F, b. June 14, 1924, d. July 17, 2005
- Birth: Petronella VanVugt was born on June 14, 1924 in Netherlands.
- Marriage: She and Adrian J Deckers were married in 1948.
- Death: Petronella VanVugt died on July 17, 2005, at age 81, in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
- Note: Deckers, Petronella "Nellie"
Petronella Deckers, formerly of Appleton, age 81, passed away peacefully on Sunday, July 17, 2005 at Park View Health Center in Oshkosh. Nellie was born June 14, 1924 in the Netherlands. She was the daughter of the late John and Elizabeth (Vande Wouw) Van Vugt. She was united in marriage to Adrian Deckers and together they immigrated to the United States in 1956, settling in Appleton to raise their children. Nellie worked at St. Elizabeth Hospital for 16 years, retiring in 1988. She will be remembered as a wonderful and loving wife, mother, grandmother, and great grandmother. Nellie loved her flowers and was a wonderful seamstress.
She will be lovingly missed by her children: Rian (Stan) Yernesek of Coon Rapids, MN; Joseph (Sandy) Deckers of Menasha; John (Merri) Deckers of California; and James (Ann) Deckers of Plover; grandchildren: Amy (Don) Rausch, Eric (Fiance Jessica) Yernesek, Stacy (Fiance Kevin) Deckers, Mary (Fiance Garrette) Deckers, Joe (Fiance Trish) Deckers, Desire and Mike Deckers, Tim, Beth, Jon, and Alex Deckers, great-grandchildren: Brookelyn Yernesek and Enzo Deckers, a sister, Jo Rutten, two brothers: Kees Van Vugt and Felix Van Vugt, a brother-in-law, Rene Deckers, a sister-in-law, Toos Mol and many beloved nieces and nephews.
Nellie was preceded in death by her beloved husband of 39 years Adrian, her parents, granddaughter, Christine Deckers, sisters: Felie Omens, Elizabeth VanEruen, Annie Antonissen, and Marie Snijders, also brothers: Gerard Van Vugt and Jan Van Vugt.
The Mass of Resurrection will be celebrated 10:30 a.m. Thursday, July 21 at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 404 W. Lawrence St., Appleton with Fr. Larry Abler officiating. Nellie will be laid to rest at Riverside Cemetery. Friends may call at the Brettschneider-Trettin-Lederer Funeral Chapel from 4-8 p.m. Wednesday and then directly at the church from 9:30 a.m. Thursday until the time of the service. The prayer service will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday In lieu of flowers a memorial fund has been established.
The family would like to extend a very special thank you to the nurses and staff of Park View Health Center for the loving care they provided our mother.
606 N. Oneida St.
Driessen, Paul John (Silent Key.
- Immigration: She immigrated in 1956.
Carol Dorothy Bayer
F, b. July 15, 1932, d. April 12, 2012
- Birth: Carol Dorothy Bayer was born on July 15, 1932.
- Death: She died on April 12, 2012, at age 79.
- Note: Carol Dorothy Captain, nee: Bayer, age 79, passed away peacefully on Thursday, April 12, 2012. She was born on July 15, 1932, the daughter of the late Carl and Edith (Biesenstein) Bayer. She will be remembered as a loving family member, friend and neighbor who was generous, sharing, kind and giving. Carol loved life and gave her heart to those around her. She retired from James River Paper Company after many years of service to enjoy her home and yard, morning coffee, flowers and tomato plants, the Cubbies and Packers. She will be greatly missed by all whose lives she touched.
Carol is lovingly survived by her son, Gary Hawley (fiancé, Mary Jane Thomas) of Honolulu, Hawaii; sisters: Joan Neuman of Appleton and Claire Zielinski of Appleton; brothers: Carl Bayer of Green Bay and James Bayer of Appleton. Carol is preceded in death by her husband, Tom Captain and sister, Mildred Bayer.
A Funeral Service for Carol will be held at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at the Martens-Laemmrich Funeral Home, 312 Milwaukee Street, Menasha, with Pastor Rich Engel officiating. Friends will be received at the funeral home from 3:00 p.m. until the time of service. Please sign the guestbook and light a candle in memory of Carol at our website.
Leon A Salm
M, b. July 21, 1946, d. February 28, 2015
- Birth: Leon A Salm was born on July 21, 1946 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on June 22, 1968 in Sacred Heart Church, Sherwood, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 28, 2015, at age 68, in Madison, Dane Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Leon A. Salm, age 68, of Princeton, passed away on Saturday, February 28, 2015, at the William S. Middleton Memorial V.A. Hospital in Madison. Leon was born on July 21, 1946, in Appleton, WI, the son of John and Lucille (Luniak) Salm. On June 22, 1968, he married Susan Bangart at Sacred Heart Church in Sherwood, WI. Leon proudly served his country in the U.S. Army from January 29, 1970, to December 18, 1972. He grew up on a farm and was a herdsman for various farms, which he enjoyed. Leon later went into the trucking business owning and operating S&S Trucking of Princeton, where he transported sand, rock, and gravel for other companies. He also plowed snow for many people in the winter. He was a member of the Chilton V.F.W., the Princeton Bowling League. Leon enjoyed hunting, fishing, and helping anyone who would need a helping hand.
Survivors include his wife, Susan Salm of Princeton; his children, Karen (David) Bednarek of Princeton, Jon (Erin) Salm of Neshkoro, Brian (Kelly) Salm of Neshkoro, Lori (Matt) Krueger of Naples, FL, Kevin Salm of Princeton ; 12 grandchildren, Davey, Danny, Taylor, Delaney, Kyle, Brett, Cole, RyLee, Jacob, Connor, Quentin, and Tristan; his mother, Lucille Salm of Chilton; sister, Janice Salm of Kearney, AZ.; other relatives and friends. Leon was preceded in death by his father, John Salm; brother, Jim Salm.
A memorial service and a celebration of the life of Leon A. Salm will be held on Thursday, March 5, 2015, at 3:00 p.m. with a visitation beginning at 1:00 p.m., at the Wachholz and Sons Funeral Home, 303 W. Harvard Street in Princeton. Father William Whalen will be conducting the service. Please visit our website www.wachholzandsons.com to send private condolences to the family.
Family: Leon A Salm (b. July 21, 1946, d. February 28, 2015)
Eric Andrew Olson
Bradley John Olson