past director of Delta Nu Alpha, past director of Associated Bank, and past appointee to the Ninth National Bank Region Advisory Committee. In addition, he was a member of the Fox Valley Traffic Club, and a life member of both the American Legion and the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks.
Jack and his wife, Ethel, had three sons, Robert, James, and Thomas.
Wesley Francis Courtois
M, b. October 19, 1925, d. July 12, 2007
- Birth: Wesley Francis Courtois was born on October 19, 1925 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Dorothy Wren were married on August 25, 1951.
- Death: Wesley Francis Courtois died on July 12, 2007, at age 81.
F, b. June 17, 1930, d. May 19, 2004
- Birth: Dorothy Wren was born on June 17, 1930 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Wesley Francis Courtois were married on August 25, 1951.
- Death: Dorothy Wren died on May 19, 2004, at age 73.
Julia Loretta Halloran
F, b. March 29, 1904, d. March 23, 2002
- Birth: Julia Loretta Halloran was born on March 29, 1904 in Town of Ellington, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Lawrence R Kampf were married on October 11, 1934 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Julia Loretta Halloran died on March 23, 2002, at age 97.
- Burial: She was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Lawrence R Kampf
M, b. October 11, 1896, d. January 3, 1948
- Birth: Lawrence R Kampf was born on October 11, 1896 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Julia Loretta Halloran were married on October 11, 1934 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Lawrence R Kampf died on January 3, 1948, at age 51, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Lawrence Kampf Dies at Age 41
Lawrence R. Kampf, 41, 1817 S. Bouten street, co-partner of the WEst End Beer Depot, died unexpectedly at his desk about 9:15 this morning.
The Appleton fire department rescue squad was called but Kampf was pronounced dead by a physician shortly after they arrived.
He was born Oct. 11, 1906, in Appleton and lived here all his life. He was a member of the sacred Heart Catholic church and of the Moose and Eagles lodges.
Survivors are the widow; two brothers, Louis, Chicago, and Carl, Appleton; and three sisters, Miss Mae Kampf, Mrs. George Aures, and Mrs. Joseph Rossmeisl, Appleton.
Funeral services will be held at 9 o'clock Wednesday morning at the Sacred Heart Catholic church, with . . .
M, b. circa 1925, d. December 3, 1986
- Birth: Jacob Schmitt was born circa 1925.
- Marriage: He and Cedelia Mary Becher were married on August 23, 1968.
- Death: Jacob Schmitt died on December 3, 1986.
Kathy Lee Halloran
Terrie Lynn Halloran
Arnold G (Bud) VanOss
M, b. December 31, 1925, d. June 29, 1956
- Birth: Arnold G (Bud) VanOss was born on December 31, 1925.
- Marriage: He and Jean Catherine Michels were married on August 21, 1948 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Arnold G (Bud) VanOss died on June 29, 1956, at age 30.
Jean Catherine Michels
F, b. April 28, 1927, d. September 17, 2009
- Birth: Jean Catherine Michels was born on April 28, 1927 in Houghton, Houghton Co, Michigan.
- Marriage: She and Arnold G (Bud) VanOss were married on August 21, 1948 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Jean Catherine Michels died on September 17, 2009, at age 82.
- Note: September 19, 2009
Van Oss, Mrs. Arnold "Bud" (Jean)
Jean Van Oss, 82, died peacefully Thursday, Sept. 17, 2009, from brain cancer. She was born in Houghton, Mich., on April 28, 1927, to Norbert and Niyla Michels. Jean moved with her family to Green Bay when she was three years old. She attended Annunciation Grade School, St. Joseph Academy and graduated from West High School in 1945. On Aug. 21, 1948, she married Bud Van Oss at Annunciation Catholic Church. During her lifetime she loved to garden, golf, fish, cook and played a mean game of cribbage. Her homemade bread and dilly beans were the envy of the neighborhood.
She was very active in her parishes, St. Philip and SS. Edward & Isidore where she enjoyed leading the rosary before daily Mass. Her weekly sessions of "counting money" at SS. Edward's with Brenda was one of the many special moments in her life. Her family always came first in her life, guided by her deep faith, which was unwavering. Her beautiful smile was uplifting to everyone around her. She had wonderful memories of summer vacations at a cottage with family and friends, and the numerous trips taken to Door County with her husband. She was a fan of the Brewers and Packers. While most of her life was lived as a homemaker, she valued the six years she worked at the Chancery, retiring in 1988. She was a long time member and officer in the Green Bay East Serra Club and said many prayers for an increase in vocations.
