Phyllis R Steers
F, b. October 24, 1930, d. January 3, 2000
- Birth: Phyllis R Steers was born on October 24, 1930 in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on January 3, 2000, at age 69.
Robert H Kiel
M, b. August 28, 1929, d. January 4, 2012
- Birth: Robert H Kiel was born on August 28, 1929.
- Death: He died on January 4, 2012, at age 82.
- Note: Age 82 died on January 4, 2012 at Colony Oaks Care Center. Bob was born on August 28, 1929 the second son of Henry and Alvina Kiel and raised in Appleton. He married Phyllis (Steers) Kiel and they settled in Kimberly. Bob retired from Riverside Paper Mill. He was a regular at Jerry Kamps Bar and a good cribbage player. He enjoyed his annual musky fishing trips with Russ, Jeff, BJ and Jeremy. He was very proud of all his grandchildren but as a huge Kimberly Papermaker fan he especially enjoyed attending football games to watch Ryan and Brett play.
Bob and Phyllis had four children. Bob is survived by three of his children; Beth (Jeff) Wydeven, Russ (Nicky) Kiel and Barbara Kiel, his daughter in law; Patti McEwen Kiel, a brother Jack (Eleanor) Kiel, sisters-in-law Bernice ( Jerry) Quella, and Ingrid ( Tom) Steers and brother-in-law, Ron ( Joyce) Steers, his eight grandchildren, Robert Kiel Jr., Katie Kiel, Jeremy (Angie) Linberg, Brandon Linberg, Hannah Wydeven, Ross Wydeven, Ryan Kiel and Brett Kiel as well as numerous nieces, nephews, and great nieces and nephews.
Bob was preceded in death by his parents, Henry and Alvina Kiel, his brother and sister in law, Larry and Margaret Kiel, his wife Phyllis Kiel, his son Robert Kiel Jr. as well as in-laws, Richard Steers, Gert and Cletus Hurst, Frank and Anna Mae Hubers and Roger Steers.
The family wishes to thank the staff of Colony Oaks Care Center and ThedaCare Hospice.
The family will have a private service with no memorial established. We ask that you go do something kind for someone in Bob's memory.
Heart of the Valley
101 N. Elm Street
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from January 7 to January 8, 2012.
M, b. November 26, 1815, d. November 3, 1901
- Birth: Michael Finnegan was born on November 26, 1815 in Ireland.
- Death: He died on November 3, 1901, at age 85, in Hollandtown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Census: He was enumerated on the census of 1860 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. circa 1820, d. 1889
- Birth: Sarah Finnegan was born circa 1820.
- Death: She died in 1889.
- Census: She was enumerated on the census of 1860 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Patrick Edward Gallagher
M, b. 1790, d. 1860
Family: Mary Mulloy (b. June 15, 1800, d. December 21, 1886)
- Birth: Patrick Edward Gallagher was born in 1790 in Donegal, Ireland.
- Death: He died in 1860, at age ~70, in Donegal, Ireland.
F, b. June 15, 1800, d. December 21, 1886
- Birth: Mary Mulloy was born on June 15, 1800 in Donegal, Ireland.
- Death: She died on December 21, 1886, at age 86, in South Dakota.
M, b. circa 1905, d. May 5, 1961
- Birth: Harold Titel was born circa 1905.
- Marriage: He and Hallie Peterson were married in 1925.
- Death: Harold Titel died on May 5, 1961.
F, b. February 7, 1908, d. July 27, 2004
- Birth: Hallie Peterson was born on February 7, 1908.
- Marriage: She and Harold Titel were married in 1925.
- Death: Hallie Peterson died on July 27, 2004, at age 96, in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Obit. Green Bay Press Gazette 7-29-2004 Hallie M. Titel, 96, De Pere died Tuesday, July 27 2004, at Rennes Nursing Home. Hallie was b orn Feb. 7, 1908, in Belle Plaine Township daughter of the late Royal and Augusta (Herzfelbt ) Peterson. She married Harold Titel in 1925. He preceded her in death on May 5, 1961. Halli e was Brown Countyâ€™s pioneer woman bus driver. From 1930 to 1944 she owned and operated the f irst school bus in East De Pere and Wrightstown. From 1940 to 1953 she and Harold owned and o perated the Buzz Inn in Greenleaf. Hallie was a chef from 1953 until her retirement in 1987 a t the Towne and Country Supper Club on Riverside Dr. in Allouez. She was also a lifelong memb er of the De Pere VFW Auxillary.
