Mary Jane Aerts
F, b. February 2, 1924, d. April 25, 2005
- Birth: Mary Jane Aerts was born on February 2, 1924 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on April 25, 2005, at age 81, in Naples, Collier Co, Florida.
F, b. November 5, 1925, d. August 30, 2016
- Birth: Yvonne Aerts was born on November 5, 1925 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Ronald J Patton were married on December 21, 1946 in California.
- Death: Yvonne Aerts died on August 30, 2016, at age 90.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Yvonne (Aerts) Patton received her angel wings peacefully on Tuesday, August 30, 2016, with the loving support of her family. Yvonne was born on Nov. 5, 1925 in Green Bay to the late Henery and Mary (Cleven) Aerts. She attended St. Boniface Grade School and graduated from Nicolet High School in 1944.
On Dec. 21, 1946, Yvonne married Ronald Patton in California. Ron passed away on Dec. 6, 1996, just fifteen days short of their 50th wedding anniversary.
Yvonne worked at Fort Howard Paper Mill, Art Beechers, and Golden Bowl. She was an active member with St. Francis Xavier Church in De Pere. She enjoyed bowling, swimming at the YWCA and golfing. Yvonne was an excellent seamstress.
Yvonne is survived by her loving daughters, Pam Vande Hei (significant other, Gary Karnopp);
Janet (Rick) Christl; Amy (Marc) Vander Loop; Jill Clarksen (significant other, Dan Young);
her son-in-law, John Ullmer; 9 Grandchildren; 9 Great Grandchildren; many nieces, nephews, relatives and friends.
In addition to her parents and husband, Yvonne was preceded in death by a daughter, Mary Ullmer; brothers, John Aerts, Pat Aerts, Dave Aerts; sisters, Martha Kersten, Lorraine Martin, Blanche O'Keefe, Florence Van Sistine, Mary Jane Martin and Dorothy Aerts.
A celebration of Yvonne's life will be held at RYAN FUNERAL HOME 305 N. Tenth Street, De Pere, from 3:30 - 7:00 PM on Tuesday September 6, 2016. A Prayer Service will be held at 6:30. Entombment in Allouez Catholic Mausoleum. Please go to www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorials to the Alzheimer's Associationand the De Pere Historical Society would be appreciated.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to the staff of Unity Hospice, Wyndemere Estate and the staff at Ryan Funeral Home for their love and support.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Aug. 31 to Sept. 4, 2016.
Ronald J Patton
M, b. April 18, 1921, d. December 6, 1996
Family: Yvonne Aerts (b. November 5, 1925, d. August 30, 2016)
- Birth: Ronald J Patton was born on April 18, 1921.
- Marriage: He and Yvonne Aerts were married on December 21, 1946 in California.
- Death: Ronald J Patton died on December 6, 1996, at age 75, in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
David E Aerts
M, b. November 15, 1927, d. December 23, 1997
- Birth: David E Aerts was born on November 15, 1927.
- Marriage: He and Orpha Anderegg were married in December 1951.
- Death: David E Aerts died on December 23, 1997, at age 70, in Amberg, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
James Henry Kersten
M, b. October 10, 1943, d. February 18, 2008
Family: Anita W Dorn (b. March 30, 1943, d. November 26, 2016)
- Birth: James Henry Kersten was born on October 10, 1943 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Anita W Dorn were married on January 6, 1964 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: James Henry Kersten died on February 18, 2008, at age 64.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
- Note: February 20, 2008
Kersten, James "Jim"
James "Jim" Kersten, 64, Beaver, died Monday morning, Feb. 18, 2008, at a local hospital. The son of the late Norbert and Martha (Aerts) Kersten was born Oct. 10, 1943, in De Pere. Jim served his country in the U.S. Navy. On Jan. 9, 1964, he married the former Anita Dorn at St. Agnes Church, Green Bay. Jim was a member of the Northeast Wisconsin Accordion Club.
