M, b. December 4, 1918, d. October 1973
- Birth: Joseph Schommer was born on December 4, 1918.
- Marriage: He and Enola Cummings were married on April 21, 1947.
- Death: Joseph Schommer died in October 1973, at age 54.
F, b. July 8, 1919, d. June 23, 2011
- Birth: Enola Cummings was born on July 8, 1919.
- Marriage: She and Joseph Schommer were married on April 21, 1947.
- Death: Enola Cummings died on June 23, 2011, at age 91.
- Burial: She was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Enola Schommer, 91, De Pere, formerly of Neenah, by faith and grace in Jesus Christ, graduated to Heaven on Thursday, June 23, 2011, at 1:40 a.m. She was born July 8, 1919, to Mathias and Clara Cummings in Neenah, Wis. She married Joseph Schommer on April 21, 1947. In 1969, Enola and Joe moved from Neenah, Wis., to Oregon, Ill.
She worked at McGregor Magazine in Mount Morris, Ill., for many years. Enola retired in 1987 and moved to Durand, Ill. In 2002, she returned to Wisconsin with her daughter and son-in-law. Enola loved her family and friends dearly, spoke of them often and prayed for them regularly. She enjoyed cooking, sewing, knitting, crocheting, needlepoint and all other types of crafts. She especially loved her garden and the feel of the dirt going through her fingers.
Enola is survived by her daughter, Carla "CJ" Giese (Todd), De Pere, Wis.; grandchildren, Sabrina and Dean Stoecklin, Lori and Ted Jacoby, Lisa and Tim Hunt, Jasmine Schommer, Zach Schommer and Tanya Krix; great-grandchildren include Bryce, Reese, Hayden, Naomi, Zachary, Anthony, Caleb, Abby, Moriah, Clara and Samuel; other special family and friends include Glenda and Cellie Schommer, Jane Krablean, Glen and Lois Collaer, Sue Nordman, Rick and Lorraine Reucket, Lois Cosgrove, Ken and Jean Rosethal and roommate, Josephine.
Waiting for her in Heaven is her mom and dad, Clara and Mathias Cummings; her brother, Gordon Cummings; husband, Joseph Schommer; her son, Gary Schommer; great-grandchildren, Grace Hunt and Baby Stoecklin.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, July 2, 2011, at the Kessler Funeral Home, 304 S. Commercial St., Neenah, with Pastor Steve Apfel and Pastor Tim Hunt officiating. Interment will be in Oak Hill Cemetery. Visitation will be Saturday at the funeral home from 9 a.m. until the time of the service.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established.
The family would like to thank Woodside Lutheran Home, their staff, Drs. Stephen Perry and James Clemens for the excellent care and great friendship that they offered to Enola in the last years. Special thanks to Pastor Steve as well, for his continual love, words of encouragement, counsel and blessings that he provided to her each and every day.
Kessler Funeral Home
& Cremation Services Neenah 920-722-6464
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on June 27, 2011.
Luella Jane Schommer
F, b. August 4, 1920, d. April 29, 2013
- Birth: Luella Jane Schommer was born on August 4, 1920 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Arthur Krablean were married on March 6, 1943 in St Patrick Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: Luella Jane Schommer died on April 29, 2013, at age 92.
- Burial: She was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Krablean, Luella "Jane", age 92, passed away on April 29, 2013, at Oakridge Gardens. She was born in Neenah on August 4, 1920, the daughter of the late Joseph and Vivian (Armstrong) Schommer. Jane graduated in 1938, from the new Menasha High School. On March 6, 1943 she was united in marriage to Arthur J. Krablean at St. Patrick Catholic Church. After Arthur's passing in 1978, Jane began to go on vacation and travel with her children. She enjoyed going up north. Jane loved to play board games, Bingo, Sheepshead, jigsaw puzzles, crossword puzzles, and enjoyed music. She loved walking with her grandchildren and spending time with her family.
