Carol Mae Welson
F, b. October 12, 1934, d. January 9, 2018
- Birth: Carol Mae Welson was born on October 12, 1934 in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Marvin Earl Moritz were married on October 21, 1950.
- Death: Carol Mae Welson died on January 9, 2018, at age 83.
- Note: Bothell, WA - Carol Mae Moritz (Welson) passed away peacefully, amongst loved ones on January 9th 2018.
Carol was born October 12th 1934 in Black Creek, Wisconsin. She was married to Marvin Moritz on October 21st 1950, and moved to Bothell, Washington in 1967 where she raised her 7 children.
Her life's journey included being a friend, wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She was also a second- mother to many friends and even animals that her kids brought home. She always said, "If you have been here more than once, you are family". She never turned away anyone who asked for help. Room was always made and there was always a hot meal on the table.
Carol loved anytime spent with friends and family. Playing cards, and dice, or just enjoying a nice visit over a hot cup of coffee.
Carol is survived by her Brother, 7 Children, 11 Grandchildren and 11 Great-Grandchildren.
Private memorial services to be announced.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Jan. 21, 2018.
Jacqueline M Bartlein
F, b. August 12, 1928, d. September 7, 1993
- Birth: Jacqueline M Bartlein was born on August 12, 1928 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on September 7, 1993, at age 65.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Melvin C Olson
M, b. circa 1910, d. 1960
- Birth: Melvin C Olson was born circa 1910.
- Marriage: He and Evelyn I Cumber were married on January 18, 1935.
- Death: Melvin C Olson died in 1960.
Evelyn I Cumber
F, b. January 8, 1917, d. February 6, 2003
- Birth: Evelyn I Cumber was born on January 8, 1917.
- Marriage: She and Melvin C Olson were married on January 18, 1935.
- Death: Evelyn I Cumber died on February 6, 2003, at age 86, in Town of Grand Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Olson, Evelyn I.
Age 86, died on Thursday, February 6, 2003 at Brewster Village. Evelyn was born in Appleton on January 8, 1917 daughter of the late Frank and Ella (Zuelke) Cumber. She married Melvin C. Olson on January 18, 1935, and they enjoyed 25 years of marriage, until he preceded her in death in 1960. Evelyn loved to crochet and travel, and would take "spur of the moment" trips, especially to Canada.
She is survived by her son, Clifford (Diane) Olson four brothers: Frank Jr. (Edna), Charles, Harold "Petie" (Mary) Cumber, Melvin (Shirley) Kumber two sisters: Rosemary (Honey) Surprise, Shirley Beyer three granddaughters: Brenda (Terry) Loberger, Shannon ( Mark) Driessen , Tracy Olson her great-grandchildren: Malcolm Driessen, Liz Loberger, Madison Driessen, Emily Olson great-great-granddaughter, Macey May and brother-in-law, Ernie Frederickson. Evelyn was preceded in death by her infant son and daughter her infant brother, Donald brother, Marvin and three sisters, Marcella Stilen, Virginia Olson, Alice Frederickson.
The Funeral Service will be held at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, February 8, 2003 at WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME, with Rev. Larry Matthews officiating. The interment will be held at Jerusalem Lutheran Cemetery, Lunds, Wisconsin. Family and friends will be received at the funeral home on Friday, February 7 from 4 until 7 p.m., and again on Saturday from 11:30 a.m. until the time of service.
The family wishes to extend their gratitude to the staff at Brewster Village, especially Linda, for their loving care of Evelyn. Evelyn was a strong willed woman who loved to help others, and she will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her.
WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME
537 North Superior Street
M, b. December 7, 1904, d. September 7, 2002
- Birth: Eldor Noak was born on December 7, 1904.
- Marriage: He and Lydia Pieper were married on December 9, 1927 in Clintonville, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Eldor Noak died on September 7, 2002, at age 97, in Clintonville, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Eldor A. Noak, Sr., age 97, 76 Paulina St. Clintonville, passed away Saturday. Sept, 7,2002, at his residence.
Eldor was born on Dec. 7, 1904, in the Township of Larrabee, Waupaca County. He was the son of the late Edward and Emily (Boelter) Noak. Eldor attended St. Martin Lutheran Grade School and was confirmed from the St. Martin Lutheran Church in Clintonville, of which he was a lifetime member. He was united in marriage to Lydia Pieper on Dec. 9, 1927, at St. Martin Lutheran Church. Eldor was employed at the Four Wheel Drive Co. in Clintonville as a machinist from 1922to 1931 and again from 1938 lo 1969 when he retired for a total of 40 years. Eldor had many hobbies including fishing, playing cards, and gardening. He will be greatly missed by his family and friends.
Survivors arc his wife Lydia, a son Orville Noak, Clintonville; a daughter Betty Meyers, Shawano; 18 grandchildren, 36 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son Eldor Noak, Jr., two daughters, Elaine Kossl and Donna Kuehne; one grandson, two great-grandsons, three brothers. Arnold, Paul and Oscar, and four sisters, Henrietta, Elda, Sadie and Helen.
