Robert Francis Woods
Raymond Casper Langer
M, b. May 28, 1889, d. October 14, 1918
- Birth: Raymond Casper Langer was born on May 28, 1889.
- Death: He died on October 14, 1918, at age 29, in Kenosha, Kenosha Co, Wisconsin.
Mary Beth Woods
Carl W Engerson
M, b. December 13, 1900, d. October 16, 1959
- Birth: Carl W Engerson was born on December 13, 1900 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Mary A Coffey were married in 1946.
- Death: Carl W Engerson died on October 16, 1959, at age 58.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Kaukauna Fire Chief.
Jennifer L Eagle
Crystal M Eagle
Dorothy Marie Krueger
F, b. August 20, 1917, d. August 9, 2007
- Birth: Dorothy Marie Krueger was born on August 20, 1917 in Town of Ellington, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Reuben John Kluess were married on January 11, 1936 in Greenville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Dorothy Marie Krueger died on August 9, 2007, at age 89, in Lake City, Wabasha Co, Minnesota.
- Note: August 11, 2007
Kluess, Dorothy M. Dorothy M. Kluess, age 89, formerly of Greenville, passed away on Thursday, August, 9, 2007, at Lake City Nursing Home in Lake City, Minnesota. She was born on August 20, 1917, in the Township of Ellington, Outagamie County, Wisconsin, daughter of the late Charles & Selma (Thiel) Krueger. On January 11, 1936, she married Reuben Kluess in Greenville. He preceded her in death in 1964. She was a lifelong member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Greenville and was an active member of the ladies aid and church choir. She was a longtime supporter of Fox Valley Lutheran High School in Appleton. She formerly worked at Biggars Motel, Kahlers Motel and Roadstar Motel, all in Appleton.
She is survived by three daughters, Barbara (Clarence) Meyer, Neenah, Norma (Ed) Rutz, Lake City, MN, Patricia (Willard) Fick, Lake City, MN. Two sons, DuWayne Kluess, Menasha, Elwyn Kluess, Appleton. One sister, LaVerne (Harlan) Clark, Appleton. She is further survived by 15 grandchildren, 27 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren.
Besides her husband, Dorothy was preceded in death by a son John and one grandchild.
The Funeral Service for Dorothy will be held at 11:00 a.m. Monday, August 13, 2007, at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Greenville with the Rev. David Scharf officiating. Interment will be in the Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery. Friends may call at the Borchardt & Moder Funeral Home in Hortonville on Sunday from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. and at the church on Monday from 10:00 a.m. until the time of service.
Borchardt & Moder Funeral Home
109 W. Main St. Hortonville
Reuben John Kluess
M, b. April 23, 1906, d. May 30, 1964
- Birth: Reuben John Kluess was born on April 23, 1906 in Greenville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Dorothy Marie Krueger were married on January 11, 1936 in Greenville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Reuben John Kluess died on May 30, 1964, at age 58.
Barbara E Kluess
F, b. November 11, 1932, d. January 10, 2014
- Birth: Barbara E Kluess was born on November 11, 1932.
- Marriage: She and Clarence A Meyer were married on October 4, 1952.
- Death: Barbara E Kluess died on January 10, 2014, at age 81.
- Note: Barbara E. (Kluess) Meyer, age 81 of Neenah, passed away on Friday, January 10, 2014 at Oakridge Gardens.
She is survived by her husband of 61 years, Clarence; children: Christine (Andrew) Hoglund; Brenda Meyer; Dave (Tina) Meyer; son-in-law, James Petersen; by her grandchildren: Andrea (Mark) Bono; Laura and Kevin Hoglund; and Jeffrey Meyer; her sisters: Norma (Ed) Rutz; Pat (Willard) Fick; her brother, Elwyn Kluess; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents: Elsie and Rueben Kluess; her daughter, Nancy Petersen; her brothers: John and DuWayne Kluess; and her step-mother, Dorothy.
Barb enjoyed gardening, canning, and farming with Clarence. She also took part in craft work, ceramics and cake decorating, having done many large wedding cakes. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Neenah and their Ladies' Aide.
The funeral service for Barb will be held at 5:00 P.M. on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at Trinity Lutheran Church, Rev. Tony McKenzie officiating. A visitation will be held at church Tuesday from 2:00 P.M. until the hour of service.
Westgor Funeral Home
205 W. Doty Ave.
Barb's family would like to extend a warm thank you to Oakridge Gardens and their nursing staff for their care and compassion throughout her time there.
Clarence A Meyer
M, b. August 23, 1926, d. October 23, 2015
- Birth: Clarence A Meyer was born on August 23, 1926 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Barbara E Kluess were married on October 4, 1952.
- Death: Clarence A Meyer died on October 23, 2015, at age 89.
