Florence H Kauth
F, b. November 1, 1924, d. September 10, 2010
- Birth: Florence H Kauth was born on November 1, 1924 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Francis T Butler were married on May 16, 1946.
- Marriage: Florence H Kauth was married on September 19, 1980.
- Death: She died on September 10, 2010, at age 85, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Florence H. Harris, age 85, passed away Friday, September 10, 2010, at Heartwood Homes in Appleton. She was born on November 1, 1924 in Appleton; daughter of the late Bernard and Harriet (Soeters) Kauth. She was married to Francis T. Butler on May 16, 1946; Francis preceded her in death on June 24, 1970. On September 19, 1980, she was married to Ted Harris and they reaffirmed their vows on August 8, 1990. Florence was once the Treasurer of the Town of Center. She was formerly a member of the Christian Mother's at St. Edward Catholic Church, Mackville, and also volunteered at St. Vincent de Paul. She was very creative and artistic; loved painting, crocheting and knitting and also traveling and spent many winters in Naples, Fla.
She is survived by her husband, Ted Harris, Appleton; her children: Rose (Lloyd) Jeske, Appleton; Marie (Peter) Vande Wettering, Appleton; Anne (Bob) Campshure, Weyauwega; Carol (Steve) Wendt, Appleton; Beverly (special friend, James Schmidt) Butler, Appleton; Ray (Janice) Butler, St. Paul, MN; Daniel (Lucy Coppens) Butler, Green Bay; Nancy (Dennis) Beckstrom, Buena Vista, CA; and Ron (special friend, Kathy Behling) Butler, Appleton; stepchildren: Maureen Selzler, Mt. Pleasant, UT; David Harris, Sebastopol, CA; Tom (Debbie) Harris, Black Creek; Jeff (Afsaneh) Harris, Lafayette, CO; Scott Harris, Appleton, and Rob (Julie) Harris, Green Bay; 20 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren and sisters: Frances Boyle and Aurelia Bowers.
She was preceded in death by a son, Leonard, a daughter, Jane, grandchildren, Christina, Eric and Philip, foster daughter, Dolly and sisters: Martha, Mildred and Mary Anne.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Wednesday, September 15, 2010, at 11 a.m. at St. Bernard Catholic Church, 1617 W. Pine St., Appleton, with Fr. Dennis Ryan officiating. Family and friends may visit at the church on Wednesday from 10 a.m. until the time of the mass. Entombment will take place in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton. A memorial fund is being established in her name.
The family would like to say a special thank you to the staffs of Heartwood Homes and Asera Care Hospice for their wonderful care.
Valley Funeral Home
2211 N. Richmond St.
would be Served."
Aurelia Sadie Kauth
F, b. November 2, 1926, d. March 6, 2017
- Birth: Aurelia Sadie Kauth was born on November 2, 1926.
- Marriage: She and Russell Gregory Bowers were married on September 21, 1943 in St Therese Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Aurelia Sadie Kauth died on March 6, 2017, at age 90, in Town of Grand Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Aurelia Sadie Bowers, 90 Appleton passed away, Monday, March 6, 2017 at Brewster Village with her daughters at her side. She was born November 2, 1926 to Bernard and Harriet (Soeters) Kauth. Aurelia married Russell G. Bowers on September 21, 1943 at St. Therese Catholic Church, Appleton.
She is survived by her two daughters: Diane (Marvin) Verkuilen, Thorp, WI and Nancy Koehler, Appleton; seven grandchildren: William (Michelle) Verkuilen, Cynthia (Matthew) Miklasz, Gregory (Brenda) Verkuilen, Catherine (Todd) Hein, Barbara (Doug) Mederos, Joel (Carolyn) Koehler and Jesse (Tia) Koehler; 20 great grandchildren: David, Angela, Benjamin and Emily Miklasz, Adam, Conner and Emma Verkuilen; Caroline, Sam, Margaret and Jack Mederos; Lane and Cade Koehler; Ally and Macey Koehler; Barrett and Kimberly Verkuilen; Ruby, Hudson and Henry Hein. She is further survived by many nieces and nephews.