Funeral services were held Wednesday, Sept. 11, at 11:30 a.m. at the St. Martin Lutheran Church. Clintonville, with the Lay Minister Norman Schnake officiating, and interment followed in the St. Martin Lutheran Cemetery, Clintonville.
The Eberhardt-Stevenson Funeral Home, Clintonville, assisted his family with the arrangements.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
Rose Leonora VanDenHeuvel
F, b. August 9, 1895, d. December 18, 1976
Family: Andrew VanDenElzen (b. May 18, 1891, d. April 6, 1949)
- Howard VanDenElzen
- Norbert VanDenElzen (d. yes)
- Grace VanDenElzen (b. September 4, 1914, d. August 21, 1978)
- Harold Albert VanDenElzen (b. September 29, 1916, d. March 21, 1995)
- Archie VanDenElzen (b. July 19, 1919, d. August 5, 1995)
- Lester Theodore VanDenElzen (b. June 3, 1922, d. January 29, 1984)
- Agnes VanDenElzen (b. September 25, 1924, d. June 20, 2001)
- Roger VanDenElzen (b. June 11, 1930, d. October 25, 2012)
- Elmer VanDenElzen (b. August 18, 1932, d. January 1, 2004)
- Martha A VanDenElzen (b. February 16, 1936, d. April 18, 2009)
- Phyllis Mae VanDenElzen (b. May 22, 1938, d. October 3, 2011)
- Birth: Rose Leonora VanDenHeuvel was born on August 9, 1895.
- Death: She died on December 18, 1976, at age 81.
Martha A VanDenElzen
F, b. February 16, 1936, d. April 18, 2009
- Birth: Martha A VanDenElzen was born on February 16, 1936 in Pittsfield, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Sidney Ratskoff were married in 1976.
- Death: Martha A VanDenElzen died on April 18, 2009, at age 73, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Shrine of Good Shepherd, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ratskoff, (Van Den Elzen - Mellen) Martha 'Marty' A.
Mrs. Martha "Marty" Anna (Van Den Elzen - Mellen) Ratskoff, 73, Green Bay, passed peacefully on Saturday, April 18, 2009.
Marty Anna was born Feb. 16, 1936, in the town of Pittsfield near Pulaski, daughter of the late Andrew and Rose (Van Den Heuvel) Van Den Elzen. Marty was a very giving and kind person, always baking or cooking for everyone whom entered her home. Taking in children that were in need and all of her six children and their friends. She loved to sew and make many a costume. She also enjoyed many years of bowling. She married Sidney Ratskoff in 1976. They enjoyed many a cruise and their cottage in Beecher, Wisconsin.
Surviving Marty are her children from her first husband, Richard J. Mellen: Mike (Kathy) Mellen, Ashwaubenon; Rick (Cheryl) Mellen; Tom Mellen, Green Bay; Mary Jo (Robert) Pfotenhauer, De Pere; Pat Mellen; Cindy (Tim) Smith, all of Green Bay; Sid's children, Alan Ratskoff; Janice (Jim) Chesney; Bruce (Rita) Ratskoff, all of Chicago; 14 grandchildren; her brothers, Rodger (Shirley) Van Den Elzen; Howard (Barb) Van Den Elzen, all of Green Bay; her sister, Phyliss (Dale) Van Lannen, Pulaski.
Marty was preceded in death by her parents; her first husband, Richard J. Mellen; her second husband, Sidney Ratskoff; her two sisters, Grace and Agnes; five brothers, Harold, Archie, Lester, Elmer and Norbert; many sisters and brothers-in-law.
A Celebration of Marty's Life with a visitation will be held at the Pfotenhauer Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Howard-Suamico location, 1145 Cardinal Lane, on Tuesday, April 21, from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. A family-led prayer will conclude the visitation beginning at 11:30 a.m. Luncheon to follow at the Rock Garden Supper Club. Entombment at the Shrine of the Good Shepherd Chapel Mausoleum. Online condolences are welcome at www.PfotenhauerFuneralHome.com.
Along with other expressions of sympathy, a memorial fund has been established in Marty's name at the funeral home.
The family wishes to extend a special thank you to everyone at Bishop's Court and Unity Hospice for all their kindness and wonderful care.
Funeral & Cremation
Richard J Mellen
M, b. February 11, 1933, d. February 20, 2001
- Birth: Richard J Mellen was born on February 11, 1933.
- Death: He died on February 20, 2001, at age 68.
M, b. April 19, 1927, d. October 13, 1999
- Birth: Sidney Ratskoff was born on April 19, 1927.
- Marriage: He and Martha A VanDenElzen were married in 1976.
- Death: Sidney Ratskoff died on October 13, 1999, at age 72.
Michael Richard Mellen