Kelly Joan Griesbach
Dorothy (Sister Mary Sabella) Rickert
F, b. March 10, 1915, d. May 1992
- Birth: Dorothy (Sister Mary Sabella) Rickert was born on March 10, 1915.
- Death: She died in May 1992, at age 77.
- Occupation: She was a SSND.
Leona D Hawkins
F, b. October 29, 1920, d. April 6, 2017
Family 1: George Smith (b. July 10, 1922, d. December 30, 2001)
- Birth: Leona D Hawkins was born on October 29, 1920 in Chisholm, St Louis Co, Minnesota.
- Marriage: She and Sylvester John Rickert were married on May 29, 1940.
- Death: Leona D Hawkins died on April 6, 2017, at age 96.
- Burial: She was buried in Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery, King, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Leona D. Smith, age 96, of Menasha, passed away on Thursday, April 6, 2017. She was born on October 29, 1920 to the late Bryant and Leotha (Holland) Hawkins in Chisholm, Minnesota. Leona always took pride in herself for being a Licensed Practical Nurse. She was employed with St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton for her whole career. After retirement Leona and George lived in Deerfield Beach, Florida where they owned and operated a fish market.
Leona is survived by her daughters-in-law, Dolores Rickert and Donna Hebbeler; her son-in-law, Richard Rettke; grandchildren, Ronald II (Selena) Rickert, Julie (Glenn) Pankewich, Hydee (Cory) Cordero, Stewart Rettke and Ben Rettke. She is further survived by a special niece Judy (Mike) Demerath and their children, Scott (Kina) Demerath, Penny (Morgan) Mullin, Michelle (Dan) Krause and a dear friend, Cindy Krueger. Leona is survived by many other relatives and friends.
In addition to her parents Leona was preceded in death by her husband, George Smith; her two sons, Ronald and Paul Rickert, her daughter, Barbara Rettke; sisters, Virginia (John) Mitchell, Martha (Otto) Vollstedt; her brothers, Willard, Thomas and Robert (Jean) Hawkins
A Memorial Service will be held on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. at Wichmann Funeral Home, 537 N. Superior Street in Appleton. Visitation will be held on Wednesday starting at 3:00 p.m. until the time of the service. Interment will be held at the King Veterans Cemetery in Waupaca where she will be buried alongside her husband, George. In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to The Michael J. Fox Foundation – For Parkinson's Research. A full obituary can be found at: www.wichmannfargo.com.
M, b. February 17, 1941, d. November 6, 2012
- Birth: Ronald Rickert was born on February 17, 1941.
- Death: He died on November 6, 2012, at age 71.
Barbara J Rickert
F, b. April 15, 1943, d. January 6, 2017
- Birth: Barbara J Rickert was born on April 15, 1943.
- Marriage: She was married on May 2, 1980.
- Death: She died on January 6, 2017, at age 73.
- Note: Barbara J. Rettke née Rickert, age 73, of Appleton Passed away on Friday, January 6, 2017. She was born June 15, 1943.
Barbara married her true soul mate Richard, at the home of their good friend and matchmaker Sandy Michalkiewicz on May 2, 1980. From that moment on Barbara became an instant mother to her two step-sons, Richard Stewart and Benjamin Todd, raising them as if they were her own. Together Barbara and Richard enjoyed their many travels across the country and to Ireland. Barbara was an avid quilter and Richard an "avid quilt supporter". Richard would scout out quilt shops far and wide in his business travels and they would then visit them together. During the Iraq war she participated with an organization making quilts for soldiers, a labor of love for her. She has made many quilts for dear friends across the country and there are many Harley quilts hanging in homes and garages across the land. She was a full-time, 100% supporter and completer of Richard in all of his varied interests, including PSI World Seminars, Computer Clubs, the Shooting Sports, and most significantly in the building of their business affiliated with International Leadership Development and the Amway Corporation. She also, independently of Richard, took up the task of designing, creating and maintaining a website for an international icon in the quilting world who became a dear friend of Barbara's through the many quilt retreats Barbara attended.
She is survived by her loving and adoring husband Richard; her mother, Leona; two step-sons Benjamin Todd and Richard Stewart; two step-grandchildren Dylan Mykal and Kendra Miranda; brother-in-law Art (Janet) and sister-in-law, Diane (John) Telfer. Barbara is further survived by other relatives and dear friends.
She is preceded in death by her two brothers Ron and Paul.
A Celebration of life will be held on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 6:00p.m. at WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME, 537 N Superior Street in Appleton. A time of visitation will be held on Wednesday at 4:00p.m. until the time of the service. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in Barbara's name. Online condolences can be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com
Barbara's family would like to thank her lifelong friend Sandy Michalkiewicz; her loving caregivers who gave respite to Richard, Amy Peskie, Melissa Mayo, Melissa (Missy) Moses and Synthea Ebben; David and April Humphrey; Arnie Kremer; Kathi Miller of IRIS; and the entire ILD Organization for their 27 years of love and support; and the many local family and friends who have always loved her.
Paul James Rickert
M, b. September 19, 1944, d. October 2, 2010
- Birth: Paul James Rickert was born on September 19, 1944 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on October 2, 2010, at age 66, in Sitka, Sitka Co, Alaska.
- Note: Paul J. Rickert, age 66, died Saturday, October 2, 2010 at his home in Sitka, Alaska.He was born September 19, 1944 in Appleton.Graduated from Appleton High School (West)Graduated Northern Michigan University. Paul served in U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife Donna, Sitka, Alaska and daughter Hydee, Bremerton, WA. Mother Leona Hawkins Smith, and sister Barbara (Richard) Rettke Appleton, WI. A niece and nephew and five grandnieces.
He was preceded in death by his grandparents Bryant and Leotha Hawkins, father Sylvester (Bud) Rickert and brother, Ronald Rickert.
F, b. circa 1880, d. 1886
- Birth: Leone Bosman was born circa 1880.
- Death: She died in 1886.
- Event: She was Event in Orphan Train Rider.
- Note: Burned to death in house fire.
- Adoption: She was adopted.
William K Smith
M, b. September 10, 1871, d. September 28, 1946
- Birth: George Schink was born on September 10, 1871 in Town of Rockland, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Mathilda Anderson were married on January 24, 1900 in Morrison, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: George Schink died on September 28, 1946, at age 75, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. January 19, 1878
Family: George Schink (b. September 10, 1871, d. September 28, 1946)
- Birth: Mathilda Anderson was born on January 19, 1878.
- Marriage: She and George Schink were married on January 24, 1900 in Morrison, Brown Co, Wisconsin.