Sherman Glen Zastrow
M, b. March 3, 1925, d. February 18, 2011
- Birth: Sherman Glen Zastrow was born on March 3, 1925 in Town of Lawrence, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Ernestine Mary Juley were married on April 19, 1947 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Sherman Glen Zastrow died on February 18, 2011, at age 85, in Ashwaubenon, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Shrine of Good Shepherd, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Note: Sherman G. Zastrow, 85, Ashwaubenon, passed away peacefully Friday evening, Feb. 18, 2011, at home surrounded by his family. He was born on March 3, 1925, in the town of Lawrence, to European immigrant parents, Otto Zastrow (Trutzlatz, Germany) and Mary (Sieber) Zastrow (Sovenyhaza, Hungary). Sherman was the youngest of 12 children. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. On April 19, 1947, he married Ernestine Mary Juley at St. Boniface Catholic Church in De Pere; she preceded him in death in 1996. Sherman was known as a great son, husband, father, brother, grandfather, great-grandfather and friend to those who knew him. He enjoyed watching Green Bay Packers football, Milwaukee Brewers baseball and spending time with family.
Survivors include 11 children, June (Dave) Miller, De Pere; JoAnn Zastrow, De Pere; Mary (Dan) Lindner, Green Bay; Sharon Zastrow, Menasha; Donald Zastrow, Green Bay; Harold (Char) Zastrow, Green Bay; Doris Boyce, Green Bay; Steve (Sue) Zastrow, Savage, Minn.; Lloyd Zastrow, Oakdale, Minn.; Patty Zastrow, Ashwaubenon; and Pam (Peter) Ault, Green Bay; daughter-in-law, Santa Zastrow; 15 grandchildren, Jessi (Justin) Connaher, Emily (Luke) Mangless, Sara Lindner, Ryan Lindner, Andrew Zastrow, Chad Weber, Holly ( Mark) Poppenfuss, Nathan Zastrow, Diego Zastrow, Chris Boyce, Justin (Catie) Boyce, Cory (Kayla) Boyce, Joshua (Ginger) Boyce, Alyson Zastrow and Hannah Zastrow; eight great-grandchildren; six stepgrandchildren; six stepgreat-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
In addition to his parents and loving wife, Sherman was preceded in death by his eldest son, Ron Zastrow; and his 11 older brothers and sisters, Emily, Melvin, Elsie, Renata, Otto, Jr., Ervin, Les, Marie, Mable, Eunice and Reuben.
Friends may call after 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2011, at Redeemer Lutheran Church, 210 S. Oneida St., where funeral services will take place at 11 a.m. with the Rev. Paul Pett officiating. Military honors will follow. Entombment in Shrine of the Good Shepherd Mausoleum. Online condolences may be expressed at www.lyndahl.com.
The family would like to express a special thank you to the staff of Unity Hospice — especially Laurie, Nancy and Erica - for the special care they and his daughter Patty provided to Sherman.
Lyndahl Funeral Home
And Cremation Services
1350 Lombardi Avenue
Pamela Mary Zastrow
June Odelia Zastrow
F, b. July 20, 1948, d. March 8, 2012
- Birth: June Odelia Zastrow was born on July 20, 1948 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on October 23, 1982.
- Death: She died on March 8, 2012, at age 63.
- Burial: She was buried in Fort Howard Memorial Park, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Note: June O. Miller, 63, of De Pere, passed away peacefully at home surrounded by her family after a short illness. She was born July 20, 1948, a daughter of Sherman and Ernestine (Juley) Zastrow.
She worked for many years as a nursing assistant at Woodside Nursing Home and St. Mary's Hospital.
June was united in marriage to David J. Miller on October 23, 1982. June and David enjoyed the time they spent together fishing. She enjoyed watching and attending Packer games. June loved her flower garden, her dog Niki, and she loved her time spent with her grandchildren.
