Kristina M Zenisek
F, b. July 17, 1972, d. November 22, 2013
- Birth: Kristina M Zenisek was born on July 17, 1972 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on November 22, 2013, at age 41, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Kristina Vermeern, age 41, of Appleton, passed away with her family by her side on Friday, November 22, 2013, at Theda Clark Medical Center in Neenah. She was born on July 17, 1972, in Neenah, the daughter of the late John and Sandra (Jones) Zenisek. On August 15, 1996 in Estes Park, Colorado, she married the love of her life Richard Vermeern. Her greatest joy was spending time with Dick and her extended family. Tina looked forward to their time in Minocqua and enjoyed the outdoors which included fishing, hunting, boating, snowmobiling and four wheeling. She was a beautiful lady inside and out, and many will recall her excellent cooking and entertaining skills. Tina was an animal lover, especially her dogs.
Tina is survived by her loving husband, Dick Vermeern; son, Brandon Guckenberg; stepdaughters: Trisha (Lance) Hoffman and Brenda (Aaron) Koats; stepson, Matthew Vermeern; grandchildren: Cohen and Greyson Lee; Grant and Gavin Trygstad and Ava Hoffman; Kaylee and Paige Vermeern; brother, Edward Zenisek; and mother-in-law, Margaret Vermeern. She is further survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. Tina was preceded in death by her stepson, Mark Vermeern.
The memorial service for Tina will be held at 6:00 pm on Monday, November 25, 2013, at Wichmann Funeral Home downtown chapel. Fr. William Hoffman will be officiating. The family will receive relatives and friends from 4:30 pm until the time of service. Online condolences can be offered at www.wichmannfargo.com.
John Cornelius Vermeern
M, b. April 4, 1883, d. May 23, 1966
Family: Johanna Marie VanderLogt (b. March 16, 1891, d. December 5, 1975)
- Gertrude Vermeern
- Henry Vermeern
- Joan Maria Vermeern (b. April 13, 1919, d. January 26, 2001)
- Elizabeth Vermeern (b. April 22, 1922, d. September 29, 2003)
- Teresa C Vermeern (b. January 16, 1924, d. November 21, 2011)
- Delores Vermeern (b. May 28, 1926, d. June 11, 2009)
- Margaret M Vermeern (b. August 23, 1929, d. December 12, 2011)
- John Peter Vermeern (b. December 2, 1931, d. February 20, 1989)
- Birth: John Cornelius Vermeern was born on April 4, 1883 in Ginneken en Bavel, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: He died on May 23, 1966, at age 83, in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Name Church, Kimberly, Wisconsin.
Joan Maria Vermeern
F, b. April 13, 1919, d. January 26, 2001
- Birth: Joan Maria Vermeern was born on April 13, 1919 in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Edward Polzin were married on November 24, 1945.
- Death: Joan Maria Vermeern died on January 26, 2001, at age 81.
M, b. October 19, 1918, d. June 1978
- Birth: Edward Polzin was born on October 19, 1918.
- Marriage: He and Joan Maria Vermeern were married on November 24, 1945.
- Death: Edward Polzin died in June 1978, at age 59.
F, b. April 22, 1922, d. September 29, 2003
- Birth: Elizabeth Vermeern was born on April 22, 1922 in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on September 29, 2003, at age 81.
- Burial: She was buried in St Margaret Mary Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
F, b. May 28, 1926, d. June 11, 2009
- Birth: Delores Vermeern was born on May 28, 1926 in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Donald E Popp were married on June 16, 1948.
- Death: Delores Vermeern died on June 11, 2009, at age 83, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: June 14, 2009
Popp, Dolores Teresa "Pinky"
Dolores T. Popp, age 83, Menasha, passed away on Thursday, June 11, 2009, at Theda Clark Medical Center, Neenah. She was born on May 28, 1926, to the late John and Marie (VanderLoft) Vermeern, in Kimberly. Dolores married Donald Popp on June 16, 1948. She was an avid member of St. John Catholic Church, in Menasha. Pinky loved her family, playing cards, going to Bingo with her sisters. She enjoyed going up north and all the laughter around the campfire. Her long walks in the woods with her children and grandchildren. She liked to watch her grandchildren and great-grandchildren's extra curricular activities (sometimes in her hair curlers), but always there. Pinky collected friends; there wasn't a soul she couldn't charm. She was full of energy and loved having fun. She was soft hearted, kind and very giving. She had her own way of doing things and that was the way it was!! Mom grew very ill and became too frail to fight. She always loved to dance; it was time for her to dance in heaven.
Pinky will be missed by her loving husband Donald; seven children: Jack Popp, Peter Popp, Nancy Chartre, Janet Shulfer, Barbara Tipler, Joan Riggi, Mary Dietz, 16 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; one brother Henry Vermeern; three sisters: Tress Brittnacher, Margaret "Maggie" Zarnow, Gertrude Tingley, nieces, nephews, many other relatives and friends.
