Ronald E Berken
M, b. December 31, 1932, d. December 28, 2014
- Birth: Ronald E Berken was born on December 31, 1932 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Joan Pichette were married on April 21, 1956.
- Death: Ronald E Berken died on December 28, 2014, at age 81.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ronald E. Berken, 81, of De Pere, passed away peacefully surrounded by his family on Sunday December 28, 2014. The son of the late Earl and Serena (Vannieuwenhoven) Berken was born December 31, 1932 in Green Bay. Ron was a proud veteran of the U.S. Army. He married the former Joan Pichette April 21, 1956 and she preceded him in death on February 12, 2006.
Ron worked for Wisconsin Bell for forty years, retiring in 1991. He was an active outdoorsman and enjoyed fishing, hunting, cutting wood, and spending time with his wife, Joan, family and friends at his cabin in Hurley, WI. He was a wonderful father and grandfather to all the kids and enjoyed watching his grandchildren's sporting events.
Survivors include his children, Thomas (Mary Pat), Catherine (Dominic LaMontana) Moreau, Paul (Kris), Frank, Julie (Patrick) Porter, Cindy (David) Imig, his precious grandchildren, Annie, Jason, Courtney, Sara, Maria, Abby, Ben, Jake, McKenna, Patrick, Zachary, Matthew, great grandchildren, Vince, Hadley, Iversyn, Grant, Rowyn and Hudson, as well as one sister, Beverly (Berken) Pichette, his sister-in-laws, Vonnie (Larry) McQuade, Alyce Berken (Jack Kellerman) and many nieces nephews , cousins and friends. He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife, Joan, one brother, Jerry, and other members of the family.
Friends may call at RYAN FUNERAL HOME, 305 North Tenth Street, De Pere from 4:00 to 7:00 pm on Friday , January 2, 2015. Visitation will continue after 9:00 am Saturday at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Family, Suburban Drive at Lourdes Avenue, De Pere until time of service. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:00 am on Saturday at the church with Father Tim Shillcox, O. Praem., officiating. Entombment in Allouez Mausoleum. Please visit www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the Berken family. The family extends a special thank you to the staff at Birch Creek as well as Unity Hospice for their care and support.
Clarence Edwards Daniels
M, b. September 1, 1912, d. May 20, 1970
- Birth: Clarence Edwards Daniels was born on September 1, 1912.
- Death: He died on May 20, 1970, at age 57.
- Burial: He was buried in St Patrick Cemetery, Askeaton, Wisconsin.
Ruth Evelyn Byers
F, b. May 4, 1929, d. February 21, 1977
- Birth: Ruth Evelyn Byers was born on May 4, 1929 in Askeaton, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on February 21, 1977, at age 47.
- Burial: She was buried in St Patrick Cemetery, Askeaton, Wisconsin.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
James M Daniels
Kathleen M Daniels
F, b. April 9, 1959, d. February 3, 2012
- Birth: Kathleen M Daniels was born on April 9, 1959 in Askeaton, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on February 22, 2006.
- Death: She died on February 3, 2012, at age 52, in Denmark, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Kathleen "Katie" M. (Daniels) VandenHeuvel, 52, Denmark, died peacefully at home on Friday, Feb. 3, 2012, after a 2 ½ year battle with cancer. She was born on April 9, 1959, in Askeaton, Wis., to the late Clarence "Connie" and Ruth (Byers) Daniels. She married Guy VandenHeuvel on Feb. 22, 2006.
Katie worked at Cellcom for 11 years and really enjoyed her time there. With her husband, Guy, she co-owned Wise Guys Tavern for seven years. She always looked forward to her trips to Laughlin, Nev., with Bob and Squirrel and also traveling to Jamaica and Mexico. Katie loved to go fishing, especially on Shawano Lake. She found great peace and happiness while sitting on the deck drinking coffee admiring her flowers.