- Note: Clarence A. Meyer, of Neenah, passed away on Friday, October 23, 2015, at the age of 89. He was born August 23, 1926 in Neenah, son of the late Arnold and Hilma (Meier) Meyer. As a young man Clarence was pilot of small planes in the area.
He married Barbara Kluess on October 4, 1952 and together they farmed and raised a family in the Town of Clayton. He also worked for Murphy Quarry and H & K Woods until he retired. Clarence helped care for Barb until her death in 2014.
Clarence was always there for his family and friends. He enjoyed hunting and fishing with his son and grandsons. When traveling he always took note of the crops in the fields. Once a farmer, always a farmer.
Clarence is survived by two daughters: Chris (Andy) Hoglund, Brenda Meyer; a son, David (Tina) Meyer; his grandchildren: Andrea (Mark) Bono, Laura and Kevin Hoglund, and Jeff Meyer; and his sister, Verna Zarling; along with many nieces and nephews.
Clarence was preceded in death by his wife, Barbara; a daughter, Nancy; and two brothers: Gary and Ronald Meyer.
The funeral service will be held at 5:00 PM on Wednesday, October 28. 2015 at Trinity Lutheran Church. 407 Oak St., Neenah, with the Rev. Tony McKenzie officiating. The visitation will be held at the church from 3:00 PM until the hour of service. In lieu of flowers a memorial is being established in his name.
Westgor Funeral Home
205 W. Doty Ave.
Clarence was a kind and generous man to everyone he knew. We will miss him deeply.
DuWayne R Kluess
M, b. December 10, 1943, d. April 20, 2008
- Birth: DuWayne R Kluess was born on December 10, 1943.
- Marriage: He was married on September 5, 1970 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on April 20, 2008, at age 64.
- Note: April 22, 2008
Kluess, DuWayne R.
DuWayne R. Kluess, age 64, of Menasha, passed away on Sunday, April 20, 2008. He was born on December 10, 1943, son of the late Rueben and Dorothy (Krueger) Kluess. DuWayne enjoyed hunting and fishing. He was a devout member of Bethel Ev. Lutheran Church, Menasha, and believed strongly in his faith. But most of all, DuWayne loved to spend time with his family.
DuWayne is survived by his children: Sue (Ken) Wallace, Steve (Rhonda) Kluess, Kevin Kluess, three grandchildren: Nicole, Sam, Shawn, three sisters: Barbara (Clarence) Meyer, Pat (Willard) Fick, Norma (Jerry) Rutz and a brother Elwyn Kluess. He is further survived by many aunts, uncles, cousins and numerous friends.
DuWayne was preceded in death by a brother, John.
A funeral service for DuWayne will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, April 24, 2008, at Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church, W7265 School Road, Greenville, with the Rev. Samuel Degner officiating. Visitation will be held from 9 a.m. until the hour of service on Thursday at the church. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be directed to the family.
"Be still and know that I am God..." Psalm 46 : 10
WESTGOR FUNERAL HOME
1140 Appleton Road
LaVerne Ruth Krueger
F, b. January 3, 1928, d. November 20, 2009
- Birth: LaVerne Ruth Krueger was born on January 3, 1928 in Greenleaf, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on May 28, 1949.
- Death: She died on November 20, 2009, at age 81, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: November 21, 2009
Clark, LaVerne R. (Krueger)
LaVerne R. Clark, age 81, of Appleton, passed away at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton, with her loving family by her side, on Friday, November 20, 2009. She was born in Greenleaf, WI, on January 3, 1928, the daughter of the late Charles and Selma (Thiel) Krueger. On May 28, 1949, she married her devoted husband, Harlan Clark. LaVerne graduated from Appleton West High School. In her earlier years, LaVerne was employed at Elm Tree Bakery and Kimberly-Clark. She also belonged to the Chaminade Chorus. She liked word search puzzles, sewing and especially spending time with her many friends and relatives. LaVerne was a wonderful wife and friend to Harlan. She was a loving mother and grandmother. LaVerne had many nieces, nephews and friends, whom she loved and cared for dearly.
LaVerne is survived by her husband, Harlan; sons: Bruce (Laura) Clark of Appleton and Jeffrey (Dawn) Clark of Menasha; grandchildren: Taylor and Jordan, and Ryan, Kaden and Delaney Clark; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her brother, Gordon Krueger; and sisters: Dorothy Kluess, Larraine Peters, Ethel Walker, Eunice Quella and Gertrude Vander Wielen.
There will be a graveside service for LaVerne at 11:30 a.m. on Monday, November 23, 2009, at Appleton Highland Memorial Park, 3131 Richmond St., Appleton, with Rev. Mark Geisthardt officiating.
The family extends a special thank you to Cheryl at Affinity Hospice Care and St. Elizabeth Hospital for their kind and considerate care.
Memorials in LaVerne's name may be given to the charity of your choice.
Wichmann Funeral Home
537 North Superior Street