Howard Arnold Rogers
M, b. August 10, 1937, d. November 23, 2014
- Birth: Howard Arnold Rogers was born on August 10, 1937 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Joan Louise Steffeck were married on January 1, 1961.
- Death: Howard Arnold Rogers died on November 23, 2014, at age 77.
- Note: Howard Arnold Rogers
On November 23, 2014, Howard Arnold Rogers, 77, passed from this life to be with Joan, his wife of 42 years who preceded him in death on January 12, 2003. Howard was born in Appleton, Wisconsin on August 10, 1937 to Luella and Arnold Rogers who also preceded him in death along with his sister, Betty (Rogers) Smith. Howard was raised in the Appleton area and attended Badger School, Wilson Junior High, Appleton High School, and the School of Civil Engineering at the University of Wisconsin - Madison. Howard and Joan were married on January 1, 1961 and resided in Madison until he entered into the United States Army where he served as intelligence agent. Upon return from Fort Bragg, North Carolina, Howard was employed at Southeast, Northeast, and East Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commissions until his retirement in 1992. Prior to his army service he was employed at the Madison Wisconsin city planning department.
Howard is survived by his caring and loving sons, Scott (Madison), Gregg (Kaukauna), daughter-in-law Julie and granddaughters Emily Marie and Brianna Joan. He is also survived by a grandson Jacob and daughter Paula.
Many thanks to Debra Smith, who has been a special niece and very good friend. Special thanks to Dorothy, Mary and Pat for their longtime friendship and care. Howard and the family would also like to give a special thanks to Dr. Schelble (Affinity) , Dr. Wilson, Dr. Mariano, and Josh White (AMC) for their years of great health care and to THEDA CARE at Home Hospice.
A Memorial Service will be held at THE FIRST CONGREGATIONAL UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST at 724 E. South River St., Appleton, Wisconsin on Friday, December 12, 2014 at 11 a.m. with Reverend Jane B. Anderson to officiate. The family will receive relatives and friends at the church from 10 a.m. until the time of the service.
In Lieu of flowers, all memorials should be made to:
Fox Valley Humane Society, St. Joseph's Food Pantry, or Salvation Army
When we think of a man who had so much compassion and love for others, we see your face. You spent so much of your life taking care of and helping family, friends and even sometimes those you barely knew. You gave of yourself so freely to help ease the suffering of others all the while you were suffering with health issues of your own. What a wonderful gift from God that you, along with your great sense of humor, were a part of our lives. It is His choice now that your suffering be ended. Although He has closed this chapter in our lives of spending time with you, He has opened a scrapbook in our minds blessed with beautiful memories. Be at peace now Sweet Man knowing you will be forever loved.
Joan Louise Steffeck
F, b. June 15, 1938, d. January 12, 2003
- Birth: Joan Louise Steffeck was born on June 15, 1938 in Clintonville, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Howard Arnold Rogers were married on January 1, 1961.
- Death: Joan Louise Steffeck died on January 12, 2003, at age 64.
Chad David Liebhauser
M, b. February 28, 1967, d. February 27, 2005
- Birth: Chad David Liebhauser was born on February 28, 1967 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on June 8, 1991 in St John Nepomucene Church, Little Chute, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 27, 2005, at age 37.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/12/70.
- Note: Liebhauser, Chad David
Chad David Liebhauser, age 37 of Little Chute died Sunday, February 27, 2005 as the result of a snowmobile accident. Chad was born February 28, 1967 in Neenah. He was employed at Warehouse Specialists Incorporated for 15 years and was a member of St. John Nepomucene Catholic Church, Little Chute. Chad enjoyed snowmobiling and country music. He loved the northwoods and being with his family and friends.
Chad was an extraordinary father and will be sadly missed by his 2 daughters: Ashley and Kayla, Little Chute; mother, Mary Liebhauser, Oshkosh; father and stepmother, Dan (Cher) Liebhauser, Neenah; sister, Amy Liebhauser and fiance Nathan, Menasha; brother, Derek Liebhauser, Neenah; grandmother, Inez Fitzgerald, neenah; numerous aunts, uncles, cousins, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his grandparents: Gilbert and Clarice Ahrens, Gilbert Liebhauser and William Fitzgerald.
Funeral services will be 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 2, 2005 at St. John Nepomucene Catholic Church, Little Chute with Rev. Patrick Beno officiating. Interment will be in St. John Cemetery, Little Chute. Friends may call at the Verkuilen Funeral Home from 1:30 p.m. Wednesday until the time of the mass. In lieu of flowers a memorial has been established for Chad's daughters, Ashley and Kayla.
VERKUILEN FUNERAL HOME
101 Canal St.
Jennifer Ann Klein
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
M, b. August 1, 1886, d. February 1, 1952
Family: Mary Kern (b. January 17, 1886, d. April 14, 1957)
- Birth: Frank Schmidt was born on August 1, 1886 in Greenville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 1, 1952, at age 65, in Greenville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. January 17, 1886, d. April 14, 1957
- Father: John Kern (b. May 19, 1853, d. August 25, 1931)
- Mother: Maria Deml (b. May 27, 1859, d. December 7, 1919)
- Birth: Mary Kern was born on January 17, 1886 in Town of Grand Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on April 14, 1957, at age 71, in Town of Harrison, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. October 6, 1792
- Birth: Kathrina Steidl was born on October 6, 1792 in Bohemia, Czech Republic.
