M, b. May 21, 1961, d. January 16, 1962
- Birth: Robert Couillard was born on May 21, 1961.
- Death: He died on January 16, 1962, at age 0.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Name Cemetery, Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Appleton Post Crescent
Thursday, January 18, 1962
Norfork, West Virginia
Age 8 months, infant son of Mr. and Mrs. Eugene B. Couillard passed away at 2:05 p.m. Tuesday after a short illness. He was born May 24, 1961 in Chicago, Illinois.
In addition to his parents he is survived by two sisters, Kathy and Jeanne; his grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Michael Klein, Rt. 2, Menasha; Mrs. Louis Couillard, Kimberly.
Funeral services will be held at 9 a.m. Saturday at Holy Name Catholic Church, Kimberly, Burial will be in the parish cemetery. Friends may call at the Jansen Funeral Home, Kimberly Friday afternoon and evening.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
Andrew R VanRossum
M, b. October 14, 1988, d. November 15, 1992
- Birth: Andrew R VanRossum was born on October 14, 1988 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on November 15, 1992, at age 4.
- Burial: He was buried in St Patrick Cemetery, Stephensville (Northport), Wisconsin.
Patricia Lynn VanRossum
F, b. April 4, 1979, d. November 16, 1992
- Birth: Patricia Lynn VanRossum was born on April 4, 1979 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on November 16, 1992, at age 13.
- Burial: She was buried in St Patrick Cemetery, Stephensville (Northport), Wisconsin.
Rita Marie (Sister Michaeline) McGlone
F, b. August 12, 1929, d. November 17, 1992
- Birth: Rita Marie (Sister Michaeline) McGlone was born on August 12, 1929 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on November 17, 1992, at age 63.
- Occupation: She was a Wheaton Franciscan.
Ellen Wilma McGlone
F, b. May 19, 1925, d. July 26, 2009
- Birth: Ellen Wilma McGlone was born on May 19, 1925 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Bryce Richard Spoehr were married on April 5, 1945 in St Joseph Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Ellen Wilma McGlone died on July 26, 2009, at age 84, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: July 28, 2009
Spoehr, Ellen W. (nee McGlone)
Ellen W.. Spoehr, Black Creek, age 84, died Sunday, July 26, 2009, at Colony Oaks Care Center in Appleton. Ellen was born May 19, 1925, in Little Chute to the late Michael D. and Mary (Van Schyndel) McGlone. She was Salutatorian of Shiocton High School class of 1943. On April 5, 1945, Ellen was united in marriage to Bryce R. Spoehr and the couple enjoyed 64 years together. During her lifetime, Ellen worked a variety of positions at St. Elizabeth Hospital, retiring in May of 1990. Ellen was very committed to her faith and family, with a special commitment to the unborn. She was a member of the Christian Mothers, Third Order of St. Francis, Co-President of St. Joseph Home School Association, Ladies Societies of St. Edward and St. Mary Parish, and was currently a member at St. Mary Catholic Church, Appleton.
She will be sadly missed by her husband Bryce, Black Creek; seven sons and six daughters: Sharon (Neil) Halbach, Anoka, MN; Dale (Linda) Spoehr, Colorado Springs, CO; Patricia Lowden, Menasha; Ruth Bradley, Frankfurt, IL; Chuck (Kathy) Spoehr, Appleton; Roger Spoehr, Kaukauna; Ron (Julie) Spoehr, Appleton; Rosan (Rick) Zahn, Stevens Point; Gary (Lee Ann) Spoehr, Appleton; Mary Ellen (David) Julien, Greenville; Jeff (Joanne) Spoehr, Neenah; Leland (Peggy) Spoehr, Neenah; and Karen (Tony) Allard, Green Bay; her sister, Sr. Goretti McGlone, Appleton; sister in law, Nanette Bohren; 36 grandchildren and 18 great grandchildren. She is further survived by nieces, nephews, and special friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, four brothers: Martin, Bernard, Daniel, and Michael; two sisters: Agnes Nieman and Sr. Michaeline McGlone; a daughter in law, Shelley Spoehr and a son in law, Bob Bradley.
