Darold Paul DeTennis
M, b. August 31, 1931, d. May 5, 2010
- Birth: Darold Paul DeTennis was born on August 31, 1931 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 5, 2010, at age 78, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Darold Paul De Tennis, 78, died Wednesday, May 5, 2010, at St. Vincent hospital after a brief illness. He was born Aug. 31, 1931, in Green Bay, to the late Paul and Frances (Roffers) De Tennis.
Darold attended Central Catholic High School and graduated in 1949. Shortly after high school, he enlisted in the U.S. Air Force, where he served until returning to Green Bay following the death of his father, Paul.
Darold then began his lifelong career as a letter carrier for the U.S. Postal Service. He was well known on the northeast side of Green Bay by all the residents he delivered mail to and subsequently socialized with.
After retiring in 1987, he served on both the De Pere City Council and the Brown County Board for several years. Always a politician at heart, Darold fully enjoyed his time serving the community and the resulting friendships he forged.
Darold was a Green Bay Packer season-ticket holder for over 50 years, attending games in Green Bay and Milwaukee; he missed only a handful of games in all those years. Darold will be missed by all his friends in Section 136 at Lambeau Field. Darold and his brother, Paul, were both noted college and professional football historians.
Starting in 1988, Darold spent most Thursdays and Fridays watching over his beloved granddaughters, Danielle and Stevie. Both have great memories of their days spent with Grandpa Darold. He continued in that spirit with his grandson, Dylan, who he enjoyed taking to a Packer game every season.
Beyond spending time with family and friends, Darold enjoyed time spent in Door County, particularly Baileys Harbor, Cave Point and White Fish Dunes. He enjoyed camping adventures (and misadventures), practical (and not-so-practical) jokes, storytelling, reading and writing.
Darold is survived by his children, Gregory De Tennis (Susan Stauber) and Debbie (Steve) Verheyen; three grandchildren, Danielle De Tennis and Stevie and Dylan Verheyen; and by his stepchildren, Jim (Mary) Rose, Kelly (Phil) Pierner, Jennifer (Steve) Styczynski and Adam Rose. He is also survived by his sister, Kaye (Gary) Jadin; brothers-in-law, Ken Vissers and John Kautzer; nieces and nephews; friends /cousins, Lee Roffers, Dave Roffers, Carol Sue Vincent and Sandy Meckstroth; close friend, Denny Patton; mail carrier, Lisa Paluch; and his many other friends including the community of friends he made at the Creekwood Apartments in Ashwaubenon, notably Jim Gallagher.
Darold was preceded in death by his wife, Pat Rose De Tennis; parents, Paul and Frances (Roffers) De Tennis; siblings, Paul De Tennis, Anne Vissers, Faye Kautzer and Judy De Tennis; and stepfather, Herb Kruse.
A time to visit with Darold's family will be held at the RYAN FUNERAL HOME, 305 N. Tenth Street, De Pere, after 10 a.m. Saturday, May 8, 2010. At 12 noon there will be a celebration of Darold's life at the Sports Corner, 500 Grant Street, De Pere. The Sports Corner was originally built and run as the Hotel Roffers over 100 years ago by Darold's grandparents. Just before the family leaves for the Sports Corner, Fr. Gery Meehan, O. Praem., will offer a brief prayer for Darold. Please visit www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the De Tennis family.
Diane Claire Collart
Darcy Claire Collart
James Madison Miller
M, b. November 17, 1926, d. May 26, 2000
- Birth: James Madison Miller was born on November 17, 1926.
- Death: He died on May 26, 2000, at age 73.
Debra Cliffton Albright
F, b. circa 1900
- Birth: Katy Wotschagel was born circa 1900.
M, b. circa 1907
- Birth: Clarence Robinson was born circa 1907.
Daniel Joseph Stein
Daniel Joseph Stein
M, b. February 22, 1938, d. February 21, 1939
- Birth: Daniel Joseph Stein was born on February 22, 1938 in Combined Locks, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 21, 1939, at age 0.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, Unknown Unmarked.
Donald J Stein
M, b. December 22, 1939, d. August 18, 2004
- Birth: Donald J Stein was born on December 22, 1939 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on June 15, 1968 in Manawa, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 18, 2004, at age 64.
Carmen Mary Stein
Scott Edwin Siewert