Barbara L Frank
F, b. September 16, 1940, d. September 28, 1982
- Birth: Barbara L Frank was born on September 16, 1940 in Lancaster, Grant Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on September 28, 1982, at age 42.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
M, b. April 23, 1932, d. January 24, 2013
- Birth: Richard Broas was born on April 23, 1932 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 24, 2013, at age 80, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Richard Broas, 80, Neenah, passed away Thursday, January 24, 2013, at Theda Clark Medical Center following complications with surgery. He was born on April 23, 1932, in Appleton, son of Walter and Hyacinth (Fredericks) Broas. Richard was in the Wisconsin National Guard, and worked for American Can Co. for over 40 years. He enjoyed boat racing, snowmobiling, raising horses and dogs, and refinishing antique buggies and sleighs. Richard was a former member of the Town of Neenah-Menasha Volunteer Fire Department and a member Peace Lutheran Church for numerous years.
Richard is survived by his children: Terry (Chris) Broas, Annette Roberts, Mike Broas, Bonnie Coleman, Julie Broas, Cheryl Veirauch, and Jon (Sue) Broas; grandchildren: Andrew ( Danielle) Broas, Laura and Stephanie Coleman, Anthony and Alan Roberts, Shallin Stone, and Dianna Broas; two great grandchildren; a brother: Jack (Carol) Broas; and many aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews including his brother Tom's children: Cheryl, Steve, and Craig Broas.
Further surviving Richard are his brothers- and sisters-in-law: Nancy (Fred) DeBoer, Jackie Burr, Mae Valencia, Janey (Cal) Yamane and Dan Burr.
Richard was preceded in death by his wife: Carole A. Broas; parents; a daughter: Lynn Broas; two grandchildren: Kimberly Broas and Sean Veirauch; a brother: Tom Broas; and brother-in-law: Richard Burr.
Memorial services will be held at 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, January 29, 2013, at Peace Lutheran Church, 1228 S. Park Ave., Neenah, with Rev. Ricky P. Schroeder officiating. Visitation will be at the church from 1:30 p.m. Tuesday until the time of the service. In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established.
Carole A Burr
F, b. August 10, 1932, d. June 17, 2002
- Birth: Carole A Burr was born on August 10, 1932.
- Death: She died on June 17, 2002, at age 69.
Thomas J Broas
M, b. December 30, 1937, d. August 7, 1966
- Birth: Thomas J Broas was born on December 30, 1937 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 7, 1966, at age 28, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Greenlawn Memorial Park, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: DRAG RACER IS KILLED IN CRASH- Kaukauna--Thomas J. Broas, 28, a Black Creekk father of 3 children, was killed shortly after 12 noon on Sunday, when his drag racer went out of control during a time trial run at the K K Sports Club arena, three miles south of Kaukauna.
Outagami Co. Coroner said Broas was driving his racer at a high rate of speed and encountered trouble with the mechanism while he was making a U-turn. The car went out of control, struck the side of a guard rail, knocked off a pole and then hit an enbankment, running into a deep ditch. It then struck the enbankement of a rail-road right-of-way, jumped across the track and finally landed on the east side of the track.
Coroner Kemps said the victim's death was the first of this type of accident to occur in the Co.
Services at Trinity Lutheran Church in Appleton Rev. Christian J. Thearle officiating. A Memorial is being established.
Broas was born Dec. 30 1937 in Neenah, and graduated from Menasha H. S. in 1955. He was formerly employed at the Gilbert Paper Co. in Menasha.
Robert Lyle Volkman
M, b. August 27, 1945, d. March 7, 2014
- Birth: Robert Lyle Volkman was born on August 27, 1945 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 7, 2014, at age 68.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Robert "Bob" Volkman, age 68, of Seymour, passed away on Friday, March 7, 2014 at his home surrounded by his family. He was born August 27, 1945, son of the late Lyle Volkman and Rita (Henke) Volkman. On June 8, 1968 he was united in marriage to Lois Mae Riehl and the couple celebrated 45 years of marriage.
He was a member of St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church in the town of Center.
Bob had spent several years working on the farm and later worked for Murphy Construction. He retired from Boldt Construction as a millwright.
He enjoyed going to the dirt track races in Ohio and watching NASCAR races. Making firewood was one of his favorite things to do after retirement. In his free time Bob spent many hours cracking black walnuts from his mom's tree. He also enjoyed playing cards games on the computer and the challenge of a jigsaw puzzle.
Bob cherished the times he was able to spend with his family, and especially enjoyed all of the times he was able to have with his grandchildren.
