Susan Rita Wassenberg
Tammy Rae Verheyen
F, b. December 16, 1961, d. December 19, 1999
- Birth: Tammy Rae Verheyen was born on December 16, 1961.
- Death: She died on December 19, 1999, at age 38.
- Burial: She was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Kathryn B Solberg
Daniel James Czaplewski
M, d. yes
- Death: Joseph Solberg died yes in as infant.
Noah Andrew Gietman
M, b. February 2, 2009, d. February 2, 2009
- Birth: Noah Andrew Gietman was born on February 2, 2009.
- Death: He died on February 2, 2009, at age 0.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: February 5, 2009
Gietman, Infant Noah Andrew
Noah Andrew Gietman, Appleton, passed away in the loving arms of his family on Monday, February 2, 2009.
He will be missed by his loving parents, Drew and Stephanie (Zehren) Gietman; grandparents: Gerald and Connie Gietman, and Scott and Barbara Bowser; good friend, David Taczala; and "Rusty."
The funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Monday, February 9, 2009, at WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME, 537 N. Superior St., Appleton, with Deacon Maury Reed officiating. Burial will follow at Appleton Highland Memorial Park. A memorial fund in Noah's name is being established.
The family thanks the staff, especially Karly and Shelby, at Theda Clark for their compassionate care.
Wichmann Funeral Home
537 North Superior Street
William Karl Steckbauer
M, b. October 24, 1940, d. January 25, 2009
- Birth: William Karl Steckbauer was born on October 24, 1940 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 25, 2009, at age 68, in New Mexico.
- Note: February 5, 2009
Steckbauer, William Karl "Bill"
William Karl Steckbauer "Bill", passed away Sunday, January 25, 2009, of natural causes in New Mexico. Born October 24, 1940, in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, where he grew up with his seven brothers and sisters on Lake Butte des Mortes at Leonard's Point. He loved his first job, working on the Pertmer's mink farm, but made his career as a steamfitter, as a proud member of the Steamfitter's Union. Bill was preceded in death by his son, Billy and his parents, William and Mary Steckbauer.
He is survived by his sisters: Mary Thompson, Margaret Steckbauer, JoAnn Hammen, Rita Medland and Virginia Lisek; his brothers: Paul Steckbauer and James Steckbauer and their families. Bill also leaves behind four daughters: Katherine Otero (Phillip), Ann Armijo, Susan Carter (Bill) and Angelika Steckbauer (Dan), as well as a stepdaughter, Shirley, who he held in high regard. He also leaves behind his grandchildren: Richard Sanchez, Frances Steckbauer, Mariah Steckbauer, Ryann Carter, Victor Samuel Armijo and Jada Carter.
The daughters would like to thank all those who helped to celebrate our father's life. Special Thanks to our awesome family & friends who made everything perfect! We would also like to thank Deacon Manual, Pastor Justin Marbury, Carol & Jason from Calvary of Albuquerque. If you were unable to attend, but would like to share a special story with his family, go to Steckbauerfamily@gmail.com.
Mary R Steckbauer
F, b. December 29, 1931, d. July 6, 2011
- Birth: Mary R Steckbauer was born on December 29, 1931.
- Death: She died on July 6, 2011, at age 79.
- Note: Thompson, Mary R.
Mary R. Thompson (Nee Steckbauer) passed away Wednesday, July 6, 2011, age 79 years. Beloved wife of the late Marvin F. Thompson. Loving mother of Tim (Lynn), Jeff (Lisa), Ann (Mike) Prudlo and Tony. Proud grandmother of Tiffany (Mike) Henning, Samantha, Nicholas, Noah, Mari, and Elisabeth. Great-grandmother of Chance and Owen. Daughter of the late William and Mary Steckbauer. Sister of Margaret Steckbauer, Rita (Tom) Medland, JoAnn Hammen, Paul (Mary) Steckbauer, Virginia (Ernst) Lisek, James Steckbauer and the late William Steckbauer. Sister-in-law of Donald (Mary) Thompson and Doris Schaefer. Also survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends.
Visitation Monday, July 11, 2011 9 A.M. until Mass of Christian Burial at 11:00 A.M. at San Camillo Chapel (10200 W Bluemound Rd). Interment Monday 2 P.M. at Holy Cross Cemetery. Member of Parents without Partners, Widows or Widowers and Vagabond Ski Club. In lieu of flowers, memorials to Salvation Army and American Cancer Society .
Special thanks to the staff and nurses of Hospice Advantage and St. Camillus for their loving care of Mary.
BEVSEK-VERBICK Funeral Home-Crematory & Pre-Arrangement Center Serving the Family
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from July 8 to July 10, 2011.
Rita A Steckbauer
F, b. September 22, 1934, d. November 13, 2014
- Birth: Rita A Steckbauer was born on September 22, 1934 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Thomas Medland were married in February 1988.
- Death: Rita A Steckbauer died on November 13, 2014, at age 80.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Rita A. (Steckbauer) Medland, 80, of Appleton, passed away peacefully on November 13, 2014 surrounded by family at Christian Community Home in Hudson, WI.
Born September 22, 1934, in Oshkosh, to William and Mary Steckbauer, Rita received her degree from Wisconsin-Oshkosh and spent many years teaching English at both Appleton East and Appleton West High Schools, retiring in 1994. She married Thomas Medland in 1988 and they split their time between Appleton and Surprise, Arizona for many years.
Rita is survived by her children, Robert (Karen Gallagher) Macke, San Francisco, California; Daniel (Regina) Macke, Appleton; Carolyn Baumann, Minneapolis, Minnesota; Christine (Ryan) Nielsen, Hudson; their father, Robert Macke of Appleton; and Meredith (Timothy) Sasseen, Del Mar, California; siblings Margaret Steckbauer, Appleton; JoAnn Hammen, Little Chute; Paul (Mary) Steckbauer, Appleton; Virginia (Ernst) Lisek, Oshkosh; and James Steckbauer, Overgaard, Arizona.
