Kenneth L Corbett
M, b. August 12, 1929, d. April 18, 2013
- Birth: Kenneth L Corbett was born on August 12, 1929.
- Death: He died on April 18, 2013, at age 83.
- Note: Corbett, Kenneth L.
At the age of 83, on April 18th, Ken (Sonny) joined his Heavenly Family, after losing his courageous battle with cancer. He'll be deeply missed by Georgie, his wife of 61 yrs, son Mark Corbett, daughters Dr. Colleen Corbett and Linda Benhardus. Likewise, his legions of friends will miss his unfailing humor, zest for life, and huge heart. His life not only revolved around his devotion to family and friends, but also his passion for Aviation and the Out of Doors. Fortunately, his 35 year career as a Game Warden Pilot allowed him to fully embrace these passions. He ultimately became one of the Midwest's most accomplished "Trail Dragger" Pilots, along with his mastery of many other varieties of aircraft, logging 25,000+ hrs of flight time. Thanks to these abilities, he selflessly rescued many lost and stranded fishermen, hunters and boaters in the most inclement weather imaginable, risking his life in the process. He was rewarded for his heroics with an Award from Governor Tony Earl at his DNR retirement in 1985. He since had been Chief Pilot for JanieGee Aviation. Plus spent as much free time as possible "Living Large" with his buddies at the "40", his beloved acreage near Palonia, WI.
The visitation is at St. Raphael, Sat. 4/27, from 9 to 11 a.m. with Mass following. In leau of flowers, a memorial is preferred.
Fiss & Bills-Poklasny is serving the family.
F, b. July 15, 1930, d. January 10, 1985
- Birth: Jean Corbett was born on July 15, 1930 in Hilbert, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Arnold Norbert Reis were married in 1951.
- Death: Jean Corbett died on January 10, 1985, at age 54.
M, b. April 29, 1915, d. November 17, 1993
- Birth: Carl Melchert was born on April 29, 1915.
- Death: He died on November 17, 1993, at age 78, in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Donald John Birling
M, b. June 6, 1927, d. July 27, 2010
- Birth: Donald John Birling was born on June 6, 1927 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Myrtle Loretta Schmalz were married on September 25, 1948 in St Mary Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: Donald John Birling died on July 27, 2010, at age 83.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Angels Cemetery, Darboy, Wisconsin.
- Note: Donald J. Birling, Menasha, age 83, passed away on Monday, July 26, 2010. He was born on June 6, 1927, in Neenah, son of the late George and Eva (Dietz) Birling. Don was united in marriage to the love of his life, Myrtle Schmalz, on September 25, 1948, and they spent 62 years together before her death on March 28, 2010. He graduated from St. Mary High School in Menasha. Upon graduation, Don entered the U.S. Army, serving his country during the end of WWII. He then went on to Vocational School for one year for TV repair. In 1958, Don started farming dairy and beef cattle, and then horses. Between farming he had worked for Marathon, fixed televisions and then worked for Miller Electric and had retired from there. In his retirement, he and his wife owned and operated Timberlane Corral where they boarded and raised horses. They were also members of the High Cliff Ridge Riders. Snowmobiling, ATV riding and fixing tractors were a couple of the things Don liked to do on his land. He also liked to plant whatever he could find to plant. He had a special talent in playing the guitar. He was a member of the Sherwood Lions and also the Knights of Columbus.
Don will be missed by his loving children: George (Nancy) Birling, Shirley (Randy) Bauman, Kathy (special friend, Michael) Birling, Gary (fiancee, Laurie) Birling, Marilyn (Carl) Lamers, Tim (Bobbi Jo) Birling, Randy (Dawn) Birling, Vicki Weinaug, and Linda (Eddie) Davidson; 26 grandchildren; numerous great-grandchildren; sisters and brothers: Helen Werner, Jerry Birling, Barbara (Jay) Leimer, Dan (Debbie) Birling; sisters-in-law: Evelyn Birling and Sandra Birling; nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
He was also preceded in death by a grandson, Joshua Weinaug; a great-granddaughter, Lauren Bauman; brothers: Bob and Lenny Birling; a brother-in-law, Bud Werner; and a sister-in-law, Marge Birling.
A Funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, July 30, 2010, at St. Mary Catholic Church, 528 Second Street, Menasha, with Fr. Paul Radetski officiating. Visitation will be held on Thursday evening, July 29, from 4 until 7 p.m. with a Prayer Service at 7 p.m. at Martens-Laemmrich Funeral Home, 312 Milwaukee Street, Menasha. Visitation will again be on Friday morning from 9:30 a.m. until the time of the service at the church. Interment will take place at Holy Angels Cemetery in Darboy.
Light a candle in
memory of Don at:
Myrtle Loretta Schmalz
F, b. May 30, 1927, d. March 28, 2010
- Birth: Myrtle Loretta Schmalz was born on May 30, 1927 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Donald John Birling were married on September 25, 1948 in St Mary Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: Myrtle Loretta Schmalz died on March 28, 2010, at age 82.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Angels Cemetery, Darboy, Wisconsin.