A Mass of Resurrection will be celebrated 10 a.m. on Thursday, July 30, at St. Mary Catholic Church, 312 S. State St. Appleton, with the Rev. Bob Lexa officiating. Friends may call at the Brettschneider-Trettin-Lederer Funeral Chapel from 4 - 8 p.m. on Wednesday. Parish Prayer Service 7 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral chapel. Interment will take place at St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established for the Alzheimer's Association.
A heartfelt thank you to the staff at Colony Oaks Care Center for the loving care provided to Ellen for the past 3 years.
Mom, you are so loved!
606 N. Oneida St. Appleton
Bryce Richard Spoehr
M, b. December 20, 1922, d. December 27, 2012
- Birth: Bryce Richard Spoehr was born on December 20, 1922 in Town of Maine, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Ellen Wilma McGlone were married on April 5, 1945 in St Joseph Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Bryce Richard Spoehr died on December 27, 2012, at age 90, in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Bryce Richard Spoehr, age 89, Black Creek, died unexpectedly on Thursday, December 27, 2012 at his home. Bryce was born on December 30, 1922 in the Town of Maine to the late Leland W. and Nola (Hogoboom) Spoehr. He graduated from Shiocton High School with the class of 1940 winning 9 varsity letters and was captain of the boxing team. On April 5, 1945, he was united in marriage to Ellen McGlone at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Appleton. The couple enjoyed 64 years together until her death in 2009. Bryce worked most of his life as a heavy equipment mechanic. He worked at Ray's Tire, J.O. Johnson, Inc, and Allis (Chalmers) Boliden - retiring in 1990.
Bryce was Co-President of the St. Joseph Home School Association, member of the Holy Name Society, Fox River Racing club - including past President, St. Mary Adult Choir, the Resurrection Choir, and a faithful member of St. Mary Catholic Church. He was an avid deer hunter, enjoyed his land and his home, loved driving his race car #78 - retiring from racing when he was as old as the number on his car, and was able to cross off the last thing on his "bucket list" after his trip to Alaska.
He will be sadly missed by his 13 sons and daughters: Sharon (Neil) Halbach, Anoka, MN, Dale (Linda) Spoehr, Colorado Springs, CO, Patricia Lee, Menasha, Ruth Bradley, Iowa City, IA, Charles "Chuck" (Kathleen) Spoehr, Appleton, Roger Spoehr, Kaukauna, Ronald (Julie) Spoehr, Appleton, Rosan (Rick) Zahn, Stevens Point, Gary (Lee Ann) Spoehr, Appleton, Mary Ellen (David) Julien, Greenville, Jeffery (Joanne) Spoehr, Neenah, Leland (Peggy) Spoehr, Neenah, and Karen (Tony) Allard, Green Bay; 36 grandchildren; 30 great grandchildren; sister-in-law, Sr. Goretti McGlone, Brookfield, WI. He is further survived by many nieces, nephews, and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his wife Ellen, his parents, 2 brothers and their wives: Leigh (Eleanor) and Keith (Gladys); 3 sisters and their husbands: Judy (Ray) Henrickson, Nanette (Derold) Bohren, and Rachel (Wendell) Pues; daughter -in-law Rochelle (Shelly) Spoehr, and son-in-law Robert Bradley.
A Mass of Resurrection will be celebrated at 10 a.m. on Monday, December 31, 2012 at St. Mary Catholic Church, 312 S. State St., Appleton with Father James Leary OFM Cap. officiating. Friends may visit on Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Brettschneider-Trettin-Nickel Funeral Chapel. There will be no visitation at church on Monday. Interment will take place at St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to the Outagamie County Sherriff's Department and Dive Team, and the Town of Center Fire and Rescue Department for the gentle care of Dad and support to our family.
Dad - you are so loved!
- Note: APPLETON — An 89-year-old man found dead Thursday in a private pond in Center, a town north of Appleton, was identified as Bryce Spoehr.
Outagamie County Coroner Ruth Wulgaert said Bryce Spoehr drowned.
The Outagamie County Sheriff’s Department Dive Team recovered Spoehr’s body and an ATV equipped with a plow from Spoehr’s Rock Road property Thursday. Authorities think Spoehr was clearing snow from the frozen pond for recreational purposes.
