Judith A Unknown
F, b. January 11, 1943, d. April 27, 1991
- Birth: Judith A Unknown was born on January 11, 1943.
- Death: She died on April 27, 1991, at age 48.
- Burial: She was buried in Twelve Corners Cemetery, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Elizabeth J Rademacher
F, b. June 1, 1918
- Birth: Elizabeth J Rademacher was born on June 1, 1918.
Martha H Skorie
F, b. March 31, 1925, d. November 22, 2008
- Birth: Martha H Skorie was born on March 31, 1925 in White Lake, Langlade Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on November 22, 2008, at age 83.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: November 23, 2008
Hoks, Martha H.
Martha H. Hoks, 83, passed away on Saturday, Nov. 22, 2008. She was born March 31, 1925, in White Lake, the daughter of the late Michael and Hulda (Fank) Skorie. Martha married Harold "Smiley" Hoks on Sept. 13, 1947, and he preceded her in death on April 23, 1989.
Martha was a member of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, The Society of Our Lady of Guadalupe and the American Legion Auxiliary. She enjoyed gardening and loved spending time with her grandchildren.
Her survivors include her two sons, Michael (Peggy Lee) Hoks, New London; and David (Maureen) Hoks, Appleton; eight grandchildren Benjamin, Andrew, Nathan, Heidi, Henrica, Catherine, Jonathon and Christine; one great-grandchild, Donovan. Martha is further survived by her sister, Frieda Vandenberg, Appleton; many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and three sisters.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2008, 11 a.m. at St. John The Baptist Catholic Church with Father Paul Radetski officiating. Family and friends will be received on Monday, Nov. 24, 2008, from 4 to 6 p.m. when a prayer service will be held at Martens-Laemmrich Funeral Home, 312 Milwaukee Street, Menasha. A second visitation will be held on Tuesday at the church from 10 a.m. until the hour of Mass. Interment will be in St. Mary Cemetery.
Light a candle in memory of
M, b. July 4, 1912, d. May 18, 2007
- Birth: Eugene Berken was born on July 4, 1912 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Laura Larsen were married on August 19, 1937 in Oconto Falls, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Eugene Berken died on May 18, 2007, at age 94.
- Note: May 20, 2007
Berken, Eugene "Gene" Eugene "Gene" Berken, 94, Oconto Falls, died early Friday morning, May 18, 2007, at Sharpe Care following a short illness. He was born July 4, 1912, in De Pere to Albert and Dora (Cleven) Berken. Gene grew up in West De Pere where he developed an interest in boxing, later graduating from West De Pere High School. On Jan. 2, 1934, he moved to Oconto Falls to work as a projectionist at the local movie theatre and also coached boxing at the high school. In 1943, Gene began a 30-year career with the Oconto County Traffic Department where he became Police Captain in 1950, the position from which he retired. He was a member of St. Anthony Catholic Church in Oconto Falls and was a Grand Knight in the Knights of Columbus. As an avid hunter and fisherman, Gene enjoyed traveling with friends to Montana and Idaho on hunting expeditions and Canada and Alaska fishing trips. He liked working in his yard and keeping it meticulous, caring for his large flower and vegetable gardens, and growing raspberries. Gene will be lovingly remembered as a very loving, warm and caring Grandpa!
Survivors are his loving wife of 70 years, Laura Berken, Oconto Falls; their two children, Pat (Norm) Schmitz, West Bend; Tom Berken, Apple Valley, Minn.; two grandchildren, Jerry (Lisa) Berken, Apple Valley, Minn.; Anne (Chris) Hartzell, West Bend; three great-grandchildren; one brother, Robert (Myrt) Berken, New Port Richie, Fla.; nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers, Mick, Connie and Ray Berken.
Friends may call at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Oconto Falls after 9 a.m. Tuesday, May 22, 2007, until the time of services. Mass of Christian Burial will be held 11 a.m. Tuesday at the church with the Rev. Patrick Beno. Cremation will follow with burial of the urn in the church cemetery at a later date. Jones Funeral Service in Oconto Falls (920-848-2222 or visit: www.jonesfuneral.com is serving the Berken family.
The Berken family would like to thank the doctors and staff of Community Memorial Hospital and the employees of Sharpe Care for the care and concern shown Gene during his short illness.
F, b. July 16, 1914, d. March 30, 2008
- Birth: Laura Larsen was born on July 16, 1914.
- Marriage: She and Eugene Berken were married on August 19, 1937 in Oconto Falls, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Laura Larsen died on March 30, 2008, at age 93, in West Bend, Washington Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Oconto Falls, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Laura Berken, 93, Oconto Falls, died Sunday morning March 30, 2008, at Riverway Place Assisted Living in West Bend. She was born July 16, 1914, to Henry and Catherine (Sweeney) Larsen. As a little girl, she moved with her family to the Oconto Falls area where she first attended North Branch Elementary School and later graduated from Oconto Falls High School with the class of 1932. Because her father was a horse trader, Laura grew up enjoying horses and horseback riding throughout her life. Following graduation from high school she attended Teacher's Training, earning her teaching certificate for elementary education.
