- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
F, b. June 25, 1925, d. January 11, 2015
Family: Cecil O King (b. November 15, 1925, d. February 8, 1965)
- Birth: Bernice Motl was born on June 25, 1925.
- Marriage: She and Cecil O King were married on October 31, 1944.
- Death: Bernice Motl died on January 11, 2015, at age 89.
- Note: Bernice M. King, 89 of Appleton, passed away peacefully on Sunday January 11, 2015 at The Bridges of Appleton.
Bernice was born on June 25, 1925 to Al and Leona Motl. On October 31, 1944 she married Cecil King. Together Bernice and Cecil owned and operated The King Bee Lunch in Appleton and The King Bar in Menasha. Bernice also worked and retired as a bookkeeper from Quaker Bakery in Appleton. Bernice was a long time member of St. Pius Catholic Church where she was active in Widows of Prayer and numerous church activities. Bernice thoroughly enjoyed being with her family. She loved babysitting her grand and great grandchildren who referred to her as Nana Bea. She enjoyed spending time with friends and helping them in any way she could. Bernice had an incredible memory for names, events, dates and especially birthdays. She could always be depended upon for her amazing recall and sharp mind. Bernice's faith in God and time spent in prayer was the focus of her life and the source of her strength.
Bernice is survived by her children Joe King of Madison, WI John (Geri) King of Menasha, WI Janet (Dennis) Coulahan of Fon du Lac, WI; 7 grandchildren Paula King, Madison, Mark (Lisa) King, Appleton, Jennifer King, Menasha, Craig (Torie) King, Appleton, Lana King, Menasha, Eric (Martha) King, Bend, Oregon, Molly King, Madison; 11 great grandchildren, Ryan, Tyler, Megan, Malena, Owen, Meredith, Taryn, Emma, Aidyn, Brynnleigh, Charlie; 1 great great grandson Michael. She is further survived by her sister Eileen Lake, Missoula, MT; 3 sister-in-laws, Fran Motl, Oconomowoc, WI, Nancy Waller, Watertown, WI and Coy Deberry, Holly Springs, MS and her special aunt Meg and uncle Morris, Pleasant Hill, CA along with many other relatives and friends.
Bernice was preceded in death by her husband Cecil, her parents, 2 brothers Dick and Ray Motl, 1 sister Betty Zak, father-in-law Joseph King , mother-in-law, Willie King, brother-in-laws Leroy King, Lindy Zak, John Lake, Edward Hogan, Wilson Golden, Jake Deberry, sister-in-law Floy King.
The funeral liturgy for Bernice will be held on Friday, January 16, 2015 at 11:30am at ST. PIUS X, 500 Marquette St., Appleton, WI with Rev. William Van Dynhoven officiating. A time of visitation will be held from 9:30AM until the time of the service at the church. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com.
The family wishes to thank everyone at The Bridges of Appleton and Heartland Hospice for all the care, compassion and kindness given to Bernice. You will be forever in our hearts Nana Bea.
Paul James King
- Father: Leo J King (b. July 17, 1917, d. February 18, 1986)
- Mother: Ann C Lingl (b. October 5, 1919, d. January 12, 2015)
M, b. March 12, 1930, d. October 14, 2011
- Birth: Eugene King was born on March 12, 1930.
- Marriage: He was married on June 26, 1951.
- Death: He died on October 14, 2011, at age 81.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Eugene King, 81, Kaukauna, passed away at home surrounded by his family, on Friday, October 14, 2011, after a short battle with cancer. He was born on March 12, 1930, to the late Ed and Madge King. Gene was married to Elaine Schaefer sixty years on June 26, 2011.
Gene served in the U.S. Navy during the Korean War and was honorably discharged on December 1, 1953. He was a member of St. Katharine Drexel - St. Mary Church where he had been an usher, communion distributor and served on many committees for the Holy Name Society. Gene was a member of the Knights of Columbus, Kaukauna VFW Electric City Post 3319 and Wrightstown Urban Klister American Legion Post 436. Gene and Elaine owned and operated King's Variety Store in Kaukauna and Little Chute for 35 years. He was proud to have his family involved at their store to teach the values of hard work. During this time in business, he was a very active member of the Kaukauna Business Associations and the Heart of the Valley Chamber of Commerce.
His passion was golfing and he enjoyed playing cribbage or cards with his buddies. Gene was a great Packers fan and attended all their home games for many years. He enjoyed working in his yard and sitting outside visiting with his neighbors and became known as "Grandpa Gene" to all the kids. Gene's genuine love of people brought him many treasured friendships throughout his life. His favorite pastime was spending time with his family, especially his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Gene will be missed by his wife, Elaine King; daughters, Nancy (Dave) Vanderloop; Pat (Steve) Dey and Peggy Edmonds; son, Dan (Lisa) King; grandchildren, Barry (Brenna) Vanderloop and Scott (Morgan) Vanderloop; Greg (Renae) Dey; Corey King and Kristy King, Kelly (Quentin) Hungerford, Andy Dercks and Sam Dercks; great-grandchildren, Paige Dey, Riley and Logan Hungerford, Avalee Stoffel, Hailey Fink and Dominic King; sister, Lenore Ball; sisters-in-law, Ann King and Dot (Gordy) Weyers and brother-in-law, Eugene (Jane) Schaefer. He is further survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his son-in-law, Don Edmonds; brother, Leo King; sisters, Dorothy (Les Luedtke) (Ed) Spierings, Laverne (Norbert) Jansen and Pearl (Wins) Saiberlich; parents-in-law, Bill and Nellie Schaefer.
