Arthur Ivan Schroeder
M, b. August 18, 1925, d. June 24, 2017
- Birth: Arthur Ivan Schroeder was born on August 18, 1925 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Jane Clara Kray were married on August 5, 1950.
- Death: Arthur Ivan Schroeder died on June 24, 2017, at age 91, in King, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
- Note: Arthur Ivan Schroeder, 91, resident of King Vets Home in Waupaca, passed away Monday, July 24, 2017.
Arthur was born in Appleton on August 18, 1925, son of the late Arthur Myron and Rose (Hoffman) Schroeder. On August 5, 1950 was united in marriage to Jane Clara Kray.
Dad was a WWII Vet, serving in the 69th infantry division of the United States Army. He served in the military police in the battles of Rhineland and Central Europe. He loved to travel and play cards. While living in Florida for 25 years he enjoyed his orange, lemon and grapefruit trees. He loved to fish and hunt. He thoroughly loved spending time with his grandchildren, great-grandchildren and his great-great-grandson.
Arthur is survived by his daughters: Judy (Wimp) Vande Wettering and Suzy (Bill) Beil; Grandchildren, Dawn (Bob) Vander Velden, Chirsty (Dan) Springstroh, Fran (Rebecca) Beil, Bradd (Dr. Xueying Han) Beil, Stacy Bush and special friend Sean Palumbo; Great-grandchildren, Brandon Vande Wettering, Emilie Springstroh, Taylor Potter and Tyler Springstroh and great-great-grandson, Charles James Vande Wettering; 2 brothers, Lyle (Dee) Schroeder and Bill (Cordell) Schroeder; sister-in- law, Fay Kegel.
He was also preceded in death by his wife, Jane; sister, Phyllis (Harry) Wahler; brother, Karl Schroeder; brothers-in-law, Sheldon Kray, Gordon Kray, Albert Kegel; sisters-in-law, Ruth Kray and Bernice Kray.
A memorial military service will be held Friday, July 28th, 2017 at Valley Funeral Home, 2211 N. Richmond St. Appleton, with Pastor Mike Huff officiating.
Relatives and Friends may visit from 10 A.M until the time of service at 11 A.M.
Inurnment will be at Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
Online condolences may be left at valleyfh.com.
In lieu of flowers and money, please spend time with a loved one. Also remember our Vets.
Jane Clara Kray
F, b. August 26, 1918, d. March 13, 2015
- Birth: Jane Clara Kray was born on August 26, 1918 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Arthur Ivan Schroeder were married on August 5, 1950.
- Death: Jane Clara Kray died on March 13, 2015, at age 96.
- Burial: She was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
- Note: Jane Clara Schroeder, 96, of Appleton, passed away at her home on Friday, March 13, 2015.
Jane was born in Appleton on August 26, 1918, daughter of the late Fred and Olga (Hintz) Kray. On August 5, 1950, Jane was united in marriage to Arthur I. Schroeder.
Mom was a fun-loving person; she loved to play cards and visit with family and friends. She loved to embroider, making dishtowels for all. She loved to travel and lived in Florida for 25 years. She thoroughly loved her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Jane is survived by her husband: Arthur; daughters: Judy (Wimp) Vande Wettering and Suzy (Bill) Beil; grandchildren: Dawn Arnoldussen (Fiancé Bob Vander Velden), Christy (Dan) Springstroh, Fran (Rebecca) Beil, Bradd (Dr. Xueying Han) Beil, and Stacy (Van) Bush; great-grandchildren: Brandon Vande Wettering, Emilie Springstroh, Taylor Potter, and Tyler Springstroh; sister: Fay Kegel; and brothers-and-sisters-in-law: William and Cordell Schroeder and Lyle and Bedelia Schroeder. Jane is further survived by many nieces, nephews, other relatives, and friends. She is preceded death by her parents; brothers Sheldon (Ruth Caffery) Kray and Gordon (Bernice Dercks) Kray; grandchildren: Sherry and Cheryl Vande Wettering; brother-in-law: Karl Schroeder; brother-in-law: Albert Kegel, brother-and-sister-in-law: Phyllis and Harry Wahlen; and in-laws: Arthur and Rose Schroeder.
A memorial service will be held on Friday, March 20, 2015, at 5:00 PM, at Valley Funeral Home, 2211 N. RICHMOND ST., APPLETON, with Rev. Jayneann McIntosh Gagner officiating. Relatives and friends may visit from 2:00 PM until the time of service. Inurnment Riverside Cemetery, Appleton. Online condolences may be left at: www.valleyfuneralhome.com.
In lieu of flowers and money, please spend time with a loved one.
Daniel Roger Springstroh
M, b. January 31, 1956, d. August 10, 2011
- Birth: William Vandenberg was born on January 31, 1956.
- Marriage: He was married on March 5, 1976 in St Nicholas Church, Freedom, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 10, 2011, at age 55, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: William J. "Clyde" VandenBerg age 55, passed away on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 following a short illness at Appleton Medical Center. He was born January 31, 1956 son of Marvin and Shirley (Weyers) VandenBerg. William was employed by the Kimberly Paper Mill for 28 years. His hobbies were hunting, fishing, golfing, cooking, snowmobiling, boating, tubing with family and friends, going up north, sitting by the fire, and going to Packer games. Bill had a marvelous sense of humor and enjoyed laughter and good times.
He is survived by his children: Adam (Carol), Little Chute, Andy, Appleton, and Amanda "Rosie", Freedom; his father, Marvin, Pound; 2 brothers: Dan (Charlie) and Dave. His is further survived by aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and other relatives.
He was preceded in death by his mother, Shirley Ann, and numerous uncles.
Funeral Services for William will be at 12:00 Noon on Monday, August 15, 2011, at ST. NICHOLAS CATHOLIC CHURCH, Freedom with Fr. Dave Hoffman officiating. Friends will be received at church on Monday from 10:00 a.m. until the time of service. In lieu of flowers a memorial fund is being established. The Boettcher Family Funeral Home, Kaukauna is assisting the family. 766-2099.
The family wishes to extend their gratitude to the Staff of Appleton Medical Center as well as the support of family and friends.
We love you Dad and will miss you dearly.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from August 11 to August 12, 2011.
David Alan Vandenberg
F, b. May 8, 1908, d. July 8, 1908
- Birth: Annie Geurts was born on May 8, 1908.
- Death: She died on July 8, 1908, at age 0.
- Burial: She was buried in St Nicholas Cemetery, Freedom, Wisconsin.
Loren Peter Vandenberg
F, b. July 30, 1922, d. February 25, 2004
- Birth: Loren Peter Vandenberg was born on July 30, 1922 in Menominee, Menominee Co, Michigan.
- Death: She died on February 25, 2004, at age 81, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.