Survivors include her husband, Guy; brother, Jim (Linda) Daniels, Maine; sister, Carol (Mark) Thurston, Green Bay; mother-in-law, Sharon Routheau; brothers-in-law, Ric VandenHeuvel, Dyckesville; Lee (Shannon) VandenHeuvel, Rosiere; Jon (Sharon) VandenHeuvel, Phoenix; Kit (Laura) VandenHeuvel, Green Bay; Job (Jackie) VandenHeuvel; sisters-in-law, Lori (Steve) Gray, North Carolina; Geri Mleziva, Green Bay; Janice Daniels, Wrightstown, and her children, Brad and Keith (Christina) and their children, Gavin and Madilyn; and many other aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, relatives and friends.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by an infant daughter, Jennifer; brother, Clarence Daniels; infant brother, Eugene; paternal grandparents, Mathew and Anna Daniels; maternal grandparents, James and Evelyn Byers; father-in-law, Dick VandenHeuvel; and many other relatives and friends.
Friends may call at the Proko-Wall Funeral Home, 1630 E. Mason St., on Tuesday from 2 to 6 p.m. Memorial service 6 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Ralph Merkatoris officiating. Online condolences may be expressed at www.prokowall.com.
In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, a memorial fund is being established.
Katie's family would like to thank Sue H., Squirrel, Janice, Marilyn and the bartenders at Wise Guys for all they have done. Also a special thank you to Unity Hospice, Dr. Blank and the staff of Green Bay Oncology for all of their care and concern.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from February 4 to February 5, 2012.
M, b. circa 1955, d. yes
- Birth: Eugene Daniels was born circa 1955.
- Death: He died yes.
M, b. November 25, 1910, d. March 27, 1989
- Birth: Carrol DeWitt was born on November 25, 1910.
- Death: He died on March 27, 1989, at age 78.
F, b. September 4, 1913, d. April 4, 1993
- Birth: Walda Slettin was born on September 4, 1913.
- Death: She died on April 4, 1993, at age 79.
Blaine C DeWitt
M, b. March 22, 1945, d. March 21, 2009
- Birth: Blaine C DeWitt was born on March 22, 1945 in Sparta, Monroe Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Barbara Ann Schinke were married on September 8, 2001 in Chilton, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Blaine C DeWitt died on March 21, 2009, at age 63, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: March 24, 2009
DeWitt, Blaine C.
Blaine C. DeWitt, age 63, of Chilton, died on Saturday, March 21, 2009, at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton. He was born March 22, 1945, in the Sparta area, son of the late Carroll and Walda (Slettin) DeWitt. He married Barbara Schinke on September 8, 2001, at Ebenezer UCC in Chilton. Blaine served in the United States Air Force from 1964 until 1966. For 45 years, he drove semi for several different companies; most recently, for Ottery in Campbellsport. He took great pride in his work and in his truck, always making sure it was clean and the chrome was polished.
He was a member of Ebenezer UCC in Chilton where he ushered and was also on the Property Committee. When Blaine wasn't driving truck, he enjoyed bowling, watching professional wrestling on Fridays and Mondays, and looked forward to watching the yearly Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction. He loved cars and the time he could spend working on them, even in the cold of winter. His love of cars poured over into his love of NASCAR, and especially the late Dale Earnhardt, Sr.
Survivors include his wife, Barb; his five children from his marriage to Debbie (Brown) DeWitt: David (Holly) DeWitt of Clintonville, Stephen (Amy) DeWitt of Combined Locks, Lisa (Gregg) Schilling of Mosinee, Sara DeWitt and her significant other, David Galarowicz, of Mosinee, Mark DeWitt of Mosinee; five step-children: Debra Korslin (Scott Roewer), Rick (Nancy) Jannsen, Chris Jannsen (Corey Alberts), Kathy Loose (Al Schreiber), Kelly (Kurt) Wollersheim; 15 grandchildren; 14 step grandchildren; 4 step great-grandchildren; two sisters: Marilee (Mike) Doerre, Eileen (Eddie) Miller; and a brother, Roger (Rita) DeWitt.
He was preceded in death by his parents; and a special niece: Kim Miller.
Funeral services will be at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, March 25, 2009, at Ebenezer UCC (44 W. Washington) in Chilton with the Rev. Kathy Gloff officiating. Burial will be in the Hillside Cemetery. Friends may call at the church from 1 p.m. until 3:45 p.m. on Wednesday, March 25, 2009. A memorial fund has been established in the name of Blaine C. DeWitt.
David Blaine DeWitt
Stephen James DeWitt