Thomas Daniel VanRooy
M, b. May 4, 1932, d. September 17, 1995
- Birth: Thomas Daniel VanRooy was born on May 4, 1932.
- Marriage: He was married on October 8, 1966.
- Death: He died on September 17, 1995, at age 63.
Steven John VanRooy
Ellen Ruth VanRooy
F, b. December 24, 1921, d. November 23, 2007
- Birth: Ellen Ruth VanRooy was born on December 24, 1921 in Amherst, Portage Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Earl (Babe) LeMay were married on July 3, 1943.
- Death: Ellen Ruth VanRooy died on November 23, 2007, at age 85, in Rhinelander, Oneida Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: November 27, 2007
LeMay, Ellen Ruth Ellen Ruth LeMay, age 85, N8719 E. Pickerel Lake Road, Gleason, passed away November 23, 2007, at St. Mary's Hospital in Rhinelander. Ellen was born December 24, 1921, in Amherst, to Lawrence and Mabel VanRooy. She was married Earl "Babe" LeMay — he passed away in 1967. Ellen spent most of her life in the Appleton area, moving to Weyauwega in 1979, and later to the Harrison area in 2004. She loved singing, cooking, baking, and spending time with her family. She had served as a foster parent for a number of years. She was a member of St. Augustine Catholic Church in Harrison.
Survivors include a daughter, Becky (Gary) Sorcic of Gleason; two sons: Dan (Barb) LeMay of Phoenixville, PA; Brother Andre LeMay, O.F.M. of Las Vegas, NV; a brother, Jack (Kim) VanRooy of Appleton; four sisters: Joan Belowof Neenah; Mildred "Middy" (Hank) Emmers, Gretchen Schoepke, Judy (Ron) Fischerall, of Appleton; three sisters-in-law: Geri VanRooy, Marti VanRooy, Patricia "Pat" VanRooy, all of Appleton. Ellen is further survived by six grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, three brothers: Larry, Tom and David VanRooy; and a sister, Mary Ponschock.
A Mass of Christian Burial for Ellen LeMay will be held at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, November 28, 2007, from St. Augustine Catholic Church in Harrison. Fr. Edward Powell and Michele Rein will officiate. The family will receive friends at the church on Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. until the hour of Mass at 11 a.m. In lieu of flowers, memorials are appreciated to the Franciscan Friars Assumption of the B.V.M. Province, Franklin, Wisconsin.
Krueger & Sons Funeral Home is assisting the family. View the obituary and send online condolences at www.kruegerfamilyfuneral.com.
Earl (Babe) LeMay
M, b. September 27, 1913, d. December 9, 1967
- Birth: Earl (Babe) LeMay was born on September 27, 1913.
- Marriage: He and Ellen Ruth VanRooy were married on July 3, 1943.
- Death: Earl (Babe) LeMay died on December 9, 1967, at age 54, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Joan Margaret VanRooy
Robert Emil Below
M, b. July 5, 1926, d. November 7, 2016
- Birth: Robert Emil Below was born on July 5, 1926.
- Marriage: He was married on March 6, 1952 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on November 7, 2016, at age 90, in Florida.
- Note: Robert E. Below, age 90, North Palm Beach, Florida, passed away November 7th 2016. He was born July 5th 1926 to Clara and Carl Below, deceased. He married Joan Van Rooy, Appleton on March 6th 1952. They had three children, Bob Below (Wendy); Sun Lakes, Arizona, Jayne O'Brien (Mark); Spring, Texas and Sharon Gray (Dan); Neenah.
Robert spent his life on the golf course - 25 years at Ridgway Country Club in Neenah as head Golf Professional, 5 years at Oshkosh Country Club, and year round competition tournament golf and finally as a consultant.
He had seven grandchildren. Caitlin Taylor (Joey); Spring, Texas, Maura Messer (Shane); Nacogdoches, Texas, Adam Goerlitz (Jodi); Appleton, WI, Aaron Goerlitz (Laura); Menasha, WI, Noah Goerlitz (Genevieve); Des Moines, IA, Gretchen Goerlitz; Evergreen, CO, and Stefan Goerlitz; Menasha, WI.
He had six great grandchildren. Maggie, Hazel, and Agnes Goerlitz; Menasha, WI and Isaac, Evan, and Mason Goerlitz; Appleton, WI.
Robert will be laid to rest in Oshkosh Peace Lutheran Cemetery at his parents grave site.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Nov. 11, 2016.
Gretchen Rita VanRooy
F, b. August 12, 1933, d. April 23, 2016
- Birth: Gretchen Rita VanRooy was born on August 12, 1933 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Donald E Schoepke were married on September 19, 1953.
- Death: Gretchen Rita VanRooy died on April 23, 2016, at age 82.
- Note: Gretchen R. Schoepke (VanRooy), age 82, of Appleton, joined her Heavenly Father, surrounded by her loving family, at her home on Saturday, April 23, 2016. She was born on August 12, 1933, in Appleton, the daughter of the late Lawrence and Mable (Droske) VanRooy. Gretchen was united in marriage to Donald E. Schoepke on September 19, 1953; he preceded her in death on June 2, 2006.
Spending treasured time with her family was the most important thing in her life. Gretchen loved camping with her family, playing cards with her sisters, and her ceramic group. She also spent many years volunteering helping children read at Richmond Elementary School---she loved reading. Gretchen spent many years working at Bleier's as a waitress and later worked at the Outagamie County Health Center, where she retired as a CNA.
