Terry L Birling
Bernice A Helein
F, b. August 8, 1932, d. June 26, 2011
- Birth: Bernice A Helein was born on August 8, 1932.
- Death: She died on June 26, 2011, at age 78.
- Burial: She was buried in Resthaven Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: Cross, Bernice A. (Nee Helein) "Tiny"
Bernice A. Cross, age 78, of Menasha passed away on Sunday afternoon, June 26, 2011 after a lingering illness. Bernice "Tiny" was born August 8, 1932. Throughout her life she was hard-working and dependable.
Bernice was a warm, loving wife, mother, sister, grandmother, great grandmother, and aunt. She was very sweet-natured, kind, and generous. She loved NASCAR and listening to her scanner. She was a member of St. Timothy Lutheran Church.
She is survived by her children: Christine (Dan) Diehl, Greg (Denise) Cross, Mary (Jim) Larson, Barney (Diane) Cross, Robert (Connie) Cross; 14 grandchildren; 12 great grandchildren; sister, Elsie (Wayne) Helein Johnson; brother-in-law, Ted Birling; Sister-in-law, LaVern Helein; many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband, Russell Earl Cross, parents: Barney and Cecilia (Pomeroy) Helein; sisters: Dorothy Birling, Bette Schiedermayer; her twin brother, Bernard Helein; and son-in-law, Gerald Heidke.
We invite you to celebrate Bernice's life with a gathering of friends and family sharing stories, laughter, and love on Friday, July 1, 2011at 11:00 a.m. at St. Timothy Lutheran Church in Menasha with Rev. Gary Nokleberg officiating. Friends will be received at the church from 9:00 a.m. until the hour of service. Interment will be in Resthaven Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund is being established in Bernice's name.
A special thank you to ThedaCare at Home Hospice and Theda Clark Medical Center. They were very special people.
Now a special note from Mom,
"I will miss everyone, but I'll be with people I love. (I hope)"
Westgor Funeral Home
205 W. Doty Ave.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on June 29, 2011.
Russell Earl Cross
M, b. December 9, 1931, d. January 4, 1989
- Birth: Russell Earl Cross was born on December 9, 1931 in Winneconne, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 4, 1989, at age 57, in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Resthaven Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
F, b. February 10, 1935, d. August 5, 2011
- Birth: Elsie Helein was born on February 10, 1935 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Leo A Johnson were married in 1953.
- Marriage: Elsie Helein and Wayne Johnson were married in 1985.
- Death: Elsie Helein died on August 5, 2011, at age 76, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Margaret Mary Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Elsie E. Johnson, 76, Neenah, passed away on Friday evening, Aug. 5, 2011, at her home. She was born on Feb. 10, 1935, in Neenah, daughter of the late Barney and Celia (Pomroy) Helein. In 1953, she married Leo Johnson in Neenah and he preceded her in death in 1975. In 1985, Elsie re-married E. Wayne Johnson in Elderon, Wis.
Elsie was a loving, devoted mother who gave her life to her children and grandchildren. She was described as a "neat freak" and enjoyed flowers, crafts, gardening and walking with her husband and her beloved dogs.
She will be sadly missed by her husband, E. Wayne Johnson; her children, Leo, Jr. (Sue) Johnson, Manawa; Vicky (Jeff) Reffke, Neenah; Gail (Jeff) Huss, Hortonville; step-children, Ronald Johnson, Neenah; Diane Johnson, Neenah; Susan Lynn (Peter) Guckenberg, Omro; Daniel (Peggy) Johnson, Amberg; nine grandchildren, six step-grandchildren, five great-grandchildren and three step-great grandchildren. She is further survived by her sister-in-law, LaVerne Helein, Menasha; and brothers-in-law, Ted Birling, Clintonville; William (Carol) Johnson, Menasha; as well as several nieces, nephews, other relatives, and friends.
In addition to her parents and her first husband, Leo, Sr., she was preceded in death by her granddaughter, Tracy Huss; sisters, Dorothy Birling, Betty Scheidermayer, Bernice "Tiny" Cross; and her brother, Bernard Helein.
The memorial service for Elsie will be held on Monday, Aug. 15, 2011, at 11 a.m. at Neenah's Westgor Funeral Home with the Rev. David L. Skarsten officiating. Friends will be received at the funeral home from 9 a.m. until the hour of service. She will be laid to rest in St. Margaret Cemetery next to Leo, Sr.
