F, b. August 20, 1863, d. March 25, 1951
Family: Joseph John Stelzer (b. August 9, 1856, d. November 29, 1931)
- Charles Joseph Stelzer (b. November 14, 1886, d. December 19, 1985)
- Philomena Stelzer (b. July 1, 1888, d. August 13, 1975)
- Barbara Stelzer (b. 1890, d. September 12, 1975)
- Mathias J Stelzer (b. February 26, 1893, d. February 4, 1983)
- Mary Ann Stelzer (b. July 3, 1895, d. May 23, 1980)
- Anna Stelzer (b. 1897, d. July 8, 1967)
- Joseph John Stelzer (b. August 28, 1902, d. July 16, 1980)
- Elizabeth C Stelzer (b. April 1, 1905, d. November 5, 1967)
- Birth: Barbara Hofsteter was born on August 20, 1863 in Germany.
- Marriage: She and Joseph John Stelzer were married on November 24, 1885 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Barbara Hofsteter died on March 25, 1951, at age 87, in Rudolph, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
Lester Donald Fietzer
M, b. May 4, 1929, d. July 15, 1990
- Birth: Lester Donald Fietzer was born on May 4, 1929.
- Marriage: He and Irene Marie Roland were married on June 17, 1950 in Manawa, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Lester Donald Fietzer died on July 15, 1990, at age 61.
Irene Marie Roland
F, b. January 24, 1932, d. September 3, 2011
- Father: Phillip Roland (b. September 30, 1888, d. September 23, 1970)
- Mother: Maria Zapf (b. May 4, 1892, d. May 27, 1951)
- Birth: Irene Marie Roland was born on January 24, 1932.
- Marriage: She and Lester Donald Fietzer were married on June 17, 1950 in Manawa, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Irene Marie Roland died on September 3, 2011, at age 79.
- Note: Irene Marie (Roland) Fietzer passed away on Saturday, Sept. 3, 2001, with her family by her side. I was born on Jan. 24, 1932, and Confirmed March 25, 1945, at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Manawa. I taught Sunday school there for a couple of years.
On June 17, 1950, I married Lester Fietzer at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Manawa. Together we had eight children, Leon Fietzer, Lynn (Orin) Zirbel, Lyle Fietzer (special friend, Sherry) Lois (Steve) Cunningham, Lew Fietzer, Lana (Jerome) Simonis, Larry (Debra) Fietzer, Leo Fietzer (special friend, Kelly); 20 grandchildren and 20 great-grandchildren, also two step-great-grandchildren.
I was a charter member of the Wisconsin Donkey Mule Society. I served several years, and then became an honorary member of the society in 1991. I was on the board of directors for the Manawa Food Pantry since it started in 1994. I was a member of Emanuel Lutheran Church in New London, until I joined at St. Mark's Lutheran Church in Symco in 1990. I also was a member of the Ladies Aid and LWML at St. Mark's.
I am survived by my children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, step-great-grandchildren, sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law, Margaret (Reinhold) Roland, Arlene (Rudolf) Roland, Roger (Caroline) Fietzer, Carol (Fietzer) Rienhert, many relatives and friends.
I am preceded in death by my parents, Philip and Maria (Zapf) Roland; my husband, Lester; siblings, Adam, Reinhold, Martha (Eugene) Taylor, Olga (Herbert) Hoppe, Ann (Anton) Mikota and Rudolf; my in-laws, Albert and Leola Fietzer; two brothers-in-law, Duane, Delano Fietzer; one sister-in-law, Joanne Fietzer; and a nephew, Terry Fietzer.
The funeral service for Irene will be held on Thursday, Sept, 8, 2011, at 11 a.m. at St. Mark Lutheran Church in Symco, with the Rev. Jeffrey Smiles officiating. Burial will be in Northport Ostrander Cemetery in the Town of Mukwa. Friends may call at the Cline-Hanson-Dahlke Funeral Home in Manawa, on Wednesday from 4 to 8 p.m. and on Thursday at the church from 10 a.m. until the time of the service.
