Merlin F VanGheem
M, b. July 20, 1926, d. May 24, 2010
- Birth: Merlin F VanGheem was born on July 20, 1926.
- Marriage: He was married on March 7, 1947.
- Death: He died on May 24, 2010, at age 83.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
- Note: Merlin F. "Boots" Van Gheem, 83, De Pere, passed away on Monday, May 24, 2010.
He was born July 20, 1926, to the late Frank and Minnie (Schadrie) Van Gheem.
Boots was a veteran of the United States Navy, having served in the South Pacific.
On March 7, 1947, he married Lauraine Paul.
He retired from Nicolet Paper Company. Boots loved to travel and spend time at his home in Crivitz, and winter in Florida. He also liked to feed the birds and animals that came to his feeder.
He is survived by his wife, Lauraine; his son, Alex (Diane) Van Gheem, and granddaughter, Jessica Lynn Van Gheem. Boots is further survived by his sister, Elaine (Gerald) Van Rens; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, Erwin Eggert, Lucretia Luedeman, Laurinda (Thomas) Baker, Laurelyn (Robert) Heier; and 15 nieces and nephews.
Boots was preceded in death by his parents; two sisters-in-law, Lillian Eggert, and Lauretta Walton; as well as his brother-in-law, Carl Luedeman.
Friends may call at the RYAN FUNERAL HOME, 305 N. Tenth Street, De Pere, from 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday. A funeral service for Boots will be held at 3 p.m. Burial will take place in Mt. Calvary Cemetery. Please go to www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the family. In lieu of flowers a memorial fund will be established.
Lori Ann Noffke
Anthony Gerard Marinack
Gary John Gloudemans
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
JoAnne Lynn Watermolen
Paul Thomas Buxton
Michael T Gerend