In lieu of flowers, memorials in Elsie's name are appreciated to Heartland Hospice.
Westgor Funeral Home
205 W. Doty Ave.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from August 9 to August 14, 2011.
M, b. August 12, 1932, d. June 19, 2014
Family 2: Elsie Helein (b. February 10, 1935, d. August 5, 2011)
- Birth: Wayne Johnson was born on August 12, 1932 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Elsie Helein were married in 1985.
- Death: Wayne Johnson died on June 19, 2014, at age 81.
- Note: Wayne "Cookie" Johnson, of Neenah, age 81, passed away surrounded by his family on Thursday, June 19, 2014. He was born August 12, 1932 in Neenah, son of the late Helmer and Bernice (Seelow) Johnson.
Wayne married Jacqueline Miller and she preceded him death in 1993. He married Elsie Helein and she preceded him in death on August 5, 2011.
Wayne served in the US Navy during the Korean War. He was stationed on the USS Coral Sea and USS Oriskany. After his Navy tour, he returned to Neenah and worked as a millwright for Bergstrom Paper Co. and Kimberly-Clark. Wayne and Elsie moved to Elderon in 1984 and purchased Wayne and Elsie's Bar, returning to Neenah in 2004.
Wayne was involved with many organizations, his most passionate organizations were: Trees for Tomorrow and Suburban Athletics. He was one of first coaches and worked side by side with the developers, building Suburban Athletics to what it is today. In retirement, he became a World Class Hickory Nut cracker.
Survivors include his children: Ronald Johnson (special friend Kay), Diane Johnson, Susan (Peter) Guckenberg, Daniel (Peggy) Johnson, Vicky (Jeff) Reffke, Gail (Jeff) Huss, Leo (Sue) Johnson; 15 grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren; a sister, Janet Miller; and a brother, Helmer (Samantha) Johnson.
Wayne was preceded in death by a granddaughter, Tracy Huss; a brother, Folger; and two sisters: Jalaine and June and his beloved dog Charmin.
A memorial service will be held at 11:30 AM on Monday, June 23, 2014, at Neenah's Westgor Funeral Home. The visitation will be held from 9:30 AM until the hour of service. In lieu of flowers a memorial is being established in his name.
The family sends a special thank-you to the Theda Clark 2 South Staff for the care they provided to Dad and to the family.
Westgor Funeral Home
205 W. Doty Ave.
Bernard Ralph Helein
M, b. August 8, 1932, d. September 27, 2004
- Birth: Bernard Ralph Helein was born on August 8, 1932 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on June 14, 1951 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 27, 2004, at age 72, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Margaret Mary Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Helein, Bernard Ralph "Barney"
Bernard R.Helein age 72, of Menasha, passed away Monday September 27, 2004 at Theda Clark Medical Center. He was born in Neenah on August 8, 1932, the son of the late Barney and Cecelia (Pomeroy) Helein. On June 14, 1951, he married LaVerne Lindgren at St. Timothy's Church in Menasha. Barney attended Neenah High School, served in the United States Army during the Korean War, and retired in 1994 from U.S. Paper in Menasha. He enjoyed deer hunting, fishing, woodworking, and coin collecting.
Survivors include his wife LaVerne Helein, two sons: Gary (Kaycie) Helein, Scott Helein, all of Menasha a daughter, Linda (Joseph) Bednarowski of Neenah, four grandchildren: Laura, Lisa, and Ryan Bednarowski, Josh Helein, three step-grandchildren: Brad, Andrea and Rachelle Johnson, four great-grandchildren: Tyler Berendsen, Haley Bednarowski, Kayla Erickson, Maria Helein, four step great-grandchildren: Max, Keaghun, and Jaydon Johnson, Kayla Grunert, two sisters: Bernice Cross and Elsie Johnson of Menasha, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents, and two sisters, Dorothy Birling, and Betty Schiedermayer.
A Memorial Service for Barney will be held on Thursday, September 30, 2004, at 6:00 PM, at Westgor's Menasha Funeral Home with the Rev. Paul Radetski officiating. Visitation will be on Thursday, September 30, 2004 from 4:00PM until time of services. Inurnment will be in St. Margaret Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established in Barney's name to Disabled American Veterans.