Aurelia was preceded in death by her husband, Russell; parents; a baby brother, Clarence Kauth; five sisters: Mildred (Glenn) Horn, Florence (Ted) Harris, Martha (Otto) Sonnleitner, Mary Ann (Wayne) Anderson and Frances (Tony) Boyle.
A Memorial Mass will be held at 11 AM, Saturday, March 11, 2017 at St. Thomas More Catholic Church, 1810 N McDonald St., Appleton, WI with Rev. Gerald Falk officiating. The family will receive friends directly at church on Saturday from 9 - 11 AM. Interment will take place in St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery, Appleton. Memories and condolences may be shared by visiting www.btlfuneral.com . In lieu of flowers consider a donation to your favorite charity .
Russell Gregory Bowers
M, b. August 5, 1920, d. February 4, 2012
- Birth: Russell Gregory Bowers was born on August 5, 1920 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Aurelia Sadie Kauth were married on September 21, 1943 in St Therese Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Russell Gregory Bowers died on February 4, 2012, at age 91, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Russell G. Bowers, 91, Appleton, died Saturday, Feb. 4, 2012, at Appleton Medical Center. He was born Aug. 5, 1920, to Earl and Esther (Wiegand) Bowers. He was a graduate of the Class of 1939 at Appleton High School. On Sept. 21, 1943, he was united in marriage to Aurelia Kauth at St. Therese Catholic Church, Appleton. The couple has enjoyed 68 years together.
Russ worked in law enforcement most of his working career with the Outagamie County Sheriff Department, retiring as Undersheriff in 1981.
He is survived by his wife, Aurelia, Appleton; two daughters, Diane (Marvin) Verkuilen, Thorp, Wis.; and Nancy Koehler, Appleton; seven grandchildren, William (Michelle) Verkuilen, Cynthia (Mathew) Miklasz, Gregory (Brenda) Verkuilen, Catherine (Todd) Hein, Barbara (Doug) Mederos, Joel (Carolyn) Koehler, and Jesse (Tia) Koehler; 19 great-grandchildren, Angela, Benjamin, Emily and David Miklasz, Emma, Conner, and Adam Verkuilen, Caroline, Margaret, Jack and Sam Mederos, Lane and Cade Koehler, Ally and Macey Koehler, Barrett and Kimber Verkuilen, and Ruby and Hudson Hein; his brother, John (Marilyn) Bowers; sisters-in-law, Katherine Bowers and Elisabeth Bowers. He is further survived by many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a sister, Florence (Harold) Drexler; brothers and sisters-in-law, Clifford (June), Robert, Donald (Alice), Franklin (Mary), Earl, and Dean.
A memorial service will be held at 12 noon on Thursday, Feb. 9, at St. Thomas More Catholic Church, 1810 N. McDonald St., with Father James Lucas officiating. Friends may visit directly at the church on Thursday from 10:30 a.m. until the time of service. Inurnment will take place at St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, please send a donation to your favorite charity .
606 N. Oneida St.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from February 5 to February 6, 2012.
Mary Ann Kauth
F, b. January 18, 1937, d. February 27, 1996
- Birth: Mary Ann Kauth was born on January 18, 1937 in Town of Grand Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on February 27, 1996, at age 59.
- Burial: She was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
Wayne L Anderson
M, b. December 24, 1936, d. December 5, 2005
- Birth: Wayne L Anderson was born on December 24, 1936 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on December 5, 2005, at age 68.
- Burial: He was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
Martha E Kauth
F, b. July 19, 1928, d. May 16, 1986
- Birth: Martha E Kauth was born on July 19, 1928 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on May 16, 1986, at age 57.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. March 20, 1922, d. September 3, 1997
- Birth: Adolph Sonnleitner was born on March 20, 1922.
- Death: He died on September 3, 1997, at age 75.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. January 13, 1964, d. April 12, 2012
- Birth: Todd Wenzel was born on January 13, 1964.
- Death: He died on April 12, 2012, at age 48.