She is survived by her husband and best friend, Bud; and their five children, Barbara (Byron "Cy" Bogumill) Marin, Liz Ferris, Robert (Joyce) Van Oss, Bruce (Pam) Van Oss, and Rev. William (Sue) Van Oss. She is also survived by 12 grandchildren, Melisa (Kevin) Lindamood, Andrew (Kate) Marin, Aaron (Melissa) Ferris, Val (Genevieve) Ferris, Kit (Katie) Ferris, and Senior Airman Melanie Van Oss, Private Josh Van Oss, Dara (Daniel) Bass, Nicholas, Bridget, Caleb and Luisa Van Oss. She is also survived by two great-grandchildren, Sienna and Sasha Lindamood; a brother, Robert (Pat) Michels; and a sister, Mary Lou Haanen; and many nieces and nephews and their families. She was a special mom to Cuban refugees, Robert and Maria Garcia and Fernando Diaz.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Norbert and Niyla Michels; her father-in-law, Arnold Sr. and mother-in-law, Louise Van Oss; a brother-in-law, Robert Haanen; a sister-in-law, Betty Lou Byers; and many aunts and uncles.
Family and friends may call at SS. Edward & Isidore Catholic Church, 3667 Flintville Rd., Green Bay from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 20. Family and friends may also call from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Monday, Sept. 21 at the church. The Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the church with the Rev. David Kasperek officiating. In lieu of flowers, Jean asked that Masses be said in her name.
Blaney Funeral Home is assisting the Van Oss family. To send online condolences, please go to www.BlaneyFuneralHome.com.
Special thanks for the compassionate and loving care received from the entire staffs of Bellevue Retirement Community, and Unity Hospice, especially Sharon and Molly.
F, b. July 11, 1951, d. February 19, 2014
- Birth: Elizabeth VanOss was born on July 11, 1951 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Divorce: She was divorced.
- Marriage: She was married in 1978.
- Death: She died on February 19, 2014, at age 62, in Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co, California.
- Note: Liz (Van Oss) Ferris, 62, formerly of Green Bay, died Wednesday, February 19, 2014, in Los Angeles of brain cancer. She was born July 11, 1951, in Green Bay to Arnold "Bud" and Jean Van Oss.
Liz attended St. Philip Catholic Grade School and St. Joseph Academy, graduating in 1969. Shortly after graduation, Liz moved to California. In 1978, she married Stephen Ferris. They have three sons, Aaron, Valentine "Val" and Christopher "Kit" Ferris. For Liz, her family always came first. She worked as an accountant at Ferris Painting. Liz was a staff member at her chosen church, Scientology, and conducted financial seminars for members of the church. She cared deeply about helping others and showed humor and courage even in the face of cancer and her impending blindness.
Liz is survived by her three sons and daughters-in-law, Aaron (Melissa), Val (Inna), and Kit (Lisa) Ferris; her ex-husband Steve; her father, Arnold "Bud" Van Oss; her siblings and their spouses, Barbara (Byron Bogumill) Marin, Robert (Joyce) Van Oss, Bruce (Pam) Van Oss, Rev. William (Sue) Van Oss; her Cuban brother and sister, Robert and Maria Garcia; an uncle and aunt, Robert and Pat Michels; as well as numerous nieces, nephews, cousins and many caring friends.
Liz was preceded in death by her mother, Jean Van Oss, aunts and uncles, Betty Lou and Don Beyers, Mary Lou and Bob Haanen, and her grandparents.
Friends may call at SS. Edward and Isidore Catholic Church, 3667 Flintville Road, Flintville, from 10 to 11a.m. Saturday May 24, 2014. The Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11a.m. Saturday, May 24, at the church with the Rev. David Hoffman officiating.
A memorial fund has been established to benefit Covenant House.
Robert A VanOss
F, b. March 7, 1902, d. February 3, 1967
- Birth: Louise Raymaker was born on March 7, 1902.
- Death: She died on February 3, 1967, at age 64, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. October 10, 1883, d. February 7, 1971
Family: Mary Dzurick (b. December 13, 1893, d. August 2, 1985)
- Birth: Andrew Hudak was born on October 10, 1883 in Miklusovce, Slovakia.
- Marriage: He and Mary Dzurick were married on August 11, 1913 in Porterfield, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Andrew Hudak died on February 7, 1971, at age 87, in Marinette, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. December 13, 1893, d. August 2, 1985
- Father: Frank Dzurick (b. October 10, 1863, d. April 8, 1943)
- Mother: Anna Saluga (b. January 24, 1967, d. May 19, 1951)
Family: Andrew Hudak (b. October 10, 1883, d. February 7, 1971)
- Birth: Mary Dzurick was born on December 13, 1893.
- Marriage: She and Andrew Hudak were married on August 11, 1913 in Porterfield, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Mary Dzurick died on August 2, 1985, at age 91.