M, b. 1870, d. 1937
- Birth: Casper Brotz was born in 1870.
- Death: He died in 1937, at age ~67, in Sheboygan, Sheboygan Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. July 23, 1875, d. January 25, 1961
- Birth: Christina Felzman was born on July 23, 1875 in Vienna, Austria.
- Death: She died on January 25, 1961, at age 85, in Sheboygan, Sheboygan Co, Wisconsin.
Wayne Michael Besch
M, b. July 5, 1922, d. October 15, 2003
- Birth: Wayne Michael Besch was born on July 5, 1922 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Lorraine Jeannette Bethe were married on January 19, 1945 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Wayne Michael Besch died on October 15, 2003, at age 81.
Lorraine Jeannette Bethe
F, b. August 19, 1924, d. July 17, 2010
- Birth: Lorraine Jeannette Bethe was born on August 19, 1924 in Wausau, Marathon Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Wayne Michael Besch were married on January 19, 1945 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Lorraine Jeannette Bethe died on July 17, 2010, at age 85, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Lorraine Besch, 85, Appleton, went to be with her Lord Saturday, July 17, 2010, at Peabody Birch Cottage, Appleton. She was born Aug. 19, 1924, in Wausau, daughter of Everette and (Emma Mailahn) Bethe. Lorraine married Wayne Besch and he preceded her in death Oct.15, 2003.
Lorraine is survived by her three daughters, Cheryl (Charles) Ulrich, Appleton; Karen (David) Lucey, Cross Plains; Janice Besch, Spokane, WA; four grandchildren, Hilary, Lindsey, Jaime and Jennifer; a great-grandson, Jake Henry. Lorraine is also survived by in-laws and other relatives. Private family services were held.
"And her children rise up and call her blessed." Mom, you are truly worthy of praise and honor. We love you.
Kessler Funeral Home
& Cremation Services
Cheryl Ann Besch
Karen Lynn Besch
Janice Lee Besch
M, b. 1901, d. December 13, 2009
- Birth: Lyman Houfek was born in 1901.
- Death: He died on December 13, 2009, at age ~108.
- Note: January 6, 2010
Lyman Houfek, age 98, Walnut Creek, Calif., passed away on Sunday, December 13, 2009. Lyman, second of the ten children of Wenzel and Eleanor Houfek of Appleton, grew up in Manitowoc and Appleton. He received his BA from the University of Wisconsin in 1937, and his MBA from Northwestern. In 1933, he authored six articles for the Appleton Post-Crescent entitled "Bicycling Through Europe with Lyman Houfek."
He is survived by his sister, Jayne Rattenne, Lincoln, Calif.; brother, Ralph Houfek, San Ramon, Calif.; and by his daughters: Susanne Houfek, Oakland, Calif., and Nancy Houfek-Brown, Hood River, Ore.
William Eugene Houfek
M, b. July 7, 1919, d. August 7, 2009
- Birth: William Eugene Houfek was born on July 7, 1919 in Hortonville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on May 28, 1950.
- Death: He died on August 7, 2009, at age 90.
- Note: August 8, 2009
Houfek, William, Sr.
William Houfek Sr., Neenah, age 90, passed away on Friday, August 7, 2009, at Vallhaven Care Center in Neenah. Bill was born on January 7, 1919, in Hortonville, the son of the late Wensel and Eleanor (Lonsdorf) Houfek. Bill married Jane Beisenstein on May 28, 1950. He was a Chief Petty Officer in the Coast Guard during World War II. He then worked at Kimberly-Clark for many years until his retirement in 1981. Some of his favorite hobbies included fishing, golfing and reading.
Survivors include his loving wife, Jane; his two children: Bill (Cynthia) Houfek Jr., Menasha; and Sari (Bruce) Ruzek, Stevens Point and two grandchildren: Ryley and Andrew Ruzek. Bill is further survived by his brothers: Ralph "Bud" Houfek and Lyman Houfek; a sister, Jayne Rattenne, all of California.
Preceded in death by brothers: Jackie, Paul, Ben and Ray; and sisters: Dolly and Rosemary.
A private memorial service will be held on Friday, August 14, 2009, 11 a.m. at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 324 Nicolet Boulevard, Menasha. There will not be a visitation.
Fox Valley's Veterans Funeral Care Provider
You can light a candle
and sign a register book
for Bill Sr. at www.martenslaemmrichfuneralhome.com.
William Eugene Houfek
M, b. May 25, 1952, d. August 29, 2011
- Birth: William Eugene Houfek was born on May 25, 1952.