Survivors include his wife, Anita; their children, Barry Kersten and special friend, Joy, Jody and Mike Josephs, Norbert Kersten and special friend, Maria; grandchildren, Jessi, Jamie, Jimmy, Sarah, Stephanie, Mitch, Ashley, and Jon; one great-grandson, Dorian; his siblings, John and Carol, Beaver; Carol and Ron Gossen, De Pere; Paul and Kathy, De Pere; Mike and Bonnie, De Pere; and Mary Kersten and Steve Maes, Green Bay.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Norbert and Martha, and his parents-in-law, Pat and Ruby Dorn.
Friends may call at RYAN FUNERAL HOME, 305 North Tenth Street, De Pere, from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, 2008. Funeral services will be held at 7 p.m. with Deacon Bill Dietrick, from Bellin Pastoral Care, officiating. Burial on Friday at Mt. Calvary Cemetery, De Pere. Please visit www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the Kersten family.
In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, a memorial fund has been established.
Jim always called himself the accordion playing, truck driving tractor man. He will be sadly missed by all who knew and loved him.
Anita W Dorn
F, b. March 30, 1943, d. November 26, 2016
- Birth: Anita W Dorn was born on March 30, 1943.
- Marriage: She and James Henry Kersten were married on January 6, 1964 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Anita W Dorn died on November 26, 2016, at age 73.
- Burial: She was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
- Note: Anita Kersten, 73, our fun-loving mom, grandma and great grandma was called home to heaven November 26, 2016 after a short diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. She was born March 30, 1943. Anita found her soulmate Jim Kersten and was married for 44 years until Jim went to heaven in February 2008. Anita had missed him tremendously.
Together they had three children: Barry Kersten, Jody (Mike) Josephs, and Norb Kersten. There are eight grandchildren and nine great grandchildren.
Anita was an amazing parishioner with Nativity of Our Lord Parish, volunteering her time and friendship. She also volunteered for over seven years at Unity Hospice where she relieved caregivers in their homes and then went on to cleaning the Meng Residence, where it was her goal to make the patients smile or laugh in their end of life stages; it was most rewarding to her.
Anita had always openly expressed that she had lived a good life. She truly lived her dash.
Visitation for family and friends will be on Friday, December 2, 2016 from 10:00 to 11:30 AM at Nativity of Our Lord Parish. Mass of Christian Burial will follow at 11:30 AM with Fr. John H. Harper presiding. Anita will be laid to rest next to Jim at Mt. Calvary Cemetery. Please visit www.ryanfh.com to send condolences to Anita's family.
The family would like to express a sincere thanks to everyone at Unity Hospice. We could not have done it without you.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Nov. 28 to Dec. 1, 2016.
Carol Jean Kersten
F, b. October 31, 1941, d. November 9, 2010
- Birth: Carol Jean Kersten was born on October 31, 1941.
- Death: She died on November 9, 2010, at age 69.
- Burial: She was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
- Note: The world was left a better place because Carol was in it. Carol (Kersten) Gossen passed away peacefully surrounded by family and friends on Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2010.
Family was the most important thing in Carol's life. She was the glue that kept the family together. Carol had a way of always making you feel special, important and valued. Just knowing her made you a better person. She was not only a mother to her children but to her grandchildren and great-grandchildren as well. Above all, Carol was compassionate and forgiving. As many would attest to, she was an angel living among us.
Carol was a devoted wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, sister, friend and neighbor. Carol was born Oct. 31, 1941, to the late Norbert and Martha (Aerts) Kersten. On June 25, 1960, she married Ronald William James Antonio Ruschek Jr. Gossen. That was her first mistake :) Just this past summer they celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.
The most important puzzle piece in our family is now missing. She is sadly missed by her loving husband, Ron, children, Carrie (Arleigh Porter) Gossen, Amy (special friend Tony Kitson) Kakwitch, Tricia (Erik) Paul and Michael (Barbi) Gossen. She is further missed and survived by her grandchildren, Kayla (Daniel Doyen) Gossen, Blake (Amy) Titus, Jeremy (April) Gossen, Luke Titus, Brent Kakwitch, Mico (Paige Kachichian) Kakwitch, Bryce and Mason Paul; great-grandchildren, Colton and Aubrey Doyen. Further survived by her siblings, John (Carol) Kersten, Paul (Kathleen) Kersten, Michael (Bonnie) Kersten and Mary (Steve) Kersten-Maes; sister-in-law, Anita Kersten; Ron's family as well as numerous family and friends.