Jane is survived by five children: Michael (Karin) Krablean, Wayne (Patti) Krablean, Mary (Ron) Wolf, Paul (Trina) Krablean and Scott (Ken) Krablean; 11 grandchildren: Tony (Barb) Reader, Brian (Chris) Reader, Christopher (Mindy) Michel, Eric (Kristine) Krablean, Aaron (Mindy) Krablean, Linda (Eric) Bork-Wach, James (Bob Wautlet) Krablean, Tammy (Arlie) Ratliff, Shane (Becky) Wolf, Shauna Wolf and Samantha McGowan; 20 great-grandchildren: Michelle and Angela Reader, Danny Debraal, Andrew (Rachel) Reader, Benjamin and Christopher Reader, Morgan, Abbi, Charlie and Immi Michel, Drew and Clay Krablean, Brandon, Shawn and Travis Bork-Wach, Joseph (Fiance' Rachel Prickett)Wolf, Joshua (Fiance' Tara Looker) Krablean-Wolf, Cory Malueg, Chantel Ratliff and Pamela Wolf, 5 great-great grandchildren: Elijah Reader, Ryan Reader, Chad Krablean-Wolf, Alyssa Looker and Veronica Wolf; one brother-in-law, Joseph Porto. She is further survived by many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband, Arthur, four brothers: Joseph Jr., Roger, Robert and Nicholas Schommer; two sisters: Ada Porto and Wilda Simon; three siblings in infancy; niece, Carol Simon and granddaughter, Lisa Wolf.
Funeral service will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, May 3, 2013, at Martens-Laemmrich Funeral Home, 312 Milwaukee Street, Menasha. Friends and family may visit at the funeral home on Friday from 4:00 p.m. until the time of service. Interment will be private at Oak Hill Cemetery. In lieu of flowers a memorial is being established.
The family would like to thank her "extended" family of 10 years, the staff at Oakridge Gardens. We appreciate everything that you did for Mom and your kindness will never be forgotten.
M, b. July 28, 1908, d. January 13, 1978
- Birth: Arthur Krablean was born on July 28, 1908.
- Marriage: He and Luella Jane Schommer were married on March 6, 1943 in St Patrick Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: Arthur Krablean died on January 13, 1978, at age 69, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
Wilda E Schommer
F, b. March 7, 1922, d. December 23, 2010
- Birth: Wilda E Schommer was born on March 7, 1922.
- Death: She died on December 23, 2010, at age 88, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Wilda E. Simon, 88, passed away on Thursday, Dec. 23, 2010, at Colony Oaks in Appleton. Wilda was born on March 7, 1922, daughter of the late Joseph and Vivian June (Armstrong) Schommer. She was united in marriage to Edwin M. Simon and he preceded her in death on July 22, 1995. Wilda worked for Miles Kimball for many years and had retired from there. Crossword puzzles and Scrabble were among many games Wilda enjoyed playing. She loved playing any board game as well as cards. Wilda loved all of her grandchildren and enjoyed every moment spent with them.
Wilda will be missed by her loving children, Richard "Dick" (Carol) Oliver, Carole Simon, Sandy (Larry) Arend; grandchildren, Danielle (Bill Faucher) Oliver, John (Kacie) Oliver, Jeff (finacee, Julie Skinner) Arend, Pam (Rico) Zizzo, Angie (Scott) Hughes; great-grandchildren, Andrew, Steven, Elizabeth, Vila-Jean, Chris, Kevin, Nick, Antonio, Gracemary, Kendra, Carson, Keaten; great-great-grandsons, Billy and Adrian; a sister, Luella "Jane" Krablean; sisters-in-law, Enola, Beth and Mona Schommer; a brother-in-law, Joseph Porto; and two special friends, Barb Pinkowski and Gwen Pulido; other relatives and friends.
She was also preceded in death by her brothers, Joseph Jr., Robert (Mickie), Nick, Roger Schommer; sister, Ada Porto; a sister-in-law, Sue Schommer; and a brother-in-law, Art Krablean.
A Memorial Service will be held at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 28, 2010, at Martens-Laemmrich Funeral Home, 312 Milwaukee Street, Menasha. A Memorial Gathering will be held from 3 p.m. until the time of the service at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, a memorial will be established.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to the staff of Colony Oaks, as well as the staff of Heartland Hospice, for their loving care and concern.
Light a candle in memory
of Wilda at:
Edwin M Simon
M, b. March 28, 1923, d. July 22, 1995
- Birth: Edwin M Simon was born on March 28, 1923.
- Death: He died on July 22, 1995, at age 72.
M, b. April 19, 1926, d. March 1970
- Birth: Nicholas Schommer was born on April 19, 1926.
- Death: He died in March 1970, at age 43.
Robert J Schommer
M, b. October 4, 1927, d. April 9, 2001
- Birth: Robert J Schommer was born on October 4, 1927.
- Death: He died on April 9, 2001, at age 73, in Florida.
Micki Belle Burton
F, b. December 16, 1920, d. April 26, 2005
- Birth: Micki Belle Burton was born on December 16, 1920.
- Death: She died on April 26, 2005, at age 84, in Orlando, Orange Co, Florida.
Roger Paul Schommer
M, b. February 23, 1929, d. October 20, 2001
- Birth: Roger Paul Schommer was born on February 23, 1929.
