George P Seeger
M, b. September 29, 1923, d. February 21, 2007
- Birth: George P Seeger was born on September 29, 1923 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Helen Jane Worden were married on November 18, 1944 in St Therese Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: George P Seeger died on February 21, 2007, at age 83, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Seeger, George P. “Hunk” Appleton
Age 83, died unexpectedly on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 at his home. George was born on September 29, 1923, son of the late Gustav and Katherine (McDaniel) Seeger. He graduated from Appleton West High School in 1942. George was united in marriage to his high school sweetheart, Helen J. Worden on November 18, 1944 at St. Therese Catholic Church, Appleton. George served his country in WWII from March 1943 to March 1946 in the United States Army. George owned and operated Valley Auto Parts in Appleton for 35 years, retiring in 1989. He then owned and operated Seeger Auto Sales in Appleton until he retired again in 2004 at the age of 80. George’s life long passions were restoring cars, ballroom dancing and traveling. He and his wife followed the “Big Bands” around the state, dancing almost every weekend. They traveled extensively throughout the world, visiting 12 foreign countries as well as numerous destinations in the U.S. Along with being a great dancer, George could fix anything and could make anyone laugh. He will be greatly missed by his family, his special dog “Sassy”, and all of his friends, too many to name.
George is survived by Helen, his wife of 62 years, and son Patrick (Jill) Seeger of Appleton; granddaughters: Nikki (Dan) Natalizio of Greenfield and Gina (Brad) Atkinson of Lino Lakes, MN; two great-grandchildren: 20 month old twins, George and Lucy Atkinson; brother, Edward (Jody) Seeger of Falls Church, VA; sister, Alice Seidel of Sherwood; and eight nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents, his eldest son, Richard Seeger; and his youngest son, Jeffrey Seeger; sisters: Florence Smith and Marce Kiefer.
There will be a visitation from 2:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 3, 2007 at the Wichmann Funeral Home, 537 N. Superior St, Appleton.
WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME 537 North Superior Street Appleton 739-1231.
- Graduation: He graduated from West High School, Appleton, in 1942.
Helen Jane Worden
F, b. October 6, 1924, d. June 29, 2015
- Birth: Helen Jane Worden was born on October 6, 1924 in White Lake, Langlade Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and George P Seeger were married on November 18, 1944 in St Therese Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Helen Jane Worden died on June 29, 2015, at age 90, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Helen Jane (Worden) Seeger, 90, passed away on Wednesday, June 29, 2015 in Appleton. Helen was born on October 6, 1924to Marie and Charles Worden in White Lake, Wisconsin. In 1940 the family moved to Appleton. She attended Appleton West High School, graduating in 1942. While in high school, she met George Seeger, whom she later married on November 18, 1944. They were married for 62 years. She and George danced from the day they met, until they were about 80 years old. In her early married years, she sewed and crocheted a lot and made many beautiful things. One of her greatest joys was her dog "Sassy" who was with her for many years. She was preceded in death by her loving husband George, her parents, her sons; Richard and Jeffery and her brother Harold.
Helen is survived by her son Patrick (Jill) Seeger, Estero, Florida, her granddaughters; Gina (Brad) Atkinson, Lino Lakes, Minnesota, and Nikki Seeger, Scottsdale, Arizona, and great-grandchildren; twins George and Lucy Atkinson, Lino Lakes, Minnesota. She is also survived by her sisters; Hazel Ognie, King, Wisconsin, and Sarah Paulson, Hartford, Wisconsin, along with many nieces and nephews.
At her request, there will be no service or visitation. She will be laid to rest beside George at Highland Memorial Park in Appleton, at a private family gathering. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com.
Patrick Michael Seeger
Edward Gustav Seeger
M, b. September 1, 1915, d. January 23, 2014
- Birth: Edward Gustav Seeger was born on September 1, 1915.
- Death: He died on January 23, 2014, at age 98, in Arlington, Virginia.
Joan Cecelia Kennedy
F, b. December 29, 1919, d. November 25, 2007
- Birth: Joan Cecelia Kennedy was born on December 29, 1919 in Fort Wayne, Allen Co, Indiana.
- Death: She died on November 25, 2007, at age 87, in Virginia.
Alice Kathryn Seeger
F, b. February 13, 1922, d. October 1, 2015
- Birth: Alice Kathryn Seeger was born on February 13, 1922.
- Divorce: She and Anthony J Seidel were divorced.
- Marriage: Alice Kathryn Seeger and Anthony J Seidel were married on November 22, 1945.
- Death: Alice Kathryn Seeger died on October 1, 2015, at age 93.
- Note: Alice Kathryn Seidel, age 93, of Sherwood, passed away on Thursday, October 1, 2015 with her family by her side. She was born on February 13, 1922, daughter of the late Gus and Kathryn (McDaniel) Seeger. She was united in marriage to Anthony Seidel on November 22, 1945. Tony and Allie owned and operated Tony's Bar in Sherwood for the better part of 45 years.
Allie loved to garden, plant flowers, and sing in the church choir of which she was a faithful member. She enjoyed going to Friday fish and spending time with her family and friends. Allie never forgot a birthday or to send a card. She will be dearly missed.
Alice is survived by her five children: Joan (Jack) Diedrich, Joe (Carole) Seidel, Patty (Donn) Krug, Colleen (Tim) Schumacher, and Connie (fiancé Jon Kilgore) Seidel; grandchildren: Tony Diedrich, Gina (Bill) Haring, Jon (Danielle) Diedrich, Katie (Chris) Kirkpatrick, Valerie (fiancé Tim Neuman) Seidel, Chris Schumacher, and Brad Schumacher; great grandchildren: Mason McDaniel, Parker Haring, Jackson Diedrich, Mathew Diedrich, Kaitlin and Carter Kirkpatrick; sister-in-law Mary (Donald) Pruess; and many nieces, nephews, friends and other relatives. She is preceded in death by her husband Tony, both of her parents, her siblings: Marce (Joe) Kiefer, Florence (Carl) Koletzke, Edward (Jody) Seeger, and George (Helen) Seeger; and great granddaughter Alice Haring.
Funeral services for Allie will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at ST. JOHN-SACRED HEART CATHOLIC CHURCH, N369 Military Road, Sherwood, with Fr. Ken Frozena officiating. A time of visitation will be held on Monday, October 5, 2015 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at BOETTCHER FAMILY FUNERAL HOME, 2401 Fieldcrest Drive, Kaukauna, and again the following day at church from 9:00 a.m. until the time of services. Monday evening will conclude with a 7:00 p.m. parish prayer service. Boettcher Family Funeral Home of Kaukauna is assisting the family. 766-2099. www.boettcherfamilyfuneral.com
A special thank you to: ResCare Homecare, the staff of Oakridge Gardens, and Heartland Hospice.
Anthony J Seidel
M, b. October 30, 1917, d. June 20, 2001
- Birth: Anthony J Seidel was born on October 30, 1917 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Divorce: He and Alice Kathryn Seeger were divorced.
- Marriage: Anthony J Seidel and Alice Kathryn Seeger were married on November 22, 1945.
- Death: Anthony J Seidel died on June 20, 2001, at age 83.
- Burial: He was buried in Sacred Heart Cemetery, Sherwood, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. circa 1950, d. yes
- Birth: Richard Seeger was born circa 1950.
- Death: He died yes.