Steven John VandenHeuvel
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
Carla Elizabeth Ascencio
Frances Mae Weiland
F, b. May 17, 1952, d. November 10, 2009
- Birth: Frances Mae Weiland was born on May 17, 1952 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on June 25, 1988 in Indianapolis, Marion Co, Indiana.
- Death: She died on November 10, 2009, at age 57.
- Note: November 14, 2009
Weiland, Frances Mae
Fran died at her home in Greenville on November 10, 2009. She was born in Appleton, WI, to Harold and Gerry Weiland on May 17, 1952. Fran graduated from Appleton West High School in 1970 then from UW-Madison with a BA in History in 1974. She was employed by JC Penney Company and long term with AT&T. She was married briefly to Jerry Alvis.
She is survived by her father, sister Cecilia Wiltzius, brother Jim (Ellen) Weiland, her nephews Sam Wiltzius and Ben Weiland, and her special friends The Tabbert Family. Fran was a creative scrap booker and home interior designer. She loved all dogs, especially her border collies, Piper and Doon.
A memorial service for Fran was held on Friday, November 13, 2009, at 6:30 P.M. at WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME, 537 N. Superior St., Appleton, with Fr. Michael O'Rourke officiating. Contributions to the Fox Valley Humane Society in Fran's memory would be appreciated.
The family would like to thank the Outagamie County Sherriff's Department, Coroner, Canine Capers, and the Fox Valley Humane Society.
Wichmann Funeral Home
537 N. Superior St.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Peter Henry Guckenberg
M, b. May 19, 1909, d. March 15, 1996
- Birth: Peter Henry Guckenberg was born on May 19, 1909.
- Marriage: He was married on October 16, 1943 in Holy Name Church, Kimberly, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 15, 1996, at age 86.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Ella Marie Janssen
F, b. January 6, 1928, d. March 20, 1980
- Birth: Ella Marie Janssen was born on January 6, 1928.
- Marriage: She and Richard Michael Benzschawel were married on June 27, 1952.
- Death: Ella Marie Janssen died on March 20, 1980, at age 52.
Larry C Jepsen
M, b. August 12, 1950, d. April 9, 2016
- Birth: Larry C Jepsen was born on August 12, 1950.
- Marriage: He was married on September 6, 1974.
- Death: He died on April 9, 2016, at age 65.
- Note: Larry C. Jepsen, 65, Greenleaf, passed away peacefully on Saturday April 9, 2016 surrounded by his family. He was born August 12, 1950 to the late Esper and Kathryn Jepsen. On September 6, 1974 he married Sharon Benzschawel. Larry was a loving husband, father, grandfather, brother, and friend, who was also a devout Christian whose family always came first. He was the ultimate craftsman and a humble artist who had an unending sense of humor and a selflessness that was given freely to all. Larry will be missed by his beloved Josie.
He is survived by his wife Sharon, children, Kami (Michael) Olson, Tanner (fiancée Jessica Igoe) Jepsen, and granddaughter Ella. Larry is further survived by his siblings, Alyce (Lloyd) Dumke, Minnette (Greg) Gwiazda, Gary (Kathy) Jepsen, and his brother in law Ron (Beth) Benzschawel, as well as numerous nieces, nephews, and countless friends. He was preceded in death by his son Ryan Jepsen, and his brother Kenneth Jepsen.
Friends may call at RYAN FUNERAL HOME 305 N. Tenth Street, De Pere after 4:00PM Tuesday, April 12, 2016. A prayer service will be held at 7:00PM to bring the evening to a close. Visitation will continue after 10:00AM Wednesday at St. Clare Catholic Church, Greenleaf Site, until the Mass of Christian Burial at 12:00PM with Fr. Bob Kabat and Deacon Ken Kabat officiating. Full military honors will be accorded to Larry following Mass. Please go to www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the family.
In LIEU of flowers a memorial fund will be established.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on Apr. 12, 2016.
Robert George Benzschawel
M, b. July 16, 1925, d. March 20, 2011
- Birth: Robert George Benzschawel was born on July 16, 1925 in St John, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Florence Lukaszewski were married on June 15, 1948 in St Mary Church, Greenleaf, Wisconsin.
