M, b. February 8, 1941, d. May 18, 2009
- Birth: James Stepanski was born on February 8, 1941 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 18, 2009, at age 68, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: May 20, 2009
Stepanski, James Robert
James R. Stepanski, Menasha, age 68, passed away on Monday, May 18, 2009, at Theda Clark Medical Center. He was born February 8, 1941, in Appleton, son of the late John and Catherine (Young) Stepanski. Jim married Carol Doering in September of 1963, in Kaukauna. He retired after 35 years of service as a Customer Service Supervisor for the Menasha Utilities. Jim was a past president of the Menasha Athletic Association and he also served on the Menasha Park & Recreation Board. In his younger years he was very active as a pitcher in Fast Pitch Softball. His passion in life was his gardening and growing flowers. Jim loved playing with his grandchildren, fishing and enjoying all that nature had to offer.
Jim is survived by his loving wife, Carol Stepanski; two sons: Jeff (Barb) Stepanski, Scott (Peggy) Stepanski; a daughter, Deb (Marty) Van Krey; four grandchildren: Mason and Madelyn Stepanski, Blayne and Elisabeth Van Krey; a brother, John (Edie) Stepanski; two sisters: Mary (Gene) Piette, Janet Gugala; and best friend Bill Gammey. Jim is further survived by four brothers-in-law: Ron (Nancy) Doering, Rich (Lynn) Doering, Dennis Doering, Leon (Mary) Doering; seven sisters-in-law: Diane (Cy) Schmidt, Nancy (Chuck) Weyenberg, Cathy (Kevin) Kavanaugh, Sue (Mark) Vander Heiden, Linda (Kevin) Wirth, Jane (Terry) Waters, Jean (Steve) Leick; numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
Funeral service will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, May 21, 2009, at Martens-Laemmrich Funeral Home, 312 Milwaukee Street, Menasha. Visitation will be held from 3 p.m. until the time of service at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, a memorial will be established.
Light a candle in
memory of Jim at:
Cathy R Doering
Kevin R Kavanaugh
Linda M Doering
Kevin J Wirth
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Jane Ann Doering
Terrence Vernon Waters
Tessie Bette Williams
F, b. 1891, d. December 1980
- Birth: Tessie Bette Williams was born in 1891.
- Death: She died in December 1980, at age ~89, in Fond du Lac, Fond du lac Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
M, b. August 19, 1946, d. June 7, 2013
- Birth: Ronald Doering was born on August 19, 1946 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on September 4, 1971.
- Death: He died on June 7, 2013, at age 66, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ronald J. Doering, age 66, of White Lake and formerly of Kaukauna, passed away Friday, June 7, 2013, at Bellin Hospital in Green Bay. He was born on August 19, 1946, in Appleton to the late Ralph and Margaret (Kraft) Doering. Ron was united in marriage to Nancy Brautigam on September 4, 1971, and they spent 41 years together. He graduated from Kaukauna High School, Milwaukee School of Engineering, UW-Madison, and proudly served his country in the U.S. Army in Vietnam from 1969 to 1970.
Ron worked for numerous companies and ended with the Department of Defense in Milwaukee. He greatly enjoyed fishing, hunting, amateur "ham" radio, and restoring old radios. Ron loved spending time with his family and friends. He could talk to anyone and often did. He was involved in the American Legion Riders, Patriot Guard, and Rolling Thunder.
Ron is survived by his wife of 41 years, Nancy; sons, Michael (Shelly) Doering and Steven (Amy) Doering; grandchildren, Alexa, Hailey, Carlee, Bryce, Lance, Natalie, and Gabriel; siblings, Carol Stepanski, Richard (Lyn) Doering, Dennis Doering, Leon (Mary) Doering, Diane (Cyril) Schmidt, Nancy (Charles) Weyenberg, Cathy (Kevin) Kavanaugh, Susan (Mark) Vander Heiden, Linda (Kevin) Wirth, Jane (Terry) Waters, and Jean (Steve) Leick. He is further survived by sisters and brothers-in-law, Richard (Sharon) Brautigam, Thomas Brautigam, Mary (Louis) Thein, Susan Brautigam, Ruth (John) Van Meter, Carol (Clifford) Keating, Michael (Kathy) Brautigam, Steve (Marsha) Brautigam; numerous cousins, nieces, nephews, many godchildren, all his ham radio buddies, and many friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Ralph and Margaret Doering; brothers-in-law, James Stepanski and Robert Brautigam; and sister-in-law, Beverly Brautigam.
A memorial service will be held at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 12, 2013, at the WICHMANN TRI-COUNTY CHAPEL, 3212 S. Oneida Street, Menasha, with Pastor Buchanon officiating. A time of visitation will take place at the funeral home from 2:00 p.m. until the time of service. In Ron's memory, a memorial fund has been established.
Silent Key WA9QNN
The family would like to extend a very special thank you to all of the doctors, nurses, and staff members at Bellin Hospital for all of their care and compassion.
- Graduation: He graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1964.
Dennis C Doering
Diane Marie Hermes
F, b. January 26, 1952, d. April 2, 2015
- Birth: Diane Marie Hermes was born on January 26, 1952 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Ronald James Cummings were married on July 31, 1971.
