Jean E Maas
F, b. December 17, 1923, d. February 25, 2008
- Birth: Jean E Maas was born on December 17, 1923.
- Death: She died on February 25, 2008, at age 84.
- Note: February 28, 2008
Pilarski, Jean E.
Jean E. Pilarski, nee Maas born December 17, 1923, passed away February 25, 2008, at Charlotte Regional Medical Center Hospital. She joined her Lord in heaven and Gertrude and Joseph Maas, her parents; her sadly missed son Michael Jr. and her only sister Isabelle Oakley who will teach her to dance again.
Jean will be missed on earth by her husband, Michael Sr.; her children: James (Jane) Pilarski of Menasha, Wisconsin, and Mary (Donald) Cavanagh of Port Charlotte, FL. Her grandchildren Jeremy (Patti) and Joseh Pilarski will miss her encouraging words and the goodies always found in her freezer. Madisen Mae, her only great-grandchild will learn about her from family and not have the pleasure her personal stories. There are many nieces and nephews to pass on the story of her life.
Jean was a member of St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church where services will be held at a later date. Interment will be at St. John's Cemetery, Menasha, WI, at a later date. May She Rest in Peace.
Arrangements by Paul Schelm Funeral Home, 2675-A Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte. Phone 941-625-3535.
Family: Jean E Maas (b. December 17, 1923, d. February 25, 2008)
Thomas Walter Gillespie
M, b. circa 1875
- Birth: Thomas Walter Gillespie was born circa 1875.
- Marriage: He and Nellie VanHeuklon were married on June 19, 1897.
Genevieve K Stingle
F, b. April 26, 1913, d. February 27, 2008
- Birth: Genevieve K Stingle was born on April 26, 1913 in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Joseph James Thurner were married on August 26, 1939.
- Death: Genevieve K Stingle died on February 27, 2008, at age 94, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: February 28, 2008
Thurner, Genevieve K.
Genevieve K. Thurner, 94 of Appleton, passed away on February 27, 2008 at Franciscan Care surrounded by her loving family. She was born on April 26, 1913 to Edward and Agnes (Hofacker) Stingle in Black Creek. She married the love of her life, Joseph Thurner on August 26, 1939. Genevieve worked for many years at Zwickers Knitting Mill sewing gloves. She was also a long time member of the Christian Mothers Group of St. Pius X Catholic Church.
Genevieve is survived by her son, Daniel (Carolyn) Thurner, Menominee Falls; daughters: Mary Ann (Dennis) Pritzkow, Pewaukee; Linda Lou (Donald) Pergolski, Neenah; her sister, Marie Jedwabny; grandchildren: Jay (Maypa), Jason (Michelle) and Leah Thurner, Brian Pritzkow, Gail (Jon) Steidl, Brittany (Jay) Meagher and Jamie Pergolski, great-grandchildren: Aubrey, Alexa and Braydon Steidl, Brandon and Arielle Reyes.
She will be met in Heaven by her mother, father and husband, Joseph, brother Rufus Stingle, sisters: Martha and Arline Griesbach, grandchild Joshua Pergolski and other family members.
Funeral services for Genevieve will be held at St. Pius X Catholic Church, 500 W. Marquette St. Appleton, on Saturday, March 1, 2008, with visitation beginning at 9 a.m. and service starting at 11 with Fr. Thomas Farrell officiating. Burial will take place at St. Josephs Cemetery, Appleton.
Valley Funeral Home
2211 N. Richmond St.
Appleton, WI 54911
"Serving as would be Served."
Joseph James Thurner
M, b. February 12, 1912, d. January 27, 1975
- Birth: Joseph James Thurner was born on February 12, 1912 in Tigerton, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Genevieve K Stingle were married on August 26, 1939.
- Death: Joseph James Thurner died on January 27, 1975, at age 62.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Daniel E Thurner
Mary Ann Thurner
F, b. May 7, 1837
- Birth: Helena Hoffacker was born on May 7, 1837 in Veen, Rheinland, Germany.