- Death: Robert George Benzschawel died on March 20, 2011, at age 85.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Hilbert, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Robert George Benzschawel, Sr, age 85, of Hilbert was reunited with the love of his life when the Lord called him home on Sunday March 20, 2011. He was born to Peter and Dorothy (Kloeppel) Benzschawel on July 16, 1925, in St. John. He married Florence Lukaszewski on June 15, 1948, at St. Mary Catholic Church in Greenleaf. He was an active member of St. Mary Catholic Church in Hilbert and church was an important part of his life. Robert worked in a cheese factory for 10 years. He also worked at the Brillion Iron Works for 35 years and farmed for most of his life. Dad enjoyed farm work long after his retirement. He worked as a "home volunteer" for the Salvatorian Center. He had a contagious smile and loved to laugh. Most of all he loved his wife of 61 years, Florence, and he loved and enjoyed his family-from his kids to his great grandchildren.
Survivors include his children; Kathie (Nick) Kesler of Hilbert, Carol (Jerome) Popp of Brillion, Bob (Penny) Benzschawel of Chilton, Pat (Kerry) Kuehl of Brillion, Jean (Tom) Roehrig of Hilbert and Joan (Steve) Texmunt of Potter, 14 grandchildren; Laura (Keith) Riemer, Craig (Darcie) Kesler, Terry Kesler, Jenny (Chad) Eichmeier, Lacie (John) Schuh, Jonah (Jessi) Popp, Hayley Popp (special friend Ryan), Eric (Sara) Benzschawel, Kate Benzschawel, Tara (Sal) Longo, Sam Kuehl (special friend Amber), Kelly (Justin) Anthony, Sara (Jeff) Matzdorf and Chris (John) Zamber, 16 great grandchildren, two sisters; Ruth Kabat of DePere and Bernice (Jim) Boylan of Greenleaf.
Robert was preceded in death by his wife Florence on March 28, 2009, a granddaughter, Emileen Popp, a brother Dick Benzschawel and a sister Marge Huss.
Mass of Christian burial will be at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, March 23, at St. Mary Catholic Church in Hilbert. The Rev. Phillip Dinh Van Thiep and Deacon Steve Vande Hey will officiate. Friends may call at the Wieting Funeral Home in Brillion on Tuesday, March 22 from 4 to 8 p.m. There will be no visitation on Wednesday morning at the church.
The family would like to thank Brillion West Haven, Theda Care Hospice and all the friends that took time to visit our dad.
Ruth Delores Benzschawel
F, b. July 15, 1927, d. June 1, 2016
- Birth: Ruth Delores Benzschawel was born on July 15, 1927 in St John, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Landelin Kabat were married on June 24, 1946 in St Mary Church, Greenleaf, Wisconsin.
- Death: Ruth Delores Benzschawel died on June 1, 2016, at age 88.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ruth Delores Kabat, 88, De Pere, passed away peacefully in the early hours of June 1, 2016. The daughter of Peter and Dorothy (Kloeppel) Benzschawel was born in St. John on July 15, 1927.
On June 24, 1946, Ruth married Landelin "Lan" Kabat at St. Mary Catholic Church in Greenleaf. They raised seven children together. Ruth and Lan welcomed many into their home and cherished the visits from family, friends and neighbors.
Mom loved to be surrounded by her family. She also loved the Packers and Brewers, a good game of cribbage, and any chance she could get to brighten another person's day. A night out with Mom without running into someone she knew was quite unusual! Her love of life and gift of laughter will be treasured by the many lives she touched.
Ruth is survived by her children, Terry (Jeanne) Kabat, Sandie (Tom) Beam, Gary (Nancy) Kabat, Julie (Tim) Byrne, LuAnn (Steve) Peterson, Jeanne (Mark) Kerrigan, and Mary (Jim) Dietsche; grandchildren, Kelly (Lee) Mierow, Krista (Jeff) Kinziger, Karmen (Brian) Wall, Melissa Beam, Angela (Jonathon) Barnett, Aaron (Lindsey) Kabat, Seth (Amanda) Kabat, Brittany (Matt) Cahill, Lance and Logan Byrne, Jesse (April) Peterson, Josh (Alison) Peterson, Kari (Mike) Besel, Keith (Beth) Kerrigan, and Brooke, Katrina and Caleb Dietsche.
She is further survived by her great-grandchildren, Tanner, Tyler, Tatum, Jake, John, Zach, Olivia, Bennett, Owen, Anders, Quinn, Nora, Elsa, Lucy, Cole, Carson, Caden, Carter, Cailey, Michael, Andrew, Blake and Parker; her adopted daughter, Julia (Jim) Norton; sisters-in-law Rosella Nies and Florence Kabat; brother-in-law Jerry Nies; Goddaughters, friends and many other relatives.
