Burkart Peter Wittlin
M, b. March 7, 1813, d. July 12, 1878
- Birth: Burkart Peter Wittlin was born on March 7, 1813 in Switzerland.
- Marriage: He and Catherine Degen were married on November 26, 1844 in Switzerland.
- Death: Burkart Peter Wittlin died on July 12, 1878, at age 65, in Town of Center, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Patrick Cemetery, Stephensville (Northport), Wisconsin.
F, b. October 18, 1816, d. February 27, 1893
- Birth: Catherine Degen was born on October 18, 1816 in Switzerland.
- Marriage: She and Burkart Peter Wittlin were married on November 26, 1844 in Switzerland.
- Death: Catherine Degen died on February 27, 1893, at age 76, in Town of Center, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Patrick Cemetery, Stephensville (Northport), Wisconsin.
F, b. September 3, 1918, d. January 9, 2009
- Birth: Gertrude Weber was born on September 3, 1918 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on January 9, 2009, at age 90, in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: January 11, 2009
Delfosse, Gertrude G. (Farr) "Blondie"
Gertrude G. Delfosse, 90, passed away peacefully at her daughter Peggy's home, on Friday, Jan. 9, 2009, in Menasha. She was the born on September 3, 1918, in Menasha, daughter of the late John and Mathilda (Mader) Weber. Gert married Kenneth Farr who preceded her in death in 1962. She then married Elmer Delfosse who also preceded her in death in 1991. Gert was always on the go. She loved to go shopping, and enjoyed eating out and gambling. Gert was always available to give anyone a helping hand. She was a member of St. Gabriel Catholic Church in Neenah.
Gert is survived by her nine children, Dick Farr and special friend, Kathy; Skip Schurer and special friend, JoAnn; Gene (Sharon) Farr, Joan (Dave) Zeinert, Peggy (Don) Kloepfel, Arthur "Butch" Schurer and special friend, Kathy; Dolly (John) Mischler, Connie Gaschler; Debi (Jim) Schwehr; a daughter-in-law, Tami Schurer; 28 grandchildren; many great-grandchildren; two great great-grandchildren; special friend, Karen Angell.
Gert is further survived by several nieces and nephews; other relatives and friends.Gert was also preceded in death by a son, Ronnie Schurer; infant granddaughter, Michelle Schurer; infant great-granddaughter, Grace Olsen; and a daughter-in-law, Terry Schurer; nine brothers and sisters.
Funeral service will be held at 5:30 PM, on Monday, Jan., 12, 2009, at Martens-Laemmrich Funeral Home, 312 Milwaukee Street, Menasha, with Fr. Richard Allen officiating. Visitation will be held from 4:30 p.m until the time of the service at the funeral home.
LaVerne Frances Delfosse
Gregory Gordon Mignon
Michael Elmer Delfosse
Virginia Marie VanderWielen
Robert Gregory Mignon
William Joseph Mignon
Luke Joseph Hietpas
M, b. July 1, 1991, d. July 1, 1991
- Birth: Luke Joseph Hietpas was born on July 1, 1991 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on July 1, 1991, at age 0, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Name Cemetery, Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Appleton Post Crescent
Friday, July 5, 1991
1013 Cypress St., Little Chute
Died July 1, 1991 at Theda Clark Regional Medical Center. He was born July 1, 1991, the son of Bradley and Rita [Hofacker] Hietpas.
Besides his parents he is survived by his maternal grandparents; Peter and Elaine Hofacker, Kimberly; his paternal grandparents; Leon and Mary Hietpas, Little Chute; his paternal great grandparents; Louis and Minnie Rollo.
Private services were held Thursday and burial will be in Holy Name Cemetery, Kimberly.
Jansen-Fargo Funeral Home
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
David Anthony Kramer
Richard Norbert Young
M, b. July 12, 1932, d. May 2, 2016
- Birth: Richard Norbert Young was born on July 12, 1932 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on October 13, 1956 in Greenleaf, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 2, 2016, at age 83.
- Note: Dick and Elaine celebrated 50 years of marriage with mass at St. Phillip Church, followed by dinner and a weekend get-away with their children and grandchildren. They were wed October 13, 1956 at St. Mary’s Church, Greenleaf, WI. They have five children: Ann (Tim) Sullivan, Dan Young, Tony (Jane) Young, Kathy (Jay) Waino, and Andy (Kari) Young. They are blessed with 11 grandchildren: Tel and Hannah Sullivan; Rick (Sarah), Mandy and Joe Young; Matt and Ben Young; Mikko and Allie Waino; Cooper and Addison Young. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad, Grandma and Grandpa! We love you!