Rita enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren, Alex and Lauren Macke, Griffin and Ella Baumann, Hannah and Jacob Nielsen, and Natalie and Nathan Macke. She also enjoyed golfing with many friends, attending aerobic dance classes, traveling, walking and reading. She was an active member of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Appleton and donated many hours of her time at the Salvation Army and to various church functions.
Rita is preceded in death by her parents, husband, Thomas Medland; sister,Mary Steckbauer Thompson; brother-in-law, Lou Thompson; brother, William Steckbauer; and brother-in-law, Gene Hammen.
The funeral liturgy will be held at 10:30 AM on Friday, November 21, 2014 at St. MARY CATHOLIC CHURCH, 312 S. State Street, Appleton. A time of visitation will be held on Friday from 8:30 AM until the time of the service at church. Interment will be held immediately after the service at St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery, Appleton. A reception will follow at Riverview Gardens in Appleton.
Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com.
The family would like to thank Cindy Ulrichsen of Home Instead Senior Care for being Rita's caregiver for the past year.
Please make memorial donations in the name of CFFVR/Memory Project Operations Fund.
Paul S Steckbauer
M, b. August 31, 1942, d. June 28, 2015
- Birth: Paul S Steckbauer was born on August 31, 1942 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 28, 2015, at age 72, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Steckbauer, Paul S.
72, of Appleton, passed away on Sunday, June 28, 2015 at St. Elizabeth Hospital after fighting a courageous battle with Mantel Cell Lymphoma. Paul was born in Oshkosh, WI on August 31, 1942 to the late William and Mary (Binder) Steckbauer. He and Mary Mislinski wed on April 23, 1962. Paul was a Maintenance Electrician at Kimberly-Clark Corp. retiring at the age of 59. He was an avid duck hunter and a member of the Maine Mallards Oshkosh Gun Club.
Paul will be missed by his wife, Mary; children: Paul, Joseph (Beth), Thomas (Lisette) and Stephen (Sheri); ten grandchildren: Thomas, Meghan, Jeffrey, Jason, Stephen, Zoey, Elizabeth, Alexandra, Thomas and Isabella; six great-grandchildren; siblings: Margaret Steckbauer, Jo Ann Hammen, Virginia (Ernst) Lisek and James Steckbauer; two special friends: Kathy and Ed and Karen
He was preceded in death by his parents, and his siblings: Mary (Lou) Thompson, Rita (Thomas) Medland, and William and Paul Steckbauer; and brother-in-law, Eugene Hammen.
A funeral service for Paul will take place at 3 PM, Thursday, July 2, at Brettschneider-Trettin-Nickel Funeral Chapel. Friends may visit at the funeral chapel on Thursday from 1 PM until the time of service.
Paul's family would like to thank Dr. William Conkright and the nurses in ICU & Oncology at St. Elizabeth's Hospital for the care they gave to Paul.
"Always in my mind, forever in my heart." Mary.
Angela Mary Dollar
F, b. April 1, 1931, d. August 15, 2001
- Birth: Angela Mary Dollar was born on April 1, 1931 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Robert Herbert Roffers were married on August 21, 1954.
- Death: Angela Mary Dollar died on August 15, 2001, at age 70, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Angela M. Roffers, formerly of De Pere, 70, was called home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, Aug. 15, 2001. She was born April 1, 1931 in Green Bay, to the late George and Mary (Hecker) Dollar. Angela married Robert H. Roffers on Aug. 21, 1954 in De Pere at St. Francis Catholic Church. The couple purchased a farm in the Town of Hobart in 1961 and were devoted dairy farmers for 38 years. She was proud to be a homemaker. Angela was a wonderful wife, mother, and grandmother, and enjoyed spending time with all of her family. She especially enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren, reading, music and dancing. Angela was a member of St. Boniface Church, De Pere for many years. She will be sadly missed by her loving family who will always remember her kindness, generosity, and unequivocal love that she showed everyone in her family. Angela was also a member of the VFW #2113 Ladles Auxiliary for many years.
Angela is survived by her husband, Robert who would have celebrated 47 years of marriage with her on Aug. 21; their children, Carol (Jeff) Webster, Green Bay; Sharon (Mike) Secora, Abrams; Betsy (Steve) Braun, Seymour; Allan (Mitzie) Roffers, Black Creek; Denise (Lorn) Van Den Elzen, De Pere; Bonnie and fiance Craig Rickaway, Racine; Leann (Carlos) Rodriguez, Riverview, Fla.; and Curtis (Andrea) Roffers, Gurnee, IL.; eight loving grandchildren, Jamie, Corry and Justin Roffers, Paul and Casey Braun, Kelcie and Kailie Van Den Elzen and Megan Roffers. She is also survived by seven sisters, Arlene Thomas, De Pere; Rita (Bernard) Lacenskl, Denmark; Elsie (Donald) Krajnik, Mishicot; Gladys (Joe) Diny, Greenleaf; Leona Beining, Greenleaf; Joan (Richard) Mauer, Brussels; Janice (Pat) Henning, De Pere; and many brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, George and Mary Dollar, parents-in-law, John and Mary Roffers, seven brothers-in-law, two sisters-in-law, two nephews and one niece.
Friends may call at Ryan Funeral Home, 305 N. Tenth St., De Pere, Friday, Aug. 17, 2001 from 4 to 8 p.m. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Church, De Pere, Saturday, Aug. 18, 2001 at 10 a.m. with Rev. Conrad Kratz, O.Praem, officiating. Entombment at the Allouez Chapel and Mausoleum.