He is survived by his wife, Lois; children: Sheila (Clint) Wickesberg, Peg (Dan) Skotzke, Keith (Heather) Volkman, Jamie (Kristy) Volkman, and Jen (John) Pintar; 14 grandchildren: Brad (special friend Emily), Heather (fiancé Garret), Brooke, Emily, Cami, Jared, Riley, Brock, Johnny, Brayden, Alexis, Justin, Claire, and Jeremiah; mother, Rita Volkman; brother, Harlan (Shari) Volkman; sisters: Faye (Pat) Sheppard and Donna (Tom) Pomeroy; sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law: Jean Fuhrmann, Nancy (Rudy) Plach, Catherine Puls, James (Judy) Riehl, Leo (Judy) Riehl, Steven (Beverly) Riehl, Louis Riehl, Patricia Riehl, Gloria Riehl, Arlene Riehl and Mark Stapel; special family friend Kevin Schmidt; and many other relatives and friends.
Bob was preceded in death by his father, Lyle; father-in-law and mother-in-law, Nolan "Jim" and Rose Riehl; brothers-in-law and sister-in-law: Wesley, Paul, Leonard, Keith, Thomas, Dan Lee, Gerald, and Leslie Riehl, Jerry Puls, Norb Fuhrman, and Sharon Stapel.
Friends may call at Muehl-Boettcher Funeral Home, Seymour, on Monday, March 10, 2014 from 4 pm to 8 pm. Visitation will continue on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at St. John Evangelical Church, town of Center, from 9 am until the funeral service at 11 am with Pastor Jeffrey Suhr and Pastor Micah Martin officiating. Burial will take place at Highland Memorial Park, Appleton.
Online condolences may be expressed at www.muehlboettcher.com
The family would like to express special thanks to Dr. Avi Bar-lev, Dr. Ray, and the staff at Martha Siekman Cancer Center in Appleton for the wonderful care given to our husband, dad, and grandpa. We also wish to thank the staff at ThedaCare Hospice for allowing Bob to remain at home in his final days.
Thomas Clifford Pomeroy
M, b. June 27, 1957, d. March 16, 2015
- Birth: Thomas Clifford Pomeroy was born on June 27, 1957 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 16, 2015, at age 57.
- Note: Thomas C. Pomeroy, 57, passed away Monday, March 16, 2015 at his home with his family at his side. He was born June 27, 1957 son of the late Marion (nee Rosenthal) Pomeroy and the late Clifford Pomeroy.
Tom was born in Kaukauna and lived there all his life until last summer when Tom and Donna moved to their home on Legend Lake in Keshena.
He proudly served as a Marine reservist for eight years.
On April 30, 1978 he was united in marriage to Donna Volkman at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church in the Town of Center.
Tom has been a faithful member of St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church. He loved to spread the great news of the Risen Savior with all. His passion for Christ grew as did his faith. The faith God blessed Tom with was inspiring to his family and those around him.
Tom enjoyed wrestling and coached his son in his earlier years and watched his grandsons wrestle the last several years. He loved to attend high school wrestling meets and attended the state wrestling tournaments for 25 years, even going just two weeks ago.
The grandchildren were his pride and joy. He also enjoyed the relaxing campfires, canoe rides, and his hammock.
Tom was a hard worker with a creative and entrepreneurial mind. Everything he did was with passion and courage. He had the determination to make things happen, especially when others said it couldn't be done. He used that drive during his fight with cancer and taught others to stay strong.
He is survived by his wife Donna; three children: Jessica (Gary, deceased on 3/9/2015) Hinske, Rachel (Lane) Kufner, and Thomas (Carissa) Pomeroy; six grandchildren: Austin, Bryce, and Alyssa Kufner, Faith, Hope, and Hunter Pomeroy; four step-grandchildren: Matt, Reggie (Kari), Mike (Sara), and Jon Hinske; three step great-grandchildren: Jaxson, Weston, and Kora. He is further survived by his brother Daniel Pomeroy; two sisters: Mary Euclide and Eve (Robert) Cupp; mother-in-law Rita Volkman; brother-in-law Harlan (Shari) Volkman; two sisters-in-law: Faye (Pat) Sheppard and Lois Volkman. Also survived by other relatives and friends.
He is preceded in death by his mother and father; a son-in-law Gary Hinske; father-in-law Lyle Volkman; brother-in-law Robert Volkman; and sister-in-law Sherry Pomeroy.
Friends may call at Muehl-Boettcher Funeral Home, Seymour, on Friday, March 20, 2015 from 4pm to 8pm. Visitation will continue at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church, Town of Center on Saturday, March 21, 2015 from 9:30 am until services at 11 am with Pastor Jeffrey Suhr and Pastor Micah Martin officiating. Full military honors will be held at the church. Online condolences may be expressed at www.muehlboettcher.com
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in Tom's memory.
It was Tom's wishes to remain at home, and his family is truly grateful for the love and care provided by Harlan and Peggy for Tom and his family, which allowed Tom's wish to be granted.
Special thanks also to Fox Valley Hematology and Oncology, Appleton Medical Center, ThedaCare At Home, and ThedaCare Hospice for the care, compassion, and friendship.
You would always tell me, "You're the best", at which I would respond, "You're better than the best". Now, my love, you're with the Best of the Best, our risen Lord and Savior. Love you with all of my heart, Donna.