M, b. February 13, 1949, d. April 13, 2007
- Birth: Jerry Kranzush was born on February 13, 1949 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on September 16, 1967 in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on April 13, 2007, at age 58, in Minneapolis, Hennepin Co, Minnesota.
- Note: April 15, 2007
Kranzush, Jerry Jerry Kranzush, 58, New Franken, Wis., passed away Friday, April 13, 2007, at the University of Minnesota Hospital, Minneapolis, Minn., while waiting for a heart transplant. He was born Feb. 13, 1949, in Green Bay, the son of William and Marie (Leininger) Kranzush of Seymour. On Sept. 16, 1967, he was united in marriage to his high school sweetheart Karen Beyer in Seymour. Jerry was a manager at K-Mart in Kenosha and later retired from the Sturgeon Bay store. He enjoyed camping, vacationing in St. George, Utah, and anything involving golf. Most of all he loved spending time doing activities with his family and friends including taking each grandchild to DisneyWorld when they turned 5 years old and also when golfing with his friends Mike, Don, and Mark.
In addition to his wife, Karen, and mother, Marie, he is survived by a son, Mike (Jessica) Kranzush, De Pere; and a daughter, Melissa (Kip Effa) Kranzush, Green Bay. Jerry is also survived by three grandchildren, Chelci, Zachary, and Hannah; and a sister, Judy (Marlin) Nelson, Seymour.
He was preceded in death by his father and an infant sister.
Friends may call at the Muehl-Boettcher Funeral Home, 358 S. Main St., Seymour, on Saturday, April 21, 2007, from 12 p.m. until the time of the services at 4 p.m. at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed at www.boettcherfuneralhomes.com. In lieu of flowers a memorial has been established.
The family wishes to express special thanks to Diane Smith and the Bellin Heart Support Group, Dr. Peter Fergus of Green Bay Heart Care, and Chris Munson and nurses of the 4th Floor ICU at University of Minnesota Hospital.
Jessica Lynn VanGheem
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
M, b. April 3, 1887, d. February 2, 1920
Family: Anna B Riehl (b. December 16, 1888, d. February 1, 1971)
- Birth: Ignatz McHugh was born on April 3, 1887.
- Death: He died on February 2, 1920, at age 32.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Daniel Thomas Ryan
M, b. September 19, 1888, d. November 20, 1929
- Birth: Daniel Thomas Ryan was born on September 19, 1888.
- Death: He died on November 20, 1929, at age 41, in San Francisco, California.
Catherine (Sister Benedict) Ryan
F, b. September 14, 1890, d. May 4, 1981
- Birth: Catherine (Sister Benedict) Ryan was born on September 14, 1890.
- Death: She died on May 4, 1981, at age 90.
- Occupation: She was a Sinsinawa Dominican.
Mary Elizabeth Ryan
F, b. July 11, 1909, d. January 14, 1969
- Birth: Mary Elizabeth Ryan was born on July 11, 1909 in Town of Buchanan, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on January 14, 1969, at age 59, in Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co, California.
Winifred (Sister Marguerite) Ryan
F, b. May 16, 1894, d. December 18, 1984
- Birth: Winifred (Sister Marguerite) Ryan was born on May 16, 1894.
- Death: She died on December 18, 1984, at age 90.
- Occupation: She was a Sinsinawa Dominican.
- Note: Sister Marguerite Ryan (Winifred Ryan)
Great Granddaughter of Martin Powers
From the archives at Sinsinawa;
Sister Marguerite died at St. Dominic Villa on December 18, 1984 at the age of 90 and in the 57th year of her religious profession.
Winifred Ryan was born on May 16, 1894, in Madera, California, one of three daughters and three sons born to Catherine Gleeson of Nenagh, Ireland and Daniel Ryan of Kaukauna, Wisconsin. The family later moved to Kaukauna where Winifred grew up and received her grade school education at St. Mary's and attended Kaukauna High School. She completed her studies at Oshkosh Normal and began her teaching career at a rural school in Combined Locks. She went from here to Milwaukee where she taught at Victor Berger School Until 1926 when she entered the congregation.
Mr. And Mrs. Ryan both died while their family was still young, so Winifred took over the role of mother and helped raise her younger brothers and sisters. It was for this reason that she waited until she was thirty-two years old before coming to St. Clara. Her youngest sister Mary had just finished high school and her other sister, Sister Benedict, was already in the community.
Winifred was received as Sister Marguerite on August 4, 1927, and professed a year later. She taught in grade and high schools for over forty years--in Madison (Edgewood), Milwaukee (St. Robert), Chicago (St. Sabina, Visitation, and Trinity), Minneapo1is, Champaign, and Omaha (St. Cecilia). Sister returned to the Mound in 1971 and remained there until 1983 when she moved to the Villa.
One of the sisters at the Villa remembers her as principal of Edgewood Grade School. She was a teacher respected and loved in a special way by the students whom she taught English. Her students seemed to excel so well that seldom if
ever were they placed in freshman English classes, but, rather, were placed in sophomore classes. She was highly respected for her intelligence and grasp of her subject matter. The students loved being in her class. She worked long hours at her school work, going to her classroom early in the morning, and remaining long after school hours.