- Marriage: She and Joannes Maassen were married on October 10, 1861 in Veen, Rheinland, Germany.
Marie Margaret Stingle
F, b. February 18, 1922, d. July 11, 2010
- Birth: Marie Margaret Stingle was born on February 18, 1922 in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and David J Jedwabny were married on May 12, 1956 in St Therese Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Marie Margaret Stingle died on July 11, 2010, at age 88, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: Marie Jedwabny, Menasha, aged 88, passed away on Sunday, July 11, 2010, at St. Elizabeth Hospital, Appleton. She was born in Black Creek on February 18, 1922, to the late Edward and Agnes (Hofacker) Stingle. Marie graduated from Appleton High School in 1940, she was employed by the Institute of Paper Chemistry. She married David Jedwabny on May 12, 1956, and spent 54 loving years together. She enjoyed gardening, cooking, playing the piano, and music. Marie was a member of the St. John Rosary Society.
Marie is survived by two children: Jenifer Jedwabny and Joel Jedwabny; nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by one brother; Bud; three sisters: Martha, Genevieve, and Arlene.
The Funeral Service will be held on Friday, July 16, 2010, 11 a.m. at St. John Catholic Church, 516 DePere St., Menasha, with Father Paul Radetski officiating. Friends and Family will be received Friday, at the church from 10 a.m. until the time of service. Interment will take place at St. Mary Cemetery, Menasha.
A special thank you to Pat Draeger for regularly visiting Marie
Light a candle in
memory of Marie at:
David J Jedwabny
M, b. September 30, 1924, d. November 21, 2014
- Birth: David J Jedwabny was born on September 30, 1924 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Marie Margaret Stingle were married on May 12, 1956 in St Therese Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: David J Jedwabny died on November 21, 2014, at age 90, in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: David J. Jedwabny, age 90, passed away peacefully on Friday, November 21, 2014, at Oakridge Gardens Nursing Center in Menasha. On September 30, 1924, David was born in Menasha to the late John B. and Louise (Zielinski) Jedwabny. He was united in marriage to Marie Stingle on May 12, 1956 at St. Therese Catholic Church in Appleton; she preceded him in death. David had lived in Menasha, graduating from Menasha High School and later graduating from Lawrence University. He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy serving during WWII. Upon graduation from Lawrence University, he was employed by several different employers, including, FWD in Clintonville and E.A. Dettmann Accounting Firm in Appleton, before being self-employed as a CPA for many years. David enjoyed ice skating, nature and feeding the birds in his back yard. He also liked to go for a Sunday drive and go out to eat.
David will be missed by his two children: Joel and Jenifer; and other relatives and friends.
A Memorial Mass will be held at 11:30 am on Wednesday, November 26, 2014 at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Menasha with Fr. Paul Paider officiating. The Memorial Gathering will be held from 10:00 am until the time of the service at the church. Inurnment will take place at St. Mary Cemetery in the Town of Menasha in the Spring of 2015. In lieu of flowers, a memorial will be established.
Online condolences can be offered at www.wichmannfargo.com
David's children would like to thank the friendly staff at Oakridge Gardens for the loving care and kindness given to their dad.
Arline C Stingle
F, b. March 27, 1909, d. November 5, 2001
- Birth: Arline C Stingle was born on March 27, 1909 in Town of Center, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and John F Griesbach were married on May 29, 1937.
- Death: Arline C Stingle died on November 5, 2001, at age 92.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. circa 1859
- Birth: William Schnell was born circa 1859.
M, b. 1866, d. 1926
- Birth: Andrew Schnell was born in 1866.
- Death: He died in 1926, at age ~60.
- Burial: He was buried in Freedom Moravain Cemetery, Freedom, Wisconsin.
F, b. circa 1861
- Birth: Louisa Schnell was born circa 1861.
F, b. circa 1870
- Birth: Minnie Schnell was born circa 1870.