F, b. May 15, 1917, d. August 21, 2009
- Birth: Gladys Dorn was born on May 15, 1917 in Stockbridge, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Walter Jacobs were married on October 24, 1934.
- Death: Gladys Dorn died on August 21, 2009, at age 92, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Francis Cemetery, Hollandtown, Wisconsin.
- Note: August 23, 2009
Gladys Jacobs, Kaukauna, age 92, died peacefully at her home on Friday, August 21, 2009. She was born May 15, 1917, in Stockbridge, daughter of the late August and Alice (Wetzel) Dorn. On October 24, 1934, Gladys married Walter M. Jacobs whom after almost 60 years of marriage preceded her in death on July 18, 1994. From 1934 to 1954, the couple farmed in Hollandtown, together they own and operated Jacobs Barn & Equipment from 1952 to 1971. Gladys taught knitting and crocheting for the 4-H program as well as teaching numerous others. She enjoyed painting, reading and crafting. Gladys was a member of St. Katherine Drexel Parish at St. Francis Site. Gladys' family was her top priority. She was a loving and caring mother, grandmother and great-grandmother to all.
She is survived by her children: Nancy Schaefer (special friend, Harry Kwasny), Brillion, David Jacobs, Freedom; Pat Barker (special friend, Marvin Van Handel), Neenah; Janet (John) Kennedy, Menasha; Linda (Dennis) Schmidt, Hollandtown; 20 grandchildren and 29 great-grandchildren. She is further survived by her husband's family: Mary (Norb) Euclide and Eleanor Jacobs, both of Chilton, special nephew, Jerry (Barb) Wolf, Freedom, numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by a grandson, Danny Jacobs, a sister and brother-in-law, Shirley (Fritzy) Longrie and a half-sister and brother-in-law, Bernice (Ed) Wilson.
The Mass of Christian Burial will be at 12:30 p.m. on Monday, August 24, 2009, at ST. KATHARINE DREXEL PARISH at ST. FRANCIS SITE, Hollandtown, with Fr. Jerry Pastors officiating. Friends will be received directly at church from 10 a.m. until the time of service. A memorial fund has been established for Theda Care Hospice and Home Care. Burial will take place in the Parish Cemetery. The Boettcher Family Funeral Home, Kaukauna is assisting the family. 920-766-2099.
The family wishes to thank special friends, Ellen Scheibe and Mary Fassbender, Theda Care Hospice, and Dr. Jack Anderson for their loving care and compassion.
Patricia Ann Jacobs
Janet Mae Jacobs
F, b. February 23, 1838, d. December 2, 1889
Family: Johannes deJager (b. October 18, 1838, d. May 28, 1893)
- Baby dJager (b. October 18, 1867, d. October 18, 1867)
- Ardina deJager (b. January 31, 1869, d. April 9, 1908)
- Johanna deJager (b. January 23, 1871, d. April 3, 1938)
- Jan Johannes deJager (b. April 13, 1873)
- Martinus deJager (b. February 2, 1876, d. January 22, 1942)
- Peter Piet DeYager (b. July 14, 1881, d. March 4, 1912)
- Birth: Maria Ariens was born on February 23, 1838 in Nistelrode, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: She and Johannes deJager were married on January 30, 1864 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: Maria Ariens died on December 2, 1889, at age 51, in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Daniel Joseph Jacobs
M, b. January 29, 1961, d. October 4, 1963
- Birth: Daniel Joseph Jacobs was born on January 29, 1961 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on October 4, 1963, at age 2.
M, b. August 11, 1926, d. 2004
- Birth: Kenneth Barker was born on August 11, 1926.
- Death: He died in 2004, at age ~78.
- Father: John A Hoyer (b. October 29, 1898, d. April 5, 1986)
- Mother: Clara Meyer (b. July 31, 1903, d. January 16, 1983)
Dennis Francis Schmidt
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
M, b. May 12, 1913, d. July 18, 1974
- Birth: Hubert Jacobs was born on May 12, 1913 in Hilbert, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Eleanor Isadora Leitner were married on October 5, 1938 in Charlestown, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Hubert Jacobs died on July 18, 1974, at age 61, in St John, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, St John, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Hubert J. Jacobs, 61 a R. 2, Hilbert farmer, died unexpectedly Friday while working in the basement of his home.
Born on May 12, 1913, in the town of Woodville, he was a son of the late John and Catherine Lauer Jacobs. On Oct 5, 1938 he married the former Eleanor Leitner at St. Martin Catholic Church, Town of Charlestown. The couple farmed on the homestead farm since their marriage. Mr. Jacobs was a member of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, St. John, the Holy Name Society of the parish, and the Catholic Order of Knights.
Survivors include his widow; six daughters, Miss Gloria, Appleton, Mrs. Robert (Eunice ) Heller, R. 2, Hilbert, Mrs. Harvey (Darlene) Zahringer, R. 1, Hilbert, Miss Diane, Miss Karen and Miss Ellen all at home; five sons, Harold, Green Bay, John, Manitowoc and Alfred, Donald and Gerald, all at home; four grandchildren; five sisters, Mrs. Ed Zimmermann, R. 3, Plymouth, Mrs. Joseph Gehl, Hilbert, Mrs. Carl Reuther, Menasha, Mrs. Otto Reiser, New Holstein, and Mrs. Norbert Euclide, Chilton and three brothers, Raymond, New Holstein, Walter, Hollandtown and Herman, R. 1, Menasha. A son and a sister preceded him in death.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church with the Rev. Kenneth Frozena, pastor, as celebrant of the Mass.