Francis B VanderLogt
M, b. April 28, 1917, d. June 29, 2008
- Birth: Francis B VanderLogt was born on April 28, 1917 in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Ethel Mae Redeker were married on June 19, 1945 in Mishicot, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Francis B VanderLogt died on June 29, 2008, at age 91, in Two Rivers, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: June 30, 2008
Vander Logt, Francis B. "Buster"
Francis B. "Buster" Vander Logt, 91, 617 Oak St., Mishicot, entered into eternal life on Sunday, June 29, 2008, at the Aurora Medical Center in Two Rivers. Buster was born April 28, 1917, in Kimberly to the late John and Theresa Lockschmidt Vander Logt. Buster served in the 101st Airborne Division of the United States Army. He married the former Ethel Mae Redeker on June 19, 1945, at St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church. Buster worked in the maintenance division of the Manitowoc Co. Hwy. Department for many years and retired in 1980. He was a member of St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church, the Mishicot Sportsmans Club, the Mishicot Senior Citizens, and to the Manitowoc Gardening Club and M.A.G.I.C. He served as a volunteer for the Mishicot Fire Department and was a former deputy for Manitowoc County. Buster had a great passion for gardening.
Survivors include his loving wife, Ethel Mae; one daughter and son-in-law, Kay Lynn and Rex Holbrook, Appleton; one son, Roger Vander Logt, Oshkosh; two grandchildren, Abbey Holbrook, Jeffrey (Jenn) Vander Logt; two great-grandchildren, Braxton and Payton. He is further survived by one brother-in-law, Pastor William (Anita) Redeker, Sheboygan; and by many nieces and nephews.
In addition to his parents he was also preceded in death by two brothers, Pete and Vince; and by two sisters, Mary and Theresa.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, July 2, 2008, at St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Mishicot, with the Rev. Robert Johannes officiating, with burial to follow in the Mishicot Public Cemetery. Relatives and friends may call from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday at the Lambert-Eckert Funeral Home 344 So. State St., in Mishicot. Visitation will continue after 10 a.m. on Wednesday at St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church, until the time of service at 11 a.m. A memorial fund has been established for St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church of Mishicot.
NO MAN IS CLOSER
THAN WHEN HE
IS IN HIS GARDEN.
Ethel Mae Redeker
F, b. July 10, 1925, d. November 18, 2013
- Birth: Ethel Mae Redeker was born on July 10, 1925 in Mishicot, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Francis B VanderLogt were married on June 19, 1945 in Mishicot, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Ethel Mae Redeker died on November 18, 2013, at age 88, in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ethel Mae VanderLogt, age 88, a lifelong Mishicot resident, entered into eternal life Monday morning, November 18, 2013 at the Walnut Grove Assisted Living Facility in Manitowoc. Ethel was born July 10, 1925, in Mishicot, to the late Arthur and Libby Ramesh Redeker. She was a graduate of the Mishicot High School. Ethel married Francis "Buster" VanderLogt June 19, 1945. He preceded her in death June 29, 2008. She worked as a teacher's aide for the Mishicot Elementary School System. Ethel was a lifelong member of St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Mishicot. She enjoyed playing sheepshead, flower gardening, singing in church, and traveling the United States and to many country's throughout the world with Buster.
Ethel is survived by one daughter and son-in-law, Kay and Rex Holbrook, of Appleton, one son, Roger VanderLogt, of Mishicot; two grandchildren, Abbey Holbrook, Jeffrey (Jenn) VanderLogt; two great-grandchildren, Payton and Braxton. She is further survived by one brother and sister-in-law, Pastor William and Anita Redeker, of Sheboygan; nieces, and nephews.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 23, 2013 at St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Mishicot, with the Reverend Robert Johannes officiating, with burial to follow in the Mishicot Public Cemetery. Relatives and friends may call after 9:00 a.m. on Saturday at the church, until the time of service at 11:00 a.m. There will be no Friday evening visitation. A memorial fund has been established in her name. Ethel's family would like to express a very special thank you to the entire staff of the Walnut Grove Assisted Living Facility, and to the Manitowoc County Community Hospice, especially to Tina, for the love, and special care given to Ethel during her illness. Your kindness will always be remembered. The Lambert-Eckert Funeral Home of Mishicot is assisting the VanderLogt family with funeral arrangements.
F, b. July 4, 1926, d. September 4, 2002
- Birth: Theresa VanderLogt was born on July 4, 1926 in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on September 4, 2002, at age 76.
Phyllis Frances Hanson
Stuart Stanley Schmidt
M, b. January 14, 1926, d. February 27, 1997
- Birth: Stuart Stanley Schmidt was born on January 14, 1926 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Mary Antoinette Vanderlogt were married on November 6, 1953 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Stuart Stanley Schmidt died on February 27, 1997, at age 71, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. June 28, 1920, d. October 21, 1920
- Birth: Gertrude VandeLogt was born on June 28, 1920 in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on October 21, 1920, at age 0, in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Lisa Ann VanRossum