Ruth was preceded in death by her husband, Lan Kabat, mother and father, Peter and Dorothy, mother and father in law, Frank and Caroline (Tilkalsy) Kabat, as well as all of her brothers and sisters.
Friends may call at RYAN FUNERAL HOME 305 N. Tenth Street, De Pere, after 3:00pm on Sunday, June 5, 2016. A Prayer Service will be held at 7:00. Visitation will continue at 9:00 AM on Monday, June 6 at St. Francis Xavier Parish, 220 S. Michigan Street, De Pere, until the Mass of Christian Burial at 11:00 AM with Father Richard Getchel and Father Bob Kabat. Entombment will follow at Allouez Catholic Mausoleum. Please go to www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the family.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to their Rennes Family on the 500 Rehab Wing.
We love you, Mom, and miss you dearly.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from June 3 to June 5, 2016.
M, b. December 25, 1923, d. March 27, 1990
- Birth: Landelin Kabat was born on December 25, 1923.
- Marriage: He and Ruth Delores Benzschawel were married on June 24, 1946 in St Mary Church, Greenleaf, Wisconsin.
- Death: Landelin Kabat died on March 27, 1990, at age 66.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. May 17, 1925, d. March 3, 1992
Family: Paul Recker (b. May 31, 1921, d. April 22, 2015)
- Birth: Anne Hubers was born on May 17, 1925 in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Paul Recker were married on September 14, 1946 in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Anne Hubers died on March 3, 1992, at age 66, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Scott Michael Demerath
M, b. March 25, 1932, d. March 9, 1996
- Birth: Clifford Bartelt was born on March 25, 1932.
- Marriage: He and Barbara A Buetow were married on December 23, 1960.
- Death: Clifford Bartelt died on March 9, 1996, at age 63.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Elmer L Steffens
M, b. February 26, 1937, d. December 14, 2015
- Birth: Elmer L Steffens was born on February 26, 1937 in Town of Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on May 5, 1990.
- Death: He died on December 14, 2015, at age 78.
- Note: Elmer L. Steffens, age 78, of Menasha, passed away at St. Elizabeth Hospital on Monday, December 14, 2015. Elmer was born on February 26, 1937, in the Town of Seymour, to the late Henry and Mary (Platten) Steffens. He attended St. Mary Grade School and Appleton West High School. Elmer proudly served his country in the United States Marine Corps from 1955 to 1961. He married Cynthia Farris on May 5, 1990, at Post Lake, Wisconsin. Elmer was a computer analyst employed at IBM, National Cash Register, retiring from Secura Life Insurance Company in 1996.
Survivors include his wife, Cynthia; his children, Tammy (Mike) Janssen; Steven Steffens; Susan Steffens; and his step-daughter, Brenda Martinez; his grandchildren, Jenna and Julia Janssen; Josh Steffens; and Alexandra, Cecilia, and Miguel Martinez; and his great grandson, Thomas Steffens; his sisters, Helen (Phil) Lampert and Mary (Don) Worm; and his brothers, A.J. "Gus" Steffens and Vern (Denise) Steffens. He was preceded in death by his sister, Agnes (Dave) Cooper, his nieces, Cathy and Kelly, and a grandson, Paul; a very special friend, Bill Halfman; and the mother of his children, Mary Ellen Julius Steffens.
Abiding by Elmer's wishes, there will be no formal funeral services. Online condolences may be offered at www.hovcremation.com.
Mary Ellen Julius
F, b. September 19, 1936, d. August 26, 2013
- Birth: Mary Ellen Julius was born on September 19, 1936.
- Death: She died on August 26, 2013, at age 76.
- Note: Mary Ellen Steffens, age 76 of Neenah, passed away late Monday, August 26, 2013 after spending precious time with her family. She was born to the late Harvey and Mina (Schmidt) Julius on September 19, 1936.
Mary Ellen will be remembered as a "Bunko queen" who loved to craft, visit rummage and estate sales, finding treasures that "someone might need this someday." She loved her grandchildren enormously and lived her life for Jehovah. She was an LPN at Appleton Medical Center for many years, and even after retirement was a nurse at heart. Her focus was always to care for others.
