Robert J Schmidt
M, b. July 9, 1944, d. February 16, 2012
- Birth: Robert J Schmidt was born on July 9, 1944 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on November 30, 1963.
- Death: He died on February 16, 2012, at age 67.
- Burial: He was buried in St Margaret Mary Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Robert Schmidt, 67, Neenah, died Thursday, Feb. 16, 2012, after a long illness, with his family by his side. He was born Jul. 9, 1944, in Appleton, son of Raymond and Elizabeth (Doerfler) Schmidt. Robert married Doris M. Techlin Nov. 30, 1963. Robert was a member of St. Gabriel Catholic Church, Neenah. He was employed at American Can for 42 years until his retirement. Robert had a love of music along with enjoying playing cards, watching NASCAR and Packer games. Robert had a true love for his family, and enjoyed being with them.
Robert is survived by his wife, Doris; three children, Linda (Jeff) Sell, Menasha; James (JoAnn) Schmidt, Neenah; Thomas (Renee) Schmidt, Neenah; seven grandchildren, Lindsey (Ryan) Weber, Jeremy Sell, Jordan Sell, Mike Schmidt, Rob Schmidt, Alex Schmidt and Miles Schmidt; brothers-in-law, Alton Techlin, Ariz.; and Joe Moeller, New London; three sisters-in-law, Beverly (Elmer) Geiger; Appleton; Cathy (Dennis) Dobberstein, New London; Joy (Ray) Jochman, Appleton; nieces, nephews and other relatives.
Robert was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Richard and Dennis Schmidt; sisters-in-law, Ethel Moeller, Charlotte Seikes and Eleanor Techlin.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 23, 2012, at St. Gabriel Catholic Church, 900 Geiger St., Neenah, with Fr. Larry Seidl officiating. Interment will be in St. Margaret Cemetery, Neenah. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Thursday at the church until the time of the Mass. In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established in Robert's name.
Kessler Funeral Home
304 S. Commercial St.
Neenah 722 6464
Robert's family wishes to thank Heartland Hospice and staff, especially Julie, Tina, Jenna and Jennifer for their loving care and compassion.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from February 18 to February 19, 2012.
Charlotte A Techlin
F, b. April 30, 1944, d. June 1, 2004
- Birth: Charlotte A Techlin was born on April 30, 1944.
- Marriage: She and Herbert O Schroeder were married on May 22, 1965.
- Divorce: Charlotte A Techlin and Herbert O Schroeder were divorced in 1986.
- Marriage: Charlotte A Techlin was married on October 26, 1989 in Waupaca, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on June 1, 2004, at age 60.
Dennis Lee Dobberstein
M, b. December 14, 1942, d. March 9, 2017
- Birth: Dennis Lee Dobberstein was born on December 14, 1942 in New London, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 9, 2017, at age 74.
- Note: Dobberstein, Dennis Lee
The angels of the Lord carried the soul of Dennis Lee Dobberstein, age 74, to his eternal home in heaven on March 9, 2017.
Dennis was born December 14, 1942 to Armand and Concordia (Drews) Dobberstein in New London, WI and became a child of God through Holy Baptism on January 10, 1943. He attended Emanuel Lutheran School in New London and was confirmed in the Christian faith on April 14, 1957. Dennis graduated from Fox Valley Lutheran High School in Appleton, WI, where he met the love of his life, Cathy (Techlin). After high school, Dennis took agricultural classes at UW-Madison, planning to take over the family farm with his brother Wayne, which they did shortly after he completed the classes.
Cathy and Dennis were married on October 10, 1964 and the two became one. Children are a gift from God and the Heavenly Father blessed Dennis and Cathy abundantly! Eleven children were born to the happy couple, and the Lord, in his wisdom, took a set of twin boys to heaven shortly after their birth.
Dennis was devoted to family even in his hobbies and interests. He coached many of his children in basketball or softball, along with countless other youngsters. Dennis loved spending time outdoors, whether it was hunting, gardening, or watching the grandkids' sports. If he had to spend time indoors, a Western movie or book grabbed his attention. Whenever there was a chance to get together with family or friends, a game of cards always broke out, whether it was Countdown or Cribbage.
Knowing that his sins were forgiven by Jesus, Dennis never feared death or hell, trusting solely in the grace of the Triune God. Praise God for the life of Dennis L. Dobberstein, loving son, husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather and child of God.