Westgor Funeral Home
1140 Appleton Road
Fredrick Paul VanLandghen
M, b. May 7, 1908, d. November 24, 1992
- Birth: Fredrick Paul VanLandghen was born on May 7, 1908 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on November 24, 1992, at age 84.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Roxanne E Schroeder
F, b. August 30, 1918, d. March 7, 2008
- Birth: Roxanne E Schroeder was born on August 30, 1918 in Manawa, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on March 7, 2008, at age 89.
- Note: March 9, 2008
Van Landghen, Roxanne E.
Roxanne E. Van Landghen passed away Friday, March 7, 2008, at Oakridge Gardens. She was born in Manawa, Wis., Aug. 30, 1918, to the late Frank and Elsie (Lueck) Schroeder. Roxanne married Douglas Van Landghen in Waukegan, Ill., on April 4, 1962, and shared 45 wonderful years together.
She is survived by six children, Bonnie (James) Haberkorn, Green Bay; LaVonne Carpenter, Green Bay; Donald Roland, Mountain; Diane (Robert) Link, Door County; Gary (Anita) Roland, Green Bay; and Sonya (Wayne) Black, Freedom; 13 grandchildren: 21 great-grandchildren, and a sister, Geanine (Werner) Koehler, Appleton.
Roxanne was preceded in death by her parents and a brother, Robert.
Funeral services will be held at the Valley Funeral Home Monday, March 10, 2008, at 11 a.m. with Pastor David Skarsten officiating. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. until time of services. Burial will be in Northport & Ostrander Cemetery, Town of Mukwa, Wis.
"A Special Thank you to the staff at Oakridge Gardens for the special care that was given to Roxanne during her time there."
Valley Funeral Home
2211 N. Richmond St.
Appleton, WI 54911
"Serving as would be Served."
John C VanLandghen
Margaret A Seeliger
F, b. September 1, 1940, d. August 10, 2016
- Birth: Margaret A Seeliger was born on September 1, 1940 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on August 10, 2016, at age 75, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Margaret (Marge) (Red) Van Landghen, Little Chute, age 75, died Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at ThedaClark Regional Medical Center in Appleton. She was born in Milwaukee on September 1, 1940, the daughter of the late George and Mildred Seeliger. Red met the love of her life, Bruce, in 2nd grade and they have been happily together ever since. They married on October 1, 1959. When she first married Van, she was a nurse's aide at St. Elizabeth Hospital. After having Lori and Mark, she soon became a stay at home mom.
Margaret took pride in her home and making sure it was spotless. She was happy by nature and loved to make others laugh. Red also enjoyed yard work and watching the birds that ate from one of her countless feeders. She loved Snowball, her beloved cat. Marge was like a pistol, so you didn't want to mess with her.
Red is survived by her husband of 56 years, Bruce; children: Lori and Mark Van Landghen; daughter-in-law: Lisa Williams; grandchildren: Hunter Kavanaugh and Nicole Geiger; and sister-in-law: Susan Seeliger.
In addition to her parents, Margaret was preceded in death by her brother, Robert Seeliger; and Nicole's deceased father, Larry Geiger.
Visitation will be held Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at O'CONNELL FUNERAL HOME (1776 E. Main St. Little Chute) beginning at 1:00 p.m. until the time of Funeral at 3:00 p.m. The Rev. Walter Steinbach will officiate. To sign the guest book, please visit oconnellfh.com.
Family: Joy D Boldt (b. October 9, 1945, d. February 1, 2002)
Joy D Boldt
F, b. October 9, 1945, d. February 1, 2002
- Birth: Joy D Boldt was born on October 9, 1945.
- Death: She died on February 1, 2002, at age 56.
Alvina M Wulgaert
F, b. July 8, 1907, d. March 12, 1962
- Birth: Alvina M Wulgaert was born on July 8, 1907 in Oconto County, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on March 12, 1962, at age 54.
- Burial: She was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Marie Julia VanLandghen
F, b. June 28, 1912, d. February 6, 2000
- Birth: Marie Julia VanLandghen was born on June 28, 1912 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on February 6, 2000, at age 87.
- Burial: She was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
Orville H Meltz
M, b. October 28, 1907, d. March 27, 1994
- Birth: Orville H Meltz was born on October 28, 1907 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 27, 1994, at age 86.
- Burial: He was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
Nicole Marie VanAsten
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America