The funeral liturgy for Gene will be held at 5 p.m. on Monday, October 17, 2011, at ST. KATHARINE DREXEL PARISH - ST. MARY CHURCH, 119 W. Seventh Street, Kaukauna. Fr. Jerry Pastors will be officiating. Interment will take place at the parish cemetery. A visitation will be held at the church from 2 p.m. until the time of mass. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in his name.
Thank you to the wonderful CNA's and nurses from ThedaCare at Home, ThedaCare Hospice and Appleton Medical Center.
Fargo Funeral Home
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Online condolences www.wichmannfargo.com
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from October 15 to October 16, 2011.
Family: Eugene King (b. March 12, 1930, d. October 14, 2011)
Lester H Luedtke
M, b. June 4, 1914, d. January 1, 1972
- Birth: Lester H Luedtke was born on June 4, 1914.
- Marriage: He and Dorothy G King were married on April 12, 1948 in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Death: Lester H Luedtke died on January 1, 1972, at age 57.
F, b. November 22, 1919, d. November 5, 2012
- Birth: Lenore King was born on November 22, 1919 in Hilbert, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Dean J Ball were married on October 17, 1941 in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Death: Lenore King died on November 5, 2012, at age 92, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Lenore Ball of Kaukauna, 93, completed her journey on earth November 5th at Saint Paul Home. Born in Hilbert November 22, 1919, she was the daughter of the late Madge and Edward King. She graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1938 and was married to Dean Ball October 17, 1941. They had celebrated 61 years of marriage. Lenore was a great mother, sister and friend.
Survivors include her daughters; Mary Pebley, Kansas City, MO and Janet Copley, Green Bay, son-in-law, Charles Copley, and three grandchildren; Kristi Pebley, Tampa, Florida, Jason and Andrew Copley, Green Bay, her sisters-in-law Elaine King and Ann King, along with many nieces, nephews, and special friends Myrna Corpeny, Kansas City and Sheila Ecke, her friend and caregiver. She was preceded in death by her husband, Dean, son Richard, her twin sister, Lavern Jansen, brothers Leo and Gene KING, sisters Dorothy Spierings and Pearl Saiberlich, brothers-in-law Glenn Ball, Norbert Jansen, Wins Saiberlich, Ed Spierings and Les Luedtke.
Lenore was employed as a cashier at the Rialto Theater. She later worked at Kaukauna Club Cheese, and King Variety Store.
She was an active member of Holy Cross Parish serving as Eucharistic Minister, a member of the Holy Cross Welcome Committee and of the Cursillo Movement. She lead the Parish Visitation Program visiting parish members in nursing homes. Lenore especially enjoyed being a Prayer Partner for children preparing to make their First Holy Communion. She served on the board of AARP Area Chapter 1834 and received, along with Dean, the AARP National Community Service Award.
Lenore enjoyed tending her flower gardens and passed this love on to her children. She liked to spend time with her many friends and her Irish humor brightened the day for people around her. . She was the spirited life-of-the-party at Canal Place apartments and understood the importance of doing something "just for fun" every day. She will be missed by many… and welcomed by those who have gone before her.
The funeral liturgy for Lenore will be held on Monday, December 10, 2012 at HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH, 309 Desnoyer St. at 11:00 AM with Fr Tom Pomeroy officiating. The funeral liturgy will include a memorial to her son Richard, who passed away on November 4, 2012 in Texas. Interment will be in the Holy Cross Cemetery. A time of visitation will be held on Monday from 9:30 AM until the time of the mass.
Online Condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com. A scholarship fund will be established for children attending Holy Cross School.
Dean J Ball
M, b. May 2, 1918, d. June 17, 2003
Family: Lenore King (b. November 22, 1919, d. November 5, 2012)
- Birth: Dean J Ball was born on May 2, 1918 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Lenore King were married on October 17, 1941 in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Death: Dean J Ball died on June 17, 2003, at age 85.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Graduation: He graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1936.
M, d. yes
- Death: Michael Ozburn died yes.
Jerome J Dreger
Lynn Ellen Easton
F, b. December 26, 1961, d. June 24, 2004
- Birth: Lynn Ellen Easton was born on December 26, 1961 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on February 7, 1986 in St Margaret Mary Church, Neenah, Winnebego Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on June 24, 2004, at age 42, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.