- Death: Diane Marie Hermes died on April 2, 2015, at age 63, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Diane Marie (Hermes) Cummings, age 63, passed away peacefully Thursday, April 2, 2015 surrounded by family at the St. Paul Home in Kaukauna after a yearlong battle with cancer. She was born on January 26, 1952 in Kaukauna, WI. She was the third of 7 children to the late George and Genevieve (Kobs) Hermes. She grew up in Little Chute, WI graduating from Little Chute High School in 1970. Diane married Ronald J. Cummings on July 31, 1971. He preceded her in death in 1991.They were married for 20 years. Being a true people person Diane often worked as a bartender and in retail, most recently in the photo lab at Walmart DePere.
Diane enjoyed spending time with her family and loved birthday parties or a simple cookout in the park. She could pass the day away sharing jokes laughter and stories. She liked camping, fishing, reading, volleyball, pool and playing bingo. Gallivanting about town visiting rummage sales and thrift shops was as favorite pastime. Diane loved to play cards and she got great joy out of teaching people new games, especially her grandchildren.
She will be greatly missed by her two children, daughter, Stacy Cummings of Green Bay and son, Richard (Linda) Cummings of Kaukauna; five grandchildren, Rochelle Perry, Taylor Perry, and Jarod Varelli of Green Bay, Alex Cummings and Jordan Cummings of Kaukauna; sisters and brothers: Linda (Bill Moser) Hermes of Green Leaf, Roger (Cindy) Hermes of Little Chute, JoAnn Hermes of Appleton, Randy (Jean) Hermes of Kimberly, Janet (Phil Johnson) Hermes of Little Chute; brothers in law and sister in law, Mark Cummings of Shiocton, Jeff (Lisa) Cummings of Neenah and Sally Grady of Kaukauna; special friends, Debbie Powell, Carrie Bevers and Nancy Steffens; as well as many, many nieces, nephews, great nieces, great nephews, other relatives and friends.
In addition to her parents and husband Ron, Diane was preceded in death by her father in law and mother in law, Alfred J. and Irene (Gough) Cummings; brother, Jerry Hermes; brothers in law, Robert Cummings and William Cummings; and nephew, Zachary Hermes.
Visitation will be held on Monday, April 6, 2015 at O'CONNELL FUNERAL HOME (1776 E. Main Street, Little Chute) from 3:30 pm until the time of funeral service at 5:30 pm. Deacon George Schraufnagel will be officiating. To sign the guestbook, please visit oconnellfh.com.
The family would like to thank Aurora Baycare Hospice, Affinity Hospice and the staff at St. Paul Home for the wonderful care given to Diane.
- Graduation: She graduated from Little Chute High School in 1970.
Ronald James Cummings
M, b. May 11, 1947, d. October 13, 1991
- Birth: Ronald James Cummings was born on May 11, 1947.
- Marriage: He and Diane Marie Hermes were married on July 31, 1971.
- Death: Ronald James Cummings died on October 13, 1991, at age 44.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Graduation: He graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1965.
Janet Marie Hermes
JoAnn Marie Hermes
Gerald J Hermes
M, b. September 9, 1949, d. April 19, 2009
- Birth: Gerald J Hermes was born on September 9, 1949 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on April 19, 2009, at age 59, in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: April 21, 2009
Hermes, Gerald J. "Gerry"
Gerald J. "Gerry" Hermes, Little Chute, age 59, died at home Sunday, April 19, 2009. He was born in Appleton on September 9, 1949, to the late George J. and Genevieve I. (Kobs) Hermes. After graduating from St. John High School, Gerald served his country in the U.S. Navy on the USS Hepburn. He enjoyed playing darts and pool and was a Green Bay Packers fan. An avid reader, Gerry always enjoyed a good mystery. He also loved doing puzzles and crosswords and spoiling his many nieces and nephews.
Gerald is survived by his sisters and brothers: Linda (Bill Moser), Greenleaf; Diane Cummings, Green Bay; Rodger (Cindy), Little Chute; Joann, Appleton; Randal (Jean), Kimberly; and Janet (Phillip Johnson), Kaukauna; nephews and nieces: William, Dakota, Stephanie, Jennifer and Melody Hermes, Karise (Jeff) Sharenbock), Stacy and Rich (Linda) Cummings, Melissa, Krista and Heather Johnson; and 16 great-nieces and nephews. He is further survived by other relatives and friends.
In addition to his parents, Gerald was preceded in death by his brother-in-law, Ron Cummings and nephews, Zachary Hermes and Phillip Johnson Jr.
A celebration of Gerry's life will be held Thursday, April 23, 2009, at the Lazy Dog Sports Bar & Grill (1441 Arbor Way, Kaukauna) at 2 p.m. Deacon Vincent De Groot will officiate. Military rites conducted by the Jacob Coppus American Legion Post 258 will immediately follow. A time for visiting with Gerald's family will take place after the funeral. For on-line condolences, please visit www.oconnellfuneral services.com.
Gerald's family would like to thank the nurses at Heartland Hospice, as well as the doctors and staff at the Clement J. Zablocki Medical Center and Froedtert Memorial Hospital for the care given to Gerry.
201 E. Main Street
Roger Lee Hermes
Karen S Stuyvenberg