Janet Kay Smarzinski
Noah David Stachovak
Ty Vernon Stachovak
Lucille Lillian Bastjan
F, b. May 16, 1913
- Birth: Lucille Lillian Bastjan was born on May 16, 1913 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and William Peter Ferron were married on June 14, 1936 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
William Peter Ferron
M, b. November 16, 1911
- Birth: William Peter Ferron was born on November 16, 1911 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Lucille Lillian Bastjan were married on June 14, 1936 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Sharon Ann Ashauer
M, b. December 9, 1917, d. January 16, 1980
- Birth: Clarence Elworth was born on December 9, 1917 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 16, 1980, at age 62.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: C. Elworth Funeral
Set for Friday
January 16, 1980
Clarence Elworth, 62, who had lived and worked in Kaukauna almost all of his life, died early Wednesday morning. January 16, after a brief illness. He had retired on January 1, 1980, after nearly 40 years of employment at Thilmany Pulp and Paper Company. His present home was at Route 2, Hilbert.
Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Sherwood, with the Rev. Kenneth Frozena officiating. Interment will be in St. Mary's Cemetery, Kaukauna.
Born December 9, 1917, in Kaukauna, Mr. Elworth was a World War II veteran having served in the U. S. Coast Guard. He was a member of the Thilmany Quarter Century Club.
Survivors include his wife, Stella St. Cyr Elworth; one daughter, Mrs. Lester (Phyllis) O'Brien of Detroit, Michigan; three sons, Richard of Upland, California, Dennis of Appleton, and Allen of Stockbridge; a brother, Wilmer; four sisters, Mrs. Peter (Barbara) Biese and Mrs. George (Lillian) Roovers, both of Kaukauna, Mrs. John (Sylvia) Van Vreede and Mrs. Genrose Cain, both of Denver, Colorado and eight grandchildren.
Friends may call at the Greenwood Funeral Home after 3 p.m. today (Thursday). There will be a prayer service at 8:15 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Graduation: He graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1936.
Harry Porter Ballard
M, b. July 14, 1887, d. March 7, 1978
Family: Greta Henkel (b. July 13, 1886, d. August 26, 1970)
- Paul Kenneth Ballard (b. April 28, 1916, d. July 15, 1971)
- Lois R Ballard (b. October 2, 1919, d. October 13, 2009)
- Donald H Ballard (b. November 18, 1920, d. September 28, 1981)
- James Earl Ballard (b. September 23, 1925, d. July 9, 1933)
- Birth: Harry Porter Ballard was born on July 14, 1887 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Greta Henkel were married on December 6, 1911 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Harry Porter Ballard died on March 7, 1978, at age 90.
- Burial: He was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
Clarence Joseph Goss
M, b. May 25, 1910, d. January 22, 1998
- Birth: Clarence Joseph Goss was born on May 25, 1910 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Elizabeth Jane Weyenberg were married on July 1, 1933 in St Patrick Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: Clarence Joseph Goss died on January 22, 1998, at age 87.
- Burial: He was buried in Sacred Heart Cemetery, Sherwood, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Appleton Post Crescent
Friday, January 22,1998
Clarence J. Goss
age 87, died Thursday, January 22,1998 at Franciscian Care Center, Appleton. He was born May 25,1910, in Appleton, son of the late Joe and Agnes (Farrell) Goss. Guzzy married Betty Weyenberg July 1,1933 at St. Patrick Catholic Church in Menasha and they have been married for 64 years. Guzzy graduated from Appleton High School in 1928. Like an Irishman, he loved music. He loved to Polka, and to sing. He frequented the Cinderella in its heyday and played clarinet in dance bands. When the great depression him from pursuing a music degree, he took a job as a Linotype operator at the George Banta Company and helped support his family. He remained there until retirement in 1974. In 1946 Guzzy bought 52 acres on Old Manitowoc Road that he farmed for 12 years. He always said that land held its value better than the dollar and was the wiser investment. One Suspects the land also gave him more pleasure. It was certainly pleasure that drew him out onto those gol green each year. (That and perhaps a wee bit of the brew.) After 1961, when Guzzy and Betty purchased a cabin on Lake Metonga, They spent every free moment there with family and friends. The cabin was small but the fishing was good and there waslots of room to breathe. It became a place for family reunion and celbrations. Family was important to Guzzy. The doors of his house as well as his heart were always open for he was happiest when sharing both himself and his possessions.
Guzzy is survived by his wife Betty; three sons and three daughters-in-laws, Terry (Louise) Goss, Laurel,Mont; Tim (Sandy) Goss, Menasha, and Michael (Debby) Goss, Menasha; three daughters and three sons-in-laws, Mary Lee (Les) Woller, Overland Park, Kan; Kathy (Norman) Thompkins, Sussex, Wi., and Peggy (Bob) Brooker, Cleveland, Tenn; 17 grandchildren, Becky (Alan) Volmer, Joe (Jennifer) Goss, Cathy (Chris) Burkland, Ron Goss and his special friend, Stacy, Dave (Misty) Goss, Ellen (Brian) Smith, Amy Goss, and her fiance, Mike Kelnhofer, Mike, Tracy, and Jamie Woller, Jody, Seth and Devon Goss, Farrell and Brenda Tompkins, Colin and Ryan Brooker; Six great grandchildren; three foster great grandchildren; a brother, Raymond (Leona) Goss, West Bend, and numberous nieces and nephews.
Guzzy was peceded in death by a Brother, Robert Goss, an infant brother, Norbert Goss, and two sisters, Marie Stadler, and Irene Goss.
Funeral will be held at 11.30 a.m. Tuesday January 27,1998, at St. John Catholic Church, Menasha, with the Msgr. Brian Coleman officiating. Interment will be in Sacred Heart Cemtery, Sherwood. Friends may call from 5 until 8 p.m. Monday at Lammrich Community Funeral Home and again at 10:30 a.m. until the time of the service Tuesday at the Church. A prayer service will be held at 7:30 p.m. Monday evening at the Funeral Home.
Terrence Joseph Goss
Timothy Ronald Goss
Michael Martin Goss
Kathleen Rae Goss