- Death: He died on August 29, 2011, at age 59, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: William "Bill" E. Houfek Jr., age 59, passed away on Monday, August 29, 2011, at his residence. On May 25, 1952, Bill was born to William and Jane (Beisenstein) Houfek Sr. As a young man, he played baseball and was on the Neenah Tennis team. Bill also played the violin and the guitar. He continued playing the guitar as an adult and loved listening to music. Bill enjoyed the outdoors and liked many activities such as boating, kayaking, bicycling, riding his motorcycle and scooter. He was a well-respected and successful Global Sales Manager for Albany International for many years. Genealogy was a favorite interest of his, and he had compiled a book with his cousin Sue called the "House of Houfek." He found great companionship with his dog, Lauren. Most of all, Bill really loved being around his family and friends.
Bill is survived by his mother, Jane Houfek; his sister, Sari (Bruce) Ruzek; two nephews: Ryley and Andrew Ruzek; other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his father, William.
A Memorial Service will be held at 6:00 pm on Friday, September 2, 2011, at Martens-Laemmrich Funeral Home, 312 Milwaukee Street, Menasha, with Chaplain Jordan Kuczwara officiating. A Memorial Gathering will be held from 4:00 pm until the time of the service at the funeral home. Inurnment will take place in Oak Hill Cemetery, Neenah. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund will be established with the American Red Cross.
"Bill's smile and sense of humor will be missed!"
Martens-Laemmrich Funeral Home
Sign the guest book and light a candle at:
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from August 30 to August 31, 2011.
M, b. 1870, d. 1935
- Birth: Joseph Ciske was born in 1870.
- Death: He died in 1935, at age ~65.
- Burial: He was buried in Sacred Heart Cemetery, Sherwood, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. June 13, 1875, d. January 16, 1965
- Birth: Antonia Schreibe was born on June 13, 1875 in Town of Harrison, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on January 16, 1965, at age 89.
- Burial: She was buried in Sacred Heart Cemetery, Sherwood, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
Leroy Charles Ciske
M, b. November 5, 1924, d. September 9, 2009
- Birth: Leroy Charles Ciske was born on November 5, 1924 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Lorraine Marian Discher were married on April 26, 1947 in St Margaret Mary Church, Neenah, Winnebego Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Leroy Charles Ciske died on September 9, 2009, at age 84.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: September 12, 2009
Ciske, Leroy C. "Roy"
Leroy C. "Roy" Ciske, of Appleton, age 84, passed away at home on Wednesday, September 9, 2009.
The Mass of Christian Burial will be at 11 a.m. on Friday, September 18, 2009, at ST. THOMAS MORE CATHOLIC CHURCH, 1810 N. McDonald St., Appleton, with Fr. Gerald Falk officiating. Friends will be received at the church on Friday from 10 a.m. until the time of the service. Burial will be in Appleton Highland Memorial Park. A full obituary will appear in a later edition.
Wichmann Funeral Home
537 North Superior Street
Lorraine Marian Discher
F, b. February 25, 1924, d. October 1, 2016
- Birth: Lorraine Marian Discher was born on February 25, 1924 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Leroy Charles Ciske were married on April 26, 1947 in St Margaret Mary Church, Neenah, Winnebego Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Lorraine Marian Discher died on October 1, 2016, at age 92.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Lorraine M. Ciske, age 92, passed away peacefully on October 1, 2016 with her family at her side after a brief illness.
She was born on February 25, 1924 in Oshkosh, the daughter of the late Wilbert and Marguerite (Giese) Discher. Her childhood was spent in Neenah, graduating from Neenah High School. Lorraine married Leroy Ciske on April 26, 1947 and they were blessed with 62 years together. She was employed in the offices of Kimberly-Clark and later retired from the Appleton Area School District.
Throughout her entire life Lorraine was an outgoing and active person who had a keen appreciation of nature and liked activities that took her outdoors. She enjoyed golfing, gardening, traveling, playing sheepshead and bridge, and spent many of her retirement winters in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Lorraine was fond of the time she shared with family and friends at her cottage on Archibald Lake, enjoying their company in this beautiful setting.
Lorraine is survived by her son William (Pamela) Ciske, grandchildren Katie (Andrew) Strobel, Drs. Jennifer (Matthew) Larson, and great-grandchildren Elizabeth and Allison.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, and brother and sister-in- law Robert and Ellen Discher.
Funeral Services will be held Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 10:30 a.m. at Wichmann Tri-County Chapel of Menasha. Visitation will be held from 9:00 a.m. until the time of service. For more information and to express condolences, please visit www.wichmannfuneralhomes.com.
Interment will take place at Highland Memorial Park.
Lorraine's family would like to thank the staff and volunteers at ThedaCare Hospice Residence for their support and compassionate care.