Terence Michael Garvey
M, b. September 17, 1927, d. January 7, 2018
Family: Joanne Welch (b. November 17, 1929, d. September 10, 2012)
- Birth: Terence Michael Garvey was born on September 17, 1927.
- Marriage: He and Joanne Welch were married on February 4, 1956 in Fort Worth, Tarrant Co, Texas.
- Death: Terence Michael Garvey died on January 7, 2018, at age 90.
- Note: GARVEY, Sr., Terence M. Terence "Terry" M. Garvey, Sr., 90, died peacefully in Petaluma on Sunday, January 7, 2018, surrounded by his family. He is survived by his children Kathleen, Lett (Doris), Terry Jr. (Tvang), Tom (Nancy) and Sheila; grandchildren Lauren, Ben, Evan and Natalie; sister Colleen; and ten nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his wife Joanne; son John; and siblings Constance, Thomas and Daniel. Terry was born in Appleton, WI to Celestine and Agnes Garvey. He left Appleton for the University of Notre Dame earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology earning a Master of Science degree in Engineering and Construction. He served in the Army, attended the Engineer Officer Candidates School and was commissioned as a second lieutenant. In 1956 he married Joanne Welch in Fort Worth, TX. In the early years of marriage he worked for the family firm of Fox Valley Construction in Appleton until moving to Arizona where he worked for the Salt River Project and then Amstar Corporation in San Francisco. In 1968 the family moved to Petaluma. He retired as the Chief Engineer for Westlands Water District in Fresno. As a husband and father of six, Terry found time to contribute to the community by leading Cub Scouts, coaching soccer, teaching catechism, and serving on the Old Adobe School Board. In retirement he enjoyed being a member of Kiwanis, SIRS and the Camera Club. He found strength in his faith, especially after Joanne's death. He was a member of St. James Parish, participated in the Catholic Business Club Breakfasts, volunteered with the St. Vincent de Paul Society and become a Eucharistic Minister for patients at Petaluma Valley Hospital. His children have happy memories of camping in Tuolumne Meadows, Bible bedtime stories and his interest in nature and science, especially geology. Terry often had a twinkle in his eye when greeting or teasing friends and acquaintances. He will be remembered for his sharp intellect, thoughtful conversation and genuine interest in people. A Funeral Mass will be held on Saturday, February 17, 2018, 11:00 am at St. James Catholic Church. Donations in Terry's memory may be made to Catholic Charities, the St Vincent de Paul Society, or the Committee on the Shelterless (COTS).
Published Online in the Press Democrat from Jan. 14 to Jan. 15, 2018.
F, b. November 17, 1929, d. September 10, 2012
- Birth: Joanne Welch was born on November 17, 1929 in Fort Worth, Tarrant Co, Texas.
- Marriage: She and Terence Michael Garvey were married on February 4, 1956 in Fort Worth, Tarrant Co, Texas.
- Death: Joanne Welch died on September 10, 2012, at age 82, in Petaluma, Sonoma Co, California.
- Note: Joanne Welch Garvey was born on November 17, 1929 in Fort Worth, Texas, and died on September 10, 2012 in Petaluma. The only child of John and Agnes Welch, Joanne lived in Fort Worth until leaving for Trinity College in Washington, D.C. where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English. She went on to Columbia University in New York, where she earned a Master of Arts degree in Fine Arts and Archeology. She was married on February 4, 1956 to Terence M. Garvey, and they had six children. After living in Appleton, Wisconsin and Scottsdale, Arizona, the family moved to California and settled in Petaluma in 1968. Joanne was an active school volunteer while her children were young, was a Girl Scout leader and Cub Scout den mother, participated in the AFS student exchange program, was a long-time member of the American Association of University Women, and enjoyed being a member of the Petaluma Camera Club. Joanne had a wide variety of interests and a lively curiosity. She enjoyed all visual arts, opera, sewing, knitting, and crocheting. She loved the outdoors, and each summer would pack her Volkswagen bus with camping gear and her six kids and head to Tuolumne Meadows in Yosemite.
Joanne is survived by her husband of 56 years, Terence; daughters Kathleen and Sheila; sons Lett, Terry Jr., and Tom; daughters-in-law, Doris, Tvang, and Nancy; and grandchildren Lauren, Ben, Evan, and Natalie. Her oldest son John died in 2000 at the age of 43.