- Marriage: He and Elizabeth J Schreiber were married in October 1992.
- Death: Roger Paul Schommer died on October 20, 2001, at age 72.
F, b. November 9, 1902, d. December 24, 1967
Family: Edward Casper Schommer (b. October 29, 1899, d. August 17, 1963)
- Noreen Schommer
- George E Schommer (b. February 22, 1925, d. September 10, 1996)
- Norman J Schommer (b. November 11, 1926, d. December 20, 2002)
- Dianna Rosella Schommer (b. November 11, 1927, d. November 26, 2006)
- Francis G Schommer (b. January 1, 1929, d. June 3, 2007)
- Clair C (Butch) Schommer (b. April 30, 1930, d. January 13, 2015)
- John Schommer (b. September 27, 1933, d. October 9, 2004)
- Kenneth Schommer (b. December 9, 1935, d. September 19, 1997)
- Birth: Susan Schutkoski was born on November 9, 1902 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on December 24, 1967, at age 65.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
Norman J Schommer
M, b. November 11, 1926, d. December 20, 2002
- Birth: Norman J Schommer was born on November 11, 1926.
- Marriage: He and Betty Jane Scherer were married on June 14, 1947 in St Mary Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: Norman J Schommer died on December 20, 2002, at age 76.
- Note: Schommer, Norman J.
Age 76, died on Friday, December 20, 2002, at Cherry Meadows Hospice. Norman was born on November 11, 1926 to the late Edward and Susan (Shukoski) Schommer. He married Betty Jane Scherer on June 14, 1947 at St. Mary Catholic Church in Menasha. Norman served as a Sergeant in the U.S. Army for three years during World War II. He fought in Okinawa, and was a guard in the Emperor's Palace during the Asiatic-Pacific Theater after the fall of Japan. Norman retired from James River in 1988 with 44 1/2 years of service. Norman also was an avid sports fan and especially loved the Green Bay Packers. Norman is survived by his wife, Betty four children: Daniel (Barbara) Schommer, Valrico, Florida Gail (Jerry) Mielke, Kimberly Susan (John) Rohloff, New London William (Luann) Schommer, Menasha 11 grandchildren six great-grandchildren three brothers, two sisters: Diane Ziegert, Neenah Francis "Peanie" Schommer, Menasha Claire "Butch" Schommer, Appleton John Schommer, Neenah Noreen Westberg, Washington. He was preceded in death by two brothers: George and Kenneth Schommer, and a great-grandchild, James Schommer.
A memorial service will be held at 5 p.m. on Monday, December 23, 2002 at Westgor Funeral Home in Menasha, with Father Robert Lussier officiating. Visitation will be held from 3 p.m. until the time of service at the funeral home.
WESTGOR FUNERAL HOME
1140 Appleton Road
Betty Jane Scherer
F, b. May 19, 1929, d. December 2, 2013
- Birth: Betty Jane Scherer was born on May 19, 1929 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Norman J Schommer were married on June 14, 1947 in St Mary Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: Betty Jane Scherer died on December 2, 2013, at age 84.
- Note: Betty Jane M. Schommer, age 84, passed away at Oakridge Gardens, Menasha, on Monday, December 2, 2013. Betty was born on May 19, 1929, in Neenah, to the late William and Sadie (Simons) Scherer. She married Norman J. Schommer on June 14, 1947, in Menasha; he preceded her in death on December 20, 2002. Betty was a teller at the Bank of Neenah for many years. Betty enjoyed reading, was an avid Packer fan, often cooked for family and friends, but especially enjoyed the time spent with her family.
Survivors include her children, Dan (Barbara) Schommer, Valrico , Florida; Gail (Jerry) Mielke, Kimberly; and Sue Rohloff, New London; her 11 grandchildren; and her 23 great grandchildren. Betty was preceded in death by her son, Bill; her grandson, Ben Rohloff; and her great grandson, James Schommer.
Memorial services will be at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, December 6, 2013, at JANSEN FARGO FUNERAL HOME, 204 E. Kimberly Avenue, Kimberly, with Chaplain Jordan Kuczwara officiating. Friends may call at the funeral home on Friday from 5:00 p.m. until the time of services. The family would like to extend a sincere thank you to nurses Donna and Patty and CNA's Betty and Ryan for the loving care and compassion shown to Betty and her family over the years. Online condolences may be offered at www.wichmannfargo.com.
Dianna Rosella Schommer
F, b. November 11, 1927, d. November 26, 2006
- Birth: Dianna Rosella Schommer was born on November 11, 1927.