Sheboygan Press – July 20, 1974.
Eleanor Isadora Leitner
F, b. December 27, 1919, d. August 17, 2015
- Birth: Eleanor Isadora Leitner was born on December 27, 1919 in Charlestown, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Hubert Jacobs were married on October 5, 1938 in Charlestown, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Eleanor Isadora Leitner died on August 17, 2015, at age 95, in Chilton, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St John Cemetery, St John, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Eleanore Isadora Jacobs, 95, of Chilton, passed away on Monday, August 17, 2015 at Atrium Acute Care Center in Chilton. Eleanore was born December 27, 1919 in Charlestown, Wisconsin, daughter of the late Joseph and Barbara (Bruckner) Leitner. On October 5, 1938 Hubert Jacobs and Eleanore Leitner were united in marriage at St. Martins in Charlestown. He preceded her in death on July 19, 1974.
Eleanore was a long time member of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church and also Christian Mothers for 75 years. She was known for her famous German potato salad, crazy cake, and ginger snap cookies. Eleanore was a loving and devoted mother and grandmother who felt fortunate to have babysat many of her grandchildren watching them grow in age and experience. She also had the honor of becoming great-grandma and great-great-grandma. In her free time, Eleanore enjoyed working on word search puzzles and loved her crafts, especially her crocheting, embroidery and plastic canvas items. Most of her exquisite, hand made items were given to family and friends to bless them beyond measure. Eleanore also appreciated a good game of Sheepshead and Hand and Foot, never losing the ability to count the points in either game.
Survivors include her eleven children, Harold (Kathleen), Alfred (Shirley), John (Sandy), Gloria (Ron) Schunk, Eunice Heller, Don (Lori), Diane (Bob) Willems, Darlene (Harv) Zahringer, Karen (Jeff) Goeser, Gerry (Barb), and Ellen (Vic) Brault; 31 grandchildren; 7 step-grandchildren; 42 great-grandchildren; 2 great-great-grandchildren; two sisters-in-law, Mary Euclide and Carol Leitner; brother-in-law, Merlin Lemke; and many nieces, nephews, and friends.
In addition to her parents and husband, Hubert, Eleanore was preceded in death by her son, Richard Jacobs on July 31, 1952; daughter-in-law, Joyce Jacobs on May 1, 1980; 8 brothers and sisters and their spouses; and 8 brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law and their spouses.
Funeral Services will be at 11:30 am on Saturday, August 22, 2015 at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church (Cty Hwy BB) in St. John with the Rev. Michael Betley officiating. Burial will be in the parish cemetery. Friends may call at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church from 9:30 am to 11:15 am on Saturday, August 22, 2015.
A memorial fund has been established in the name of Eleanore I. Jacobs.
Eleanore's family would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the caregivers and staff of Atrium Acute Care Center in Chilton and Heartland Hospice for the care and compassion shown to her.
Online condolences: www.wietingfuneralhome.com.
Harold Joseph Jacobs
Rosemary Katherine Joas
- Father: Herman Joas (b. November 25, 1893, d. February 11, 1973)
- Mother: Sarah Lai (b. 1908, d. 1980)
Jayne Marie Jacobs
F, b. November 29, 1945, d. May 1, 1986
- Birth: Joyce Bushmaker was born on November 29, 1945.
- Death: She died on May 1, 1986, at age 40.
Jodi Lynn Jacobs
Jill Noel Jacobs
Walter E Morack
M, b. March 14, 1932, d. September 29, 2012
- Birth: Walter E Morack was born on March 14, 1932 in Town of Liberty, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married in Sugar Bush, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 29, 2012, at age 80, in New London, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Morack Jr., Walter E.
Age 80, of New London, died on Saturday, September 29, 2012 at St. Joseph Residence in New London. He was born on March 14, 1932 in the Town of Liberty, son of the late Walter and Alice (Korth) Morack. On November 3, 1962 he was united in marriage to Donna Sawall at Grace Lutheran Church in Sugar Bush. Walter served his country in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. He owned and operated Morack Siding and Windows in Hortonville for over 30 years. He was a member of Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Hortonville.
He is survived by his wife Donna; children: Diane Weix, Appleton; John Morack, New London; a granddaughter Madeline Weix; siblings: Norbert (Mary) Morack, Hortonville; Glen (Ann) Morack, Hortonville; David (Linda) Morack, New London; Carol (Gerald) Ort, Clintonville; brother-in-law and sister-in-law: Alex (Joyce) Kroening, Marion. He is further survived by four special godchildren: Debbie, Tina, Missy and Jerry; also nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister Elaine, and his mother and father-in-law Alvin and Rosetta Sawall.
The Christian Funeral for Walter will be held on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 11:00 a.m at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Hortonville with Rev. Ralph Rosenberg officiating. Burial will be in Mosquito Hill Cemetery in the Town of Liberty. A visitation for Walter will be held directly at the church on Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. until the time of the service.
The family would like to thank the staff at St. Joseph's Residence for their care and concern of Walter.
Mary Lee Lorenz