Dennis was preceded in death by his parents; father-in-law and mother-in-law; three sisters in infancy; his brothers Leroy and Wayne; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, Eric Melso, Al and Eleanor Techlin, Bob Schmidt, Ethel Moeller, and Charlotte Sikes; and two children in infancy.
He is survived by Cathy, his loving wife of 52 years; children Tammy (Ken) Nollenberg of Waupaca, WI, Matthew (Christina) Dobberstein of Hudson, WI, John (Stacy) Dobberstein of Greenville, WI, Chadwick (Joanne) Dobberstein of Fountain City, WI, Luke (Lisa) Dobberstein of New London, WI, Mark (Michelle) Dobberstein of Manawa, WI, Rachael (William) Hinz of Fort Atkinson, WI, Jessica (Tim) Payne of Newburg, WI, and Benjamin Dobberstein of New London, WI; siblings, Marjorie Melso, Verlyn (Ena) Dobberstein, and Sharon (Wayne) Koenig; sisters-in-law, Bev (Elmer) Geiger, Joy (Ray) Jochman, Doris Schmidt, and Betty Dobberstein; brother-in-law Joe Moeller; 23 grandchildren; 1 great-grandson; and many cousins, nieces, nephews, and friends.
Visitation for Dennis will take place at Cline & Hanson Funeral Home in New London on Sunday, March 12, from 1-4 P.M. His Christian Funeral Service will be at 11 A.M. on Monday, March 13, 2017 at Emanuel Lutheran Church, 200 E. Quincy St., New London with visitation at the church on Monday from 9:00 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. Rev. William Heiges will officiate.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be directed to Emanuel Lutheran Church and School.
Joy Mae Techlin
Raymond George Jochman
Wayne Joseph Hildebrand
Judith Helen Schraufnagel
Allen Ray Hildebrand
Paul Allen Hildebrand
Mary Ellen Bartels
Keith Brian Hildebrand
Anton Henry Ganter
M, b. April 27, 1896, d. April 16, 1982
- Birth: Anton Henry Ganter was born on April 27, 1896 in Marinette, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Viola Margaret Huisman were married in 1952.
- Death: Anton Henry Ganter died on April 16, 1982, at age 85, in Marinette, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: MARINETTE EAGLE STAR MARINETTE, WISCONSIN 16 APRIL 1982
ANTONE H. GANTER
PESHTIGO - Antone H. Ganter, 85, of Route 1, Peshtigo, died this morning at Marinette General Hospital. He was born April 27, 1896, in Marinette and had resided in Marinette County for most of his life. An Army veteran of World War I, he had managed the Marinette County Farm in Harmony for many years. He was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church. Mr. Ganter married the former Cecelia Stang. She died in 1951. He married the former Viola Degeneffe in 1952. She survives with two sons, Francis and John, both of Peshtigo; five stepsons, Roger Degeneffe of Tomah, Jack Degeneffe of West Bend, Gerald and Joseph Degeneffe of Green Bay, and Steve Degeneffe of the Town of Grover; three stepdaughters, Mrs. Joanne Niesen of Kaukauna, Mrs. Rachel Kuharske of Cudahy, and Mrs. Mary Ellen Peters of Little Chute, six grandchildren and a great-grandchild. Friends may call at the Berth and Rosenthal Funeral Home Sunday from 4 to 9 p.m. A wake will be held at 7:30. Final rites will be conducted at 10 a.m. Monday at the church. The Rev. Gabriel Hinkes will officiate. Burial will be in Forest Home Cemetery, Marinette.
John Charles Degeneffe
M, b. September 7, 1929, d. November 1991
- Birth: John Charles Degeneffe was born on September 7, 1929 in Oconto, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died in November 1991, at age 62.
Roger Joseph Degeneffe
M, b. February 17, 1935, d. October 1985
- Birth: Roger Joseph Degeneffe was born on February 17, 1935 in Oconto, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died in October 1985, at age 50, in Burlington, Racine Co, Wisconsin.
John Charles Huisman
M, b. May 26, 1928, d. May 26, 1928
- Birth: John Charles Huisman was born on May 26, 1928 in Oconto, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 26, 1928, at age 0, in Oconto, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
Kasey Lee Kerkhoff