Harriet Roaslie Stefanski
F, b. 1917, d. 1990
- Birth: Harriet Roaslie Stefanski was born in 1917.
- Death: She died in 1990, at age ~73, in Illinois.
Wilmer H Falk
M, b. April 30, 1911, d. December 26, 2006
- Birth: Wilmer H Falk was born on April 30, 1911 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Dorothy M Nushart were married on April 20, 1940.
- Death: Wilmer H Falk died on December 26, 2006, at age 95.
Dorothy M Nushart
F, b. April 21, 1915, d. March 16, 2016
- Birth: Dorothy M Nushart was born on April 21, 1915 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Wilmer H Falk were married on April 20, 1940.
- Death: Dorothy M Nushart died on March 16, 2016, at age 100, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Dorothy M. Falk, age 100, passed away Wednesday, March 16, 2016 in Appleton. She was born in Kaukauna to the late Joseph and Martha (Miller) Nushardt on April 21, 1915. She graduated high school, and then married Wilmer Falk on April 20, 1940; he preceded her in death on December 26, 2006. Dorothy was a wonderful wife and mother.
She is survived by her son, Thomas Falk, grandchildren; Amanda (Christopher) Dombrowicki and Michael (Haven) Falk, great grand children; Jacob Falk, Emmett Dombrowicki and Fern Falk. She is further survived by her sister, Mary O'Donnell as well as many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Dorothy is preceded in death by her parents, her husband, Wilmer, son, Gerald (Margaret) Falk, daughter in law, Monica K. Falk, as well as her siblings; Katherine, Margaret, Alice and Lawrence.
A memorial service for Dorothy will be held at 11:00am, March 26, 2016, at St. Paul Ev. Lutheran Church, 302 N. Morrison St, Appleton, with Rev. Peter Walther officiating. Visitation will be held from 10:30am until the time of service at the church.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Mar. 20, 2016.
Leonard A Birk
M, b. August 31, 1923, d. August 13, 2007
Family: Helen Seidel (b. November 19, 1922, d. April 7, 1983)
- Birth: Leonard A Birk was born on August 31, 1923 in Stockbridge, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Helen Seidel were married on July 23, 1949 in Sherwood, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Leonard A Birk died on August 13, 2007, at age 83.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Leonard A. Birk, of Appleton, age 83, passed away at Franciscan Care Center in Appleton on Monday, August 13, 2007.
On August 31, 1923, he was born in Stockbridge, the son of the late John and Susan (Schaeffer) Birk.
Leonard was proud to serve in the United States Marine Corps as a Corporal, serving during World War II in the Central Pacific in the Fourth Marine Division. On July 23, 1949, he married his wife of 33 years, Helen Seidel. She preceded him in death in 1983. Leonard worked as a self-employed carpenter for over 30 years. He had designed and built several houses in the Fox Valley area. Leonard enjoyed being with his family and friends at the local "watering holes."
Leonard is survived by his children: Thomas (Cindy) Birk of Maumee, OH; Daniel Birk of Madison; Barbara Birk of Appleton and Nancy (Ronald) Drews of Appleton; grandchildren: Nathan (fiancee Melissa) Birk and Holly Birk; and a sisters-in-law: Dorothy Birk, Coletta (Bob) Anderson, Mary (Donald) Pruess and Alice Seidel. He is further survived by many nieces and nephews.
Leonard is preceded in death by a sister, Loretta Head; brother, Charles Birk; sister-in-law, Barbara (Bill) Vanden Boom.
The funeral service will be at the Wichmann Funeral Home, 537 North Superior Street, Appleton, with Deacon Rick Simon officiating. There will be a military honors service conducted by the American Legion Post #38, Appleton, following the funeral. Burial will be in St. Joseph Cemetery, Appleton.
The family extends a special thank you to the nurses at St. Elizabeth Hospital and Franciscan Care Center for their dedication and care of Leonard.
Herbert Robert Herman Helm
M, b. August 22, 1906, d. January 2, 2003
- Birth: Herbert Robert Herman Helm was born on August 22, 1906.
- Death: He died on January 2, 2003, at age 96.
Marguerite Clara Ihde
F, b. May 16, 1905, d. July 15, 2005
- Birth: Marguerite Clara Ihde was born on May 16, 1905 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on July 15, 2005, at age 100.
Theresa B Kaminski
F, b. August 12, 1932, d. February 5, 2018
- Birth: Theresa B Kaminski was born on August 12, 1932 in Thorp, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on August 10, 1953 in Thorp, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on February 5, 2018, at age 85.
