George M VerHoven
M, b. July 22, 1921, d. August 4, 2007
- Birth: George M VerHoven was born on July 22, 1921 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 4, 2007, at age 86, in Weyauwega, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: August 9, 2007
Ver Hoven, George M. George M. Ver Hoven, age 86, formerly of Oshkosh, passed away on Saturday, August 4, 2007, at Lakeview Manor in Weyauwega. George was born July 22, 1921, in Menasha, the son of the late George and Emmaline (Malenofsky) Ver Hoven. He married Phyllis Heinz, who preceded him in death on July 15, 1990. George had been employed at the mental health facility in Oshkosh, and had become the Mental Health Consultant for the State of WI. He served his country in the U.S. Air Force. George was a member of St. Mary Catholic Church in Oshkosh. He built his own log cabin, doing the electrical and plumbing construction.
George is survived by his three children: Victoria (Drew) Lecher, Naperville, IL; Vanessa (Terry) Bock, Waupaca; Bret (Ewa) Ver Hoven, Middleton; grandchildren; a brother-in-law Edward Mottl; sisters-in-law: Florence Ver Hoven, and Jane (William) Phillips, all of Menasha; nieces and nephews, and his godchildren Connie Podolski and Cindy Straw.
He was preceded in death by his sisters: Lois Zolkowski and Rita Mottl; and his brother Roy Ver Hoven.
Funeral services for George will be held 11:30 a.m. on Monday, August 13, 2007, at Most Blessed Sacrament Parish at the St. Mary's Worship Site, 442 Monroe Street, Oshkosh, with Fr. Joel Sember officiating. Visitation will be held from 10:30 a.m. until the time of service at the church. Entombment will take place in Lake View Memorial Park. Military Rites will be preformed at the cemetery by American Legion William Verhagen Post #60 Honor Guard of Kimberly. A memorial will be established in George's name.
920-722-8252 Menasha, WI
Light a candle in memory of George at
F, d. July 15, 1990
- Death: Phyllis Heinz died on July 15, 1990.
Bret Martin VerHoven
Lois D VerHoven
F, b. January 28, 1925, d. February 12, 1992
- Birth: Lois D VerHoven was born on January 28, 1925 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on February 12, 1992, at age 67, in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Lois D. Zolkowski
329 cleveland St., Menasha
Age 67, passed away on Wednesday, February 12, 1992 at her home following a courageous battle with cancer. She was born January 28, 1925 in Menasha, the daughter of deceased parents George and Emaline Ver Hoven. She is survived by her husband, Richard; a son, Ted and his wife Sue, Apex, North Carolina; a grandson, Nicholas; two grand-daughters: Stephanie and Katie; a sister, Rita (Edward) Mottl, Allenville; two brothers, Roy (Florence) Ver Hoven, Fairfield Bay, Arkansas; Marty Ver Hoven, Oshkosh. She graduated as an Honor Student from Menasha High School and received her B.S. Degree from the Uiversity of Oshkosh in December of 1990. She was preceded in death by a sister-in-law, Phyllis Ver Hoven. There will be no visitation or chruch services. She will be cremated per her request. The Laemmrich Funeral Home is assistng the family.
Rita E VerHoven
F, b. December 29, 1918, d. May 31, 2007
- Birth: Rita E VerHoven was born on December 29, 1918 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Edward J Mottl were married in 1941.
- Death: Rita E VerHoven died on May 31, 2007, at age 88.
Roy G VerHoven
M, b. July 13, 1917, d. November 26, 1996
- Birth: Roy G VerHoven was born on July 13, 1917.
- Death: He died on November 26, 1996, at age 79.
- Burial: He was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
Edward J Mottl
M, b. August 30, 1921, d. October 31, 2012
- Birth: Edward J Mottl was born on August 30, 1921 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Rita E VerHoven were married in 1941.
- Death: Edward J Mottl died on October 31, 2012, at age 91.
- Burial: He was buried in Greenlawn Memorial Park, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Edward J. Mottl, Age 91 passed away on October 31, 2012 at Cherry Meadows. He was born August 30, 1921 in Menasha. He graduated in 1940 from St. Mary's High School. He was employed by, and retired from, the James Rivers Company. He married Rita Ver Hoven in 1941 and shared 65 years of marriage until Rita's death in 2007. Ed served in the Army during World War II and was stationed in Burma with the Army Engineers helping to build the Burma Road.
He is survived by his daughter, Constance (John) Podolski and their daughter, Amy (Scott) Barbu of St. Louis, Missouri; his son, Martin (Barbara Toonen) Mottl and their son, Scott (Sybil) Mottl of Cedarburg, WI, and their daughter Jennifer (Michael) Powell, Appleton, WI.
He is further survived by his two sisters: Marie Liesch & Lucille "Mable" Nash, sister-in-law, Florence Verhoven, great-grandchildren: Emmett, Katerina, Quinn and Parker Mottl, Breanna and Emily Powell and several nieces and nephews.
Ed was preceded in death by parents Mary (Koslowski) and Joseph Mottl, his grandson Eric Podolski, brothers and sisters-in-laws: Sylvester Liesch, Edward Nash, Roy Verhoven, George and Phyllis Ver Hoven, Lois and Richard Zolkowski.
It was Edward's wish to be cremated and to have no memorial service. His ashes will be joined with Rita's and interred at Greenlawn Memorial Park, Neenah, WI.
The family would like to express their appreciation for the kind and loving attention given at both The Heritage and Cherry Meadows by the staff. A special thanks to the hospice workers who made his last weeks comfortable.