- Note: March 29, 2010
Birling, Myrtle L.
Myrtle Loretta Birling, 82, Menasha, passed away very peacefully Sunday morning, March 28, 2010, with family at her side. Myrtle was born May 30, 1927, in Appleton, daughter of the late Walter and Gertrude (Sturn) Schmalz. She was united in marriage to Donald Birling on Sept. 25, 1948, at St. Mary Catholic Church, Menasha.
Myrtle's passion was her children and grandchildren, and in her spare time she was employed at Margaurites of Menasha, and Kings Variety in Little Chute. Along with her husband, Don, they owned and operated Timberlane Corral, a horse boarding stable. She enjoyed horseback riding, playing board games, cards and crocheting. Myrtle's greatest joy was her family and she loved spending time with her grandchildren. Her home was a very welcoming place for all the neighborhood children.
She was a faithful member at St. Mary Catholic Parish and St. Francis Xavier Fraternity of Menasha.
In addition to her husband of 62 years, Don, Myrtle is survived by her nine children, George (Nancy), Shirley (Randy) Bauman, Kathy, Gary (fiancee, Laurie), Marilyn (Carl) Lamers, Tim (Bobbi Jo), Randy (Dawn), Vicki Weinaug and Linda (Eddie) Davidson; 26 grandchildren, many wonderful great-grandchildren, numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Myrtle is preceded in death by a half-brother, Elmer Schmalz; two half-sisters, Almira and Marion Schmalz; a grandson, Joshua Weinaug; and her nephew, Mickey Kryszak.
A Funeral Mass for Myrtle will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, March 31, 2010, at St. Mary Catholic Church, 528 Second Street, Menasha. Fr. Paul Radetski will officiate. Friends and family may call to Martens-Laemmrich Funeral Home on Tuesday, March 30, 2010, from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. with a prayer service beginning at 7:30 p.m. and again at the church on Wednesday from 10 a.m. until the time of service. Myrtle will be laid to rest at Holy Spirit Cemetery, Darboy.
Myrtle's family would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the staff and caregivers at Cherry Meadows Hospice and Theda Clark Medical Center for all their wonderful care and support.
Light a candle in memory
of Myrtle at:
M, b. January 21, 1931, d. May 18, 2014
- Birth: Gerald Birling was born on January 21, 1931 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Marge J Hanson were married on December 11, 1954.
- Death: Gerald Birling died on May 18, 2014, at age 83, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: Gerald G. Birling, age 83 passed away on Sunday, May 18, 2014, at Theda Clark Medical Center. He was born on January 21, 1931 in Neenah, the son of the late George and Eva (Dietz) Birling. He graduated form St. Mary High School in Menasha. On December 11, 1954 he was united in marriage to Marge Hanson, their marriage was blessed with seven children. Gerald proudly served our country in the Army during the Korean Conflict. He was a pressman for over 40 years with American Can/James River. Gerald was a lifelong member at St. Mary Catholic Church and a member of the Knights of Columbus. He enjoyed watching the Chicago Cubs in the summer and the Packers in the fall. Gerald enjoyed golfing and bowling. He loved going to his grandchildren's sporting events.
Gerald is survived by six children: Doug, Deborah (John) Kleinschmidt, David (Beth), Duane (Tammy), Diane (Bill) Tobin and Dean (Shelly) Birling; 12 grandchildren: Mandi (Tim) Groeschel, Scott (Keri) Kleinschmidt, Todd, Shelly, Scott, Kyle, Drew, Chris, Derek, Samantha, Sydney and Madi; 8 great-grandchildren, one brother, Dan (Debbie) Birling, two sisters: Helen Werner and Barbara (Jay) Leimer, one brother-in-law, Bob Jr. (Shirley) Hanson, three sisters-in-law: Sandy Birling, Evelyn Birling and Betty Sadowska; Gerald is also survived by his beloved companion, his dog, Cubby. Further survived by many nieces, nephews and dear friends. Gerald was preceded in death by his wife, Marge, son, Dennis, three brothers: Don, Bob, Len; sister-in-law, Myrtle, and two brothers-in-law, Dick and Bud.
Funeral Liturgy will be held on Friday, May 23, 2014 at 11:30 am St. Mary Catholic Church, 528 Second Street, Menasha. Friends and family may visit at the CHURCH on Friday from 10:00 am until the time of service. Inurnment will take place at a later date at St. Mary Catholic Cemetery, Menasha.
The family would like to thank Dr. Baltz and Dr. Brennen and their staff for all their wonderful care for the past year. Your kindness will never be forgotten.
Marge J Hanson
F, b. December 20, 1932, d. December 3, 2001
- Birth: Marge J Hanson was born on December 20, 1932 in Marshfield, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Gerald Birling were married on December 11, 1954.
- Death: Marge J Hanson died on December 3, 2001, at age 68.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
M, b. October 15, 1935, d. March 13, 2010
- Birth: Leonard Birling was born on October 15, 1935.
