F, b. circa 1920, d. yes
- Birth: Cecelia Verhoeven was born circa 1920.
- Death: She died yes in as infant.
Barry John Merkle
M, b. August 29, 1940, d. April 23, 2010
- Birth: Barry John Merkle was born on August 29, 1940 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on June 23, 1962.
- Death: He died on April 23, 2010, at age 69, in Brattleboro, Windham Co, Vermont.
- Note: Barry J. Merkle Sr.
1940-2010 BRATTLEBORO Barry John Merkle Sr., 69, of Western Avenue, died Friday evening, April 23, 2010, at his home following an extended illness.
Born in Appleton, Wis., on Aug. 29, 1940, the son of Clifford and Margaret Verhoeven Merkle, he was raised and educated in Appleton, graduating from West High School and later attending the University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh. He was a graduate of Community College of Vermont, where he earned his Associates degree in Business.
He served his country in the Air Force, with his career in the military spanning over 20 years. He retired as the rank of Senior Master Sergeant.
Formerly of St. Louis, Mo., he moved to Brattleboro in 1980. He had been employed in the business office at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, and later at Cheshire Transportation based in Keene.
Mr. Merkle was a member of the American Legion, Brattleboro Post #5, was a life member of the V.F.W. Carl M. Dessaint Post #1034, and had held membership in the B.P.O. Elks, Brattleboro Lodge #1499.
He was a communicant of Saint Michael's Roman Catholic Church.
He enjoyed golf and was a member of the Pine Grove Springs Country Club in Spofford, and a former member of the Brattleboro Country Club.
Mr. Merkle enjoyed traveling and enjoyed an annual trip to Las Vegas as well as local weekend get-a-ways to Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun in Connecticut. He especially cherished time shared with his family and many friends.
On June 23, 1962, at Saint Michael's Catholic Church, he was married to Sandra Parmenter, who survives.
Besides his wife of almost 48 years, he leaves five sons, Shawn Merkle and wife, Mary, of Dodgeville, Wis., Jeffrey Merkle and wife, Ellen, of Vernon, B.J. Merkle Jr. and wife, Evie, of Ashuelot, Mark Merkle and fiancée, Stephanie, of Hinsdale, and Christopher Merkle of Swanzey; 15 grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.
Additionally he leaves his brother-in-law, Terrance "Terry" Parmenter of Salem, Mo.; sister-in-law, Karen Johnston of Denair, Calif.; and three nephews and two nieces.
FUNERAL NOTICE: The Liturgy of Christian Burial will be celebrated Thursday at 11 a.m. at St. Michael's Catholic Church with Rev. Richard O'Donnell, pastor, celebrant. Friends are invited to call at the ATAMANIUK FUNERAL HOME on Wednesday from 7-9 p.m.
Memorial contributions in Mr. Merkle's name may be made to, Saint Michael's School, 48 Walnut Street, Brattleboro, VT 05301, attn: Elaine Beam, Principal.
Messages of e-condolence may be sent to the family in care of the funeral home at www.atamaniuk.com. Arrangements are under the direction of the Atamaniuk Funeral Home.
Published in Brattleboro Reformer on Apr. 26, 2010.
Ila Mae Culligan
F, b. April 2, 1928, d. September 1957
- Birth: Ila Mae Culligan was born on April 2, 1928 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died in September 1957, at age 29.
Vivian Margaret Stoffel
F, b. April 13, 1913, d. October 14, 1986
- Birth: Vivian Margaret Stoffel was born on April 13, 1913.
- Death: She died on October 14, 1986, at age 73.
- Burial: She was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Joseph John Brumm
M, b. November 23, 1909, d. January 22, 1974
- Birth: Joseph John Brumm was born on November 23, 1909 in Germany.
- Death: He died on January 22, 1974, at age 64.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Patricia Margaret Brumm
Ethel V Stoffel
F, b. April 11, 1920, d. January 15, 2004
- Birth: Ethel V Stoffel was born on April 11, 1920 in Freedom, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on January 15, 2004, at age 83.
- Burial: She was buried in St Rose Cemetery, Clintonville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Clement Nicholas Geiger
M, b. January 16, 1917, d. July 23, 1990
- Birth: Clement Nicholas Geiger was born on January 16, 1917 in Town of Larrabee, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on July 23, 1990, at age 73, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Rose Cemetery, Clintonville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.