Thomas John Huhn
M, b. November 10, 1935, d. July 30, 1990
- Birth: Thomas John Huhn was born on November 10, 1935 in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Mary C Potratz were married on September 26, 1959 in St Margaret Mary Church, Neenah, Winnebego Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Thomas John Huhn died on July 30, 1990, at age 54, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Margaret Mary Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Appleton Post Crescent, 29 Jul 1959
TELL TROTH OF MARY POTRATZ, THOMAS HUHN
NEENAH - Announcement has been made of the engagement of Miss Mary C. Potratz and Thomas Huhn by Mr. and Mrs. James J. Potratz, 127 Gruenwald avenue, brother and sister-in-law of the bride-elect. Miss Potratz is the daughter of teh late Mrs. Mary Potratz, Neenah, and her fiance is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Matt Huhn, Sherwood.
The bride-elect, a Neenah High school graduate, is employed by George Banta company. Mr. Huhn was graduated from Kaukauna High school, served four years in the air force and is proprietor of Standard Service station Kimberly.
The couple will be married in October.
Mary C Potratz
F, b. July 10, 1937, d. July 2, 2008
- Birth: Mary C Potratz was born on July 10, 1937 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Thomas John Huhn were married on September 26, 1959 in St Margaret Mary Church, Neenah, Winnebego Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Mary C Potratz died on July 2, 2008, at age 70.
- Burial: She was buried in St Margaret Mary Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: July 4, 2008
Huhn, Mary C.
Mary C. Huhn, Neenah, age 70, passed away peacefully following a three-month battle with cancer on Wednesday, July 2, 2008. She was born July 10, 1937, in Neenah, daughter of the late Douglas and Mary (Zellner) Potratz. Mary was a life-long Neenah resident. She married Thomas Huhn on September 26, 1959. He preceded her in death on July 30, 1990. Mary retired from Wisconsin Tissue in 1996. She loved to camp at Hucklberry Acres. She also loved to gamble, watching TV, and pamper all of her pets. Mary's favorite thing was spending time with family and friends.
Mary was a member of St. Gabriel Catholic Church in Neenah.
Survivors include a son, Steven Huhn, Gresham; a daughter, Cindy (John) Rothwell, Appleton; a brother, James (Ann) Potratz, Menasha; and a sister-in-law, Ruth Potratz, Missouri.
Mary was preceded in death by a brother, Douglas.
Funeral services will be held at 7 p.m. Monday, July 7, 2008, at Neenah's Westgor Funeral Home with Fr. Richard Allen officiating. Visitation will be held on Monday from 4 p.m. until the time of service. Interment will be in St. Margaret's Cemetery, Neenah, on Tuesday at noon. A memorial is being established in her name.
WESTGOR FUNERAL HOME
205 W. Doty Ave.
David Leo Huhn
M, b. February 1, 1938, d. July 12, 2007
- Birth: David Leo Huhn was born on February 1, 1938 in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Shirley Anne Towne were married on April 30, 1960 in Sacred Heart Church, Sherwood, Wisconsin.
- Death: David Leo Huhn died on July 12, 2007, at age 69, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Sacred Heart Cemetery, Sherwood, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: July 14, 2007
Huhn, David L. David L. Huhn, Kimberly, age 69, died on Thursday, July 12, 2007, at Appleton Medical Center.
The Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, July 16, 2007, at SACRED HEART CATHOLIC CHURCH, Sherwood, with Fr. Philip Dinh-Van-Thiep officiating. Friends will be received on Sunday, July 15, 2007, at BOETTCHER FAMILY FUNERAL HOME, 2401 Fieldcrest Dr., Kauakauna, from 5 to 8 p.m. and again directly at church on Monday from 10:00 a.m. until the time of service. In lieu of flowers a memorial is being established. 920-766-2099.
July 15, 2007
Huhn, David L. David L. Huhn, of Kimberly, age 69, died on Thursday, July 12, 2007, at Appleton Medical Center. He was born on February 1, 1938, in Black Creek, son of the late Mathias and Felice (Kronschnabel) Huhn. On April 30, 1960, David married Shirley Towne at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Sherwood. The couple lived in Sherwood for nine years, moving to Kimberly in 1970. David was a 1956 graduate of St. Mary High School, Menasha. He was employed for 37 years at Appleton Mills (now Voith) retiring in 1996. David was a Jr. Bowling Coach in Kimberly for 15 years. He was an avid reader, bowler, golfer and enjoyed a good game of gin. He loved music, baseball, spending time with his grandchildren, sharing a good joke, and being at the lake. He was a member of Holy Name Catholic Church, Kimberly.