June is survived by her loving husband David; her stepson Trenton (Michelle) Miller grandchildren: Tristan and Myah; and stepson Scott Miller. She is further survived by her sisters and brothers: JoAnn Zastrow, Mary (Dan) Lindner, Sharon Zastrow, Don Zastrow, Harold (Char) Zastrow, Doris Boyce, Steve (Sue) Zastrow, Lloyd Zastrow, Patty Zastrow, and Pam (Peter) Ault; sister-in-law Santa Zastrow; numerous nieces, nephew, and great nieces and nephews; and David's family: Marge (Leonard) Giese, Buck (Virginia) Miller, Madeleine (Dave) Talmadge, and Betsy Miller.
June was preceded in death by her parents Sherman and Ernestine; brother Ron and her father and mother-in-law Fred and Sylvia Miller.
Friends and family may visit on Monday, March 12, 2012, at Ft. Howard Mausoleum Chapel, 1350 N. Military Ave, Green Bay, WI from 11:00 a.m. until time of service. Funeral service will follow at 1:00 p.m. Entombment will follow funeral service. A Memorial fund will be established. Please visit www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the Miller family. RYAN FUNERAL HOME, De Pere is assisting the family.
The Miller family would like to thank Unity Hospice for the care and concern shown to June and the rest of the family.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on March 9, 2012.
Jo Ann Mary Zastrow
F, b. June 2, 1950, d. October 4, 2013
- Birth: Jo Ann Mary Zastrow was born on June 2, 1950.
- Death: She died on October 4, 2013, at age 63, in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: JoAnn M. Zastrow, 63, of De Pere, died Friday evening October 4, 2013 at home. The daughter of the late Sherman and Ernestine (Juley) Zastrow was born June 2, 1950. She was a member of the first graduating class at Ashwaubenon High School, Class of 1968. JoAnn retired from St. Mary's Hospital after many years of service.
Survivors include her son, Jason (Michelle) Janssen, their children, Madelyn, Molly and Kate, as well as JoAnn's siblings, Mary (Dan) Lindner, Sharon Zastrow, Don Zastrow, Harold (Char) Zastrow, Doris Boyce, Steve (Sue) Zastrow, Lloyd Zastrow, Patty Zastrow and Pam (Peter) Ault, a sister-in-law, Santa Zastrow, brother-in-law, Dave Miller, and many nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. She was preceded in death by her parents, sister, June Miller, brother, Ron Zastrow, and a best friend, Lyn Janssen.
Family and friends may call at RYAN FUNERAL HOME AND CREMATORY 305 North Tenth Street, De Pere from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm Tuesday October 8, 2013. Funeral Service will be held at 2:00 pm on Tuesday at the funeral home. Please visit www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the Zastrow family.
Special thanks is extended to Karen and Ashley from Unity Hospice, as well as Mary, Patty and Santa for their concern during this time.
Mary Susan Zastrow
Sharon Lucille Zastrow
Ronald Matthew Zastrow
M, b. July 28, 1955, d. May 23, 2004
- Birth: Ronald Matthew Zastrow was born on July 28, 1955.
- Marriage: He was married on November 9, 1983.
- Divorce: He was divorced in 1991.
- Marriage: He was married on September 8, 1998.
- Death: He died on May 23, 2004, at age 48.
Santa Alejandrina Amador-Aguirre
Donald Glen Zastrow
Harold Sherman Zastrow
Doris Marie Zastrow
Steven Wayne Zastrow
Lloyd Thomas Zastrow
Patricia Ann Zastrow
Ethea Catherine Vandenberg
F, b. March 14, 1902, d. March 2, 1971
Family: Harold W Haag (b. October 12, 1889, d. December 13, 1965)
- Birth: Ethea Catherine Vandenberg was born on March 14, 1902 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Harold W Haag were married on January 18, 1930 in Grand Rapids, Kent Co, Michigan.
- Death: Ethea Catherine Vandenberg died on March 2, 1971, at age 68, in Belding, Ionia Co, Michigan.
Harold W Haag
M, b. October 12, 1889, d. December 13, 1965
- Birth: Harold W Haag was born on October 12, 1889 in Michigan.
- Marriage: He and Ethea Catherine Vandenberg were married on January 18, 1930 in Grand Rapids, Kent Co, Michigan.
- Death: Harold W Haag died on December 13, 1965, at age 76, in Belding, Ionia Co, Michigan.