Willard D Mikkelsen
M, b. June 3, 1927, d. November 6, 2007
- Birth: Willard D Mikkelsen was born on June 3, 1927 in Chicago, Cook Co, Illinois.
- Marriage: He and Mildred Laura LaPlante were married in 1963.
- Death: Willard D Mikkelsen died on November 6, 2007, at age 80.
- Burial: He was buried in Nicolet Memorial Gardens, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Mildred Laura LaPlante
F, b. August 30, 1926, d. February 5, 2000
- Birth: Mildred Laura LaPlante was born on August 30, 1926 in Town of Scott, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Willard D Mikkelsen were married in 1963.
- Death: Mildred Laura LaPlante died on February 5, 2000, at age 73.
M, b. June 11, 1934, d. January 16, 2015
- Birth: Lowell VanStraten was born on June 11, 1934.
- Marriage: He and Elizabeth J Secor were married on June 29, 1957.
- Death: Lowell VanStraten died on January 16, 2015, at age 80.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
- Note: Lowell C. "Van" Van Straten, 80, Green Bay, passed away on Friday January 16, 2015. He was born June 11, 1934 to the late Elmer and Myrtle (Van Remortel) Van Straten. He married Elizabeth Secor on June 29, 1957 at St. Boniface Church in De Pere. Elizabeth preceded him in death on February 2, 2001. Lowell served in the U.S. Navy, and retired from Wisconsin Public Service Corp. He was a past member of N.E.W. Beagle Club, Fox River Beagle Club and W.P.S. Men's Club and the Quarter Century Club.
He is survived by his children; June (Dave) Amenson, Dale (Wendy) Van Straten, Tony Van Straten, Jerri (Ron) Smith, Debra Van Straten, Dan Van Straten, Don Van Straten, John Van Straten, 13 grandchildren; Brad, Sarah, Carolyn, Brian, Miranda, Charlie, Brooke, Travis, A.J., Krystal, Joe, Alex, Tristen, and his 2 great grandchildren; Noah and Blake. Lowell is further survived by his sister Lois "Jo" (Bill) Ambrosius and his daughter in law Nancy Van Straten, as well as Elizabeth's family and numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his son Gary "Chief' Van Straten, a daughter in law Lynn Van Straten and his brother James (Elizabeth) Van Straten.
Friends may call at the RYAN FUNERAL HOME 305 N. Tenth Street in De Pere from 3 - 6:30pm Tuesday, January 20, 2015. Lowell's service will take place at 6:30pm followed by military honors. Please go to www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the family.
In Lieu of flowers a memorial fund will be established.
Thanks to Unity Hospice, and the Fourth Floor at Bellin Hospital. "Special thanks to my son Don, for taking care of Elizabeth and I".
Elizabeth J Secor
F, b. January 1, 1931, d. February 2, 2001
- Birth: Elizabeth J Secor was born on January 1, 1931.
- Marriage: She and Lowell VanStraten were married on June 29, 1957.
- Death: Elizabeth J Secor died on February 2, 2001, at age 70.
- Burial: She was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
Gary Donald VanStraten
M, b. October 5, 1949, d. November 11, 2007
- Birth: Gary Donald VanStraten was born on October 5, 1949 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on January 15, 1972 in Goshen, Cape May Co, New Jersey.
- Death: He died on November 11, 2007, at age 58, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: November 13, 2007
Van Straten, Gary Donald "Bear" Gary Donald "Bear" Van Straten, 58, Green Bay, died peacefully at home while surrounded by his family Sunday morning, Nov. 11, 2007, after a courageous three-year battle with cancer. Born Oct. 5, 1949, in Green Bay, he is the son of Dorothy Jane (Van Rens) Van Straten and the late Clarence Raymond Van Straten. Gary is a graduate of Green Bay East High School, Class of '68. He faithfully served in the U.S. Coast Guard as a 3rd Class Boatswain Mate from 1970 to 1974, of which he served two years on the old icebreaker, Mackinaw. On Jan. 15, 1972, Gary married Barbara Jean Martin in Goshen, N.J. He worked for two years at Green Bay Correctional Institute. Gary began his 30-year career with the Brown County Sheriff's Department in 1976 and was named "Policeman of the Year" within his first year of service. From 1981 to 1995 he served as a K-9 Officer. Gary retired from the Department as a Lieutenant with the Green Bay/Brown County Drug Task Force in 2005. Gary was an extreme outdoor enthusiast who enjoyed hunting, fishing, going "Up-North" to his retirement home to watch and feed the animals and birds, four-wheeling, and boating on the Peshtigo River. He was also a proud member of the Old Men, Fishermen & Liars Club in Silver Cliff. He is survived by his best friend and wife of 35 years, Barbara; three daughters and sons-in-law, Becky and Robert Lade, Little Suamico; Jessica and Jeremy Maes, Fond du Lac; Amanda and Marc McGovern, Luxemburg; two grandsons, Caleb Maes and Gunar Lade; mother, Dorothy Jane Van Straten, Green Bay; three brothers and sisters-in-law, Scott and Stacy, Tim and Janice, Mark and Michelle Van Straten, all of Green Bay; mother-in-law, Harriet Martin, New Jersey; sister-in-law and spouse, Linda and Edward Maiden, Philadelphia; goddaughter, Sara Frisque, De Pere; many nieces and nephews. He will be sadly missed by his little companion, Bently-Dog. He was preceded in death by his father, Clarence; father-in-law, Harry Martin; and his paternal and maternal grandparents. Friends may call at MALCORE (East) Funeral Home, University Avenue at Baird Street, Thursday from 3 to 8 p.m. Memorial service 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. The family extends a very special thank you to the caring staff of Unity Hospice, especially Kara. In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, a memorial fund has been established at the funeral home in Gary's name. Please visit malcorefuneralhome.com to send online condolences to the family.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Ronald J Smith
M, b. October 5, 1959, d. February 29, 2016
- Birth: Ronald J Smith was born on October 5, 1959 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 29, 2016, at age 56.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ronald, Smith
Ron J. Smith, 56, Ashwaubenon, passed away Monday morning, February 29, 2016 at his home after his two year battle with cancer. He was born October 5, 1959 in Green Bay to the late Rudolph and Shirley Smith. Ron graduated from Wrightstown High School, Class of 1979. Ron was an avid Packers fan, and enjoyed fishing, campfires, being up north, golf trips to Kentucky, and spending time with his kids, family, and friends.