Mary Ellen is survived by her three children: Tammy (Mike) Janssen; Steven Steffens; and Susan Steffens; her grandchildren: Joshua (Maggie) Steffens; Jenna and Julia Janssen. She is further survived by her sisters: Sandy Koehn and Joyce Julius; her brother, Roy (Patti) Julius; sister-in-law, Mary Ann; and numerous nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her grandson, Paul Steffens; her sisters: Ruby, Helen, and Dorothy; and her brothers: Robert, Arthur, Donald, Richard, Gilbert, and Jerry.
A memorial service for Mary Ellen will be held at 3:30 P.M. on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at Neenah's Westgor Funeral Home. Friends and family may visit from 1:30 P.M. until the hour of service.
In lieu of flowers, Mary Ellen would wish that you spread kindness and generosity, as she has throughout her life.
Westgor Funeral Home
205 W. Doty Ave.
Mary Ellen's family would like to give a special thank you to Arlene for her spiritual guidance and friendship. Thank you also to the staff at Parkview Health Care Center for their care and compassion.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on August 28, 2013 .
Velma Ann Reimer
F, b. July 6, 1924, d. July 23, 2015
- Birth: Velma Ann Reimer was born on July 6, 1924 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Joseph James Roemer were married on October 7, 1944 in Sioux Falls, Minnehaha Co, South Dakota.
- Death: Velma Ann Reimer died on July 23, 2015, at age 91.
- Note: Roemer, Velma "Val" nee Reimer
Val Roemer, 91, passed away peacefully on Thursday, July 23, 2015 at home with her family. Val was born in Menasha on July 6, 1924, the daughter of the late Gerritt and Hyacinth (Sensenbrenner) Reimer. She attended St. Mary Grade School and then St. Mary High School in Menasha, where she met Joseph Roemer, the love of her life and her beloved husband of 66 years. "If his folks hadn't sent him to St. Mary's in Menasha from Appleton, I wouldn't have met him." They were married in Sioux Falls, South Dakota at the Army Air Field Chapel on October 7, 1944 and embarked on a life journey of fun, love, and laughter together.
Val was a member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church for more than 60 years and enjoyed baking goodies for many parish events. She was employed in Menasha by Marathon Corporation, Marguerite's Gift Shop, Cy Van Vreede's A-OK Hardware Store, and the Bank of Menasha as a teller. She retired in 1981 from the bank to enjoy many years of fun with Joe at the family cabin on Lake Winneconne, traveling around the country, visiting Germany twice, babysitting her two grandsons, and playing cards with her Sheepshead Club for 50+ years. Val was a life-long bicyclist, taking her children on rides in the early years, and biking with the Bike 4 Fun group at the Menasha Senior Center during retirement. She could be seen crossing the Trestle Trail in her later years, enjoying the breeze, sun, water, people, and the freedom of moving along the trail on her bike.
Val will be greatly missed by her children, Chris (Debbie) Roemer, Combined Locks; Jan (Tom) McHugh, Neenah; Ellen (Tuffer) Kunz, Neenah; grandsons, Colin McHugh, Seattle, WA; Casey (Stephanie) McHugh, San Salvador; great-granddaughter Athena McHugh; daughter-in-law Ellen Roemer, Oshkosh; sister Gladys (Jerry) Long, Appleton; brother-in-law Ed Backus, Flint, MI; and many nieces, nephews, and friends.
Val was preceded in death by her dear husband Joe, remarkable son Mark, and sisters Dorothy Backus and Ruth Smith.
A funeral Mass will be held at 11:30AM on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Menasha with Fr. Jim Hablewitz and Mary Krueger, Pastoral Leader, officiating. Family and friends are welcome to gather at the church from 9:30AM until the time of the Mass. A memorial fund is being established for the Loop the Little Lake trail project.
The family wishes to thank staff at ThedaCare at Home Hospice, especially Mary B., for their kind and compassionate care.
Happy Trails, Mom.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Toni Marie Selig
Adrian J VandenAcker
Chelsea Frances VandenAcker
F, b. June 2, 1988, d. July 10, 1988
- Birth: Chelsea Frances VandenAcker was born on June 2, 1988.
- Death: She died on July 10, 1988, at age 0.
- Burial: She was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
F, b. November 20, 1887, d. March 3, 1918
- Birth: Johanna Dekkers was born on November 20, 1887 in Erp, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: She and Johannes Jaegers were married on May 8, 1908 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: Johanna Dekkers died on March 3, 1918, at age 30, in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.