A Memorial Mass will be held at St. James Catholic Church on Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. In lieu of flowers the family asks that donations be made to the Committee on the Shelterless (COTS). Family assisted by PARENTSORENSEN MORTUARY & CREMATORY, 763-4131.
John Welch Garvey
Kathleen Agnes Garvey
Lett Michael Garvey
David Joseph Abraham
M, b. September 1, 1952, d. February 8, 2013
- Birth: David Joseph Abraham was born on September 1, 1952 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 8, 2013, at age 60, in Jacksonville, Duval Co, Florida.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: David Joseph Abraham, age 60, passed away from complications of heart disease on February 8, 2013, in Jacksonville, Florida.
David was born in Appleton, Wisconsin to David and Nancy Abraham on Sept. 1, 1952 with his twin sister, Diane. He attended Appleton High School-West and graduated in 1971. He went on to graduate with a degree in Social Work from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. He worked as a financial officer at several banks most recently SunTrust Bank of Jacksonville, Florida for 13 years. David enjoyed gardening, walking his dogs on the beach, and most of all his family and friends. He was known for his wonderful sense of humor, kindness and friendliness.
David was preceded in death by his mother, Nancy Garvey Abraham; his grandparents, Joseph N. and Adelle Garvey; and aunt, Janice Garvey; his special beloved aunt, Patty (James) Garvey; his paternal grandparents, Peter and Iva Abraham; uncles, Robert Abraham, Kenneth Abraham; and aunt, Joyce Winch.
David is survived by his father, David B. (Kelly) Abraham of Sun City, Arizona; sister, Patricia (David) and nephew, Christopher Fox of St. Augustine, Fl.; nephews, Richard and Robert Fox of Appleton, Wisconsin; his twin sister, Diane (Michael) Joyce and nieces, Kathleen and Patricia of Ponte Vedra Beach Fl.; a brother, Robert Abraham, nieces, Molly Abraham, Alison Kintigh, Jamie Vanden Boomen and Lisa Schmidt, nephews, Daniel and Mathew Abraham of Wild Rose, Wis.; and a brother, Paul (Cindy) Abraham, nephews, Andrew, Ryan, Paul and niece, Leslie of Knoxville, Tenn.
The family wishes to express their gratitude to the many friends of David who made his life so special, whom he loved so much and always enjoyed being with.
Visitation will be at the social center of St. Mary's church in Appleton, Wisconsin from 9 am to 10:30 am Friday, May 10, with a funeral Mass at 11 am at St. Mary's Church. Burial will follow at St. Mary's Cemetery in Appleton, Wisconsin.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on May 5, 2013.
Robert S Abraham
M, b. May 30, 1956, d. March 17, 2014
- Birth: Robert S Abraham was born on May 30, 1956 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on April 30, 1977 in Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 17, 2014, at age 57.
- Note: Abraham, Robert
Of Saxeville, age 57, passed away on Monday, March 17, 2014 at his home. He was born in Appleton on May 30, 1956 to David and Nancy (Garvey) Abraham. Bob saw value in everyone and everything. He would help anyone. Bob was always full of stories; he had a big heart and a contagious laugh. He loved God so much. He loved his dogs and was a best friend to many. He worked hard his whole life, until the very end, and would have given you his last dollar if you needed it.
He was a beloved father to Jamie (Chad) VandenBoomen, Dan Abraham, Lisa (Jordan) Schmidt, Matt Abraham, Alison (Tom) Kintigh, Molly Abraham, foster child: Cheryl Funk; father: David (Kelly) Abraham, sisters: Diane (Mike) Joyce, Patricia (Dave) Fox, brother: Paul (Cindy) Abraham. He was a much loved Papa to many grandchildren; he is also survived by foster brothers, sisters, other relatives and friends. He was preceded in death by a son, Adam, mother, Nancy Abraham, brother, David Abraham, two grandchildren, Faith VandenBoomen and Jameson Abraham.
The Funeral Service will be on Monday, March 24, 2014 at 12 p.m. at the Maple Crest Funeral Home. The visitation will be on Monday at the funeral home from 10 a.m. until the time of the service. Burial will be in East Bloomfield Cemetery.
Susan Mary Garvey
Barbara A Garvey
Kathleen J Garvey