Authorities don’t know when Spoehr went into the water. His death will be rulled accidental, Wulgaert said.
It’s unknown when Spoehr went into the water. Spoehr’s death will be rulled accidental, Wulgaert said.
Agnes Mary McGlone
F, b. October 1, 1927, d. February 17, 2009
- Birth: Agnes Mary McGlone was born on October 1, 1927 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on October 14, 1950.
- Death: She died on February 17, 2009, at age 81, in New Milford, Litchfield Co, Connecticut.
- Burial: She was buried in New Milford, Litchfield Co, Connecticut.
- Note: February 18, 2009
Nieman, Agnes (McGlone)
Agnes (McGlone) Nieman age 81 of New Milford, CT, died at New Milford Hospital on Tuesday, February 17, 2009. She is the widow of Sheldon D. Nieman. Mrs. Nieman was born October 1, 1927, in Little Chute, WI, a daughter of the late Michael and Mary McGlone. She was a parishioner of Our Lady of the Lakes Church, New Milford, CT, and a member of the church's Rosary Society. Mrs. Nieman enjoyed being with her children and grandchildren, telling stories, laughing and playing cards.
Mrs. Nieman is survived by nine children: Duane Nieman, New Milford; Gerald Nieman, New Milford; Dennis Nieman, New Milford; Clarence Nieman, New Milford; Rosalie Cook, Ambler, PA; David Nieman, Bristol, CT; Sheldon Nieman, Natchitoches, LA; Joseph Nieman, New Milford; Claude Nieman, New Milford; two sisters: Sister Goretti McGlone, Appleton, WI; Ellen Spoehr and her husband Bryce, Appleton, WI; two sisters-in-law: Audrey Kobussen and Caroline Nieman, both of Appleton, WI; 21 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated in Our Lady of the Lakes Church, New Milford, CT, on Saturday, February 21, 2009, at 11 a.m. Burial will be in St. Francis Cemetery, New Milford, in the spring. There are no calling hours. Memorials may be made to The Susan Komen for the Cure Foundation: Attn: Gift Management Services 5005 LBJ Freeway, Suite 250, Dallas, TX 75244 or online at komen.org or the Hope Line Women's Center 46 Bridge Street, New Milford, CT 06776. Arrangements by Colonial Funeral Home 87 Park Lane Rd, New Milford, CT.
Martin John McGlone
M, b. March 8, 1919, d. November 5, 1978
- Birth: Martin John McGlone was born on March 8, 1919.
- Marriage: He and Lillian Stilen were married on June 23, 1941.
- Death: Martin John McGlone died on November 5, 1978, at age 59.
Roslyn Mary (Sister M Goretti) McGlone
F, b. November 26, 1931, d. May 26, 2014
- Birth: Roslyn Mary (Sister M Goretti) McGlone was born on November 26, 1931 in Deer Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on May 26, 2014, at age 82, in Brookfield, Waukesha Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Occupation: She was a Wheaton Franciscan Sister.
- Note: McGlone, Sister M. Goretti
1931 - 2014
Wheaton Franciscan Sister
Sr. Goretti McGlone, 82, died Monday, May 26, 2014, at Franciscan Woods in Brookfield, Wisconsin. She was born in Deer Creek, Wisconsin, on November 26, 1931, one of eight children. Sister Goretti entered the Wheaton Franciscan order in 1951 and professed perpetual vows in 1956. Sr. Goretti is preceded in death by her parents, Mary and Michael, her sisters, Sister Michaeline McGlone, Ellen Spoehr, Agnes Nieman, and brothers, Martin McGlone, Bernard McGlone, Daniel McGlone, and Michael McGlone.