Hallie is survived by two sons, Roy, Boulder Junction; and Russell (Nancy), Wrightstown; on e daughter Alana Kloes, St. Paul Minn.; 17 grandchildren, Joann (Pat) Watt, Mike (Anne) Titel , Robert Titel, Barbara Townsend, Patti (Tom) Shlief, and Kathy Wimmer, all of Green Bay; Joh n (Margie) Titel, Boulder Junction; and Dave (Linda) Kloes Jr., Karen (friend Charlie Lentsch ) Sokola, Tom (Denise) Kloes and Jack (Nancy) Kloes, all of St. Paul Minn.; Lisa (Ed) Piontek , Green Bay; Scott Titel, Kimberly; Brian (Nancy) Titel, Pleasant Prairie; Kevin Titel, Wrigh tstown; Anthony (Lisa) Titel, Brillion; and Michelle Titel, Little Chute; five step-grandchil dren, Ruth Ann Wimmer, St. Paul; Ken Collins, Green Bay; Vicki (Dennis) Schultz, Green Bay; B onnie (Robert) Seidel, Iowa; and Steve (Kerri) Schmelter, Georgia; 25 great-grandchildren, te n great-great-grandchildren; and one sister-in-law, Ruth Peterson, Shawano.
Hallie was preceded in death by her parents, husband, three daughters-in-law, Carol Titel, Ar lene Titel, and Anne Titel; one son-in-law, David Kloes; three brothers, Duain, Roger and Ale x; and one sister, Lucia.
Friends may call at RYAN FUNERAL HOME, 305 N. 10th, De Pere, Saturday, July 31, from 1 p.m. u ntil time of service. Services will be held at 4 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home with Fathe r Bob Kabat officiating. Burial will follow in Greenwood Cemetery. To express online condolen ces go to www.ryanfh.com.
Hallieâ€™s family would like to express a special thank you to the staff at Rennes Health Cente r for their compassionate care.
F, b. July 16, 1931, d. May 6, 2009
- Birth: Alana Titel was born on July 16, 1931 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on May 6, 2009, at age 77, in Minnesota.
- Note: May 10, 2009
Alana Kloes, 78, St. Paul, Minn., died Wednesday, May 6 , 2009, in Minnesota. The daughter of the late Harold "Buzz" and Hallie (Peters) Titel was born on July 16, 1931, in Green Bay, Wis. She married David Kloes, Sr., and he preceded her in death. They had lived in the St. Paul area for many years.
Survivors include children, Karen (Charlie) Lentsch, Dave, Jr., (Linda) Kloes, Tom (Denise) Kloes, John "Jack" (Nancy) Kloes; four grandchildren; two brothers, Roy Titel, Boulder Junction; and Russell (Nancy) Titel, Wrightstown. She was preceded in death by her husband and parents.
Visitation is Sunday, May 10, 2009 (today), at Bradshaw Funeral Home, 1078 Rice Street, St. Paul, Minn., from 5 to 8 p.m. Funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with burial in Fort Snelling National Cemetery. Please visit www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the Kloes Family.
David Herman Kloes
M, b. July 3, 1926, d. June 14, 1999
- Birth: David Herman Kloes was born on July 3, 1926.
- Death: He died on June 14, 1999, at age 72.
- Burial: He was buried in Fort Snelling Cemetery, Minnesota.
Jonathan Gerard Kleuskens
Connie Ann Kleuskens
M, b. March 28, 1898, d. June 20, 1972
Family: Antoinette Janssen (b. September 23, 1901, d. June 10, 1981)
- Kenneth Kleuskens
- James Kleuskens
- Delores Kleuskens
- Harold Renier Kleuskens (b. March 1, 1923, d. August 21, 1990)
- Donald John Kleuskens (b. August 6, 1924, d. October 31, 1998)
- Melvin Henry Kleuskens (b. July 2, 1926, d. April 25, 1993)
- Elizabeth Jane Kleuskens (b. December 24, 1927, d. May 4, 2008)
- Carl Anthony Kleuskens (b. November 28, 1929, d. June 22, 2009)
- Birth: Theodore Kleuskens was born on March 28, 1898 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 20, 1972, at age 74, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
Elizabeth Jane Kleuskens
F, b. December 24, 1927, d. May 4, 2008
- Birth: Elizabeth Jane Kleuskens was born on December 24, 1927.
- Marriage: She and Howard Gilson were married on October 15, 1949.
- Death: Elizabeth Jane Kleuskens died on May 4, 2008, at age 80.
- Note: May 6, 2008
Gilson, Elizabeth "Bette" Jane
Elizabeth "Bette" Jane Gilson, 80, De Pere, died Sunday, May 4, 2008. She was born Dec. 24, 1927, a daughter of Ted and Nettie Kleuskens. On Oct. 15, 1949, Bette married Howard Gilson. Bette farmed in Greenleaf for 40 years. She was a graduate of UW-Green Bay in 1987 (60 years old), worked at the White Store in De Pere and Green Bay for many years. She also worked at Rennes Nursing Home and volunteered at Bellin Hospital's Heart Center.
