F, b. April 21, 1904, d. October 24, 1999
- Birth: Mildred Kraus was born on April 21, 1904 in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on October 24, 1999, at age 95, in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. circa 1908
- Birth: William Kraus was born circa 1908 in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
Phyllis L Kraus
F, b. December 5, 1915, d. October 12, 2014
- Birth: Phyllis L Kraus was born on December 5, 1915 in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Percy J Lindner were married on October 1, 1938.
- Death: Phyllis L Kraus died on October 12, 2014, at age 98.
- Note: Phyllis L. Lindner, age 98, of Brillion, died on October 12, 2014.
She was born on December 5, 1915 in Brillion, daughter of the late Wm. G. and Bianca (Schuler) Kraus. Phyllis was a graduate of Brillion High School, class of 1934. She married Percy J. Lindner, on October 1, 1938. He preceded her in death on February 12, 2013. After high school, Phyllis attended the Appleton Business College, and then she worked at the Fox River Knitting Mills until her marriage in 1938. Later she assumed the role of bookkeeper for the Brillion Dairy. Phyllis was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Brillion where she was also a member of the Ladies' Aide. She volunteered for American Red Cross blood drives. She enjoyed golfing and was a regular bridge player for many years.
Survivors include her sons: Richard (Jane) and John (Pamela), four grandchildren: David (Cheryl) Lindner, Anne Lindner, Jason Lindner, and Abby (Matthew) Lewek, and seven great-grandchildren: Sarah, Natalie, Jack, Andrew, Mackenzie, Anika and Aiden. She was preceded in death by her husband, Percy, three sisters: Mildred Kraus, Eleanor (Michael) Sakalaris and Ethelyn Kraus, and one brother: Melvin (Annette) Kraus.
Funeral Service will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, October 15, 2014 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Brillion. Officiating will be Rev. Ross Henzi. Burial will be in Trinity Lutheran Cemetery in Brillion.
Friends may call at the church on Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. until 10:45 a.m.
Online condolences may be made at www.wieting-funeralhome.com.
F, b. 1919, d. 1925
- Birth: Evelyn Kraus was born in 1919 in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died in 1925, at age ~6.
F, b. circa 1885
- Birth: Flora Pohand was born circa 1885.
- Marriage: She and Robert Schuler were married on September 23, 1908 in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin.
M, b. circa 1844
- Birth: William Plank was born circa 1844 in Prussia.
- Marriage: He and Rose Schinnatzky were married on November 2, 1871 in Schleswig, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. circa 1845
- Birth: Rose Schinnatzky was born circa 1845.
- Marriage: She and William Plank were married on November 2, 1871 in Schleswig, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. August 14, 1845, d. December 20, 1924
- Birth: Charles Plank was born on August 14, 1845 in Prussia.
- Marriage: He and Paulina Ruppenthal were married in 1879.
- Death: Charles Plank died on December 20, 1924, at age 79, in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. January 6, 1856, d. December 19, 1918
- Birth: Paulina Ruppenthal was born on January 6, 1856.
- Marriage: She and Charles Plank were married in 1879.
- Death: Paulina Ruppenthal died on December 19, 1918, at age 62.
Henry F Plank
M, b. October 25, 1848, d. September 13, 1933
Family 2: Maria Kassner (b. December 11, 1858, d. October 15, 1949)
- Birth: Henry F Plank was born on October 25, 1848 in Prussia.
- Marriage: He and Johanna Kruger were married in 1871.
- Marriage: Henry F Plank and Maria Kassner were married in 1908.
- Death: Henry F Plank died on September 13, 1933, at age 84, in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Henry Plank was born in Pomern, Germany, on October 25, 1848. In 1868 he came to America with his parents who settled at Kiel. In 1871 he was married to Johanna Krueger, and the young couple established residence in Sheboygan. After remaining there eight years they removed to a farm in the town of Brillion, a half mile southeast of the village and now owned by Henry Kersten. This became the homestead and the deceased living there until 1906 when Mrs. Plank died. In 1908 he married Marie Mack and the couple moved to Brillion, taking up residence in the home on the corner of South Main and Monroe Street. Here the deceased occupied himself in gardening and possessed a remarkable vigor, even in this declining years was observed on the walks of our city, actively going about his daily chores. His final illness dates back a year and when it became critical a week ago, he was taken to the Appleton hospital.
Mr. Plank was a devout and faithful Lutheran, and as a charter member of the local Lutheran church was instrumental in its founding in 1883.