Sr. Gorretti's ministry in pharmacy service included:
St. Anthony Hospital, St. Louis, MO 1957 - 1962
St. Mary Hospital, Racine, WI 1962 - 1964
St. Michael Hospital, Milwaukee, WI 1964 - 1971
St. Francis Hospital, Cape Girardeau, MO 1973 - 1976
St. Elizabeth Hospital, Appleton; WI 1985 - 2002
And in administration responsibilities for the following:
Sacred Heart Home, Pueblo, CO 1971 - 1973
Keen Agers, Oneida, WI 1978- 1985
Sr. Goretti enjoyed a period of retirement in Wisconsin in addition to some time at the Motherhouse in Wheaton. In November 2011, she was transferred to Franciscan Woods in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
Sister Goretti is survived by the Wheaton Franciscan Sisters, numerous nieces and nephews, and many, many friends.
The Mass of Christian Burial will be on Monday, June 2, 2014 at 10 a.m. at Our Lady of the Angels Chapel at the Wheaton Franciscan Motherhouse, 26W171 Roosevelt Road, Wheaton, IL. Burial will be at St. Joseph Cemetery in Appleton, WI, on June 4 at 2 p.m.
Bernard Cornelius McGlone
M, b. November 24, 1920, d. December 1983
- Birth: Bernard Cornelius McGlone was born on November 24, 1920.
- Marriage: He was married on June 16, 1943.
- Death: He died in December 1983, at age 63.
Michael Martin McGlone
M, b. February 19, 1937, d. December 8, 1957
- Birth: Michael Martin McGlone was born on February 19, 1937.
- Death: He died on December 8, 1957, at age 20.
Joyce Marie Birling
Richard W Kohanski
M, b. June 3, 1935, d. August 1, 2000
- Birth: Richard W Kohanski was born on June 3, 1935.
- Death: He died on August 1, 2000, at age 65, in Hilbert, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
Carol Jean Birling
Susan Marie J Birling
Dwayne Francis Roth
Patt Mary Giffin
F, b. July 9, 1948, d. December 14, 2007
- Birth: Patt Mary Giffin was born on July 9, 1948.
- Death: She died on December 14, 2007, at age 59.
- Note: December 16, 2007
Birling, Patt Mary
In the early morning hours of December 14th, Patt (Giffin) Birling, surrounded by her family, tales of Winnie-the Pooh, and strains of the Salve Regina, took wing and flew through the stars to see her God. Patt was born July 9, 1948, at 2:50 p.m. and from that moment on, was never to be a "morning person." Her parents were the late Dr. Walter Stuart Giffin and Helen M. (Ransom) Giffin.
She will be remembered with love and respect by her husband and constant caregiver during the 20 months of her illness, Dave J. Birling. She has etched her wit and wisdom on the hearts of her children and their spouses, Jody L. Ryan and her husband Phillip, Michael D. Birling and his wife Amy and Jessica Bayer Potter and her husband Christopher. The "stars" that lit up Patt's life were her grandchildren, Cameron, Abby and Casey Ryan and Ty and Alec Birling.
Patt is survived by her "big sister" Barbara Hawkins-Mercer (Frank), two brothers, Michael (Vonnie) Giffin and Peter Giffin, her father-in-law, Ted Birling Sr., sisters-in-law, Joyce Kohanski, Carol (Terry) Schmidt, Peggy (Tom) Waskiewicz, Nancy (Tom) Pawlowski, Sue (Wayne) Roth, Cindy (Eugene) Moseng, Debbie (Dan) Derks and brothers-in-law, Ted Jr. (Judy) Birling, Lee (Amber) Birling, Paul (Pam) Birling, Tim (Ann) Birling and Terry (Brenda) Birling and friends as numerous as the stars.
Meeting Patt at Heavens Gate will be her father and mother, Walter and Helen, two brothers, Michael S. and Michael J., a sister, Helen M., her mother-in-law Dorothy Birling, in-laws, Dick Kohanski, Peter Birling, Lorie Birling and, if Patt's wish is granted, Amelia Earhart.
Patt's commitment to living out her faith was strengthened with her receiving the sacraments of Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation and Matrimony at St. Mary Parish in Appleton. Patt was very active at the former Holy Name Parish in Kimberly and was instrumental in forming their first Home and School Association and serving as the first President. Patt dedicated her life to the Religious Education of children. She was a catechist, High School coordinator, youth director and most recently Director of Religious Education, having served the former St. Peter parish of Oshkosh for 12 years and Most Blessed Sacrament and St. Jude the Apostle Parishes in Oshkosh until her death. After completing the formal Ministry Commissioning program for the Diocese of Green Bay, she was commissioned by Bishop Robert Banks in 1994 and went on to serve on the Diocesan Board of Education and as a mentor to new Religious Education catechists.