Sister Hilaire, a relative, remembers her as a child. The Ryan family had purchased turkey eggs for their farm and as the eggs hatched little Winifred was put in charge of shepherding the turkeys. She could often be seen in the fields, shooing the turkeys in the direction she wanted them to go.
Another sister remembers her as having been a very dedicated teacher at St. Robert's. She was a determined person with a deep sense of her own dignity and capability. The students looked forward to being in her class.
Sister worked in the Mound sewing room, making habits for some years. When her eyesight grew weaker she had to forego that duty, and one of her new hobbies which she developed was creating lovely cards made by pressing flowers and inserting them by means of her own technique into the paper. The process for doing this was found among her possessions at the Villa.
Father Don Georgen, O.P. celebrated a Mass of Christian Burial for Sister Marguerite on December 21, 1984.
William Dennis Ryan
M, b. September 5, 1892, d. April 18, 1963
Family: Ellen Powers (b. September 21, 1894, d. April 8, 1991)
- Birth: William Dennis Ryan was born on September 5, 1892.
- Marriage: He and Ellen Powers were married on June 27, 1921.
- Death: William Dennis Ryan died on April 18, 1963, at age 70, in Madison, Dane Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. September 26, 1881, d. August 16, 1942
- Birth: Sarah Brooks was born on September 26, 1881 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Baptism: She was baptized on September 26, 1881 in St John Nepomucene Church, Little Chute, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on August 16, 1942, at age 60.
- Burial: She was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/2/44W.
M, b. June 25, 1878, d. January 1, 1944
- Birth: Gerarda Brooks was born on June 25, 1878.
- Baptism: He was baptized on June 26, 1878 in St John Nepomucene Church, Little Chute, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 1, 1944, at age 65.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/2/44W.
George Garrett Brooks
M, b. March 4, 1876, d. January 27, 1952
- Fern Brooks
- Juanita Brooks
- Margaret Mary Brooks (b. February 16, 1915, d. April 1, 2007)
- Donald Brooks (b. April 15, 1918, d. May 17, 1971)
- Gladys Brooks (b. June 10, 1920, d. December 20, 2008)
- Lucille Sylvia Brooks (b. September 6, 1922, d. January 29, 1999)
- Ralph Thomas Brooks (b. May 14, 1925, d. April 4, 2016)
- Birth: George Garrett Brooks was born on March 4, 1876.
- Baptism: He was baptized on March 5, 1876 in St John Nepomucene Church, Little Chute, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 27, 1952, at age 75, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Ronald H Dix
M, b. February 27, 1936, d. February 25, 2011
- Birth: Ronald H Dix was born on February 27, 1936 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on September 1, 1956.
- Death: He died on February 25, 2011, at age 74, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ronald H. Dix, 74, Combined Locks, passed away peacefully on Friday, Feb. 25, 2011, with his family by his side at Manor Care in Appleton. He said the Angels were there for him! Ron was born on Feb. 27, 1936, in Kaukauna, the son of the late Herman and Virginia (Hamer) Dix. On Sept. 1, 1956, he married Shirley Kappell at St. Mary Catholic Church in Appleton. Ron was employed at U.S. Oil Company for 40 years. He graduated from Kimberly High School in 1955 and enjoyed playing football, basketball and umpiring many baseball games. He loved being sarcastic and making people laugh! Ron spent a lot of time with his family, taking them fishing and camping, and going to the park, zoo or cottage. These good times will never be forgotten!
Ron is survived by his wife, Shirley Dix; children, Dave (Pam) Dix, Jean (Santos) Anaya, Tom (Tina) Dix, Jim (Gail) Dix, Joe (Julie Remmel) Dix and Mark (Brenda) Dix; 15 grandchildren, Tiffany (Shane), Juanita (Andy), Mario (Lindsey), Tommy (Lindsey), Trenton, Jon, Rob, Mike, Olivia, Ali, Ashley, Missy (Kurry), Chad, Breanna and Tony; and six great-grandchildren. He is further survived by a brother, Dan Dix; four sisters-in-law, Bonnie (Leroy) Gorges, Gerry (Al) Demers, Janice (Emmett) Clark and Margie Kappell; also many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Ron was preceded in death by his sister, Janet (Dick) Cotnoir; sister-in-law, Marlene (Porkie) Brooks; brother-in-law, Jack Kappell; and father- and mother-in-law: Raymond and Genevieve Kappell.
The funeral service for Ronald will be held at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 1, 2011, at JANSEN FARGO FUNERAL HOME. A time of visitation and support will be held on Tuesday from 3 p.m. until the time of service. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund will be established in his name.
The family would like to thank the staff at Manor Care and Heartland Hospice for all your kindness and support.
204 E. Kimberly Avenue
- Graduation: He graduated from Kimberly High School in 1955.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
Family: Ronald H Dix (b. February 27, 1936, d. February 25, 2011)
Eleanor Jane Cavil
F, b. June 19, 1931, d. September 21, 1982
- Birth: Eleanor Jane Cavil was born on June 19, 1931 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on September 21, 1982, at age 51, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.