Survivors include her daughters, Kathy Vaught, Cindy (Greg) Griesbach and Sally (Pat) Morth; her son, Jeff (Diane) Schoepke; her grandchildren, Jamie, Jessica, Adam, Amber (Kevin), Bret, Jacob, Sam, Noah and Hannah; her great grandchildren, Cole, Emma, Cassidy, Cullen and Nathaniel; her sisters, Joan Below, Middy Emmers, Judy (Ron) Fischer; her brother, Jack (Kim) VanRooy; her sisters-in-law, Geri VanRooy and Marti VanRooy; her brothers-in-law, Neil (Barb) Schoepke and Jerry (Toni) Schoepke; her sister-in-law, Carol Schoepke; and her beloved dog, Snickers. She is further survived by numerous nieces and nephews. Gretchen was preceded in death by her loving husband, Don; her sisters, Ellen (Babe) LeMay and Mary (Dan) Ponschock; her brothers, Larry (Pat) VanRooy, Tom VanRooy and David (Gail) VanRooy; her brothers-in-law, Arthur (Doris) Schoepke, Dale Schoepke and Hank Emmers; her sister-in-law, Delores (Dwight) Martin; and her in-laws, Arthur and Alice Schoepke.
The Funeral Liturgy for Gretchen will be at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, April 29, 2016, at ST. BERNADETTE CATHOLIC CHURCH, 2331 East Lourdes Drive, Appleton, with Fr. Donald Zuleger officiating. Friends may call directly at the church on Friday from 10:00 a.m. until the time of services. The family would like to extend a sincere thank you to that staff of the Third Floor Tower at St. Elizabeth Hospital, the staff of Affinity Hospice and Fr. Jim Vanden Hogen for their loving care. A memorial has been established in Gretchen's name. Online condolences may be offered at www.wichmannfargo.com
Mom, you will forever be in our hearts—your loving family
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from Apr. 25 to Apr. 26, 2016.
Donald E Schoepke
M, b. February 19, 1930, d. June 2, 2006
- Birth: Donald E Schoepke was born on February 19, 1930 in Wittenberg, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Gretchen Rita VanRooy were married on September 19, 1953.
- Death: Donald E Schoepke died on June 2, 2006, at age 76.
Mary Elizabeth VanRooy
F, b. May 30, 1925, d. January 29, 1976
- Birth: Mary Elizabeth VanRooy was born on May 30, 1925 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Daniel M Ponschock were married on September 3, 1949.
- Death: Mary Elizabeth VanRooy died on January 29, 1976, at age 50.
- Burial: She was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Daniel M Ponschock
M, b. April 12, 1926, d. May 8, 2004
- Birth: Daniel M Ponschock was born on April 12, 1926 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Mary Elizabeth VanRooy were married on September 3, 1949.
- Death: Daniel M Ponschock died on May 8, 2004, at age 78, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Daniel M. Ponschock, age 78, Appleton, died Saturday, May 8, 2004 at St. Elizabeth Hospital. Dan was born April 12, 1926 in Appleton to the late Frank and Mary E. (Haberman) Ponschock, and has lived in the Appleton area for most of his life. Dan served his country in the U.S. Navy aboard the USS LST 859 and was honorably discharged in June 1946. He was awarded the American Campaign Medal, the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal, and the Victory Medal. On Sept. 3, 1949, Dan was united in marriage with Mary VanRooy in Appleton. He worked for L & D Flooring, H. C. Prange Co., Roy Richards, and retired as maintenance engineer from Peabody Manor. Dan enjoyed spending time in his workshop, watching the Packers and listening to the Brewers with his sons, and spending afternoons socializing with his good friend Joe and many others. He was a member of the Appleton V.F.W. and American Legion Posts, and St. Joseph Catholic Church.
Dan is survived by his daughter, Linda (Paul) Martens, and their children Carissa, Scott, and Allison of Stoughton, Wis.; daughter, Jackie Ponschock, Appleton, and her children Torrey Quella, Lenexa, Kansas, Travis (Lauren) Quella, Kaukauna, and Trevor Quella, Appleton; daughter, Jill (Tim) Vanderloop, Appleton, and their children and grandchildren Lori (Scott) Handschke (Ashley and Emma), Darboy, Kari Vanderloop and special friend David Flagg, Appleton, Tami (Thomas) Geiger (Maren), Menasha; granddaughter Tara (Troy) Bellile (Trent), New London; son, Daniel Ponschock and special friend Julie Bauer, Appleton; son, Randy Ponschock and special friend Kay Vander Zanden, Appleton, and her children Logan and Landon; son, Mark (Kay) Ponschock, and their son Brandon, Appleton; son, Mic (Kathy) Ponschock, Seymour; and daughter, Penny (John) Harris and their children Joshua and Kallie, Fort Riley, Kansas; a brother, Fred (Rosie) Ponschock, Appleton; three sisters-in-law, Leona Ponschock, Arizona; Beverly Ponschock, Appleton; and Rosella Ponschock, Appleton. He is further survived by many relatives and friends.
He is preceded in death by his wife; parents; daughter, Judy Mereness; a sister, Marie; and three brothers, Lester, Norman, and Edward.
The Funeral Liturgy will take place at 6 p.m. Monday, May 10 at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 404 W. Lawrence St., Appleton, with the Rev. Larry Abler officiating. Friends may call from 4 p.m. Monday directly at the church until until the time of service. Interment will take place at St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established for the Multiple Sclerosis Society, and the American Cancer Society.
Brettschneider-Trettin-Lederer 606 N. Oneida St., Appleton 733-7383.
David Walter VanRooy
M, b. January 16, 1937, d. March 1968
Family: Gail Koerner (b. September 7, 1938, d. March 27, 1998)
- Birth: David Walter VanRooy was born on January 16, 1937.
- Death: He died in March 1968, at age 31.
Jill Marie Kitzinger
M, b. circa 1897, d. before 1967
- Birth: Jack Herold was born circa 1897.
- Death: He died before 1967.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
Amber Denise VanOoyen
Daniel Joseph Gracyalny
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America