F, b. January 18, 1922, d. January 24, 2013
- Birth: Mildred Corbisier was born on January 18, 1922 in Door County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Peter Verhyen were married on August 23, 1951 in Algoma, Kewaunee Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Mildred Corbisier died on January 24, 2013, at age 91.
- Note: Mildred (Millie) Verhyen was called home to be with her savior on Thursday, January 24, 2013. .
Born January 18, 1922 in a log cabin located in Gardner Township in Door County Wisconsin, to Victor and Emma Corbisier, Mildred lived a full life. She was baptized June 2nd 1922 in Nasaupee, Wisconsin. She attended schools in Door County graduating from Lincoln School in Sturgeon Bay on May 28, 1937.
Mildred was united in marriage to LeRoy Kay on September 12, 1940 in Milwaukee. LeRoy preceded her in death in 1945. Mildred worked for Draeb Jewelers and Bongle's Tavern in Sturgeon Bay where she met her second husband Peter Verhyen. They were married August 23, 1951 in Algoma.
Shortly thereafter, they moved to Sheboygan. While living there, Mildred worked as a Nurse's Aide at Memorial Hospital, as a Presser at Wolf's Laundry and in the factory at K.W. Muth where she retired from in the 1980s.
Mildred loved to dance, party, be with friends and was always available to lend a helping hand. When she was younger, she liked to color portraits with oils and repair jewelry. She always enjoyed fishing, gardening, doing embroidery and puzzles.
She is survived by her daughter, Gretchen (Dennis) of Gainesville, GA; son John (Carol) Verhyen of Madison; son-in-law Ken Mangan of Sheboygan, daughter-in-law Kathy Verhyen of Plymouth; sisters-in-law Frances Ronk of Green Bay and Alice Corbisier of Cudahy; brother-in-law Paul Verhyen of Appleton; grandchildren Kerri Wieskamp, Keith (Mary) Mangan, Kay (John) Kornetzke of Plymouth; Jonathan (Beth) Verhyen of Maryland, Christine Bright of Cottage Grove, WI; Rebecca (Erin John) Sullivan of Gulf Port, Florida; Liz (Mark) Parks, Madison, Dan and Jessica Wangerin, Georgia and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was also preceded in death by her parents, both husbands, sister Jeannette, brother Francis, sister-in law Florence Jacques, son Larry Verhyen and daughter Nancy Mangan.
Visitation will be held at Trinity Lutheran Church (824 Wisconsin Avenue, Sheboygan) at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, January 29 with services following at 11:30 a.m. Burial will be at Greendale Cemetary. .
The family would like to thank the staff of Woodland Manor and Hospice Advantage for their care and dedication as well as members of the various assistance programs who were part of her care.
Please visit www.zimmerfuneralhome.com to send email condolences.
F, b. July 15, 1922, d. September 16, 2015
- Birth: Frances Verhyen was born on July 15, 1922 in Ladysmith, Rusk Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Norbert W Stangel were married on February 5, 1942.
- Marriage: Frances Verhyen and Edward G Ronk were married on February 10, 1990.
- Death: Frances Verhyen died on September 16, 2015, at age 93.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Frances (Stangel) Ronk, 93, Green Bay, died Wednesday, September 16, 2015, at home with her family by her side. She was born on July 15, 1922, in Ladysmith, WI to Francis and Elizabeth (McQuillan) Verhyen.
On February 5, 1942, Frances married Norbert Stangel. He preceded her in death on May 10, 1979. On February 10, 1990, she married Edward Ronk. He preceded her in death in 2008. Frances was a Gold Star Mother for the Vietnam War Veterans. Every ounce of Frances was devoted to her family.
She is survived by her children, Sharon and Michael Gay, Eileen and John Landwehr, Patti and Bill Moran, Duane Stangel, Frank and Patty Stangel, Scott Stangel, Sally and David Mann; son-in-law, Gerald Hanson; 17 grandchildren, 27 great-grandchildren; a brother, Joseph Paul Verhyen; and many Ronk family members.
Frances was also preceded in death by her daughter, Kay Ellen Hanson; her son, Lawrence Stangel; great-grandson, Devon Stangel; brother, Peter (Mildred) Verhyen; sister, Florence (William) Jacques; and sister-in-law, Verona Verhyen.
Friends may call in the Rev. Ken DeGroot Center at St. Willebrord Catholic Church, 209 S. Adams St., from 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday. The Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church with Rev. Andrew G. Cribben O.Praem officiating. Burial will be in the Allouez Catholic Cemetery. Blaney Funeral Home is assisting the family. To send online condolences, please go to www.BlaneyFuneralHome.com.
Frances' family extends a special thank you to the staff of Aurora at Home Hospice for their wonderful care.
Edward G Ronk
M, b. July 9, 1921, d. November 30, 2008
- Birth: Edward G Ronk was born on July 9, 1921.
- Marriage: He and Blanche Coniff were married on August 6, 1955.
- Marriage: Edward G Ronk and Frances Verhyen were married on February 10, 1990.
- Death: Edward G Ronk died on November 30, 2008, at age 87.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: December 2, 2008
Ronk, Edward G.
Edward G. Ronk, 87, Green Bay, passed away on Nov. 30, 2008.
Edward was born on July 9, 1921, in the town of New Denmark, to the late Mike and Frances (Sterletski) Ronk.
