M, b. June 11, 1874, d. September 3, 1953
- Birth: Jacob Munes was born on June 11, 1874 in Grafton, Ozaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Magdaline Weber were married on November 10, 1903 in Ozaukee County, Wisconsin.
- Death: Jacob Munes died on September 3, 1953, at age 79.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. circa 1874
Family: Jacob Munes (b. June 11, 1874, d. September 3, 1953)
- Birth: Magdaline Weber was born circa 1874.
- Marriage: She and Jacob Munes were married on November 10, 1903 in Ozaukee County, Wisconsin.
Shirley Mae Munes
F, b. February 3, 1937, d. May 26, 2013
- Father: Joseph Munes (b. August 13, 1904, d. September 20, 1966)
- Mother: Olive Mischler (b. December 31, 1903, d. October 18, 1939)
- Birth: Shirley Mae Munes was born on February 3, 1937 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Louis R Zierler were married on May 4, 1957.
- Death: Shirley Mae Munes died on May 26, 2013, at age 76.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Zierler, Shirley Mae
Age 76, passed away on Sunday morning, May 26, 2013 at Cherry Meadows Hospice. She was born on February 3, 1937 in Kaukauna, daughter of the late Joseph and Olive (Mischler) Munes. On May 4, 1957, Shirley was united in marriage to Louis Zierler at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Kaukauna. She was a lifelong and faithful member of St. Aloysius Catholic Church in Kaukauna. She enjoyed bowling, gaming at the casinos, and especially her time spent with family. Shirley had been employed by Piggly Wiggly for many years until her retirement.
Survivors include her husband of 56 years, Louis; her five children: Joe (Mary), Sue (Jim) Vanderloop, John (Nona), Paul (Kim), and Mark (Shelley); ten grandchildren: Laura (fiancé Brady), Michael, Amanda, Bryan, and Heather Vanderloop, Brice (Toni) Masters, Ari (Jeremy) Masters-Linsmeyer, Monica Potthoff, Damon Potthoff, and Wyatt Zierler;
A great-grandson, Noble Masters; a sister, Janet Jury; four brothers: Bob (Marilyn) Munes, Reg (Char) Munes, Jim (Deb) Munes, and Mike (Kim) Munes; a sister-in-law, Joyce Munes. She is further survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives, and many friends. Preceding her in death were her parents, her step-mother Cedonia Munes, two brothers: Mel Munes and Gene (Florence) Munes; a brother-in-law, Tim Jury, and her husband Louis's relation.
The Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at ST. KATHARINE DREXEL PARISH @ ST. ALOYSIUS CHURCH, 2401 Main Avenue, Kaukauna with Fr. Jerry Pastors celebrating. Burial will be in St. Mary Cemetery in Kaukauna. Friends may call directly at the church on Wednesday from 1:00 PM until the time of the mass. The Boettcher Family Funeral Home in Kaukauna is assisting the family. www.boettcherfamily funeral.com
The family wishes to thank Dr. Cherkasky, Dr. Bar-Lev, Dr. Krueger, the staff at Martha Sieckman Cancer Center, and the staff of Cherry Meadows for their wonderful care and compassion.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from May 27 to May 28, 2013.
- Graduation: She graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1955.
Louis R Zierler
M, b. October 29, 1931, d. November 16, 2017
- Birth: Louis R Zierler was born on October 29, 1931.
- Marriage: He and Shirley Mae Munes were married on May 4, 1957.
- Death: Louis R Zierler died on November 16, 2017, at age 86.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Louis R. Zierler, Kaukauna, age 86, died Thursday, November 16, 2017 at American Grand Assisted Living. He was born in Alvin on October 29, 1931 to the late Frank and Freida (Schilcher) Zierler. Louis married Shirley Munes at St. Mary Parish in Kaukauna on May 3, 1957. She preceded him in death in 2013 after 56 years of marriage. Louis worked as a machine operator at James River Paper until his retirement in 1991. He proudly served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the Urban Klister American Legion Post 436 in Wrightstown. Louis enjoyed hunting in Alvin and spending time at the family cabin.
Louis is survived by his children: Joe (Mary) of Kaukauna; Sue (Jim) Vanderloop of Kaukauna; John (Nona) of Kaukauna; Paul (Kim) of Manawa; and Mark (Shelley) of Kaukauna; grandchildren: Laura (Brady) Propson, Michael Zierler, Amanda, Bryan and Heather Vanderloop, Brice Masters(Selyne Evers) Ari (Jeremy) Masters-Linsmeyer, Monica (Cole) Carter, Damon Potthoff and Wyatt Zierler; great grandchildren: Colton, Colin, Sam, Ava, Cole Jr., Noble and Stella; and brothers and sisters-in-law: Janet Jury, Joyce, Bob (Marilyn), Reg (Charlene), Jim (Deb) and Mike (Kim) Munes. He is further survived by many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
In addition to his parents, and wife Shirley, Louis was preceded in death by his siblings and in-laws.
Visitation will be held Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at ST. KATHARINE DREXEL PARISH - ST. MARY CHURCH (119 W. 7th St. Kaukauna) from 9:00 a.m. until time of Mass at 11:00 a.m. The Rev. Msgr. James Vanden Hogen will officiate and Deacon Steve Vande Hey will assist. Military rites, conducted by the Urban Klister American Legion Post 436 will immediately follow. Committal St. Mary Cemetery, Kaukauna. To sign the guest book, please visit oconnellfh.com.
Louis' family would like to extend a special thank you to the staff at American Grand Assisted Living, especially Rob and Dr. Demery, and Heidi at Compassus Hospice for their exceptional care.
M, b. February 25, 1825, d. April 9, 1899
Family: Magdalene Acker (b. June 1, 1825, d. October 15, 1894)
- Catherine Mischler (b. circa 1848)
- Caroline Mischler (b. circa 1850)
- Peter Nicholas Mischler (b. April 3, 1855, d. March 1, 1930)
- Magdalene Mischler (b. circa 1857)
- Mary Mischler (b. August 2, 1857, d. April 4, 1940)
- Rosa Magdaline Mischler (b. circa 1859, d. October 10, 1936)
- Anton Mischler (b. 1862, d. July 15, 1874)
- Josephine Mischler (b. April 7, 1866, d. June 24, 1919)
- George A Mitchler (b. September 13, 1866, d. August 19, 1942)
- Frank Mischler (b. September 25, 1868)
- Birth: Peter Mischler was born on February 25, 1825 in Memmelshoffen, Bas-Rhin, Alsace, France.
- Marriage: He and Magdalene Acker were married on September 2, 1847 in Buffalo, Erie Co, New York.
- Death: Peter Mischler died on April 9, 1899, at age 74, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.