- Note: Richard (Dick) N. Young, 83, Bellevue, passed away at St. Vincent Hospital, on Monday, May 2, 2016, surrounded by his loving family. He was born in Green Bay on July 12, 1932 to the late Norbert and Myrtle (Conlon) Young. Dick served as a Sergeant in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers from 1954 to 1956 and was honorably discharged. He married Elaine DeCleene in Greenleaf on Oct. 13, 1956. He was self-employed as a mason contractor for 60 years and retired in 1992. Dick and Elaine travelled extensively throughout the United States and Europe. Dick was also an avid gardener, who raised beautiful flowers and flowering shrubs. He did volunteer work with Friends of Haiti, Green Bay Medical Mission and St. Vincent de Paul. Dick was a member of the Bellevue VFW Post, Green Bay Community Service Club, Knights of Columbus at St. Philip Parish and a charter member of the Bellevue Fire Dept.
Survivors include his wife, Elaine; children, Ann (Tim) Sullivan, Luxemburg; Dan (significant other, Jill) Young, De Pere; Tony (Jane) Young, Washington Island; Kathy (Jay) Waino, Suamico; Andy (Kari) Young, Pewaukee; grandchildren, Tel and Hannah Sullivan; Rick (Sarah), Mandy (fiance, Tyler) and Joe Young; Matt and Ben Young; Mikko and Allie Waino; Cooper and Addison Young; great grandchildren, Leah, Seth, Jude and Adah Young; brother, Bob (Mary) Young; sister, Sharon (Terry) Burke; numerous nieces and nephews; many special friends.
Dick was preceded in death by his parents; brother, Pat Young; sisters, Mary (Bernie) Lamal; Dorothy (Gene) Hare; Elaine (Don) Smeester.
Family and friends may call at the Pfotenhauer Funeral Home & Cremation Service, East-Town location, 2379 East Mason St., on Sunday, May 8, 2016 from 2 until 6:00 p.m. Prayer service 5:45 p.m. Sunday with Deacon Kevin DeCleene. Visitation continues on Monday at Prince of Peace Parish, 3425 Willow Road, Green Bay, from 9:30 until 11:00 a.m. Mass of Christian Burial 11:00 a.m. at the church with Father Dan Viertel officiating. Online condolences welcome at www.PfotenhauerFuneralHome.com
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established.
The family extends a special thank you to Bellevue Rescue, the nurses and staff of St. Vincent Hospital 7th floor, HomeInstead Home Health, Sister Helen Keyzer, Heartland Hospice and Unity Hospice.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from May 4 to May 7, 2016.
Delores M DeCleene
F, b. August 2, 1931, d. May 16, 2014
- Birth: Delores M DeCleene was born on August 2, 1931 in Greenleaf, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Robert P Blackowicz were married in 1957 in St Mary Church, Greenleaf, Wisconsin.
- Death: Delores M DeCleene died on May 16, 2014, at age 82, in McHenry, McHenry Co, Illinois.
- Note: Delores M. Blackowicz, 82, of McHenry, Ill., died Friday, May 16, 2014, at her daughter's home surrounded by loving family.
She was born Aug. 2, 1931, in Greenleaf, Wis., to Ellsworth and Ludmilla (Kabat) DeCleene. She met her future husband, Robert, in 1955, and they married in 1957 at St. Mary's Church in Greenleaf.
Delores graduated from nursing school at College of the Holy Family in Manitowoc, and first worked as an R.N. at St. Vincent Hospital in Green Bay, and later at Rolling Hills Nursing Home in Zion, Ill.
A proud mother and grandmother, she was a very caring woman who will be missed by many.
Survivors include four children, James (Lisa) Blackowicz, Thomas (Lora) Blackowicz, Cheryl (Gary) Rabine, and Jeffrey (Mary) Blackowicz; 11 grandchildren; five sisters, Elaine (Richard) Young, Mary (Robert) Young, Roseann (Paul) Vandervest, Caroline (the late Roger) Nooyen, and Donna (Joseph) Martzahl; three brothers, Donald (Sherri) DeCleene, Fran (LaVerne) DeCleene, and Joseph (Patty) DeCleene; and two sisters-in-law, Gloria Kennedy and Lyn DeCleene.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Robert Blackowicz on March 6, 2006; and her son, Gary Blackowicz, on Jan. 14, 2014; a sister, Sr. Cheryl DeCleene and two brothers, Howard and Bernard DeCleene.
Visitation will be from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday, May 18, 2014, at Justen Funeral Home & Crematory, 3700 W. Charles J. Miller Road, McHenry, IL 60050.
The funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday, May 19, 2014, at St. John the Baptist Church, Johnsburg, Ill.
Interment will be in St. Mary Cemetery, Fremont Center, Ill.
For those wishing to send an expression of condolence, her family suggests memorials to JourneyCare Foundation, 405 Lake Zurich Road, Barrington, IL 60010.