He is survived by his wife Jerri, their children, AJ and Krystal, as well as his special parents, Norb and Sharon VanderLinden. Ron is further survived by his siblings, Marsha (Jeff) DeKeyser; Julie (Matt) Kocha; Louise (Bob) Wacek; Frank Smith; John Smith; and Mike Smith. Further survived by Jerri's family; June (Dave) Amenson; Dale (Wendy) Van Straten; Debbie Van Straten; Dan Van Straten; Don Van Straten; John "Bear" (Jenny) Van Straten; Nancy Van Straten; Jean Van Straten; as well as numerous nieces, nephews, relatives, and friends.
Ron was preceded in death by his parents, in laws; Lowell (Elizabeth) Van Straten, his sister in law Lynn Van Straten, as well as his brothers in law; Gary "Chief" Van Straten and Tony Van Straten.
Friends may call at RYAN FUNERAL HOME 305 N. Tenth Street De Pere after 12:00PM on Friday March 4, 2016. A funeral service celebrating Ron's life will take place at 6:30PM. He will be laid to rest at Mount Calvary Cemetery. Please go to www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the family. In Lieu of flowers a memorial fund will be established.
Thanks to Dr. Clemens, Dr. Pan, Dr. Cutler, and all the nurses who cared for Ron.
I Love You More!
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on Mar. 3, 2016.
- Graduation: He graduated from Wrightstown High School in 1979.
Deborah M VanStraten
Lynn A Bennett
F, b. February 19, 1972, d. February 13, 2009
- Birth: Lynn A Bennett was born on February 19, 1972 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on February 13, 2009, at age 36.
- Note: February 15, 2009
VanStraten, R.N., Lynn A.
Lynn A. VanStraten, R.N., 36, Suamico, died Friday, Feb. 13, 2009. She was born Feb. 19, 1972, to Robert and the late Judy (Cichocki) Bennett in Green Bay.
Lynn was a 1990 graduate of Green Bay West High School and received her Registered Nurse license from the nursing program at NWTC in May of 2008.
On Sept. 18, 1993, she married Dan VanStraten. Since November of 1994, she was a proud employee of Bellin Hospital and was employed for 13 years in the laboratory and most recently as a registered nurse at Bellin Psychiatric Center in the adult unit.
Survivors include her husband, Dan; two sons, Joseph and Alex; her father, Robert Bennett; sisters and brother, Lisa (Patrick) McFarlane, Brian "Dirtball" Bennett and Lori Bennett; her grandparents, Irma Bennett and Arthur and Dorothy Cichocki; her father-in-law, Lowell VanStraten; sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law, June (Dave) Amenson, Dale (Wendy) VanStraten, Tony (Jeannie) VanStraten, Nancy VanStraten, Jerri (Ron) Smith, Debbie VanStraten, Don VanStraten, and John "Bear" (Jenny) VanStraten; nieces and nephews, Brianna Bennett (goddaughter), Brad Amenson, Sarah (Greg) Siefert, Carrie VanStraten, Brian VanStraten, Miranda Jean VanStraten, Charlie VanStraten (godson), Brooke VanStraten, Travis VanStraten, A. J. Smith, Krystal Rose Smith, and Tristen VanStraten; and her protector, Sonic, the kitty.
In addition to her mother, Judy, she was preceded in death by her grandfather, Harold Bennett; her mother-in-law, Elizabeth "Betty" VanStraten; and a brother-in-law, Gary "Chief" VanStraten.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 16, at Lyndahl Funeral Home. Visitation will continue after 9 a.m. Tuesday at St. Jude Catholic Church, 1420 Division Street, where the Mass of Christian Burial will take place at 11 a.m. with Rev. Andrew Kysely officiating. Online condolences may be expressed at www.lyndahl.com.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established for Lynn's "beasty" boys, Joey and Alex.
The Bennett and VanStraten families would like to extend their heartfelt thanks and hugs to the office of Dr. Jon Tammela, the staff at Unity Hospice and Lynn's extended family at Bellin Hospital Laboratory for their care and concern.
Lyndahl Funeral Home
And Cremation Services
1350 Lombardi Avenue