F, b. circa 1902
- Birth: Mildred Buss was born circa 1902.
Mark William Weyland
Barbara Ann Ostrowski
F, b. March 27, 1942, d. April 22, 2011
- Birth: Barbara Ann Ostrowski was born on March 27, 1942.
- Marriage: She was married on June 27, 1964.
- Death: She died on April 22, 2011, at age 69.
- Note: Barbara Ann Kraus, beloved wife, mother and grandmother, age 69, passed away unexpectedly early April 22, 2011. She was born March 27, 1942 to the late Stanley and Grace (Golomski) Ostrowski. On June 27, 1964, she married Robert Kraus, Sr. Barb was a very family oriented person; having put her grandsons before everything. She was very supportive in all that they did. In her free time, she enjoyed playing Bingo and cooking for large amounts of people. She was also very active at St. Timothy Lutheran Church in Menasha, having been a part of the hospitality committee, and cooking for many funerals and youth groups, and visiting for many shut-ins. She will forever be remembered as â€œPrecious.â€ Barb is survived by her husband of 46 years, Bob, Sr.; her children: Jody (Jeffrey) Mainville; Judy (Keith) Peterson; Bobby (Wendy) Kraus, Jr.; seven grandsons: Nicholas, Bryan, and Adam Mainville; Josh (Naomi) and Brett Peterson; Hayden and Jake Kraus; her Godchildren: Mike Waksmonski, Kerri Gullickson, and Kamie Ogden. She is further survived by her sisters: Arlette (Frank) Waksmonski; Mary Jane Briggs; and Sandra (Butch) MacDonald; her mother-in-law Elvira Kraus; and her brothers-in-law: Dennis (Letha) Kraus and Ron (Dottie) Kraus; as well as many special nieces, nephews, and friends. She was preceded in death by her brother, Stanley Ostrowski, Jr.; and father-in-law Elmer Kraus. A memorial service for Barb will be held Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 3:00 P.M. at St. Timothy Lutheran Church, Menasha, Rev. David J. Skarsten officiating. Visitation will be from 11:00 A.M. until the hour of service at church. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in Barbâ€™s name. You will be in our hearts forever and always. Love, Your Family.
M, b. circa 1875
- Birth: Johannes VandenHeuvel was born circa 1875.
James Theodore Jacobs
M, b. June 27, 1916, d. February 12, 2011
- Birth: James Theodore Jacobs was born on June 27, 1916 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 12, 2011, at age 94.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Reverend James T. Jacobs, 94, Green Bay, peacefully passed away on Saturday, Feb. 12, 2011. He was born June 27, 1916, in Appleton, Wis., to the late Peter and Adele (Krohn) Jacobs. He was the 3rd of eight children. Father Jim, as he was lovingly called by most, graduated from Sacred Heart School in 1931. He then attended the Salvatorian Minor Seminary at St. Nazianz, Wis., from 1931 to 1937 and St. Francis Seminary, St. Francis, Wis., from 1937 to 1943. He was ordained at St. John's Cathedral in Milwaukee, Wis., on March 20, 1943. He celebrated his first solemn High Mass at Sacred Heart Church, Appleton, Wis. He was appointed assistant at Corpus Christi Church Sawyer, Wis., from 1943 to 1947 and later on at Most Precious Blood, New London, Wis., from 1947 to 1956.
He was appointed Pastor of St. Mary Church, Marion, Wis., from 1956 to 1966 where he built the church. Father Jim was then appointed Pastor of St Charles Borromeo, Lena, Wis., from 1966 to 1969. In 1969, he was appointed Pastor at St John Evangelist Green Bay, Wis. In 1974, he served as Pastor of St. Joseph Parish, Crandon, Wis., and St Mary Parish Argonne, Wis., and Station of St Michael, Hiles, Wis., until he retired on July 1, 1986.
He celebrated his Golden Jubilee in 1993 and his 60th anniversary as a priest in 2003.
He retired at his lake home, where neighbors could find the "Padre of the Pines" on Hemlock Lake riding his water bike or on the golf course. In the winter he was often seen cross-country skiing or plowing out the drive. Father Jim most recently moved to Grellinger Hall, home for retired priests, a part of the McCormick Home in Green Bay.
Even though he retired in 1986 after 57 years of service, Father Jim still was called upon to celebrate Mass throughout the diocese impacting over 40 parishes with his sense of humor and short homilies.