Our angel has now left to join her son, Todd, and her brother, Jim Kersten.
Friends may call at the Ryan Funeral Home, 305 North 10th Street, De Pere, after 4 p.m. Friday, Nov. 12, 2010, until 6:30 p.m. when a celebration of Carol's life will be held. A committal service will be held at 10 a.m. at Mt. Calvary Cemetery. Please go to www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the family. In lieu of flowers a memorial fund will be established in Carol's name.
Paul Kenneth Kersten
Michael George Kersten
Paul Herbert Flenz
M, b. August 12, 1927, d. February 19, 2008
- Birth: Paul Herbert Flenz was born on August 12, 1927 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Dorothy M Wendt were married on October 5, 1946.
- Death: Paul Herbert Flenz died on February 19, 2008, at age 80, in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Resthaven Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: February 21, 2008
Flenz, Paul Herbert
Paul Herbert Flenz, Menasha, age 80, passed away peacefully at his home on Tuesday, February 19, 2008. He was born August 12, 1927, in Neenah; son of the late Ferdinand and Henrietta (Harder) Flenz. Paul was baptized and confirmed at Trinity Lutheran Church of Neenah. He attended school at Trinity Lutheran and then Neenah High School. Paul left high school early and served his country in the U.S. Navy during World War II. He enlisted on November 25, 1944, and was honorably discharged on July 31, 1946, as a Fireman 1st Class. Paul received his high school diploma in August of 2004. Paul married Dorothy Wendt on October 5, 1946. She preceded him in death on July 22, 2000. He worked for Standard Oil, McClone Construction, and retired from James River.
Paul was a charter member of Bethel Ev. Lutheran Church in Menasha, served on the church council, and as President of the Congregation several times. He also served on numerous church boards and committees and ushered for many years. Paul was on the Board of Directors for Marathon Credit Union and the General Board of Fox Valley Lutheran High School. He was a volunteer at Bethesda where he worked at the Neenah store since its opening. Paul enjoyed hunting, fishing and puttering in his garage. He was proud of the house he built with his friends, family and sons.
Paul was blessed with eight children and is survived by: Nancy; David (Janice) and daughter, Julie; Dennis (Linda) and their children, Joseph, Sara, Jennifer and Michael; Doug (Berny); Dallas; Diann Hildebrandt and son, Brian; Dan (Jayne) and their sons, Ryan and Brandon; Dawn and special friend John Knaack; two brothers: Frank (Eileen) Flenz, Edward (Stella) Flenz; two sisters: Hank (Willy) Lau, Ethel (Jim) Weyenberg; three sisters-in-law: Adeline Marks, Stella Wendt and Jane Wendt; special friends: Karen and Tyler Schnese, Tim Ebbens Family, Chris Ryu, Jay Park, Kyle Kim, and many other relatives and friends.
Paul was preceded in death by a son-in-law, Scott Hildebrandt; and in-laws: Fred (Lena) Wendt, Elmer (Arlene) Wendt, Harvey Wendt, Wallace Wendt, Donald (Gladys) Wendt and Norman Marks.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, February 23, 2008, at Bethel Evangelical Lutheran Church, 829 Appleton Rd., Menasha, with the Rev. Samuel Degner officiating. Visitation will be held at Menasha's Westgor Funeral Home on Friday from 4-8 p.m., and at the church on Saturday from 10 a.m. until the hour of service. Military rites will follow the service performed by the American Legion Post #60 of Kimberly. Interment will be in Resthaven Cemetery.
The family would like to extend a special thanks to Dr. Richard Klamm and staff for their care and support throughout the years.
WESTGOR FUNERAL HOME
1140 Appleton Road
Dorothy M Wendt
F, b. August 19, 1925, d. July 22, 2000
- Birth: Dorothy M Wendt was born on August 19, 1925.
- Marriage: She and Paul Herbert Flenz were married on October 5, 1946.
- Death: Dorothy M Wendt died on July 22, 2000, at age 74.