He is survived by his wife, Shirley (Towne) Huhn; his children: Christine Huhn, Huntington, WV; Melissa and Scott Schlack, Neenah; and Matthew and Shawn Huhn, Appleton; grandchildren: Ian and Emma Huhn, and Nina Schlack; sisters: Rita Schneider, Port Edwards; Carole (Joe) Diederich and Grace Bauer, all of Sherwood; and Helen (Robert) Schipferling, Mosinee; sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law: Gene Maurer, Sherwood; Mary Huhn, Neenah; and Rose Huhn, Appleton. He is further survived by his wife's family: Nancy (Gary) Strebe, Appleton; Karen (Ken) Uhland, Pulaski; and Larry Getchel, Pickerel; and Howard Gaudette, Florida, many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his infant son, Lee David; a sister, Ruth Maurer; brothers, Tom and Dennis Huhn; brothers-in-law: Eugene Schneider and Orly Bauer. He was further preceded in death by Shirley's family: mother and father-in-law, Ben and Lenora (Barden) Towne; Bette (Tom) Roberts, Carol Gaudette, Nila Getchel and Robert Towne.
The Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11 a.m. on Monday, July 16, 2007, at SACRED HEART CATHOLIC CHURCH, Sherwood, with Fr. Philip Dinh-Van-Thiep officiating. Friends will be received on Sunday, July 15, 2007, at BOETTCHER FAMILY FUNERAL HOME, 2401 Fieldcrest Dr., Kauakauna, from 5 to 8 p.m. and again directly at church on Monday from 10 a.m. until the time of service. In lieu of flowers a memorial is being established. 920-766-2099.
The family wishes to express sincere thanks to Dr. Ferrante, and all the Doctors and nurses in ICU and 2 South at Appleton Medical Center for their compassionate care and concern.
Shirley Anne Towne
F, b. July 21, 1938, d. April 12, 2016
- Birth: Shirley Anne Towne was born on July 21, 1938 in Wild Rose, Waushara Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and David Leo Huhn were married on April 30, 1960 in Sacred Heart Church, Sherwood, Wisconsin.
- Death: Shirley Anne Towne died on April 12, 2016, at age 77.
- Note: Shirley A. Huhn, age 77, Little Chute (formerly of Kimberly), passed away peacefully on Tuesday, April 12, 2016. She was born on July 21, 1938 in Wild Rose, Wisconsin, daughter of the late Ben and Lenora (Barden) Towne. On April 30, 1960, Shirley married David L. Huhn at Sacred Heart Church, Sherwood. They enjoyed 47 years together until his death in 2007. Shirley was a 1957 graduate of Wild Rose High School and worked various clerical jobs over the years including New Page in Kimberly before retiring in 1995.
Shirley enjoyed sewing, crocheting, knitting, quilting, playing canasta and gin, traveling, water aerobics at the YMCA and spending time with her family and friends. She crocheted baby hats for many years for Appleton Medical Center. Shirley belonged to T.O.P.S. of Kimberly. She was a member of Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Kimberly.
Shirley is survived by her children: Christine, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Melissa and Scott Schlack, Neenah, Matt and Shawn Huhn, Columbus, Ohio. Grandchildren: Ian and Emma Huhn and Nina Schlack; sister Nancy (Gary) Strebe, Appleton; sister-in-law Karen (Ken) Uhland, Pulaski, and brother-in-law Larry Getchel, Pickerel; many nieces and nephews. Shirley is further survived by David's family, sisters-in-law Rita Schneider, Port Edwards; Grace Bauer, Sherwood; and Helen (Bob) Schifferling, Mosinee; brother-in-law Joseph Diederich, Sherwood; many nieces and nephews.
Shirley leaves behind countless loving friends who brought immense joy to her life including Merilee Dickrell and Christopher Francek.
Shirley was preceded in death by her infant son, Lee David; three sisters: Bette (Tom) Roberts, Carol (Howie) Gaudette, Nila Getchel and one brother Robert Towne; mother and father-in-law Mathias and Felice Huhn; sisters-in-laws and brothers-in-law, Carole Diederich; Ruth (Gene) Mauer; Tom (Mary) Huhn; Dennis (Rose) Huhn; Orlando Bauer; Eugene Schneider; and many close friends and relatives.
Mass of Christian Burial for Shirley will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at ST. JOHN-SACRED HEART CATHOLIC CHURCH, N369 Military Rd., Sherwood with Fr. Michael Betley officiating. Friends may call on Monday, April 18, 2016 at BOETTCHER FAMILY FUNERAL HOME, 2401 Fieldcrest Dr., Kaukauna from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. with parish prayer service at 6:45 concluding the evening. Friends may call again on Tuesday directly at Church from 10:00 a.m. until the time of service. In Lieu of flowers, a memorial fund is being established. Please join the family for a luncheon directly after the service. 766-2099 www.boettcherfamilyfuneral.com
The family wishes to thank Dr. Yao and the staff of Fox Valley Hematology; Dr. Michaelis of Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee; the ThedaCare Hospice Team for their compassionate care and support.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from Apr. 14 to Apr. 17, 2016.