- Death: She died on November 26, 2006, at age 79.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
Francis G Schommer
M, b. January 1, 1929, d. June 3, 2007
- Birth: Francis G Schommer was born on January 1, 1929 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Janet M Felker were married on October 2, 1954.
- Death: Francis G Schommer died on June 3, 2007, at age 78, in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: June 5, 2007
Schommer, Francis G. Francis G. Schommer, age 78, passed away on Sunday, June 3, 2007, at Park View Health Center, Oshkosh. Francis was born on January 1, 1929, in Neenah, son of the late Edward and Susan (Shukoski) Schommer. He had married Janet Felker on October 2, 1954; she preceded him in death on June 9, 2001. Francis served as a Radio Operator in the United States Army from 1952 to 1953. He then was employed by Banta for many years until his retirement in 1990. Francis loved singing and playing his harmonica and crossword puzzles. He enjoyed spending time with his family.
Francis will be missed by his four children: Scott (Teresa) Schommer, Oshkosh; Cheryl (Mike Sr.) Booth, Oshkosh; Laura (Mick) Popp, Neenah; Judy (Dan) Papenfuss, Black Wolf; 15 grandchildren: Nadine, Eric, Xavier, Sierra, Michael Jr., Jake, Edward (Kristy) Brooke, Taylor, Angela, Kendra, Tara, Elizabeth, Christine (Chris), Casandra; four great-grandchildren: Kaylee, Melony, Scott, and Daniel; a brother, Butch (Marilynn) Schommer, *Lorny (Jay) Felker*; a sister, Noreen (Dick) Westberg; sisters-in-law: Joyce Schommer, Betty Schommer, Gloria (Ken) Moore, Alice Baier, and Ethel Felker. Francis is further survived by many special nieces, nephews, cousins, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by four brothers: George, Normy, Kenny, and Jackie; one sister, Diana Ziegert; a grandson, Michael Russert; and many brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law.
Funeral services will be held at 3 p.m. on Thursday, June 7, 2007, at Martens-Laemmrich Funeral Home, 312 Milwaukee Street, Menasha, with Rev. David Vande Hey officiating. Visitation will be held from 1:30 p.m. until the time of service at the funeral home. Military Rites will be conducted at the funeral home by American Legion William Verhagen Post #60 of Kimberly. Inurnment will take place in Riverside Cemetery in Oshkosh. In lieu of flowers, a memorial will be established.
The family would like to extend a special thank you for the excellent care and concern from all the staff at 2H in Park View Health Center.
Light a candle in memory
of Francis at
Janet M Felker
F, b. March 4, 1933, d. June 9, 2001
- Birth: Janet M Felker was born on March 4, 1933.
- Marriage: She and Francis G Schommer were married on October 2, 1954.
- Death: Janet M Felker died on June 9, 2001, at age 68.
Clair C (Butch) Schommer
M, b. April 30, 1930, d. January 13, 2015
- Birth: Clair C (Butch) Schommer was born on April 30, 1930.
- Death: He died on January 13, 2015, at age 84, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Clair "Butch" Schommer
Butch Schommer, age 84, of Appleton, passed away at Appleton Medical Center on Tuesday, January 13, 2015. He was born on April 30, 1930, in Menasha, to the late Edward and Susan Schommer. Butch married Marilyn Reimer on June 5, 1954, in Greenville. He was a loving husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather. Butch proudly served his country in the U. S. Army during the Berlin Crisis. He was employed at James River Corporation for many years, retiring in 1992. Butch was an avid Packer, Badger and New York Mets fan, but was most well-known as a beloved and successful coach in youth baseball leagues.
Survivors include his wife of 60 years, Marilyn; his son, Gary (Jodie) Schommer; his daughter, Kim (Dan) Coenen; his grandchildren, Katie (John) Cleven; Michelle (Joe) Scherwinski, and their children Sophia and Ilah; Michael (Sara) Coenen, and their son Cole; and Jill (Josh) Stevens, and their children Dixon and Lucille; and his sister, Noreen Westberg. Butch is further survived by his four sisters-in-law and his brother-in-law, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. He was preceded in death by his five brothers and a sister.
Funeral services will be at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 17, 2015, at MOUNT OLIVE EV. LUTHERAN CHURCH, 930 E. Florida Avenue, Appleton, with Rev. Kenneth L. Frey officiating. Friends may call directly at the church on Saturday from 9:30 a.m. until the time of service. Interment will be in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton. A memorial has been established in his name. Online condolences may be offered at www.wichmannfargo.com.
Marilyn L Reimer