- Burial: She was buried in St Margaret Mary Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Neenah - Theresa B. "Trixie" Zoromski age 85 of Neenah, passed away on Monday, February 5, 2018 after a brief illness. Trixie was born on August 12, 1932 in Thorp, Wisconsin daughter of the late Joseph and Anastasia (Pannek) Kaminski. She married Joseph Zoromski on August 10, 1953 at St. Hedwig's Catholic Church in Thorp and they have been married for 64 years. Trixie was a longtime member of St. Gabriel Catholic Church and was involved in many activities at church including running the church rummage sale and heading the funeral meal committee. She was always willing to share her time and talents with anyone. Trixie enjoyed going to the casino and spending winters in Las Vegas. She also enjoyed, fishing, sewing, cooking, doing crafts and spending time with her grandchildren.
In addition to her husband Joe, Trixie is survived by her children: Diane (Perry) Rettler, Steve (Annette), Don (Carrie) and Dean (Kate) Zoromski and a daughter-in-law, Roxann Zoromski. She is also survived by 10 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren; a sister, Rita Ciolkosz, brothers, John (Cora) Kaminski and Louis (Marian) Kaminski; brothers and sisters-in-law, Mary Ann Slaby, Lillian Zoromski, Audrey Zoromski, Emerick (Dorothy), Harry, Gerald (Bonnie), Rudy (Rita) Zoromski. Trixie was preceded in death by her son Ken, a brother Tony and sisters, Julie, Josephine and Rose.
Funeral services will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, February 9, 2018 at St. Gabriel Catholic Church, 900 Geiger St., Neenah, with Fr. Richard Allen officiating. Visitation will be held on Thursday from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. at the Kessler Funeral Home, 304 S. Commercial St., Neenah and again at the church on Friday from 10:00 a.m. until the time of services. Burial will be in St. Margaret's Cemetery. A memorial is being established. For online condolences please visit: kesslerfh.com
The family would like to give a special thank you to the staff at Atrium Post Acute Care in Neenah for all the care, kindness and concern given to Trixie.
Eugene Joseph VanGorp
M, b. March 3, 1916, d. June 10, 1999
- Birth: Eugene Joseph VanGorp was born on March 3, 1916.
- Marriage: He and Edna Marie Temmer were married on May 18, 1940.
- Death: Eugene Joseph VanGorp died on June 10, 1999, at age 83.
- Burial: He was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
Edna Marie Temmer
F, b. June 2, 1919, d. January 24, 2013
- Birth: Edna Marie Temmer was born on June 2, 1919 in Fond du Lac, Fond du lac Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Eugene Joseph VanGorp were married on May 18, 1940.
- Death: Edna Marie Temmer died on January 24, 2013, at age 93.
- Burial: She was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Van Gorp, Edna Marie (nee Temmer)
Edna Van Gorp, 93, long-time resident on North Park Avenue in Neenah, and the Valley VNA since October 2005, departed this life to be with her Creator on January 24, 2013. Edna was born on June 2, 1919 in Fond du Lac, the daughter of Joseph and Olga Temmer. On May 18, 1940 she married Gene Van Gorp, who preceded her in death in 1999. Together they enjoyed many years attending Packer games with ten of their closest friends all seated in the same stadium row and golfing at Ridgeway CC. However, Edna's greatest joy was her family. She spent her life loving and cherishing her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. We have all been blessed by her sweet, loving involvement in our lives. Mom is sadly missed by her five children: Peter (Peggy) Van Gorp, Sperry, OK; Jean (Jim) Rippl, Beloit, WI; Joanne (Omar) Meyer, Town of Clayton; Barbara Van Gorp of Menasha and Patsy (Dan) Johnston of Burnsville, MN.
Edna is also survived by her twelve grandchildren: Arlene Baum, Pete Van Gorp, Heather and Dan Rippl, Steve and Jeff Graverson, Angeline Gallmeier, Asher Hemmila, Elliot, Suzannah, Simone and Anitra Johnston; and her thirteen great-grandchildren: Nicholas and Alexander Baum; Sebastian and Griffon Rippl, Mikk, Tara, Libby and Ethan Graverson, Julian and Preston Gallmeier, and Ezekiel, Isak and Adelle Hemmila. Edna is further survived by her sisters-in-law; Marguerite Van Gorp, Sally Pendergast, Jackie Van Gorp, Betty Bradley, Catherine Meixl and Pet Vanden Heuvel.
The Funeral Mass for Edna will be held on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. at St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church (439 Washington Ave., Neenah) with Father Larry Seidl and Deacon Jeff Prickette officiating. Friends will be received directly at the church on Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. until the hour of service. Interment will be in Oak Hill Cemetery in Neenah.
Westgor Funeral Home
205 W. Doty Ave.
The family would like to extend a grateful Thank You to Alicia Peterson. We would also like to thank the entire staff at the Valley VNA for making Mom feel at home for over seven years. In lieu of flowers the family encourages a donation in Edna's name to Valley VNA, 1533 Lyon Drive, Neenah WI 54956.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on January 27, 2013.