Dennis Charles Huhn
M, b. February 3, 1940, d. December 7, 2000
- Birth: Dennis Charles Huhn was born on February 3, 1940 in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on November 30, 1957.
- Divorce: He was divorced in 1967.
- Marriage: He and Rosalie Elizabeth Reed were married on March 18, 1980.
- Death: Dennis Charles Huhn died on December 7, 2000, at age 60, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Appleton Post Crescent, March 23, 1967
Dennis C. Huhn, 27, 1119 W Third St., Kimberly, was divorced by Jacqueline Huhn, 26, 607 E Roeland Ave, Appleton. The couple was married Nov. 30, 1957, and had four children. Huhn is to pay $50 a week support.
Charles Alexander Farah
Rosalie Elizabeth Reed
F, b. March 8, 1929, d. September 1, 2008
- Birth: Rosalie Elizabeth Reed was born on March 8, 1929 in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Gregory Francis Thomson were married on September 23, 1951.
- Marriage: Rosalie Elizabeth Reed and Dennis Charles Huhn were married on March 18, 1980.
- Death: Rosalie Elizabeth Reed died on September 1, 2008, at age 79, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: September 3, 2008
Huhn, Rosalie E
Rosalie E. Huhn (Reed), Appleton, age 79, passed away at Rennes Health Center in Appleton on Monday, September 1, 2008. She was born in Seymour on March 8, 1929, the daughter of the late Joseph and Sarah (Mullen) Reed. Rose was formerly married to Gregory Thomson and later married Dennis Huhn on March 18, 1980. He preceded her in death on December 7, 2000. She spent many years working at Kmart. Rose was proud of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren and loved to sew everything from bride's maid's dresses to clothing for special occasions for them. She enjoyed family gatherings and will be remembered for making our holidays special.
Rose is survived by her children: Jim (Martha) Thomson of Chesapeake, VA, and their children: Jennifer (Brian) Buss of Kona, HI, Jim (Fernanda) Thomson, Jr. of Willingboro, NJ, and David Ellis and his daughter Jordyn, of Chesapeake, VA; Richard (Margaret) Thomson of Neenah and their children: Richard Jr. (Amy) Thomson of Sun Prairie, WI, Sarah (Nick) Pitzer of Austin, MN; and Robert (Ann) Thomson of Omro, WI, Daniel (Carrie) Thomson of New Milford, CT, and Elizabeth (Shane) Bricco of Neenah; Sue Acord, "Mom's favorite," of Hortonville and her children: Rick (Betsy) Acord of Kaukauna and Michael (Kim) Acord of Appleton, and Sue's special friend, Mark Banker and Mark's children: Dylan and Taylor; Terri (Jonathan) Bartz and their children: Benjamin and Kaitlin, all of Appleton; and Gregg W. "Bill" (Kari) Thomson and their children: Alli of Beloit and Quinn and Haley of Appleton; Karen (Chuck) Farah and their children: Alex, Abby and John (Shari) Huhn all of Appleton, and his daughter Michelle of Dallas, TX; Mark (Kim) Huhn and their daughter Molly, of Kaukauna, Ellen Crego and her children: Lana, Emily and Jared of Coloma, WI; great-grandchildren: Paris, Kaden and Lotus Buss; Anika Thomson, Claudia Pitzer and Jessa Bricco; Jacob, Madison and Noah Acord; brothers and sisters: Don (Dorothy) Reed, Lloyd (Joyce) Reed, Pat (Donna) Reed, Joan (Jim) Kralovetz; and sisters-in-law: Delores Reed and Gladys Reed.
She is preceded in death her husband, Dennis; her parents; great-grandson, Caleb Weber; brothers and sisters: Florence (Gust) Laske, Ellen (Herbert) Wendt, James Reed, Eugene (Kathleen) Reed, Thomas Reed and Gerald Reed.
The funeral liturgy will be at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, September 6, 2008, at ST. MARY CATHOLIC CHURCH, 312 S. State St., Appleton, with Fr. Michael O'Rourke officiating. Friends will be received at the funeral home on Friday, September 5, from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. and at the church on Saturday from 12:30 p.m. until the time of the mass. Burial will be in St. Mary Cemetery, Appleton.
The family extends a special thank you to the staff at Rennes Health Center and to Dr. Timothy Wycoff for their compassionate care.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund in Rosalie's name is being established.
Wichmann Funeral Home
537 North Superior Street
M, b. January 23, 1908, d. August 8, 1928
- Birth: Alphonse VandenBosch was born on January 23, 1908 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 8, 1928, at age 20, in Wrightstown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Paul Cemetery, Wrightstown, Wisconsin.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America