He attended Bungalow School Dist. # 4 until graduation. He worked on his father's farm until called to military service.
Edward served his country as a member of the U.S. Army, 5th Army Artillery, serving in the African, Middle Eastern and European theaters, receiving the Good Conduct Medal. He was a former member of the American Legion, Johnson-Hershman Post and the VFW Post 6705, Denmark Community Post.
On Aug. 6, 1955, he married Blanche (Coniff) VanDenHeuvel and she preceded him in death on May 2, 1984.
On Feb. 10, 1990, he married Frances (Verhyen) Stangel.
Upon discharge from the Army Edward worked a few years at Blue Moon Foods, Cheese Plant. Most of Edward's career was spent working as a cement finisher in the construction industry, working for several different contractors, including Froelich Concrete. In later years he worked for the Green Bay School District as a head custodian. After retirement he volunteered at the Green Bay Boys & Girls Club.
Edward will be sadly missed by wife, Frances; stepdaughters, Agnes Van Beynen, Margaret (Gordon) Kane, Dolores Kroll, all Green Bay; Alice Hays, Venice Fla.; Grace (Dalen) Skaletski, Abrams; Kathleen Jauquet, Kay Ellen (Gerald) Hanson, Sharon E. (Mike) Gay, Eileen A. (John) Landwehr, Patricia M. (William) Moran, Sally M. (David) Mann, all Green Bay; stepsons, Clayton A. (Barbara) VanDenHeuvel, Scottsdale, Ariz.; Duane A. Stangel, Green Bay; Frank X. (Patty) Stangel, Green Bay; Scott R. Stangel, Green Bay; sisters, Tracy C. Rehbein, Michicot; Grace M. Novitski, Denmark; 62 grandchildren, many great-grandchildren, as well as many other relatives and friends.
Besides his parents and his first wife, Blanche, he was preceded in death by two stepsons, Lawrence N. Stangel and Andrew A. VanDenHeuvel; sons-in-law, George Van Beynen and Austin Kroll; sister and brother-in-law, Cecelia A. (Melvin) Kolarik; brother and sister-in-law, Henry (Arloene) Ronk; brothers-in-law, Harry Rehbein and Dave Novitski; and one infant brother.
Friends may call at St. Willebrord Catholic Church, 209 S. Adams Street, on Wednesday from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Mass of Christian Burial at the church at 10:30 a.m. with the Rev. Ken De Groot, O. Praem., officiating. Burial at Allouez Catholic Cemetery. Proko-Wall Funeral Home is assisting the family. Online condolences may be expressed at www.prokowall.com.
In lieu of flowers and other expressions of sympathy, a memorial fund has been established in Edward's name. The family would like to thank the staff and nurses of San Luis as well as Dr. Warren for the wonderful care given to Edward.
Florence Irene Verhyen
F, b. March 3, 1926, d. October 30, 2003
- Birth: Florence Irene Verhyen was born on March 3, 1926.
- Death: She died on October 30, 2003, at age 77, in Michigan.
F, b. 1896, d. 1903
- Birth: Cecelia Verhyen was born in 1896.
- Death: She died in 1903, at age ~7.
Henry E Verhyen
M, b. December 1898, d. 1973
Family: Luenn G Lane (b. February 29, 1908, d. October 14, 1975)
- Birth: Henry E Verhyen was born in December 1898.
- Marriage: He and Luenn G Lane were married on September 4, 1930 in Ladysmith, Rusk Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Henry E Verhyen died in 1973, at age ~75.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Luenn G Lane
F, b. February 29, 1908, d. October 14, 1975
- Birth: Luenn G Lane was born on February 29, 1908 in Ladysmith, Rusk Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Henry E Verhyen were married on September 4, 1930 in Ladysmith, Rusk Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Luenn G Lane died on October 14, 1975, at age 67.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Agnes Celia Verhyen
F, b. August 13, 1901
- Birth: Agnes Celia Verhyen was born on August 13, 1901 in Rusk County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and August J Hupman were married on February 10, 1920 in Ladysmith, Rusk Co, Wisconsin.
August J Hupman
M, b. 1899
- Birth: August J Hupman was born in 1899.
- Marriage: He and Agnes Celia Verhyen were married on February 10, 1920 in Ladysmith, Rusk Co, Wisconsin.
John William Diederich
M, b. August 30, 1929, d. March 27, 2005
- Birth: John William Diederich was born on August 30, 1929 in Ladysmith, Rusk Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 27, 2005, at age 75.
Joseph Charles Diederich
James Edward Diederich
M, b. August 15, 1933, d. September 22, 1940
- Birth: James Edward Diederich was born on August 15, 1933 in Bloomer, Chippewa Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 22, 1940, at age 7, in Chippewa County, Wisconsin.
Mary Alice Diederich
Elizabeth Ann Diederich
Francis Anthony Diederich
Shirley Michaels Cunningham
Joseph Charles Kapp
M, b. December 21, 1917
- Birth: Joseph Charles Kapp was born on December 21, 1917 in Ladysmith, Rusk Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on May 9, 1942 in Ladysmith, Rusk Co, Wisconsin.
Orville Walter Kapp
M, b. circa 1725
- Birth: Joannes VanderHorst was born circa 1725.
- Marriage: He and Anna VanGeffen were married on February 9, 1749 in Nuenen, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.