- Note: Todd Wenzel, 48, of Sherwood, died on Thursday, April 12, 2012 due to an ATV accident on Easter Sunday. Todd was a graduate of Menasha High School and went on to earn his Bachelor Degree in Marketing and Education from UW Stout. He worked for Accelerated Genetics for over 25 years. His passion for his career was second to none. His devotion and commitment earned numerous awards for his accomplishments. He was well respected and his co-workers had the utmost admiration for him.
Todd is survived by his wife Nancy. They were married in 1992 and have two sons, Dylan (18) and Brady (15). Todd was a devoted husband, father and provider. Together Todd and Nancy created a strong family foundation with a piece of land and a lot of love. He lived for his time at home with his two boys, working their farmette, shooting hoops, fishing and watching them compete in their high school athletics. He never missed a game.
There are no words to describe Todd. He was just a great man. His soft spoken words could easily calm a volatile situation and quietly bring a party to roaring laughter with his quick wit and clever sense of humor.
Todd is preceded in death by his father, Donald Wenzel, father-in-law Roy Pleshek, uncle, Earl Nettekoven, and special mentors Matt and Lorraine Schaffer. Also preceding him in death were two brother-in-laws, Dale and Tim Pleshek.
Todd is further survived by, his mother Carol Wenzel, Appleton; mother-in-law Pearl Pleshek , Appleton; Marilyn Nettekoven, very special Aunt, Menasha, brother Kurt (Wendy & their son Bennet) Neenah; sister, Tina Wenzel (her daughter Natasha) Appleton; special cousin Keith Nettekoven; Todd's in-laws, Dan Pleshek Greenleaf, Linda Rohm (John) Winneconne; Judy Zwiers (Bob Zitzelsbersger) Stockbridge; Gary Pleshek, Appleton; Wane Pleshek (Teena) Kaukauna; Sandy Hoelzel (Dan) Kaukauna; Mary Pleshek, Kaukauna; Dave Pleshek (Karen) Kaukauna, Also many aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews.
Todd will live on in three lives which were saved through the organ donation program. The family would like to thank the ICU staff at Theda Clark Hospital for all their care and support.
Memorial services will be at 2 pm on Monday April 16 2012, at Christ the King, N7510 Hwy. 114 Sherwood. Friends may call at the church between 10 am to 1:30 pm. Pastor Tim Krick and Pastor Ken Schaub will officiate. The Wieting Funeral Home in Brillion is assisting the family with arrangements. Online condolences made be made at www.wieting-funeralhome.com In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in Todd's name.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from April 14 to April 15, 2012.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Irene L Skalmusky
F, b. July 18, 1916, d. November 23, 2011
- Birth: Irene L Skalmusky was born on July 18, 1916 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Alvin A Borree were married on June 17, 1939.
- Death: Irene L Skalmusky died on November 23, 2011, at age 95, in Town of Grand Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Irene L. Borree (formerly of Kaukauna), age 95, passed away on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 at Brewster Village. She was born July 18, 1916 in Kaukauna, daughter of the late John and Elizabeth (Lang) Skalmusky. On June 17, 1939 she was united in marriage to Alvin A. Borree and together they celebrated 53 years of marriage. Alvin preceded her in death in 1993. Irene was a long standing and faithful member of Immanuel UCC in Kaukauna. She and Alvin were both active in the Fox Valley Pigeon Club as well as the Fox Valley Beagle Club. Irene enjoyed playing cards, especially sheepshead.
She is survived by a sister-in-law, Vivian Skalmusky, numerous nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews as well as other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her husband, her parents, her brother, Marvin, and her sisters: Alice and Margaret.
Funeral services for Irene will be held at 12:00 Noon on Saturday, November 26, 2011 at IMMANUUEL UNITED CHURCH of CHRIST, 510 Sullivan Ave., Kaukauna with Rev. James Deckert officiating. Friends may call directly at church from 10:00 a.m. until the time of services. Boettcher Family Funeral Home, Kaukauna is assisting the family. 766-2099 www.boettcherfamilyfuneral.com
Thank you to Nancy Hayes and the staff of Brewster's Depot Neighborhood for their care and concern.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on November 24, 2011.
Elizabeth Jo Berghuis