On August 19, 1937, she married Eugene "Gene" Berken in Oconto Falls. Laura first started her 46 year association with the Oconto Falls School District in a one room school house at Morgan where she taught all eight grades until the mid 1950s. She then went to Abrams Elementary where she served as Principal and also taught classes for many years. It was during this time of her life when she attended St. Norbert College and earned her Bachelor of Science Degree in Education. Eventually her teaching career moved her to Jefferson Elementary in Oconto Falls and she retired from Washington Middle School in 1979. She was a member of St. Anthony Catholic Church in Oconto Falls and the Altar Rosary Society. She was also a member of WEAC and the Oconto County Retired Teachers Association. Over the years she and her husband enjoyed driving (because of Laura's fear of flying) out West, first with a truck camper and later with a pull behind trailer. For many years the couple would plan their trips around the Cheyenne Rodeo Days so they could attend while in the area. When a family friend purchased an airline ticket for her, she got over her fear of flying because Laura didn't want him to lose the money. Thereafter she enjoyed traveling to Minnesota, Florida, Hawaii, and California where she especially enjoyed visiting Hearst Castle.
Survivors are her two children, Pat (Norm) Schmitz, West Bend; Tom Berken, Apple Valley, MN; two grandchildren, Jerry (Lisa) Berken, Apple Valley, MN; Anne (Chris) Hartzell, West Bend; three great-grandchildren; two sisters-in-law and one brother-in-law, Marynelle Larsen, Ames, IA; Robert and Myrt Berken, New Port Richie, FL; nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband "Gene" on May 18, 2007, two brothers, Vincent (Marie) Larsen and Dr. Aubrey Larsen.
Friends may call at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Oconto Falls after 9:00 a.m. Friday, April 4, 2007, until the time of service. Mass of Christian Burial will be held 11:00 am Friday at the church with the Rev. Fr. Patrick Beno officiating. Cremation will follow with burial of the urn in the church cemetery at a later date. Jones Funeral Service in Oconto Falls (920-848-2222 or visit: www.jones funeral.com) is serving the Berken family.
The Berken family would like to thank the staff of Riverway Place Assisted Living in West Bend, Vitas Hospice and Dr. Lawrence Gill for the care and concern shown Laura.
Carol Jean Rohloff
F, b. circa 1945, d. yes
- Birth: Carol Jean Rohloff was born circa 1945.
- Death: She died yes.
Dennis John Jochman
Gerald Lawrence Jochman
James E Erdman
M, b. January 5, 1933, d. June 13, 2014
- Birth: James E Erdman was born on January 5, 1933.
- Marriage: He was married on May 18, 1957 in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 13, 2014, at age 81.
- Note: James "Jim" E. Erdman, 81, of Kimberly, passed away on Friday, June 13, 2014 at Fox River Nursing and Rehab after a courageous fight with cancer. Jim was born on January 5, 1933, son of the late William and Dora (Knaack) Erdman. He was proud to work at the Kimberly Mill for 44 years. On May 18, 1957, he married Marie Glasheen at a ceremony at St. Mary Catholic Church in Kaukauna. Jim and Marie shared 57 years of marriage raising 4 beautiful children.
Jim loved the outdoors and enjoyed his annual pheasant hunting trip to South Dakota. He also enjoyed his retirement taking bus trips and spending time with his family.
Jim was survived by his loving wife: Marie Erdman; his children: Marge Erdman, Bill (Alice) Erdman, and Karen Erdman; his grandchildren Katie, and Andy (Melissa); his great granddaughter: Isabel; his sisters: Evelyn Herman and Ada Burton: his sister-in-law Winifred Erdmann and brother-in-law James (Cathy) Glasheen. He is further survived by many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. He was preceded in death by his parents, his son: Tom; brothers: Herbert (Mary) Erdmann, and Robert Erdmann; brothers-in-law: Ted Herman, Jack Burton and Gerald Glasheen; and his sister-in-law Florence Glasheen.
The funeral service for Jim will be held at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at JANSEN FARGO FUNERAL HOME, 204 E. Kimberly St. Kimberly, with Rev. Gary Nokleberg officiating. A time of visitation will be held from 4:00 pm until the time of service. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com
The Erdman family would like to thank the doctors and nurses at Fox Valley Hematology and Oncology, and the staff at Fox Valley Nursing and Rehab for their kindness and care.
- Father: Edward Glasheen (b. January 5, 1901, d. September 17, 1941)
- Mother: Lucile Wolf (b. October 24, 1910, d. September 23, 1987)
Thomas J Erdman
M, b. October 7, 1964, d. July 13, 1982
- Birth: Thomas J Erdman was born on October 7, 1964 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on July 13, 1982, at age 17.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Name Cemetery, Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Randis Joseph Marquardt
Cheryl Lyn Natrop
Dawn Katherine Resch
Fredrick P Buss
M, b. March 16, 1915, d. July 3, 1989
- Father: Otto J Buss (b. December 20, 1886, d. December 17, 1969)
- Mother: Erma Jacobs (b. December 1, 1894, d. August 11, 1942)
- Birth: Fredrick P Buss was born on March 16, 1915 in Town of Freedom, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Dorothea Weiland were married on June 22, 1940 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Fredrick P Buss died on July 3, 1989, at age 74.
- Burial: He was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.