The deceased in addition to the sorrowing widow is survived by two sons, Henry and George, both of Milwaukee and four daughters, as follows; Mrs. Hermine Fiedler, Brillion; Mrs. Amanda Mossman, Chicago; Mrs. Pauline Pfeffer, Milwaukee and Mrs. Hattie Landry, Wisconsin Rapids. There also were four step-children, Wm. Mack of Brillion, Mrs. Viola Carstensen of Granton, and Mrs. Hildegarde Metnow and Mrs. Lydia Martin, both of Milwaukee. One brother survives, Ferd. Plank of Appleton, and 20 grandchildren and 17 great grandchildren.
The funeral services will be held today from the home and the church. Rev. Martin Sauer will conduct the services and burial will take place in the town cemetery.
Brillion News – Septemb3er 15, 1933.
- Immigration: He immigrated in 1868.
F, b. January 4, 1848, d. July 3, 1906
Family: Henry F Plank (b. October 25, 1848, d. September 13, 1933)
- Birth: Johanna Kruger was born on January 4, 1848.
- Marriage: She and Henry F Plank were married in 1871.
- Death: Johanna Kruger died on July 3, 1906, at age 58.
- Note: Johanna Plank Brillion News July 6, 1906
Mrs. Henry Plank, while on a load of hay in the field last Tuesday, fell from it to the ground and was killed almost instantly. When Dr. Schmidt arrived he declared that her neck had been broken. Decedent was 58 years of age and is survived by a husband and large family with whom, in this sudden bereavement, their large circle of friends sincerely sympathize. The funeral took place this afternoon from the Lutheran church, Rev. Sauer officiating.
F, b. December 11, 1858, d. October 15, 1949
Family 1: August Mack (b. August 12, 1862, d. April 7, 1898)
Family 2: Henry F Plank (b. October 25, 1848, d. September 13, 1933)
- Birth: Maria Kassner was born on December 11, 1858.
- Marriage: She and Henry F Plank were married in 1908.
- Death: Maria Kassner died on October 15, 1949, at age 90.
F, b. 1875, d. 1921
- Birth: Clara Ehnert was born in 1875.
- Death: She died in 1921, at age ~46.
M, b. 1872, d. 1959
- Birth: Emil Schuler was born in 1872.
- Death: He died in 1959, at age ~87.
M, b. circa 1858
- Birth: Ferdinand Plank was born circa 1858 in Prussia.
- Marriage: He and Sybella H Frier were married on October 21, 1880 in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
Sybella H Frier
F, b. circa 1860, d. 1904
- Birth: Sybella H Frier was born circa 1860.
- Marriage: She and Ferdinand Plank were married on October 21, 1880 in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- Death: Sybella H Frier died in 1904.
Albert Daniel Plank
M, b. July 15, 1861, d. April 10, 1909
- Birth: Albert Daniel Plank was born on July 15, 1861 in Prussia.
- Marriage: He and Ida Mathilda Koch were married in 1883.
- Death: Albert Daniel Plank died on April 10, 1909, at age 47, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Union Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
Ida Mathilda Koch
F, b. February 1863, d. February 18, 1914
- Birth: Ida Mathilda Koch was born in February 1863 in Germany.
- Marriage: She and Albert Daniel Plank were married in 1883.
- Death: Ida Mathilda Koch died on February 18, 1914, at age ~51.
- Burial: She was buried in Union Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
M, b. circa 1815
- Birth: Ferdinand Schuler was born circa 1815.
M, b. 1839
- Birth: Ferdinand Schuler was born in 1839 in Germany.
Gottlieb John Schuler
M, b. June 3, 1841, d. January 28, 1925
- Birth: Gottlieb John Schuler was born on June 3, 1841 in Germany.
- Marriage: He and Hannette Bracht were married on November 30, 1899 in Calumet County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: Gottlieb John Schuler and Elizabeth Essman were married on October 13, 1903 in Wood County, Wisconsin.
- Death: Gottlieb John Schuler died on January 28, 1925, at age 83, in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Gottlieb Schuler, whose death we recently announced, was born in Germany in 1841, and came to America in 1867, residing at Kiel, and later moved to Marshfield. Since 1923 he lived at the home of his nephew, Max Schuler. He is survived by one son who resides at Juneau and two daughters, Mrs. Fred Bastian of Kaukauna and Mrs. Peter Baer of Marshfield. Our townsman, Gotlob Schuler is the only brother. The funeral services were conducted at the Max Schuler home. Interment was in the village cemetery.
Brillion News – Feb 6, 1925.
- Immigration: He immigrated in 1867.
F, b. circa 1840
- Birth: Hannette Bracht was born circa 1840.
- Marriage: She and Gottlieb John Schuler were married on November 30, 1899 in Calumet County, Wisconsin.
F, b. circa 1841
- Birth: Elizabeth Essman was born circa 1841.
- Marriage: She and Gottlieb John Schuler were married on October 13, 1903 in Wood County, Wisconsin.