I would like to thank Pastor Smiles, St. Mark Ladies Aid, Affinity Hospice of Neenah and staff, Dr. Guenther and staff, my many family members and friends.
Mom, Grandma and Great-Grandma, you will be sadly missed by all of us, but we know that you are in a better place. Love you always.
176 N. Bridge St.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on September 5, 2011.
- Note: When my dad was a kid he'd have to milk cows on his Grandma's farm. But going into the barn from the house he and his sister Tara would have to check for the goose, then make a run for it. But the goose would see them and start hissing and they'd yell, “Grandpa!, Grandma!” But one day they ate it for Thanksgiving dinner.
Blake Fietzer 2006.
M, b. November 20, 1907, d. May 10, 1955
- Birth: Albert Fietzer was born on November 20, 1907.
- Death: He died on May 10, 1955, at age 47.
Leola Ernestine Wegener
F, b. July 11, 1905, d. October 22, 1994
- Birth: Leola Ernestine Wegener was born on July 11, 1905.
- Death: She died on October 22, 1994, at age 89, in Manawa, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. September 30, 1888, d. September 23, 1970
Family: Maria Zapf (b. May 4, 1892, d. May 27, 1951)
- Birth: Phillip Roland was born on September 30, 1888 in Volga, Russia.
- Death: He died on September 23, 1970, at age 81, in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. May 4, 1892, d. May 27, 1951
- Birth: Maria Zapf was born on May 4, 1892.
- Death: She died on May 27, 1951, at age 59.
M, b. 1864, d. 1925
Family: Theresa Yung (b. February 24, 1867, d. April 1, 1946)
- Birth: Peter Roland was born in 1864.
- Death: He died in 1925, at age ~61.
F, b. February 24, 1867, d. April 1, 1946
- Birth: Theresa Yung was born on February 24, 1867 in Austria.
- Death: She died on April 1, 1946, at age 79.
M, b. circa 1870
- Birth: Bernard Zapf was born circa 1870.
F, b. circa 1870
- Birth: Sophie Pruss was born circa 1870.
M, b. December 5, 1927, d. July 20, 2013
- Birth: Robert Matz was born on December 5, 1927 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on July 20, 2013, at age 85, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: One day my dad slept over at Great Grandpa's. Before bed my dad was playing with a Tonka truck. But when it was time for bed, he forgot to put it away and then when Grandpa went to the bathroom he slipped on the toy truck and yelled, “Grandma!” He woke everyone in the house doing so.
Blake Fietzer 2006.
- Note: Robert "Bob" Matz
Age 84, of New London, died Saturday July 20, 2013 at Theda Clark Medical Center. He was born on December 5, 1928 in Neenah, son of the late Alfred & Marie (Thompson) Matz. On September 23, 1950, he was united in marriage to Eilleen Thomsen in Kimberly. His passion was raising horses and Holstein cows. He loved playing smear and rummy and was always up for a debate on politics. He is survived by his wife Eilleen, three daughters, Connie Matz, New London, Debbie (Mark) Blazek, New London, Barb Lorge and special friend Bill Kinney, Oshkosh. Two sons, David (Michele) Matz, Appleton, John Matz, Oshkosh. 19 grandchildren and 24 great grandchildren. A son-in-law, Morris Lorge, Bear Creek. He is further survived by longtime friends, Mathias Ritchie, Bear Creek and Wesley Thoma, Neenah. He was preceded in death by a daughter Marlene, a sister Shirley Tech and a grandson Barry Matz. The Funeral Service for Bob will be held at 11:00a.m. Wednesday July 24, 2013 at Grace Lutheran Church in Sugar Bush with Rev. Preston Heuer officiating. Visitation for Bob will be held at the Cline & Hanson Funeral Home in New London on Tuesday from 4-7 p.m. and at the church on Wednesday from 9:00a.m. until the time of service. Interment will be in the New Maple Creek Cemetery. A Memorial Fund has been established.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to Bill & Kristie Sims for taking such good care of Bob during his illness, the New London Family Medical Center staff and Theda Clark Medical Center and the Flight for Life Team.