Pinky was preceded in death by her parents; one son Anthony; one brother and two sisters.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, June 20, 2009, in the Chapel at Highland Memorial Park, 3131 N. Richmond Street, Appleton, with Fr. Paul Radetski officiating. A memorial gathering will be held from 10 a.m. until the time of service at the chapel. Sleep well Mother dear until we meet again.
Light a candle in memory of Dolores at: www.martenslaemmrich funeralhome.com.
Donald E Popp
M, b. May 20, 1923, d. June 7, 2016
- Birth: Donald E Popp was born on May 20, 1923.
- Marriage: He and Delores Vermeern were married on June 16, 1948.
- Death: Donald E Popp died on June 7, 2016, at age 93.
- Note: Donald E. Popp, 93, of Menasha, died Tuesday June 7, 2016. He was born May 20, 1923, son of the late Ervin and Leona (Podolski) Popp. Donald married Dolores Vermeern on June 16, 1948. She preceded him in death on June 11, 2009.
Donald attended Menasha High School, class of 1942. He was captain of their football team, and captain of the track team, he went to state all four years he was on the track team. Donald served his country honorably in the U.S. Air Force during WWII. He was awarded the Asiatic Pacific Theater Service Ribbon, Philippine Liberation Service Ribbon, and the Good Conduct Medal. Donald was privileged to go with his fellow veterans on the Honor Flight to Washington DC in 2014. He worked at American Can as a pressman for 45 years, retiring in 1985. Donald enjoyed being outdoors, whether he was golfing, hunting, fishing, working in his yard, or in his vegetable garden. He also enjoyed reading, and watching the news. Donald was a photography enthusiast; he has many historic photos of Menasha through the years. His greatest enjoyment came from time spent with his family; he especially enjoyed family vacations at their cottage at Chute Pond, Mountain.
Donald is survived by his seven children: Nancy Chartre', Janet Shulfer, Barbara Tipler, Joan Riggi-Borremans, Jack Popp, Marylou Dietz, and Peter Popp (special friend Julie); 15 grandchildren: Jill (Troy) Biese, Lisa (special friend, Jeff), Phil, Nick (special friend, Roz), Amy (Rob) Geerdts, Jon, Angela (Doug) Kestell, Andrew, Travis (Anette), Anthony, Emily (Chad) Hinchcliff, Thomas, Sarah, Jacob (special friend, Michelle), and Ben ; 12 great-grandchildren: Brett (fiancée, Jen), Cody, Paige, Jackson, Leah, Callie, Aubrey, Oren, Isabelle, Jackson, Tristin, and Logan; Donald is further survived by his brother Robert, and sister, Carol; He was further preceded in death by his son, Anthony; grandson, Justin; and sister, June.
Memorial service for Donald will be 11:00 AM on Saturday June 18, 2016 at VALLEY FUNERAL HOME, with Rev. Mike Huff officiating. Visitation will be held at the funeral home Saturday morning beginning at 10:00 AM until the hour of service. Full military honors will follow. In lieu of flowers, please help support our local WWII veterans have the opportunity to see the monuments dedicated in their honor in our nation's capital. Please send your tax free donation to: Old Glory Honor Flight, PO Box 482, Menasha, WI 54952
Donald was always willing to help others. He will be deeply missed by everyone who knew him.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from June 10 to June 16, 2016.
Bruce Richard VanBoxtel
Kelly John McKay
Daniel Richard McKay
Shannon Patrick McKay
Casey Terry McKay
Doris F Singleton
F, b. May 13, 1903, d. February 23, 1989
- Birth: Doris F Singleton was born on May 13, 1903 in Knox, Indiana.
- Death: She died on February 23, 1989, at age 85, in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
- Note: Appleton Post Crescent
Sunday, February 26, 1989
Mrs. Doris F. Hopfensperger
Formerly of 2620 Forest View Court, Appleton, age 85, died at 9:30 p.m. Thursday, February 23, 1989 at the Good Shepard Home, Seymour following a short illness. She was born May 13, 1903 in Knox, Indiana. She was a receptionist at Plantz Hall, Lawrence University and also worked as a housekeeper at Sacred Heart Rectory. She was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic, and had sung in the choir with the church. She had also sung in the Chaminade Chorus.
She is survived by two daughters, Mrs. Peggy Driessen, Appleton; Mrs. Mary Lou Laux-Hanson, West Vancouver, British Columbia; a grandson, John Driessen, New York state; two great grandchildren,.
She preceded in death by her husband, Clarence on September 21, 1964; her son, Jimmy, May 1957; and a son Tommy Kerick, February of 1941.
Memorial will be conducted on Monday, February 27, 1989 at 4 p.m. at the Good Shepard Nursing Home Chapel, Seymour with the Rev. Robert Smith officiating. Interment will be in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton. There will be no visitation.
Wichmann Funeral Home.