Delano Ray Fietzer
M, b. June 7, 1937, d. March 16, 2009
- Birth: Delano Ray Fietzer was born on June 7, 1937.
- Marriage: He and Joann L Stevens were married on June 27, 1959.
- Death: Delano Ray Fietzer died on March 16, 2009, at age 71, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: March 18, 2009
Fietzer, Delano "Del" Ray
Delano "Del" Ray Fietzer, age 71, of Manawa, died on Monday, March 16, 2009, at Appleton Medical Center. He was born on June 7, 1937, in the Town of Nicholson, son of the late Albert and Leola (Wegener) Fietzer. On June 27, 1959, he married Joann L. Stevens in Marion. She preceded him in death in 2003. Del served his country with the U.S. Army, serving in Korea and Germany. He was a member of the American Legion Post #226 in Manawa. He worked for the Waupaca County Highway Department for many years retiring in 1997. He was a member of St. Mark Lutheran Church in Symco.
He is survived by three grandchildren: Steven (Shannon) Fietzer, Beth Fietzer, and Elizabeth Boelter; a brother, Roger (Carolyn) Fietzer, Scandinavia; a sister, Carol Reinert, New London; sisters-in-law: Irene Fietzer and Janet Stevens; brothers-in-law: John Stevens, Gary Stevens and Vern Christiansen. Del is further survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Besides his parents and wife, he was preceded in death by a son Terry, two brothers and a brother-in-law.
The funeral service for Del will be held on Saturday, March 21, 2009, at noon at the Cline-Hanson-Dahlke Funeral Home in Manawa with Rev. Jeffrey Smiles officiating. Burial will be in Union Cemetery in Symco. Friends may call directly at the funeral home on Saturday from 10 a.m. until the time of the service.
176 N. Bridge St.
Joann L Stevens
F, b. December 6, 1940, d. August 25, 2003
- Birth: Joann L Stevens was born on December 6, 1940.
- Marriage: She and Delano Ray Fietzer were married on June 27, 1959.
- Death: Joann L Stevens died on August 25, 2003, at age 62.
M, b. November 13, 1919, d. August 19, 2011
- Birth: Gerald Rohan was born on November 13, 1919 in Lebanon, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Agnes Sexton were married on November 6, 1945.
- Marriage: Gerald Rohan and Dorothy Marie Spierings were married on August 9, 1986.
- Death: Gerald Rohan died on August 19, 2011, at age 91.
- Burial: He was buried in St Patrick Cemetery, Stephensville (Northport), Wisconsin.
- Note: Gerald (Gerry) Rohan, 91, rural New London, was called to eternal life Aug. 19, 2011. He was born on Nov. 13, 1919, in Lebanon, son of the late Frank and Mary (Kelly) Rohan. Gerald was employed by Fox Tractor in Appleton for 11 years and Bordens in New London for 28 years, retiring in June of 1983. He also farmed in the Town of Lebanon all of these years and was a lifelong member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church.
Gerald loved to dance, hunt and, until just a few years ago, do field work for his son, Tom, who took over the family farm. He loved his Lebanon neighbors who are more like family than neighbors. Gerald was also famous for his "whisker rubs" with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Gerald was united in marriage to Agnes Sexton on Nov. 6, 1945. She preceded him in death in May of 1983. Gerald was also preceded in death by a son, Bill Rohan, age 19, and a grandson, Tim Kostrzak, age 24. Gerald was united in marriage to his second wife, Dorothy (Spiering) Cooney, on Aug. 9, 1986. She preceded him in death in March of 2009. Gerald and Dorothy were very proud to be chosen as the Irish Rose and Irish Man of the Year in 2002 for the New Dublin St. Patrick's Day festivities.
Gerald is survived by four daughters and a son, Patti (Joe) Kostrzak, Tom Rohan (Karen Yde), Mary (Bert) Besaw, Theresa (Greg) Beyer, all of the New London area; and Sue (Mike) Siddall, Appleton; 12 grandchildren, Lori (Chris) Eick, Appleton; Todd (Lisa) Kostrzak, Hammond, Wis.; Bryan (Sarah) Fletcher, Hortonville; Matt (special friend, Whitney Golding) and Michael Rohan, New London; Robin (Don) Coolidge, Appleton; Michael (Mutsumi) Siddall, Minnesota; Meghan Siddall, Colorado; Nicole (Mike) Clausen, Greenville; Jason Besaw, Greenville (special friend, Chantel Sundolm, Green Bay); Brittany Beyer, Kenosha; and Brianne Beyer, Milwaukee; four great-grandchildren, Maverick and Jonah Kostrzak and Paige and Jackson Clausen; and a multitude of nieces and nephews. Gerald is also survived by seven step-children from his second marriage, Tom (Cathy) Cooney, New London; Jim (Judy) Cooney, Texas; Rick (Carol) Cooney, Appleton; Evelyn Van Lyssel, Fremont; Carol (Dick) Sedo, Winneconne; Diane (Ted) Ognie, Milwaukee; and Becky (Dan) Esslinger, Appleton. Gerald is survived by a sister, Mary Fran (Jack) Crain, Germantown; and a brother-in-law, Tom (Lynn) Sexton, Elcho, Wis.
He was preceded in death by his sister, Margeurite (Pat) Sexton, Appleton; and his brother, Gene (Phyllis) Rohan, New London; as well as a brother, Donald, who died as a toddler.
Dad was able to spend his final days in his own home, but wanted the staff at St. Joseph Residence to know how appreciative he was of the care he received there last summer and even moreso, how much he appreciated the care that was given to his wife, Dorothy, in the last months of her life. They cared for her and him in that period. Special thanks to Sue Cates.
We would like to offer our heartfelt thanks to Dr. Tim Rasor and Dr. Scott Kolbeck who went above and beyond. Our thanks also to Clair Flease and Don and Marie Crain - they give new meaning to the word "friends." Our thanks to Monsignor Dennis Lally for all of his home visits and spiritual support. Our thanks to Heartland Hospice for helping us all in this journey.
The Funeral Mass for Gerald will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 23, 2011, at 11 a.m. at St. Patrick Catholic Church in the Town of Lebanon, with the Rev. Msgr. Dennis Lally officiating. Burial will be in the parish cemetery. Friends may call at the Cline & Hanson Funeral Home in New London, on Monday from 4 to 8 p.m. where a parish prayer service will be held at 7:30 p.m. Visitation will also be held on Tuesday at the church from 10 a.m. until the time of the service. Cline & Hanson Funeral Home
209 W. Cook St.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on August 21, 2011.
M, b. circa 1905
- Birth: Paul DeTennis was born circa 1905.
F, b. circa 1905
- Birth: Frances Roffers was born circa 1905.