Family: Robert Matz (b. December 5, 1927, d. July 20, 2013)
M, b. January 3, 1902, d. October 1981
- Father: Albert Matz (b. January 1, 1865, d. April 27, 1952)
- Mother: Amelia Ziehm (b. September 29, 1872, d. March 18, 1959)
- Birth: Alfred Matz was born on January 3, 1902.
- Marriage: He and Marie Gladys Thompson were married on November 23, 1927.
- Death: Alfred Matz died in October 1981, at age 79.
Marie Gladys Thompson
F, b. December 29, 1908, d. October 15, 2006
Family 2: Alfred Matz (b. January 3, 1902, d. October 1981)
- Birth: Marie Gladys Thompson was born on December 29, 1908 in Hortonville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Roy Otto Smith were married in 1921.
- Marriage: Marie Gladys Thompson and Alfred Matz were married on November 23, 1927.
- Death: Marie Gladys Thompson died on October 15, 2006, at age 97, in New London, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Maple Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: October 17, 2006
Matz, Marie G. Marie G. Matz, of New London, age 97, passed away on Sunday, October 15, 2006, at St. Joseph Residence in New London. Marie was born on December 29, 1908, in Hortonville, daughter of the late Alpheus and Alma (Pichl) Thompson.
On November 23, 1927, she was united in marriage to Alfred Matz. He preceded her in death in 1981. Marie farmed with her husband in Maple Creek for most of her life. She loved to fish, garden, and baby sit for family and friends.
Marie is survived by a son, Bob (Eilleen) Matz, New London; seven grandchildren: Connie Matz, Debbie (Mark) Blazek, Barb (Bucky) Lorge, David (Michelle) Matz, John (Susie) Matz, Marsha (Bruce) Davis, and Chris (Debbie) Tech; twenty-three great-grandchildren and eleven great-great-grandchildren; a sister-in-law, Marie Matz, New London; and a son-in-law, Harry Tech, Oakes, North Dakota; also brothers-in-laws, sisters-in-laws, numerous nieces, nephews; a cousin, Harland Thompson, King; and a God daughter, Kristie Sims, New London.
Besides her parents and husband Marie is preceded in death by a daughter Shirley in 2000, two half sisters, a half brother and a great-grandson Barry in 1995.
Funeral Mass for Marie will be held on Wednesday, October 18, 2006, at 11 a.m. at Most Precious Blood Catholic Church in New London with Fr. David Lewis officiating. Burial will be in the Old Maple Creek Cemetery in the Town of Maple Creek. Friends may call directly at the church on Wednesday from 9 a.m. until the time of service.
Many thanks to Holly, Lois, Mary, Julie, Diane, Joanne and the staff at St. Joes and Heartland Hospice.
Cline & Hanson Funeral Home
209 W. Cook St., New London
- Note: One day, my Great Great Grandma was going shopping when she was seventy-seven with some family members. But as they turned a very sharp corner, Great Great Grandma fell out of the car. She didn't even seem to care much though because she just got right back in and they kept on shopping but went to the doctor the next day. Nothing was wrong though. She lived to be 97 years old, and died on the 15th of October, 2006.
Blake Fietzer 2006.
M, b. January 1, 1865, d. April 27, 1952
Family: Amelia Ziehm (b. September 29, 1872, d. March 18, 1959)
- Birth: Albert Matz was born on January 1, 1865 in Town of Hortonia, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Amelia Ziehm were married on February 11, 1898 in Dale, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Albert Matz died on April 27, 1952, at age 87.