Bette is survived by her eight children, Joanne (Bert) Van Norman, Dennis, Glenn (Paula), Tim (Sandy), Jim (Connie), Duane (Tina), Mark, and John (Dawn); 18 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren. She is further survived by her brothers, Carl (Helen) Kleuskens, Ken (Yvonne) Kleuskens, and Jim Kleuskens; sisters-in-law, Anna Jane (Rodney) Verbeten and Dolores Kleuskens; and many nieces and nephews.
Bette is preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Howard; an infant son and daughter; three brothers, Harold (Pearl), Don (Millie), and Mel; and her sister-in-law, Marge Kleuskens.
Friends may call at the RYAN FUNERAL HOME, 305 N. Tenth Street, De Pere, from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday. Visitation will continue after 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Family corner of Lourdes Ave. and Suburban Drive, De Pere, until the Mass of Christian Burial at 10:30 a.m. with Fr. Tim Shillcox, O. Praem., officiating. Please visit www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the Gilson family.
The Gilson family would like to thank San Luis Reflection Unit for all their care and concern. The Family requests in LIEU of flowers a memorial fund will be established.
Carl Anthony Kleuskens
M, b. November 28, 1929, d. June 22, 2009
- Birth: Carl Anthony Kleuskens was born on November 28, 1929 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married in 1950 in Umbarger, Randall Co, Texas.
- Death: He died on June 22, 2009, at age 79, in Amarillo, Texas.
- Burial: He was buried in Umbarger, Randall Co, Texas.
- Note: June 24, 2009
Kleuskens, Carl Anthony
Carl Anthony Kleuskens, 79, died, June 22, 2009, in Amarillo, Texas. Carl was born Nov. 28, 1929, in De Pere, Wis., to Theodore and Nettie Janssen Kleuskens. He was raised in De Pere along with one sister and five brothers. Carl moved in 1949, to Umbarger where he soon met the love of his life, Helen Rose Hoffman. They were married in 1950 in Umbarger and moved to the farm by Dawn in 1951. He was a successful farmer for 45 years.
Carl believed in three primary reasons for living: faith, family, and friends and he lived his life pursuing those beliefs. He was a member of St. Mary's Parish for 60 years. He practiced his faith by serving as a Grand Knight with the Knights of Columbus and was a member of the St. Mary's Parish Financial Council and enjoyed the many friendships he made through the church. He had a very strong belief in family. He will be missed by his children, grandchildren, and great- grandchildren for many reasons, especially his generosity, keen sense of humor, wittiness and teasing nature. He made some very special friends while serving on numerous boards, including First National Bank of Canyon, Wells Fargo, Catholic Life Insurance, Tierra Blanca Soil and Water Conservation District (25 years), Big T Pump, Farmers Elevator of Dawn, Panhandle Milling, Dawn Lions Club, and Deaf Smith County Farm Service Agency.
He was preceded in death by his father, mother, three brothers, Harold, Donald, Melvin, and one sister, Betty.
Survivors include his wife, Helen, of 58 years; son, Dale and wife, Tonya, Dawn; three daughters, Linda Brown and husband, Tommy, Amarillo; Beverly Adcock and husband, Mike, Amarillo; Sandra Whitson and husband, Phil, Amarillo. Carl's grandchildren and great-grandchildren were the reason he lived, they included Shannon Wallace and husband, Clay, Heather Gray, Larissa Henderson and husband, Heath, Tracy Brown, Melissa Metsinger and husband, Jeremiah, Brandon Whitson and wife, Darcy, Gary Brown and wife, Emily, and Brittany Shuffield and husband, Andrew; 10 great-grandchildren, Spencer, Sailor, Sophia, Noah, Haddon, Silas, Madison, Tommy, Taylyn, and Braylee; two brothers, Jim, Waupun, Wis.; Ken and wife, Yvonne, De Pere, Wis.; numerous nieces and nephews that are very dear to the family.
Services 10 a.m. Thursday, June 25, at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Umbarger with Rev. Moses Kallarackal, pastor, officiating. Rosary will be said at 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 24, at Brooks Chapel in Canyon. Burial in St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery Umbarger, Texas.
The family suggests memorials be made to BSA Hospice, P.O. Box 950, Amarillo, TX 79176; The American Heart Association, 6605 I-40 West, Amarillo, TX; The American Cancer Society, 3915 Bell St., Amarillo, TX 79109; or to a favorite charity.
Please sign our online guest registry at www.brooksfuneral.com.
Arrangements by BROOKS FUNERAL DIRECTORS.
Melvin Henry Kleuskens
M, b. July 2, 1926, d. April 25, 1993
- Birth: Melvin Henry Kleuskens was born on July 2, 1926.
- Marriage: He and Dolores Heezen were married on September 25, 1954 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Melvin Henry Kleuskens died on April 25, 1993, at age 66.
Lila May Kaiver
F, b. June 15, 1925, d. yes
- Birth: Lila May Kaiver was born on June 15, 1925.
- Death: She died yes.