James P Wright
M, b. January 31, 1955, d. December 22, 2013
- Birth: James P Wright was born on January 31, 1955.
- Death: He died on December 22, 2013, at age 58, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Bear Creek, Wisconsin.
- Note: James P. Wright, age 58, of Appleton, passed away unexpectedly on December 22, 2013, surrounded by his family at St. Elizabeth's Hospital. Jim was born on January 31, 1955, son of the late Lester and Jeanette (Lorge) Wright. He grew up in Bear Creek where he attended St. Mary's Catholic School. He graduated from Clintonville High School in 1973.
Jim is survived by three sisters: Jean (Mike) Stemper; Joan (Arlin) Kersten and Lou Ann Bessette; brother, Robert Wright. Nephews and nieces: Chris and Shawn Stemper; Andy and Adam Kersten, Holly Hohner, Rhonda Stueck and Gina King. Aunts and uncles: Victoria Bacheller, Norman (Ruth) Wright, Frances Knack and Marion Lorge.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother Denis Wright.
Jim was a kind and generous man. He loved going to the Lorge family reunion; he will be missed by his family and friends.
Funeral mass for Jim will be held on Thursday, December 26, 2013, at 11:00 a.m. at St. Mary's Catholic Church, Bear Creek with Fr. Jack Mullarkey officiating. Burial will be in the parish cemetery. Visitation will be held at the church on Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until the time of service.
Leroy G Christensen
M, b. July 9, 1939, d. December 28, 2014
- Birth: Leroy G Christensen was born on July 9, 1939 in Bear Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on October 14, 1961 in Bear Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on December 28, 2014, at age 75.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Bear Creek, Wisconsin.
- Note: Leroy G. Christensen, age 75 of Bear Creek, passed away peacefully at Cherry Meadows in Appleton on Sunday morning, December 28, 2014.
Leroy was born on July 9, 1939 in the Township of Bear Creek as the son of the late Maurice and Grace (Malliet) Christensen. He attended St. Mary's Catholic grade school and graduated from Bear Creek High School in 1959. He was united in marriage to Joan Finger on October 14, 1961 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Bear Creek where the couple were still current members. Leroy enjoyed hunting, especially pheasants and deer, but walleye fishing on the Embarrass and Wolf River with his fishing buddy Keith Balke was his passion. He enjoyed watching Packer, Brewer, Badger, & Trucker games with his family. After retiring from Miller Electric in Appleton where he worked for 31 years, he developed a knack of carving and detailing loons and wood ducks.
Survivors include: His wife of 53 years, Joan; children, Jeff (Rena) Christensen, Jeannie (Dennis) Zietlow, & Colleen (Mike) Roberts; 8 grandchildren, Zachary, Anastassia & Daniel Christensen; Tyler, Tiffany & Stephanie Klegin; Megan (Jake) Orvedahl & Mitchell Roberts; great-granddaughter, Elyse Orvedahl; brother, Ken (Beverly) Christensen; sisters, Bonnie Snitselaar, Teri (Tom Fitzsimons) Miller, & Verona (Leonard) Hartwig; sister-in-law, Earline Christensen; half-brothers, Ron, Bill, and Jim Christensen.
Leroy was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Keith Christensen.
The Mass of Christian Burial for Leroy will be held Wednesday, December 31, 2014 at 11 AM at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Bear Creek. Rev. Jack Mullarkey & Deacon Lincoln Wood will officiate and inurnment will follow at the parish cemetery. Friends may call at the church on Wednesday from 9 AM until the time of the service. The Eberhardt-Stevenson Funeral Home & Crematory of Clintonville is assisting his family with the arrangements. An online guestbook for Leroy can be found at www.eberhardtstevenson.com.
Leroy's family would like to thank hospice, Thedacare at Home & Cherry Meadows, doctors nurses and staff for the care they showed Leroy over these last few weeks. Also thanks to the Bear Creek First Responders, EMT's, and Erickson Home Medical for their services over the years.
Thomas Lloyd Glatz
M, b. July 30, 1954, d. August 18, 1974
- Birth: Thomas Lloyd Glatz was born on July 30, 1954 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 18, 1974, at age 20.
Wayne Edwin Glatz
Ardice M Poehlman
F, b. March 2, 1914, d. September 2, 1984
Family: Frank A Petit (b. January 16, 1909, d. September 22, 1962)
- Birth: Ardice M Poehlman was born on March 2, 1914 in Sugar Bush, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Frank A Petit were married on November 4, 1931.
- Death: Ardice M Poehlman died on September 2, 1984, at age 70, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Alvin E Korth
M, b. April 14, 1910, d. September 24, 1961
- Birth: Alvin E Korth was born on April 14, 1910.
- Marriage: He and Pearl L Petit were married on June 16, 1932 in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Alvin E Korth died on September 24, 1961, at age 51.
- Burial: He was buried in St Denis Cemetery, Shiocton, Wisconsin.
James E Brown
M, b. June 4, 1941, d. February 10, 2009
- Birth: James E Brown was born on June 4, 1941 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 10, 2009, at age 67, in Henderson, Clark Co, Nevada.
- Burial: He was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
- Note: February 18, 2009
Brown, James E.
James E. Brown of Henderson, NV, longtime Appleton resident, died February 10, 2009, at his home in Henderson, NV. He was born June 4, 1941, in Oshkosh, WI, the son of the late Franklin P. and Sarah J. Brown. His last employment was with the Outagamie County Sheriff Department; retiring after 32 years.
Survivors include his wife, Darlene (Wilken, VanLyssel) Brown, Henderson, NV; daughters: Sarah Brown (friend Hunter), Oak Creek, WI; Elizabeth (Nick) Van Dalen, Appleton, WI; sons: Gerald (Hollie) Brown, Fond du Lac, WI; Franklin (Linda) Brown, Appleton, WI; Michael (Gayle) Brown, Seymour, WI; Andrew Brown, Green Bay, WI; stepdaughters: Victoria Kammer, Henderson, NV; Stephani (John) Greim, Smyrna, DE; grandchildren: Danielle and Konar Brown, June Marie and James Paukstat, Amelia and Isaac Van Dalen, Casey Butitta, Samantha and John Greim; great-granddaughter, Kayla Sheriff; sister, June Paukstat-Muchow, Rock Springs, WI; mother-in-law, Edith Wilken, Clintonville, WI. Further survived by many brothers- and sisters-in law, nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his first wife, Karen Abbs Brown; son, James E. Paukstat; sisters: Dorothy Schroeder, Bertha Griffey, Mary Schleicher and Florence Schmitt.
In keeping with Jim's wishes, there will be no visitation. Celebration of Life, Sunday, February 22, 2009, at the Darboy Club in the Mallard Room from 3-5 p.m. Private burial in Riverside Cemetery.
The family requests no flowers; donations can be made to Salvation Army.