For information, please call the funeral home at 815-385-2400, or visit www.justenfh.com, where friends may leave an on-line condolence message for her family.
Robert P Blackowicz
M, b. January 16, 1929, d. March 6, 2006
- Birth: Robert P Blackowicz was born on January 16, 1929.
- Marriage: He and Delores M DeCleene were married in 1957 in St Mary Church, Greenleaf, Wisconsin.
- Death: Robert P Blackowicz died on March 6, 2006, at age 77.
Ethel Mae (Sister Cheryl) DeCleene
F, b. April 20, 1935, d. September 27, 2012
- Birth: Ethel Mae (Sister Cheryl) DeCleene was born on April 20, 1935 in Greenleaf, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on September 27, 2012, at age 77, in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Family Convent Cemetery, Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
- Occupation: She was a Manitowoc Franciscan Sister.
- Note: Sister Cheryl De Cleene, age 77, a member of the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity, died Thursday morning, September 27, 2012 at Holy Family Convent.
The former Ethel Mae De Cleene was born on April 20, 1935 in Greenleaf, daughter of the late Ellsworth and Ludmilla (Kabat) De Cleene. She entered the Convent in 1952 and professed her vows in 1954. Sister Cheryl earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Holy Family College, Manitowoc. Sister Cheryl served as a teacher at St. Paul, Manitowoc, St. John, Antigo, St. Joseph, Rice Lake, St. Joseph, Waukesha, all of Wisconsin; Holy Name, Escanaba, St. Francis de Sales, Manistique, Michigan and St. Francis of Assisi, Yuma, Arizona. She also served as Directress of Postulants and Temporary Professed at the Motherhouse, Local Director and Secretarial Aide at St. Peter the Fisherman, Two Rivers and a volunteer at St. Paul Elder Services, Kaukauna, Wisconsin. She is a member of the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity.
Survivors include the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity; three brothers and five sisters-in-law: Francis and Laverne De Cleene, DePere, Joe & Patty De Cleene, Don & Sherrie De Cleene, all of Wyndmoor, Pennsylvania, Lynn De Cleene and Gloria Kennedy, both of Greenleaf; and six sisters and four brothers-in-law: Delores Blackowicz, McHenry, Illinois, Elaine & Dick Young, Mary & Bob Young, Caroline Nooyen, Rose & Paul Vandervest, all of Green Bay and Donna & Joe Martzahl, Greenleaf. Nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends also survive. She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers; Bernard De Cleene, Howard De Cleene, two brothers-in-law; Bob Blackowicz and Roger Nooyen.
Funeral Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, October 1, 2012 at Holy Family Convent, Manitowoc. Officiating at the Mass of Christian Burial will be Father Placid Stroik, O.F.M., with Deacon Kevin De Cleene as Homilist, with burial at Holy Family Convent Cemetery, Manitowoc.
The family will greet relatives and friends at Holy Family Convent, Manitowoc, from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Sunday, September 30, 2012. A Prayer Service will be held at 7:00 p.m. at the Holy Family Convent Chapel.
The Pfeffer Funeral Home, Manitowoc, is assisting the family with funeral arrangements.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on September 28, 2012.
Robert Edward Young
M, b. July 19, 1932, d. October 9, 2014
- Birth: Robert Edward Young was born on July 19, 1932.
- Death: He died on October 9, 2014, at age 82.
- Note: Robert Edward Young, 82, Appleton, WI, passed away peacefully with his family by his side on Thursday, October 9, 2014, (60th Wedding Anniversary). He was born on July 19, 1932, son of the late Esther (Wichman) Young and Edward Young, Jr.
Bob is lovingly survived by his wife, Helen, of 60 years, a daughter: Connie (Bruce) Verbeten, Appleton, WI., son: Greg (Anne) Young, Greenville, WI., grandsons: Chad Verbeten, Appleton, WI., and Michael Young, Greenville, WI., granddaughters: Angie (Chris) Boehnlein, Sherwood, WI., and Sarah (Jason) Witthuhn, Appleton, WI., great-granddaughters: Mikayla Boehnlein, Sherwood, WI., and Lilly Witthuhn, Appleton, WI., and great-grandson: Brayden Witthuhn, Appleton, WI..
Bob is further survived by brothers: Donald (Byrdene) Young, Terry (Linda) Young, and sisters: Naomi (Lonnie) Iris and Sheila Kreisle, sisters-in-law: Toni Young and Helen Anholzer, and brother-in-law: John Anholzer, also numerous nieces and nephews.
Bob loved spending time with his family, especially during those summer vacations at a cottage up north. He was an avid hunter; fisherman and he especially loved time spent with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
A private service with immediate family is being held.
Special thanks to all the "Special Angels" from Living Tree Estates and Southern Care Hospice who took such good care of dad. You will forever be in our hearts.