- Burial: He was buried in Maple Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. September 29, 1872, d. March 18, 1959
Family: Albert Matz (b. January 1, 1865, d. April 27, 1952)
- Birth: Amelia Ziehm was born on September 29, 1872 in Waldo, Sheboygan Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Albert Matz were married on February 11, 1898 in Dale, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Amelia Ziehm died on March 18, 1959, at age 86.
M, b. circa 1835
- Birth: John Matz was born circa 1835.
F, b. circa 1835
- Birth: Caroline Kiekhofer was born circa 1835.
Alpheus Leonard Thompson
M, b. August 7, 1879, d. April 15, 1946
- Birth: Alpheus Leonard Thompson was born on August 7, 1879 in Town of Maine, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Catherine Marie Lohmann were married in 1910.
- Death: Alpheus Leonard Thompson died on April 15, 1946, at age 66.
Alma Josephine Pichl
F, b. May 25, 1880, d. January 17, 1909
- Birth: Alma Josephine Pichl was born on May 25, 1880 in Hortonville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on January 17, 1909, at age 28, in New London, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Emil Henry Thomson
M, b. February 11, 1891, d. August 14, 1971
- Birth: Emil Henry Thomson was born on February 11, 1891.
- Marriage: He and Anna Emma Brinkman were married in 1916.
- Death: Emil Henry Thomson died on August 14, 1971, at age 80.
Anna Emma Brinkman
F, b. 1895
- Birth: Anna Emma Brinkman was born in 1895.
- Marriage: She and Emil Henry Thomson were married in 1916.
Arnold Antone Noel
M, b. September 1, 1911, d. August 12, 2001
- Birth: Arnold Antone Noel was born on September 1, 1911 in Lincoln, Kewaunee Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Doris M Weidner were married on May 18, 1935 in Lincoln, Kewaunee Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Arnold Antone Noel died on August 12, 2001, at age 89, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Arnold "Arnie" A. Noel, 89, Green Bay, died peacefully at a local nursing home Sunday, Aug. 12, 2001 of Alzheimer's Disease. He was born Sept. 1, 1911 in the Town of Lincoln, in Kewaunee County to the late Theophile and Mary (Simon) Noel. He married the former Doris Wiedner at SS. Peter and Paul Church on May 18, 1935. During Arnold's life he worked in various cheese factories in Kewaunee County as well as Sheffords and Pauly Cheese Company's in Green Bay. His final working years were spent as a custodian at Danz School where he made many lifelong friends with both faculty and students. Arnold was an avid walker prior to his illness and was a friend to many neighbors along his travels. Survivors include his wife, Doris, Green Bay; one son and daughter-in-law, Paul and Marge Noel, New London; five grandchildren, Russell Noel, Manitou Springs, Colo.; Reed (Barb) Noel, German town; Doug (Tina) Noel, Pulaski; Kristin (Brett) Christopherson, Little Chute; and Karrie (Tony) Fietzer, Green Bay; nine great grandchildren; one daughter-in-law, Rosalie Noel, Milwaukee. He was preceded in death by his parents; one son, Roger in 1998 ; two brothers, Anton and Jule Noel. Friends may call at St. Bernard Church, 2040 Hillside Lane, Wednesday from 1 p.m. until the time of the funeral. Mass of Christian Burial Wednesday 2 p.m., at St. Bernard Church with the Rev. Jerome Pastors officiating. Burial at Allouez Catholic Cemetery. MALCORE Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. The family would like to extend a special thanks to the staff of Bornemann Nursing Home for all of the care and concern they gave to Arnie.
Doris M Weidner
F, b. October 16, 1913, d. October 26, 2005
- Birth: Doris M Weidner was born on October 16, 1913.
- Marriage: She and Arnold Antone Noel were married on May 18, 1935 in Lincoln, Kewaunee Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Doris M Weidner died on October 26, 2005, at age 92.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.