Patt's love of her children led her and Dave to share their home with more than sixty two foster children during a twelve year period. She was also a strong supporter of the "God's Child Project" in Guatemala.
Patt enjoyed challenges, in particular becoming one of the first female judo instructors in the Valley and "playing tough" in the Kimberly women's softball league. Patt took flying lessons, enabling her to become a pilot. She was an EAA member and, on her 50th birthday, she flew in the British Airways Concorde.
For Patt, life was a celebration. Parties were in order for the birthdays of Amelia Earhart and Mickey Mouse, and if there was an occasion, Patt was certain to have the proper goofy hat to celebrate in great style.
You are invited to celebrate her early and eternal life by gathering on Monday evening, December 17, 2007, from 4 to 8 p.m. in McKeough Hall in the lower church of the St. Peter site of Most Blessed Sacrament Parish, 435 High Ave. (Use the Pearl Street entrance). A prayer service will be led by Fr. Jim Jugenheimer at 7:30 p.m. Visitation will resume at Most Blessed Sacrament Parish- St Peter site, 435 High Ave., on Tuesday, December 18, from 10 a.m. until the liturgy at 12 p.m. Fr. Dave Koch, a longtime friend of the family will Preside. Concelebrants will include Fr. Jim Jugenheimer, Fr. Tom Reynebeau, Fr. John Becker and Fr. Joel Sember. A private interment will be held at Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery. (It was the closest cemetery Patt could find to the EAA grounds and the roar of airplanes overhead.) In lieu of flowers, Patt requests that your memorials be made to the God's Child Project, the Most Blessed Sacrament/ St Jude the Apostle Religious Education Programs or the P.A.T.T. Principle for brain cancer research.
Patt miraculously survived glioblastoma brain tumors for 20 months. This could not have happened without the prayer of so many people and the expert medical care provided by Dr. Henry Friedman of Duke University and Dr. Theresa Cheng, Dr. Karen Greminger and all of the staff of the Michael D. Wachtel Cancer Center.
Konrad-Behlman Funeral Homes
Mary Ann Bloks
F, b. August 31, 1943, d. September 27, 2017
- Birth: Mary Ann Bloks was born on August 31, 1943 in 's-Gravenhage, Zuid Holland, Netherlands.
- Marriage: She was married.
- Death: She died on September 27, 2017, at age 74.
- Note: Mary A. Vande Hey 74, passed away on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at Cherry Meadows Hospice in Appleton, surrounded by her loving family. Mary was born to the late Harry and Gertrude (Arents) Bloks in The Hague, Netherlands on August 31, 1943. At the age of 5 she was the first ever child to fly across the Atlantic Ocean unaccompanied. She loved watching wildlife, but mostly spending time with her friends and family who she loved so much.
She is survived by her husband Richard; son, Bryan (fiancé Sue); daughter, Lisa (Mark); step-son, Travis (Katherine); step-daughter, Terra (Andy); grandchildren: Ashley (fiancé Mitch); Nicolas (girlfriend Emily); step-grandchildren: Mason, Lily, Alivia and Emmet. One sister Deb, brother-in-law and sister-in-law's: Al, Pete, Donna, Audrey (Jim), Jan (Bob), Sharon (Carl), Shirley (Tom) and Deb (Joe). Also, many nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her parents, brother Alexander, parents-in-law Gordon and Agnes, and sister-in-law Darlene.
A celebration of Life will be held on Thursday, October 5, 2017 at ST. KATHARINE DREXEL (formally ST. MARY'S) CHURCH 119 W. 7th St. Kaukauna, WI 54130. Visitation will be from 9:00 to 11:00 with mass immediately after.
You may express your condolences at www.valleyfh.com.
- Father: Ralph Puls (b. October 18, 1911, d. January 7, 2002)
- Mother: Ruth VonBerg (b. October 23, 1914, d. March 17, 2006)