He is survived by his brother, Walter Jacobs, Green Bay; sister, Sister M. Bernadette OCD Carmelite Nun, Iron Mountain, Mich.; sister-in-law, Betty Jacobs; 18 nieces and nephews, Roger (Mary) Rakowski, Sister Mary Lynn Rakowski D.S.M.P., Dr. Kathryn Jacobs, Mike Jacobs, Joe (Danita) Jacobs, Dorothy Clare Jacobs, Peter Jacobs, Tom (Jane) Jacobs, John (Mary) Jacobs, Sister Mariadele Holy Family Convent, Georgine (Dwight Miller) Jacobs, Joan Jacobs Baruffi, Eugene (Lorraine) Jacobs, Anne (Dan) Jacobs Helgeson, Beth (Ralph) Aschenbrenner, Bernadette (Mike) Kohl, Marie (Mitch) Vande Zande, Jane (Wayne) Klarner; 32 great-nieces and great-nephews; 26 great-great-nieces and great-great-nephews; and many wonderful dear friends and parishioners.
Father Jim was preceded in death by his parents; brothers and sisters, Frances Jacobs, Miriam (Eddie) Rakowski, Roger (Toni) Jacobs, John Jacobs, and Eugene (Mary) Jacobs; sister-in-law, Amy Jacobs; and nephew, Mark Rakowski.
Family and friends may call on Friday, Feb. 18, 2011, at St. Agnes Catholic Church, 1484 Ninth St., Green Bay, from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. with the Reception of the Body Service by the Regional Vicar, Father John Bergstadt at 4 and a prayer service at 7. Visitation will continue on Saturday at the church from 10 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. The Funeral Liturgy, expressing the Catholic faith and hope in the promised glory of the Lord's Resurrection will be celebrated at 11 a.m. on Saturday, at the church, with Bishop Robert F. Morneau as celebrant and Rev. Paul P. Koszarek as homilist. Burial will be in Allouez Catholic Cemetery. Schauer & Schumacher Funeral Home is assisting the family.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established.
Online condolences may be made at: www.schauer-schumacherfuneralhome.com.
Schauer & Schumacher
- Ordination: He was ordained on March 20, 1943 in Priest.
M, b. April 26, 1876, d. February 16, 1943
Family: Delina Provo (b. June 15, 1857, d. January 11, 1920)
- William E VanStiphout (b. March 21, 1902, d. March 21, 1976)
- Raymond VanStiphout (b. 1903, d. 1933)
- Delima Evelyn VanStiphout (b. December 24, 1904, d. June 19, 1969)
- Eva Mary VanStiphout (b. September 12, 1906, d. June 26, 1985)
- Elsie Victoria VanStiphout (b. January 19, 1908, d. November 13, 1990)
- Hellen VanStiphout (b. August 1913, d. September 20, 1914)
- Birth: Peter VanStiphout was born on April 26, 1876 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 16, 1943, at age 66, in Vancouver, Clark Co, Washington.
M, b. December 29, 1837
- Birth: Willem Jansen was born on December 29, 1837 in Neerbosch, Gelderland, Netherlands.
F, b. January 16, 1846
- Birth: Theodora Pierlo was born on January 16, 1846 in Hatert, Gelderland, Netherlands.
M, b. November 12, 1801
- Birth: Jan Janssen was born on November 12, 1801 in Groesbeek, Gelderland, Netherlands.
- Marriage: He and Antonia VanGemert were married on July 4, 1833 in Nijmegen, Gelderland, Netherlands.
F, b. August 23, 1800
- Birth: Antonia VanGemert was born on August 23, 1800 in Neerbosch, Gelderland, Netherlands.
- Marriage: She and Jan Janssen were married on July 4, 1833 in Nijmegen, Gelderland, Netherlands.
M, b. circa 1780
- Birth: Wijnand Janssen was born circa 1780.
F, b. circa 1780
- Birth: Margrita Sillissen was born circa 1780.
M, b. circa 1780
- Birth: Joannes VanGemert was born circa 1780.
F, b. circa 1780
- Birth: Helena Hendricks was born circa 1780.
M, b. circa 1815
- Birth: Martinus Pierlo was born circa 1815.
F, b. circa 1815
- Birth: Maria VanKempen was born circa 1815.