- Marriage: He was married on April 28, 1956 in St Mary Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 13, 2010, at age 74, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: March 15, 2010
Birling, Leonard E. "Len"
Leonard "Len" Elmer Birling, 74, Menasha, passed away Saturday evening, March 13, 2010, at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton. Len was born Oct. 15, 1935, to the late George and Eva (Dietz) Birling. He was a graduate of St. Mary High School, Menasha. Len was a member of the Wisconsin National Guard for eight years. He was employed by Marathon Corporation (American National Can Co.) for 42 years, most of that time in the Graphic Arts Division, working as a foreman.
Len loved all sports, was an avid Brewers, Packers and Wisconsin Badgers fan. He coached a winning boys' Little League team for Youth Sports for 11 years and assisted his son, Greg, with girls' softball for three years. Len bowled in many leagues and an accomplishment he was most proud of was having the high average in the Marathon League for some years. He also enjoyed golf and had a passion for country music and his Gibson guitar.
Len is survived by his high school sweetheart, Sandie (Girard) Birling. They were united in marriage on April 28, 1956, at St. Mary Catholic Church, Menasha. In addition to his wife of 53 wonderful years, Len is further survived by his three sons, Gregory (Mary Kay), Steven (Dawn) and Christopher (Connie) Birling. He was the proud grandpa of Angie (Dan) Hermanson, Andy (Nikki), Matthew, Amanda (fiance, Derek Murphy) and Brandon Birling. The new life in Len's family were the two great-grandchildren, Nevaeh and Benjamin Birling. He was looking forward to two new great-granddaughters this summer. Len is also survived by three brothers, Don (Myrtle), Jerry and Dan (Debbie) Birling; two sisters, Helen Werner and Barbara (Jay) Leimer; and a sister-in-law, Evelyn Birling.
Len was preceded in death by his parents, George and Eva; his in-laws, Jerry and Lois Girard; one brother, Robert; a brother-in-law, Bud Werner; and a sister-in law, Marge Birling.
A Funeral Mass for Leonard will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, March 16, 2010, at St. Mary Catholic Church, 528 Second Street, Menasha. Fr. Paul Radetski will officiate. Friends and family may call directly at the church on Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. until the time of service. Leonard will be laid to rest at St. Mary Cemetery, Menasha.
A memorial fund has been established in Len's name.
Len's family would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the staff and caregivers at St. Elizabeth Hospital, especially the Oncology Unit and Dr. Meenakshi Thirunavu, for all their wonderful care and support.
"As a husband and dad, no one can compare. You made our life so very special." Much love, Sandie, Greg, Steve and Chris
Light a candle in memory
of Leonard at:
William P Stumpf
M, b. June 21, 1892, d. May 2, 1986
- Birth: William P Stumpf was born on June 21, 1892 in Darboy, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 2, 1986, at age 93.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
F, d. before May 1986
- Death: Cecilia Eckes died before May 1986.
William John Parker
M, b. February 5, 1942, d. October 14, 2016
- Birth: William John Parker was born on February 5, 1942 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on June 29, 1968.
- Death: He died on October 14, 2016, at age 74.
- Note: Parker, William "Bill"
Passed away October 14, 2016 at Borgess Medical Center. Bill was born in Appleton, WI on February 5, 1942, the son of Sylvester and Margaret (Fisher) Parker. He worked at the family-owned Peoples Laundry and Dry Cleaners until his move to the Kalamazoo area with ServiceMaster, where he worked at Borgess Medical Center, and then Kohl's in customer service. He was a veteran of Vietnam, having served in radio relay as a corporal in the United States Marine Corps. Bill enjoyed taking courses through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at WMU; he was a member of Catholic Order of Foresters, as well as the Knights of Columbus. He had a great love for all beasts, feathered and furry, especially his pal at home, Sidney. Bill was preceded in death by his parents, and his brother, Thomas. He is survived by his wife Joanne, whom he married June 29, 1968; 3 children: Joseph & Jennifer Parker of Paw Paw, Jeanne Parker and Sarah Parker, both of Kalamazoo; grandchildren: Geoffrey (Sarah) Parker, Sean and Ian McConnell, Gavin and Rowan Parker; sister-in-law: Carole Parker; aunts: Laurie Fisher and Bernie Fisher; nephew: Steve (Kris) Parker; niece: Kathleen (Travis) Jones, as well as their children; and many cousins. Bill was especially close with his cousin Marian Behrent, whom he considered as his big sister. Friends will be received Thursday, Oct.20, 2016 at the Parchment - Redmond Funeral Home, 2300 East G. Ave., 269.343.6156 from 4 until 8pm. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday Oct. 21, 2016 at 11am at St. Ambrose Catholic Church, Father Kevin Covert Celebrant. Burial will be in Ft. Custer National Cemetery. Memorials may be made to Cat Nap Lodge (9027 M-43, Richland, MI, 49083), Holy Transfiguration Skete: Society of Saint John (6559 State Highway M26, Eagle Harbor, MI, 49950), or St. Joseph's Indian School (PO Box 326, Chamberlain, SD, 57326).